Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She told her mother she was going to report him. She assured her that she would work it out.

She never had the chance because she was murdered.

If the army doesn't believe the harrassment occurred now, what makes you think they would have believed her two months ago? It would have been one person's word over another.

You make a good point about reporting. I would also say that anyone she told is most likely not going to go to the leadership and say anything so they don't jeopardize their career. If you say something after she goes missing, then, your unit might hate you for getting them further investigated. Word against word with a dose community retribution-- not a safe environment.

Thank you! It appears that #19-#22 are NOT included in that article's production of the affidavit? Which begs the question..why isn't it?o_O

Somebody shared the full version yesterday, I forget the username but thank you to them.

Attachments

I'm curious if anyone knows the address to the armory that is on Fort Hood? I've looked on the Fort Hood Directory website but it doesn't seem to be listed. Google Earth is also no help since I'm unfamiliar with the base's property. Thanks in advance!

Thank you! It appears that #19-#22 are NOT included in that article's production of the affidavit? Which begs the question..why isn't it?o_O
The article is from Crime Online and the complaint has been shared from Scribd by Leigh Egan who is very trustworthy. IMO it was just an oversight and not someone holding back the missing page. Just guessing.

Scribd was called "the YouTube for documents", allowing anyone to self-publish on the site using its document reader. The document reader turns PDFs, Word documents, and PowerPoints into Web documents that can be shared on any website that allows embeds.

I'm curious if anyone knows the address to the armory that is on Fort Hood? I've looked on the Fort Hood Directory website but it doesn't seem to be listed. Google Earth is also no help since I'm unfamiliar with the base's property. Thanks in advance!

The arms rooms for 3CR squadrons are almost all exclusively in the basement of squadron buildings, and for the Regimental Support Squadron (RSS), all of the companies had their arms rooms along the same basement corridor. That is to say, if I was going to my company's arms room, I would walk past the arms room for other companies in our squadron along the way.

I believe this would be 9421 Old Ironsides Fort Hood, Texas 76544 . That is the address for the squadron VG and AR belonged to according to the squadron's facebook page.

This article from June 30th at 5:06 pm, Army CID announced unidentified remains were located.

"The Army CID issued the following statement:
Due to extensive investigative work conducted by Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, agents have returned to an area of interest close to the Leon River, Bell County, Texas for more investigative work in the search for PFC Vanessa Guillen. After receiving additional information, agents have discovered what has been described as partial human remains after analysis from a forensic anthropologist. Army CID agents are currently on scene with the Texas Rangers, the FBI and Bell County Sheriff's Department. No confirmation as to the identity of the remains has been made at this point and we ask for the media and public's understanding that the identification process can take time. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, no further information will be released at this time."

So, who is TM referring to when he says "they" botched the investigation & didn't want to collect evidence? Army CID agents, Texas Rangers, the FBI and Bell County Sheriff's Department?

Human remains found during search for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
I've not confirmed the procedures but it seems to me that the Army CID works in conjunction with the other agencies with jurisdiction but that CID takes over collecting the evidence not to break the chain of custody.

I recall that the CID was first alerted about foul odor at the burial site and they responded by contacting the Texas Rangers that went to the site with dogs. I understood that once evidence was located (i.e., lid to the Pelican tote), CID was contacted by others to alert them and CID had to be coxed with photos to come to the scene.

This episode with critical evidence was the frustration Tim shared with NG. They should not have had to google an image of Pelican crate and send CID photos of the evidence lid and google image to get CID to come to see and collect evidence from the burn/burial site. Tim had the same reaction when CID allegedly failed to collect numerous pieces of plastic from the scene as he pointed them out. He was understandably beside himself. Right or wrong, I'm glad he told us what he experienced trying to work with CID.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
She probably wishes she could have. Apparently she can't get out of bed and has been prescribed medication. She hasn't spoken out since Vanessa's body was discovered.

She was not at the Press Conference with her two sisters and brother who spoke and were very emotional.
For anybody doubting VG's mother and/or her comprehension of what was happening to her daughter, this is the full presser on June 24 at Ft Hood after the family's lawyer and congresswoman met with the top brass to request answers.

Mrs. Guillen tells the audience that she did not attend the meeting but got out of her sickbed to talk to the media and ask for the public's help. She demanded the Army produce her daughter alive because she delivered her daughter to the Army alive, fit, ready, and willing to serve her country. (Mother speaks another 15 mins on being stonewalled by CID). Now, given the facts of what happened to VG, it's shattering to listen to the early pleas from VS's family.

KTBC FOX 7 Austin

Guillen's family, their attorney, and U.S. Rep. Sylvia Garcia spoke to media after meeting with Ft. Hood officials. STORY: https://bit.ly/3eyl2Ri

Last edited:
TX - TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

<mod snip>

As I said, I believe that VG was marked Present on the day's muster roster because her platoon leadership correctly reported her as Present. She would NOT have normally been required to report to the accountability AM mustering formation nor the PM mustering formation because she had been given the day off. This has nothing to do with VG being called into the armory, and that trip has nothing to do with legal daily accountability records for personnel.

I find posts alluding to criminal acts by the commanding officer in her unit regarding personnel accountability extremely offensive, and the repeated false accusations in the last thread say a great deal about those posters and reflect on them, not the CO. VG's unit acted with all speed as soon as they realized she was missing - on 4/23.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did Miller say he showed them the lid and they said it was unrelated?

"Investigators found the lid to a storage case near where remains have been found the last two days during the search for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen." Link
The Pelican lid was located prior to the discovery of VG's remains. Unknown to the public, LE/CID had a witness statement since early May that described AR carrying a Pelican tote to a vehicle on 4/22. When the Pelican lid was found near a burn pit in the area where VG's body was later discovered, CID was contacted but they did not think the lid was relevant. To be clear, VG's body had not been located yet but CID had knowledge of the Pelican tote from the witness statement.

ETA: The above account as alleged by Tim Miller

Last edited:
The Pelican lid was located prior to the discovery of VG's remains. Unknown to the public, LE/CID had a witness statement since early May that described AR carrying a Pelican tote to a vehicle on 4/22. When the Pelican lid was found near a burn pit in the area where VG's body was later discovered, CID was contacted but they did not think the lid was relevant. To be clear, VG's body had not been located yet but CID had knowledge of the Pelican tote from the witness statement.
Tim Miller also stated that there was other evidence at the scene, including other pieces of plastic and a burned tire, but investigators left everything behind and only took the piece of the lid.

To be precise, that is what is alleged by TM. We don't know who he spoke to, what kind of authority they had, what kind of decisions had been made about how to communicate with TM and between CID and FBI teams, etc. IMO, frequently what's seen as incompetence is a misunderstanding of what is going on behind the scenes.

All the more she should have reported him.

It is a personal decision. The woman has to be emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually strong enough to survive the consequences and needs to assess the environment as to whether it is safe enough to. Apparently for VG it was not. Retaliation, re-victimization, not being believed are common reasons for not reporting. When dealing with female victims, advocates usually say it is important for the person in the situation to make the decision because they know the consequences they face better than anyone else. We on the outside can say, well why don't they just leave or say something, but on the inside it can sometimes be their life or another family members life on the line.
Sexual Assault Remains Dramatically Underreported
Sexual Assault Remains Dramatically Underreported

There is both a freedom from retaliation for reporting a criminal act and a whistleblower.
The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. § 1034, as amended, prohibits any person from taking, withholding, or threatening any personnel action against a member of the Armed Forces as reprisal for making or preparing any protected communications.

Does anyone know the troops that either VG or AR were in? I ask because I know that while they were in the same 3CR squadron, it's my understanding that they were working in separate arms rooms and VG left hers to go check with AR on gun serial numbers. I'm trying to map out the distance and final crime scene (AR's arms room) as it relates to visibility and possible witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75