TX - Police officer resigns after violent detention of teenage girl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it only posters who are defending LE who say this is about race? Those who are defending the victim here are only talking about an abuse of power.

This story represents everything that is wrong with American society. From the power tripping **** cops who have no respect for people's constitutional or civil rights, to the racist white residents, who think they are still living in the 1950s and can call the cops to remove black kids from the community (whites only) pool.

The United States is still as much a racist cesspool as it ever was. Some parts more so then others, notably Texas.

Post #25

I watched the vids on youtube yesterday. She was near the cop while he was dealing with a male on the ground. She crossed the street. She then was with a group of females on the same side of the street as the cop. She then walked a good distance away and appeared to be leaving.
The cop ran up to her and proceeded to wrestle her to the pavement.
As for the profanity....what I heard was 'stop talking ****' and I'm not sure if it was her that said it and 'call my momma' which I did hear her say before she was taken down.
Profanity isn't enough to warrant a take down by LE. If that were the case the cop would have to be arrested.

I listened to her interview and she admits that she decided to go back to the pool. And she admits that she was using profanity towards the cop

Hi Everyone,

Please let's keep the rhetoric down OK?

Just stick to the facts of the video and the case.

My friends, I have had a very weird and stressful day. I am begging you. Please post within our TOS and make sure you are polite to each other.

If I have one more weird or stressful thing happen today I'm afraid I will turn Websleuths into a Casu marzu recipe forum.

Do you really want that on your conscience?
:shame::shame::tos::tos:

Why is it only posters who are defending LE who say this is about race? Those who are defending the victim here are only talking about an abuse of power.

Have you watched any of the TV coverage or read any of the msm articles? It is not us here at WS claiming it was racial. I do not think it was. But it is being covered in MSM AS IF it were.

So far that is according to you.

'Badge Judgement' reports most of the teens lived in the area. True or not true? Not sure that the press is the only one to blame for false info floating around.

So far the only one claiming that the white woman smacked the black girl is the girl is an interview with the girl who threw the party, nothing more more to corroborate her story. and as for 'most of the teens lived in the area', even the kids who threw the party have admitted that it was the kids who did not live there who started the fights...you believe who you want to believe, no doubt I will do likewise. I've been on the board of HOA's and have had to deal with too many of these unsanctioned pool parties and there aftermaths to trust the kids side...

Go look at post #25 and then reread your post above. :wink:

Have you seen the interview with the girl that was detained? She is claiming it was racial.

Not everything is racial but I can see why she would feel that way just based on viewing the events and the manner of the one cop. He even used different terminology based on who he was speaking/yelling at.
For instance with one set of youths he yelled for them to get their *advertiser censored**s out of here,but for the guy filming he said get your but* out of here in a calmer softer voice.

No, it was not justified. I already said he went overboard. But 11 cops did not. And a dozen or more teens also went overboard. And no one wants to even admit that.

Well, good up on you, Katy -- I mean that sincerely.

From my own perspective, I don't really think that it matters if 11 cops out of 12 acted appropriately with regard to the one who didn't. Do you? If only 10% of those in a protest break laws, are you willing to excuse everyone in the protest?

No, I know you are not. But I wish that everyone would offer the same courtesy to people whether or not they are being paid.

But once again, I have to say that this thread was about the actions of one person. I do not think that all LE are like this fellow. But the public pays his salary -- pays him to beat up teenagers -- and that is just wrong.

eta -- it's been noted, and I did see it myself, that one officer of a lower rank tried to stop him, but was shouldered off. This does go against something I've stated before --one LEO did try to cool him down, albeit in one quick incident.

[video=youtube;uZjHwOHFJGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZjHwOHFJGk[/video]

[video=youtube;EOeWbcDgeiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOeWbcDgeiE[/video]

No, it was not justified. I already said he went overboard. But 11 cops did not. And a dozen or more teens also went overboard. And no one wants to even admit that.

It seems the fact that they are teens in a group that a little back talk/bad actions should be expected. You have an adult male trained in these kind of situations running around tackling a minor for mouthing off and pulling his weapon because two males tried to distract him out of fear that he had lost his mind and could potentially cause her harm.
IMO

You had 12 cops answering the call about a brawl at the pool. ONE cop was over reacting. Why is it such a HUGE story. The girl was asked to leave and you see her leaving, then she turns around and comes back to the pool, AGAINST orders. Of course she was going to be detained. She could have just sat down, but refused to do so. Just like most of the teens did.

The cop was too physical for my liking, but it is not as 'horrifying' as some are trying to make it out to be.

What about the teens hopping the fence, crashing the party and refusing the security guards requests to leave? No one brings that up at all.

You asked me if I would like it if I saw a cop 'abusing' one of my friends. Of course I wouldn't. But I do not see this the same way as you do, obviously. I think he used poor judgment, but I do not think he was abusing her.

But I have had one very scary experience when my daughter was 17. Her best friend was turning 18 on Jan 1st, and she begged us to throw her a surprise party on Dec 31st. BIG MISTAKE on our part. Party started out great, with about 30 kids, all kids we knew from school. We had them playing pool, swimming, had a BBQ. Then a HUGE crowd of uninvited guests began swarming in. 100 kids that we did not even know tried to crash the party. I had to call the cops and it got very ugly. I was frightened for our safety because the party crashers would not leave and were threatening us all. So I am a bit suspicious of the party crashers and think much of the problem began with them. JMO :moo:

I watched this event on livestream as it unfolded. The neighborhood is 50%/50%. Nice folks. Someone tweeted about a party at the community pool. They did not have pool passes. They were trespassers once they jumped that fence. They are the ones who should have left with haste.

I was all with the PO as he was initially working the crowd. Surely he was frightened by the sheer number of ppl and fear of being so outnumbered. There also seems to be currently a war on LEO. He was hearing sharp verbal abuse including from the yellow bikini girl. My apologies for not having her name. Her claim on TV news this evening that she has a pass to the pool. I believe her. I also feel she should have gotten down immediately when the PO asked. He lost me when he instructed yellow bikini girl to plant her face on the ground. Then, it felt more like a war on women.

I did not care for the PO's use of cursing words when addressing individuals in the chaotic crowd. "Sit in the grass with your hands where we can see them," would have sufficed. It's times like this when we can eliminate the bad cops.

Upon arrival to the bedlam at the over-crowded community pool, the PO should have shouted: "Stop where you are until we get this straightened out. No moving about." I'm a little surprised yet grateful that no one was shot.

JMHO and all that jazz

I listened to her interview and she admits that she decided to go back to the pool. And she admits that she was using profanity towards the cop

Valid question....was she not allowed to go back to the pool? As for the profanity,again that isn't enough to warrant being thrown to the ground and put in cuffs.IMO

Valid question....was she not allowed to go back to the pool? As for the profanity,again that isn't enough to warrant being thrown to the ground and put in cuffs.IM0

Sorry double post.

Something I have been wondering about...and I guess this is as good a place as any to bring this up. If there is a "good" place...

I really hope this doesn't come out wrong - because I mean no disrespect to either group.

Is it possible that the issues that seem to be becoming more prevalent is because so many military who have been trained in the past 15 years or so are now leaving the military and becoming LEO?

I am asking these questions

1. Is this true?

If so, seems to me that being in the military and serving during wartime, in enemy territory...and serving your community need to have very different mindsets.

2. Could these mindsets of former military who have been fighting enemy combatants for several tours be something that just isn't necessary for LEO??

Again, I am asking...because it is something I am curious about. I am not making any accusations and I really don't want to offend anyone. I hope that any responses are sent in the manner that I am sending this...

Link please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member