Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, being pretty can be a curse...I wish Vanessa had some sort of premonition, and him harassing her before and probably many times, she would need to tell her superior that she felt super uncomfortable and cant be tete a tete with him, so they could send smb else with her...
But she was responsible and hardworking so she just went ahead...Did she actually report AR ever? I am not sure about this part.
She told her family she was going to report it. I think it was her mother who was going to report it, but Vanessa said she would handle it. I think it was said she was going to report it the day after she was murdered.
As for her having a premonition and her being harassed multiple times and feeling uncomfortable - the human psyche sometimes denies realities to be able to endure them if there is thought to be no way out. Military life can be very controlled with few options, you have to be up to the culture as it is sometimes. Responsible and hardworking - commitment, all which Vanessa had an overabundance of, are great traits - but the environment she faced was just overwhelming when it came to being able to exist without harassment. AR and CA had an overabundance of confidence that they could get away with abuse and Vanessa had a feeling she just had to handle it on her own. Perfect storm. Saw a post where people expect this to happen again at Fort Hood.

Is any one going to ask these leadership types why an E4 was VGs supervisor?

One fallout from AR performing unauthorized E5 dutoes, was it caused him to be the person to meet with VGs family about her disappearance.

Last edited:
She is going to have a hard time in prison.

MOO hope not, I hate the idea of using prisoners to dispense justice.
But her sentence needs to be a lot longer than the 20 years minus whatever "good time" BS.
for conspiring, for aggravation and being egregious.

But also MOO think she helped murder VG. That VG was alive when taken to the river.

She has "I have a secret" written all over her.

Last edited:

One fallout from AR performing unauthorized E5 dutoes, was it caused him to be the person to meet with VGs family about her disappearance.

I wonder how COVID19 affected the base and available personnel, Were rotations suspended and why does it appear (to me) that the Arms room was not assigned the appropriate ranked personnel?

Last edited:
He was the last person who saw her. They had access to the phone so they could have checked locations then. Why wait until the river is searched? Maybe there is information that hasn't been released as far as the investigation. Seems awfully quick that they find evidence and then question him. And then bingo...he's dead. Seems like a lot of time that nothing was done.
They had access to what phone? In order to get geolocation data for a phone, or cell tower data, you need a warrant. For a warrant, you have to have probable cause you suspect someone committed the crime. Being the last person to see someone wouldn’t necessarily meet the probable cause threshold.
I wonder how she was able to identify her if she had been hit so many times with the hammer that some of her teeth were knocked out and her skull was in pieces. Her face and head must have been covered in blood.
A lot of people here seem to forget or are unaware that they made two attempts on separate days to render the body unidentifiable. It is likely she was identifiable (but deceased) when she was taken to the burial site, and was then... I don’t even know what to call it. Poor girl.
But isn't she being charged based on what she told them and what is stated in the affidavit?
The affidavit explicitly states they are revealing only enough information to meet the probable cause threshold for an arrest warrant to be taken out. Her confessing to this stuff easily meets and exceeds probable cause, so that’s what they used.

He was not her supervisor. I’m not sure where this idea came from. They weren’t even in the same company. This is apparent from the affidavit.
I wonder how COVID19 affected the base and available personnel, Were rotations suspended and why does it appear that the Arms room was not assigned the appropriate ranked personnel?
Who says they were not appropriately-ranked personnel? They were unit armorers. It was their job to have access to the arms room. The base was on limited duty at the time though, yes, due to COVID. That would be why more people weren’t around. I would not/do not find it inherently odd that either of them were working on inventories by themselves in their respective arms rooms.

I wonder how COVID19 affected the base and available personnel, Were rotations suspended and why does it appear that the Arms room was not assigned the appropriate ranked personnel?
There is a fix for not enough available E5s. There is a temporary promotion that can be made for positional need.
Temp stripes.

They had access to what phone? In order to get geolocation data for a phone, or cell tower data, you need a warrant. For a warrant, you have to have probable cause you suspect someone committed the crime. Being the last person to see someone wouldn’t necessarily meet the probable cause threshold.

A lot of people here seem to forget or are unaware that they made two attempts on separate days to render the body unidentifiable. It is likely she was identifiable (but deceased) when she was taken to the burial site, and was then... I don’t even know what to call it. Poor girl.

The affidavit explicitly states they are revealing only enough information to meet the probable cause threshold for an arrest warrant to be taken out. Her confessing to this stuff easily meets and exceeds probable cause, so that’s what they used.

He was not her supervisor. I’m not sure where this idea came from. They weren’t even in the same company. This is apparent from the affidavit.

Who says they were not appropriately-ranked personnel? They were unit armorers. It was their job to have access to the arms room. The base was on limited duty at the time though, yes, due to COVID. That would be why more people weren’t around. I would not/do not find it inherently odd that either of them were working on inventories by themselves in their respective arms rooms.

Robinson met with the family about her disappearance.
Would this be because she was on the way to see him in his armory? Not likely.

He has repeatedly been called her supervisor, so if that is not the case.it needs to be cleared up.

Put it this way, why did the Army have the family meet with an E4 armorer from another unit?
Were they letting the family investigate?

Also, if AR is not he harrassing sergeant, as VG would not mistake an E4 for E4, nor would anyone else in the Army, then there is another sergeant somewhere in events leading up to this.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so !! I hope her life is pure he$$ in prison.
And you are ideally located to find out what kind of childhood she had and what made this come to pass, if you could do some investigations for us to build a historical psychological history. We know Vanessa came from a loving intact family, was a good student, and wanted to be in the army since she was a child but we don't know a thing about AC. They seem to be complete opposites.

***Need to qualify this: there are many people who come from challenging imperfect childhoods who turn out stellar, it just doesn't always happens. Life is hard work.

There is a fix for not enough available E5s. There is a temporary promotion that can be made for positional need.
Temp stripes.
“Frocking” is only available to E7s taking over a 1SG role. There is no other “temporary promotion” on the enlisted side. If he was filling an E5 billet, he would be a CPL. That is literally the reason that rank exists. He was not. He was a SPC, and a SPC in another company at that. It is extremely unlikely that he had any real authority over anyone on a regular or assigned basis.

Robinson met with the family about her disappearance.
Would this be because she was on the way to see him in his armory? Not likely.

He has repeatedly been called her supervisor, so if that is not the case.it needs to be cleared up.

Put it this way, why did the Army have the family meet with an E4 armorer from another unit?
Were they letting the family investigate?
I’m going to need a source for the Army arranging a meeting between the family and AR as opposed to a chance encounter at some point.

“Frocking” is only available to E7s taking over a 1SG role. There is no other “temporary promotion” on the enlisted side. If he was filling an E5 billet, he would be a CPL. That is literally the reason that rank exists. He was not. He was a SPC, and a SPC in another company at that. It is extremely unlikely that he had any real authority over anyone on a regular or assigned basis.

When were acting jack E5 segeants eliminated?

I’m going to need a source for the Army arranging a meeting between the family and AR as opposed to a chance encounter at some point.

According to VG's sister Maya, she reportedly met with AR but I don't recall it stated who arranged the meeting or how it came about. I also recall Maya saying that AR laughed at her.

In an earlier MSM I posted up-thread today (news dated 4/27), Maya also states that she started contacting GV's Sargent-- but the Sargent is not identified. Could she have been referring to AR?

“As soon as I saw the clock strike 9 p.m. I knew she wouldn’t be working from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.,” she said. “That’s when I started getting in touch with her sergeant.”

Here is a video clip of sister MG talking about meeting AR.

Missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen's sisters demand justice
According to VG's sister Maya, she reportedly met with AR but I don't recall it stated who arranged the meeting or how it came about. I also recall Maya saying that AR laughed at her.

In an earlier MSM I posted up-thread today (news dated 4/27), Maya also states that she started contacting GV's Sargent-- but the Sargent is not identified. Could she have been referring to AR?

“As soon as I saw the clock strike 9 p.m. I knew she wouldn’t be working from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.,” she said. “That’s when I started getting in touch with her sergeant.”

Yes, this is the video I recall -- although it still does not provide who, when, where, arranged the meeting between MG and AR.

I still want to know who the Sargent is that MG was contacting or attempting to contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine