Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A memorial was set up near where her remains were found. Not my picture, took it from KWTX’s Facebook page.

I have much gratitude for her service and sacrifice. She is forging the way for other women to have better protections. She has lived for women everywhere, "truly belongs to all" and has become a teacher, as Clarissa Pinkola Estes would say. A beautiful memorial for a beautiful and strong woman.

Just to say thanks for joining this thread with us with your good info! Although you have been a WS member for a year or so,

Welcome to Websleuths,
thecrimesheet !!
Hahaha thank you so much! Yes, I've just been a fly on the wall for a long time, and I'm finally participating! I truly appreciate the warm welcome :))))

There is both a freedom from retaliation for reporting a criminal act and a whistleblower.
The Military Whistleblower Protection Act, Title 10 U.S.C. § 1034, as amended, prohibits any person from taking, withholding, or threatening any personnel action against a member of the Armed Forces as reprisal for making or preparing any protected communications.
No young person wants to initiate going down the complainer chute. There is "he said she said" and reputation all exploited by harassers.
That the power the harassers have.

This article from June 30th at 5:06 pm, Army CID announced unidentified remains were located.

Anyway, although I hear & respect TM's frustration, I do wish he would've waited to speak out to the media until after the suspects were in custody. His comments that the remains were VG's and some description of the crime scene could have ultimately compromised the investigation resulting in AR realizing he was closed in & therefore fleeing & taking his own life.
^^sbbm

Is there evidence that TM talked to NG prior to June 30 when the Army's CID announced remains located and BOLO issued for AR?

Reportedly, AR was deceased around 2 AM on July 1 and CA already booked in Bell County by 4 AM. I don't see AR leaving the base on June 30 connected to
TM.

To be clear, TM is not unknown to the Military -- especially in TX, and has previously stated he received tips where to look for VG from every agency in every jurisdiction. Reportedly, TM/EQQ had previously searched the Ft Hood base (using sonar) at the request of CID.

Also, I believe it was Wed or Thurs that TM publically admitted he probably talked out of turn with details CID probably did not want him to disclose (specific to his alleged experience with the discovery of the pelican lid). He's admitted he did so intentionally.

I agree this was not a good idea but in light of the allegations by VM's family, I'm glad to know of these details.

MOO

Last edited:

SecArmy@SecArmy

We are deeply saddened by events unfolding in the disappearance of SPC Vanessa Guillen. Vanessa was a valued member of the Army team and nothing like this should ever happen to one of our own. The Army is using every available means to learn the truth.
4:15 PM · Jul 3, 2020

SecArmy@SecArmy

We ask for everyone’s patience in this matter as we continue to work with local Texas and Federal law-enforcement agencies to find the truth and bring justice for Vanessa and her family.
4:15 PM · Jul 3, 2020

I think the message finally received, loud and clear. Army response better late than never. MOO

This is terrible. Poor

I would have taken my daughter out of there and ran, but then the mother thought it would be worked out. Terrible. Poor woman and poor family

In hindsight, sure we'd feel that way but of course a parent can't actually do that with an adult offspring.

But he killed himself 10 miles from base, they saw him walking remember.....

Where are you getting ten miles from? Everything I've read just says AR was "a few" miles from base.

If I could like this comment multiple times I would. This has also been my concern. Between TM and the family lawyer, I'm not very pleased with the release of information. I have stayed quiet regarding this because I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my husband and I have had many discussions about this.

MOO

I do tend to agree with you. But, on the other hand, if one or more of the authorities involved aren't doing their job, then "whistle blowing" could actually be very beneficial. It's also always possible that some of those involved are strategically leaking info. in coordination with law enforcement. There is so much that we don't know here yet and always possible that some of it will look different once we have more complete information. I hope so, anyway!

Last edited:
I think there could be more to the relationship between AR and CA.

From CA posts online and AR actions I could easily believe he was her 'pimp' / boyfriend.

This also could be something VG found out.

MOO

So, today the Secretary of the Army is using words and phrases like "patience" and "disappearance" (instead of "murder") and "find the truth".

Maybe I am being unfair because I am so upset by the murder of Vanessa Guillen; but I think that the time for "patience" is long over;
and the "truth" is that Vanessa Guillen was murdered--so why is Mr. Secretary using soft words like "disappearance"?
His words sound disturbingly weak and passionless to me.

If I could like this comment multiple times I would. This has also been my concern. Between TM and the family lawyer, I'm not very pleased with the release of information. I have stayed quiet regarding this because I know it's an unpopular opinion, but my husband and I have had many discussions about this.

MOO

Usually I would agree. But from the moment the Army had the family meet with A. Robinson to discuss her disappearance they lost credibilty.

TM has experience with the dark side of entitled and bungling police interface. To me, I trust he knows it when he sees it.

Whatever the circumstance, IMO they had just found the remains, but hadn't officially identified them. They first confronted his girlfriend with the evidence, as it was more likely she would confess and cooperate with them in getting solid evidence to arrest him. This is standard FBI procedure. The key is that the suspect shouldn't realize he's the prime suspect. This is how, for eg, they successfully prosecuted the murderer of a university student in Illinois, his girlfriend wore a wire and he walked around with her, bragging about what he'd done.

Then the news broke that remains had been found, which AR saw. AR went AWOL, that made his guilt more probable, though I think they still were pursuing him for questioning, rather than arrest. Instead, he had no confidence he would get away with it, and shot himself.

I so agree

So, today the Secretary of the Army is using words and phrases like "patience" and "disappearance" (instead of "murder") and "find the truth".

Maybe I am being unfair because I am so upset by the murder of Vanessa Guillen; but I think that the time for "patience" is long over;
and the "truth" is that Vanessa Guillen was murdered--so why is Mr. Secretary using soft words like "disappearance"?
His words sound disturbingly weak and passionless to me.

I agree, I found his lack of 'seriousness' upsetting. I totally understand wanting to wait until the facts say that Vanessa's body was positively identified, but even then — there's a mountain of evidence that says there was AT LEAST foul play, and he can't even acknowledge that. His comments make it sound like she just ran away...he's trying to tiptoe around all angles, so he's playing it safe for the media.

MOO

Does anyone know the troops that either VG or AR were in? I ask because I know that while they were in the same 3CR squadron, it's my understanding that they were working in separate arms rooms and VG left hers to go check with AR on gun serial numbers. I'm trying to map out the distance and final crime scene (AR's arms room) as it relates to visibility and possible witnesses.

They were one building apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member