Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to understand TM's comments on the NG show. He is criticizing Army CID, correct? But, since the remains & earlier evidence was located off base wouldn't local LE (& according to them FBI was involved from the beginning) be the ones collecting evidence? I'm confused about the jurisdiction. IMO

Anyway, although I hear & respect TM's frustration, I do wish he would've waited to speak out to the media until after the suspects were in custody. His comments that the remains were VG's and some description of the crime scene could have ultimately compromised the investigation resulting in AR realizing he was closed in & therefore fleeing & taking his own life. This is only my opinion & I know it will be an unpopular one, but if you look at the timeline of the discovery of the remains, TM spoke out that day saying it was VG, & gave some details about the scene. IMO
JMO Someone could have wanted Robinson dead. He was at least 10 miles from base. According to articles posted here yesterday (he fled after a lie detector test and was told not to leave) what kind of sense does that make? Not to mention he lived in the barracks but had a loaded gun....I couldn't post it here yesterday but the twitter article sent to me said he had on women clothing. Seems everyone was in custody of some sort besides him...None of it makes sense. VG and Robinson may have worked in separate areas but I think their COC are the same people i.e. 1SG, Commander, Battalion Commander, Platoon SGT, etc...My heart breaks for this soldier family it's like they only cared about saving face for someone no one knows....I was in long enough to know when a 'dirty rat' is amongst the ranks, and no not the military as a whole because there are plenty of brave servicemen/women who do the right thing and doing something that's not as easy as some may think, especially coming in as a Private. You look to your peers for leadership and guidance. And again I agree with most here....An investigation needs to be done starting from Top downward.

Last edited:
And so strange that the first request back and forth was through phone text (where is link for that by the way as I've not seen, TIA)... and not military software????
Another member who was formerly in the military also related that texting the serial number of a weapon was not the norm.

But.... I imagine that soldiers, like any group of people, do things from time to time that are not according to the norm for the sake of administrative efficiency or for ease.

What happened to this Vanessa is tragic. What is also tragic is that other soldiers that had nothing to do with this crime may have had their careers permanently damaged because people not involved with the investigation chose to name them by name when promoting unsupported theories of what might have happened.
Very well said.

All the more she should have reported him.
She told her mother she was going to report him. She assured her that she would work it out.

She never had the chance because she was murdered.

If the army doesn't believe the harrassment occurred now, what makes you think they would have believed her two months ago? It would have been one person's word over another.

This is terrible. Poor
She told her mother she was going to report him. She assured her that she would work it out.

If the army doesn't believe the harrassment occurred now, what makes you think they would have believed her two months ago? It would have been one person's word over another.
I would have taken my daughter out of there and ran, but then the mother thought it would be worked out. Terrible. Poor woman and poor family

Not to mention he lived in the barracks but had a loaded gun.....
That is evidently against standing orders.

US servicemen and women, however, serve a democratic society. While they have more constraints on their lives than civilians- including being subject to say, periodic inspections for contraband items (weapons), they are not under constant police state surveillance.

I suspect that soldiers keeping weapons in the barracks can get away it for a certain period of time-perhaps briefly if unlucky and perhaps for a longer period of time if lucky. The enforcement measures needed to eliminate, or near eliminate weapons in the barracks would probably be detrimental to the army as a whole.

VG and Robinson may have worked in separate areas but I think their COC are the same people i.e. 1SG, Commander, Battalion Commander, Platoon SGT, etc..
Yes, especially the more senior leaders. But, if the victim did not report that she was being harassed / stalked, these leaders would not of had the opportunity to take action.

Last edited:
This is terrible. Poor

I would have taken my daughter out of there and ran, but then the mother thought it would be worked out. Terrible. Poor woman and poor family
She probably wishes she could have. Apparently she can't get out of bed and has been prescribed medication. She hasn't spoken out since Vanessa's body was discovered.

She was not at the Press Conference with her two sisters and brother who spoke and were very emotional.

US servicemen and women, however, serve a democratic society. While they have more constraints on their lives than civilians- including being subject to say, periodic inspections for contraband items (weapons), they are not under constant surveillance nor are they in a prison environment.

I suspect that soldiers keeping weapons in the barracks can get away it for a certain period of time-perhaps briefly if unlucky and perhaps for a longer period of time if lucky. The enforcement measures needed to eliminate, or near eliminate weapons in the barracks would probably be detrimental to the army as a whole.
That could be possibly so, but I don't know of any instances where soldiers kept firearms in their rooms. They registered them and had them locked in the Arms Room. Regardless of what one may think most soldiers, especially lower enlisted are terrified of breaking the rules. Most are honorable and do the right thing. They know what the consequences will be if they caught with an firearm. And yes, they do barracks inspections as well as uniform often. In my units they did anyway, but we all can see that something is wrong with the leadership in 3CRC.

FYI

"But on the other hand, retired Master Seargent Tracey Brown believes the disappearance of Pfc. Guillien, in particular, shows a failure of leadership.

"To see how the story played out makes me wonder where was the leadership that should have been there with her? Because you don't go into an arms room by yourself. It's not a one person thing," she explained."

https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/bell-county/is-fort-hood-a-safe-place-for-soldier

s

US servicemen and women, however, serve a democratic society. While they have more constraints on their lives than civilians- including being subject to say, periodic inspections for contraband items (weapons), they are not under constant police state surveillance.

Yes, especially the more senior leaders. But, if the victim did not report that she was being harassed / stalked, these leaders would not of had the opportunity to take action.
Have you seen all the vile things people in her unit was saying about her on SM? One soldier in the unit posted on SM she didn't care about the outcome of speaking out, but that it was for VG, and she said how many days they searched for her (1) one, and what her commander supposedly said? This is JMO but I don't think a lower enlisted would get on SM and make that up knowing the consequences she may face....again JMO

That could be possibly so, but I don't know of any instances where soldiers kept firearms in their rooms. They registered them and had them locked in the Arms Room. Regardless of what one may think most soldiers, especially lower enlisted are terrified of breaking the rules. Most are honorable and do the right thing. They know what the consequences will be if they caught with an firearm. And yes, they do barracks inspections as well as uniform often. In my units they did anyway, but we all can see that something is wrong with the leadership in 3CRC.
Maybe he went to the Armory room and got the weapon when he realized he was about to be arrested. Or maybe he had it at Alguilars home and she was holding it for him. At that point he probably wasn't concerned with breaking the rules.

Maybe he went to the Armory room and got the weapon when he realized he was about to be arrested. Or maybe he had it at Alguilars home and she was holding it for him. At that point he probably wasn't concerned with breaking the rules.[/QUO

I really don't know. I don't even know where Aguilar lives in Killeen. I was going by what I read here yesterday that he fled after being given a lie detector test and was told not to leave. And if that's the case, how would he be able to leave the MP station to carry out his own suicide. To me nothing makes sense. Maybe when CID is done with their so called outstanding investigation it'll all come to light.

A car, a girl friend's place, or even a small off base storage area are all great places to stash contraband. Also suspended ceilings. One story I heard involved an AWOL Solider living in the crawl space over the on base living quarters. When I was in Navy Boot camp, almost everyone had contraband radios or tape players. Where there is a will, there is a way!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this just isn't the case; the buildings that 3CR occupies are old, to the tune of 30 years or so. There are no cameras in common areas, let alone the basement and arms rooms.

Where the Army does have cameras is in buildings that are currently being built; I know the new barracks for medics have cameras, and can be watched from the duty desk by the NCO on duty. I don't say this to be demeaning, but it seems like many people think cameras are wide-spread on military posts and that footage is readily available...unfortunately, it isn't. But believing that footage exists based on an opinion of how the Army works, then leads to angry thoughts of cover-ups and tampering, when in reality, there just isn't footage.

I say this just to ease your mind, as getting riled up right now in anticipation of the Army saying video was deleted does no good. If you know right off the bat that there aren't cameras, it can hopefully stop your mind from wandering down the path of how this investigation was botched or covered up. I lived and worked in these 3CR buildings; I assure you, there is no footage because there are no cameras installed in these buildings. That doesn't mean stop fighting the good fight and pressing for more answers, but this particular avenue leads you to a dead end.
This makes so much sense to me: in civilian life, especially big cities, it's all strangers mixing together, there's a lot of theft and robbery, traffic crashes, etc, and the perps can run away and hide. That's why so many people have installed cameras. But crime is, I'm sure, very low on a military base, just through the nature of how an army is run. To begin with, strangers aren't allowed in, or allowed to wander around. No one has much privacy, everyone has to follow very strict rules, people all know who you are and where you were most of the time.

I think the suspect was the kind of sexually violent predator that seems to appear on occasion. IMO VG, was, unfortunately, appealing to him as an object in some kind of sexual, violent, fantasy. IMO, the whole aspect of the alleged sexual harassment is irrelevant to what happened, it was just something the family had heard from VG, so in the absence of any other information, they created a whole theory around it.

Oh, yes, I see what you are saying. He should have been monitored at that point if they specifically told him not to leave the barracks.

I don't know why he wasn't considered a suspect right away since he was the last person to see her and she never showed up at the motor pool where they were expecting her.

ETA this was a reply to Imdone in response to Robinson being told not to leave the barracks.

Oh, yes, I see what you are saying. He should have been monitored at that point if they specifically told him not to leave the barracks.

I don't know why he wasn't considered a suspect right away since he was the last person to see her and she never showed up at the motor pool where they were expecting her.

ETA this was a reply to Imdone but the post didn't show up.
No he supposed was at the MP (Military Police) station and told not to leave.

And apparently this is a problem that’s been highlighted with Vanessa - I hope there is a real investigation regarding the harassment so far I’m unimpressed
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member