Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he wasn't considered a suspect right away since he was the last person to see her and she never showed up at the motor pool where they were expecting her.

ETA this was a reply to Imdone in response to Robinson being told not to leave the barracks.
But how do we know he wasn't a suspect? IMO very likely he was, or he wouldn't have been given a lie detector test. They just didn't have evidence against him, so they couldn't arrest him, accuse him, etc.

That could be possibly so, but I don't know of any instances where soldiers kept firearms in their rooms. They registered them and had them locked in the Arms Room. Regardless of what one may think most soldiers, especially lower enlisted are terrified of breaking the rules. Most are honorable and do the right thing. They know what the consequences will be if they caught with an firearm. And yes, they do barracks inspections as well as uniform often. In my units they did anyway, but we all can see that something is wrong with the leadership in 3CRC.
I responded to another post of yours but it got messed up.

I was also going to add that it probably was not very smart to tell him to stay in the barracks, if that's what they did. They basically alerted him that he was potentially a suspect and gave him the time and opportunity to get away.

But how do we know he wasn't a suspect? IMO very likely he was, or he wouldn't have been given a lie detector test. They just didn't have evidence against him, so they couldn't arrest him, accuse him, etc.
It was a BOLO out for his arrest. Nothing makes sense....BOLO out, he fled MP station, was confronted at CA residence, had a weapon, approached by LE 10 miles from base....All confusing.

Yes, at that point I'm sure he was a suspect but by that time they had his cellphone data. That's how they knew where to search and that's how they placed him at the burial site.

I wonder at what point in the investigation they searched his phone records.

I'm still trying to understand TM's comments on the NG show. He is criticizing Army CID, correct? But, since the remains & earlier evidence was located off base wouldn't local LE (& according to them FBI was involved from the beginning) be the ones collecting evidence? I'm confused about the jurisdiction. IMO

Anyway, although I hear & respect TM's frustration, I do wish he would've waited to speak out to the media until after the suspects were in custody. His comments that the remains were VG's and some description of the crime scene could have ultimately compromised the investigation resulting in AR realizing he was closed in & therefore fleeing & taking his own life. This is only my opinion & I know it will be an unpopular one, but if you look at the timeline of the discovery of the remains, TM spoke out that day saying it was VG, & gave some details about the scene. IMO

If I could like this comment multiple times I would. This has also been my concern. Between TM and the family lawyer, I'm not very pleased with the release of information. I have stayed quiet regarding this because I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my husband and I have had many discussions about this.

MOO

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this just isn't the case; the buildings that 3CR occupies are old, to the tune of 30 years or so. There are no cameras in common areas, let alone the basement and arms rooms.

Where the Army does have cameras is in buildings that are currently being built; I know the new barracks for medics have cameras, and can be watched from the duty desk by the NCO on duty. I don't say this to be demeaning, but it seems like many people think cameras are wide-spread on military posts and that footage is readily available...unfortunately, it isn't. But believing that footage exists based on an opinion of how the Army works, then leads to angry thoughts of cover-ups and tampering, when in reality, there just isn't footage.

I say this just to ease your mind, as getting riled up right now in anticipation of the Army saying video was deleted does no good. If you know right off the bat that there aren't cameras, it can hopefully stop your mind from wandering down the path of how this investigation was botched or covered up. I lived and worked in these 3CR buildings; I assure you, there is no footage because there are no cameras installed in these buildings. That doesn't mean stop fighting the good fight and pressing for more answers, but this particular avenue leads you to a dead end.

Like I said it was just speculation. I am glad we have someone who knows these buildings well onboard. That also brings up a big problem, in MOO, with the base at this point. One would think that with all the money and technology available to the military that for security purposes they would install cameras no matter the age of the buildings. It’s not impossible to install cameras in older buildings. I am gobsmacked myself at the thought that the armory in Fort Hood has no cameras for security. But this is obviously why the suspect was seemingly confident in doing what he did. I have no idea if the murder happened on base or not but she left the base somehow and with no cameras available then it’s just a big question mark. But this is all just my opinions and speculation only.

But he killed himself 10 miles from base, they saw him walking remember.....
This article says he was at 'a residence' and was in possession of a handgun. I don't think that necessarily means he was at CA's residence or had an army-issued weapon. Quite possibly he was hiding at a different friends house, and had a gun purchased off the street. READ IT: Detailed affidavit describes evil girlfriend’s role in Vanessa’s Guillen’s dismemberment & MORE

Especially because, at that point, LE had control of CA, were monitoring her calls with him, etc, I don't think he would have been staying at her house and LE would have left him there, it makes me think it took them at few hours to track him to somewhere else, where he was hiding out apart from her.

He was apparently referring to army CID investigators. He said when he showed them the melted pelican lid they said they didn't think it was related, even though Robinson was seen carrying one and lifting it into a vehicle on the day Vanessa went missing.

Where did Miller say he showed them the lid and they said it was unrelated?

"Investigators found the lid to a storage case near where remains have been found the last two days during the search for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen." Link

But he killed himself 10 miles from base, they saw him walking remember.....

Yes. Per the article with the affidavit:

When Robinson learned that authorities had found remains, he managed to escape from the base. Working with authorities, Aguilar placed a “controlled phone call” to Robinson, who apparently “never denied anything they did to Vanessa Guillen.”

“Baby, they found pieces…they found pieces,” Robinson said to Aguilar, referring to investigators discovering human remains.

On July 1, as authorities were pursuing Robinson, he fled from a residence with a personal handgun. As authorities approached Robinson, he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I'm speculating here- CA was at headquarters after the final interview when she made the controlled call. I suspect AR fled from the base to the residence he shared with her, likely to retrieve his weapon with plans to elude LE. That is where LE caught up to him. He attempted to flee the residence with the weapon, and then chose to end his life.

Yes. Per the article with the affidavit:

When Robinson learned that authorities had found remains, he managed to escape from the base. Working with authorities, Aguilar placed a “controlled phone call” to Robinson, who apparently “never denied anything they did to Vanessa Guillen.”

“Baby, they found pieces…they found pieces,” Robinson said to Aguilar, referring to investigators discovering human remains.

On July 1, as authorities were pursuing Robinson, he fled from a residence with a personal handgun. As authorities approached Robinson, he put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I'm speculating here- CA was at headquarters after the final interview when she made the controlled call. I suspect AR fled from the base to the residence he shared with her, likely to retrieve his weapon with plans to elude LE. That is where LE caught up to him. He attempted to flee the residence with the weapon, and then chose to end his life.
Thanks. My head is spinning lol. So many scenarios of where he was and fled from....So he ran that fast from them(did you see all those cop cars?) This is a case for Sherlock :)

Thanks. My head is spinning lol. So many scenarios of where he was and fled from....So he ran that fast from them(did you see all those cop cars?) This is a case for Sherlock :)

LOL right?:)

Something to consider-he escaped base, but that doesn't mean he remained "on foot". Earlier in this thread, the residence address was given as "El Dorado, in Killeen". If this is the correct address it comes up as approximately 6 miles. 4 miles either way depending on where point A started, and Point B ended wouldn't be a stretch.

LOL right?:)

Something to consider-he escaped base, but that doesn't mean he remained "on foot". Earlier in this thread, the residence address was given as "El Dorado, in Killeen". If this is the correct address it comes up as approximately 6 miles. 4 miles either way depending on where point A started, and Point B ended wouldn't be a stretch.
Question? Do you know if it was from the MP when he fled post? Not familiar with El Dorado, but very familiar with Rancier.
TIA

If I could like this comment multiple times I would. This has also been my concern. Between TM and the family lawyer, I'm not very pleased with the release of information. I have stayed quiet regarding this because I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my husband and I have had many discussions about this.

MOO
IMO it's inevitable there would be tension between the officials assigned to a case, and an outsider who comes in, being paid by, and answerable to, the family. Especially when the family is suspicious of the officials and think they're covering up. And if both the family and the outsider depend on getting media attention. Then, officials are going to be wary of letting him know details, because he's going to pass it to the family, and it will get into the media prematurely. But that tends to make him feel shut out and conspired against, and more tending to go to the media... JMO

I posted this to facebook the day Vanessa was found. This was in High School. For those unfamiliar, the instructors in AFJROTC are retired. This was a Lieutenant Colonel, and the other was a Chief Master Sergeant. But this is why she didn't report it. She was afraid. Perhaps she was waiting until she had more concrete evidence, maybe she was wanting him to make a bigger step so there would be more than just her word against his.

When I was in high school, I was sexually assaulted on school grounds by someone I thought was a friend. However, because he and I had "dated" before, and everyone said I was a "flirt", my JROTC instructors made me feel as though it was my fault. They also went to great lengths to convince me that I shouldn't ruin his life, how he had potential within the military. He's now an officer in the Air Force. Rather, was when I last looked into it. I had reported it to our campus police officer who was waiting for me to make a formal report. After the conversation with my instructors, I said nothing. To add insult to injury, any meetings we then had where I was present without another female, we were instructed to leave the door open for protection against any further "false accusations".
Was I a flirt? Sure. Did I dress "provocatively"? Sure, but not anymore than any other teenage girl in my school. Did I deserve it? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I don't mention this for pity, and it's not something I talk about, especially to those who knew this person. Last time I did talk about it, the only reply I got was that he's a "family man" now.
My point with this is that, today, Vanessa Guillen's remains were found. The man suspected of her murder killed himself before anyone could get any information from him. Women have been afraid to report harassment or assaults within the military and that's SO WRONG. I have to wonder if this man had priors, I wonder if someone had been afraid to say anything, or encouraged not to say anything because he "had potential" and she "deserved it".
absolutely disgusting.

Where did Miller say he showed them the lid and they said it was unrelated?

"Investigators found the lid to a storage case near where remains have been found the last two days during the search for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen." Link
It's in the interview that TM did that was just posted today. It may have been with Crime on line. I didn't listen to it but I read a short summary. He didn't say they said it was unrelated, he said they said they did not "think" it was related when he showed it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth