Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how did he get all those injuries since then? What happened during those several weeks the neighbours didn't see him?
I hope he is being properly cared for.
When did the neighbours last see Rudy/Dolph/Rudolph? According to neighbours, he moved to a next-door house with his mother in 2019.

Neighbours said they knew him, but had not seen him recently. Does that mean: one month? two weeks? 3 months? How did he receive those injuries, and when did he become unable to speak?

Who was the last person to see him? ... someone at the cafe next to the church? Before that? Around the time that he was last seen by the neighbours. Was he going home last time he was seen?

Reminds me of woman: anti-freeze, dead family, and money

When did the neighbours last see Rudy/Dolph/Rudolph? According to neighbours, he moved to a next-door house with his mother in 2019.

Neighbours said they knew him, but had not seen him recently. Does that mean: one month? two weeks? 3 months? How did he receive those injuries, and when did he become unable to speak?

Who was the last person to see him? ... someone at the cafe next to the church? Before that? Around the time that he was last seen by the neighbours. Was he going home last time he was seen?

Reminds me of woman: anti-freeze, dead family, and money
The person from the restaurant could her nephew dolph . Also has anyone done a search on the name he came up with (julio torres) he could have split personalities . Jmo

The info that he is nonverbal and thinks he is 14 only comes from his mom. If he has been living in her home this whole time, then saying he is now mute is the perfect excuse to keep him from answering any questions about his time "missing".

He doesn't seem to have been non-verbal with the neighbours only weeks ago.
If what she's saying is correct it seems to only apply when he's with her.
I hope if he does need some type of supported living situation I hope he can go stay with those relatives who reported they'd seen him in 2018. Or at least far away from any further abuse.

Poor Rudy, JMO but it sounds to me like he was/is quite vulnerable and has potentially been a pawn in a fantasy life created by his mom. I don’t know if I can say this, but I think the family members on Facebook posting about him are not real (all his mom with fake photos).

But what about the condition he was found in? We have no way of knowing if the ‘hospital’ photos are real. But if he was injured when found by police, how did he get those injuries? Did the people in the cafe say he looked injured? Or did he get all those injuries in the hours between then and when he was found? Or are the injuries being faked by those who are posting about them?

I have to say if one of my children were missing and then found, last thing I’d be doing is posting anything on Facebook at all other than a quick update for family and friends, but I sure wouldn’t be posting photos of any injuries! I hope that adult social services has their eye on this family to make sure Rudy is safe. He will most certainly need significant mental health support after all that has happened these past few years.

It's totally confusing. It seems there is a mystery man who may have come into the business some time before Rudy (but the article also says he didn't visit the business). While confused and hungry someone purchased Rudy food and then he was found injured. Is the mystery man the same person who brought food? I hope Adult Protection Services is investigating.
Listening to the news report linked below made a little more sense. The man in the video had never been to the business before. He came there, for the first time, just prior to Rudy being discovered outside the church.

Is the guy in the video Rudy?

Kisha Ross and her family were shocked to hear reports that Rudy Farias was located because they never knew he had been reported missing in 2015, according to KTRK.

“He used to come in my garage, chill with my cousin, son, and daughter,” Ross told the news outlet, which cited civil court records that indicate Farias’ mother lives on the same street in northeast Houston

“That boy has never been missing,” the neighbor said, adding that he “would go to the park by himself” at times.

Ross’ cousin, Broderick Conley, said he and Farias would hang out often and had “laughing good times.”

On Tuesday, Santana claimed the man her neighbors have spent time with and seen living with her is her nephew, according to the outlet.

The mother showed KTRK a photograph of the person, but the neighbors said that’s not him.

“I do not know. That’s what I have been trying to figure out all day,” Ross said. “I am confused right now. I am like, ‘What’s going on?'”

In 2018 Houston Police Department received a call from a family member saying Farias was living behind a relative's home. However, when officers arrived to investigate, they didn't find him.

Last edited:
Listening to the news report linked below made a little more sense. The man in the video had never been to the business before. He came there, for the first time, just prior to Rudy being discovered outside the church.

Is the guy in the video Rudy?

They must think so right? Why else mention it?
I'd like to know what's been happening these past few weeks since the neighbours saw him because to me it sounds like he escaped.
Previously allowed out but suddenly not? idk

Has there been more than one source regarding the state in which he was found in? So far, it seems it’s all coming from his Mother?

IMO: Whomever called 911 - and the responders- would witnesses, at least. My question is - what caused him to be in that state?

On a side note, I wonder if LE has found any CCTV from the area. Perhaps footage showing him in the area of the Church before he lied down near it?

IMO: Whomever called 911 - and the responders- would witnesses, at least. My question is - what caused him to be in that state?

On a side note, I wonder if LE has found any CCTV from the area. Perhaps footage showing him in the area of the Church before he lied down near it?
Also, if he’s been missing for 8 years and disappeared with no resources including his inhaler, he would have been in rough shape much much sooner. Why only now someone called the police? I highly doubt someone abducted an 18 year old man that was walking two dogs in broad daylight. Usually children are trafficked, not adults. If he left on his own accord, where was he sleeping during this time? In 8 years nobody spotted him or called the police about a man in rough shape until now.

Various neighbours said they had hung out with "Dolph" who lived with Rudy's mum.
Mum said they were mistaken and "Dolph" was her nephew, but when the neighbours saw a picture of the nephew they said it wasn't the "Dolph" they'd met.
They seemed pretty shocked and don't believe Rudy was ever missing.

eta: Should be an article soon but that was from the abc13 live.
This story is getting stranger by the minute!

Finally caught up and... I'm more confused now than when I started.

Is the young man in the video Rudy? I thought he looked like Pedro Pascal.
If it's Rudy, how in the world did he end up across the street a few hours later, all beaten up?
How did the mother get to him before LE did, and then take him home?
How did she even know he'd been found, to be able to arrive before LE did?
Or have I read that wrong and she arrived after they did, and then took him home?
Non-verbal folks don't tell you they're someone else with a different age so... what's the real story there?
I could go on with my questions but I think the most important thing is to get that young man out of that house and get him some qualified, professional help.

jmo

I'll admit I wanted to give the mother the benefit of the doubt when the story first broke of him being found. Now there is just too much to be able to ignore. I have a million questions. If the mother has been like this then why has no one said anything in all this time? Surely someone saw Rudy and was like "Hey?! Aint he supposed to be missing?!?" I am mind blown that someone as basic as her was able to pull this off for so long.

Do we know the source of the hospital bed photo? Reverse Google image? Generic hospital room. No real identifying features of the individual or facility. Doesn't appear to be a LE photo (because I'd expect to see more person, less sheet); not a hospital staff photo, HIPPA. not a journalist, surely. So family? No straight on photo of his injuries? To gain community support and media attention, in order to canvas wide for tips?

I hope LE is hot on this.

Jmo

Last edited:

7/5/23 AT 5:50 AM EDT

[...] ABC13 asked Farias' mother about the neighbors' comments, but she did not wish to be interviewed on camera. She told reporters that the man her neighbors were describing was her nephew, not her son.

She shared photos of the nephew, but the neighbors said this was not the man they know as Dolph.

"I do not know. That's what I have been trying to figure out all day. I am confused right now. I am like, 'What is going on?" Ross said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc