Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The case of Rudy Farias, the teenager found over the weekend after going missing in 2015, is getting a fresh look from Houston Police. Chief Troy Finner told our TV partner Channel Two they have a lot of questions.

“I just think that we need to get in and get some answers right now,” said Finner who then added, “We’ll get down to the bottom of it.”

Tim Miller of EquuSearch is also trying to find answers, admitting that he has spoken with HPD investigators routinely since Farias was discovered outside of the church last week. Miller said in the last 24 hours, HPD has told him, “They want to go visit Rudy. They want to go talk with family and they want to put things together, but nobody has what you got.”

What Miller is referencing is a video we obtained after workers at a business near where Farias was found expressed concerns. They said the man in the video never visited their establishment. They also said that the man came in only hours before Farias was discovered. He also was incoherent, had no money and left after someone purchased a meal for him, according to the workers. A few hours later, Farias, who is unable to talk, according to his family, was discovered across the street by HPD and HFD.

“The mystery man in that video needs to be tracked down and checked out immediately,” said Miller, who believes investigators should identify whether or not it is Rudy.

Rudy's family excitedly confirmed the news in a statement posted to Facebook, writing: "It's him!!! It's our Rudy, he's been found and he's alive and in the hospital right now."

They said he was "unrecognisable" as they claimed he'd "been through hell and abused" but in a strange twist in the case, they revealed he now thought he was a different person.

"He thinks his name is Julio Torres and he's 14 now," they said.

Last edited:
I hate to even think this but, was it "time for him to be found" for whatever reason so, he was beaten and left in front of the church for a newsworthy homecoming story?
Or....

Witness protection program, homestyle? Like staging a death, only with the option to reappear?

Then some terrible street justice?

Some truth, some stretch?

I'm going to believe the neighbors at this time. In addition, knowing that Rudy was still wearing the necklace of his brother (this has been on my mind) speaks volumes. Do you go missing for 8 years and are still able to wear a necklace you were originally wearing in 2015? Not impossible - but not realistic.

Moreover, what about the billboard and any tips to the tipline over the years... calls, tips ignored and not checked into? I don't get it, overall.
moo

July 5, 2023

Farias was still wearing the necklace of his brother — who died in a 2011 motorcycle accident — and was nonverbal, she said.

Last edited:
In an open missing persons case the police and family regularly check in with each other. I wonder how that process was working out during the 8 years Rudy was allegedly missing

Wonder if there is currently a "fundraiser" for the mother?

In an open missing persons case the police and family regularly check in with each other. I wonder how that process was working out during the 8 years Rudy was allegedly missing

Wonder if there is currently a "fundraiser" for the mother?
His old one (from when he was first missing) is still up. I've seen a newer one but I'm not sure if it's the mom whose running it.

Also, if he’s been missing for 8 years and disappeared with no resources including his inhaler, he would have been in rough shape much much sooner. Why only now someone called the police? I highly doubt someone abducted an 18 year old man that was walking two dogs in broad daylight. Usually children are trafficked, not adults. If he left on his own accord, where was he sleeping during this time? In 8 years nobody spotted him or called the police about a man in rough shape until now.

I wonder if LE checked to see if his RX for an inhaler was being filled, and who was collecting it.

I still stand by dog theory being unlikely. If he was walking the dogs, they most likely had a collar and a leash. I have a hard time believing two dogs with a collar and potentially a leash attached to them would be wandering the streets and nobody would have picked them up (especially the dog that was wandering around for an extra day) or notified the neighborhood of seeing a loose dog. Or perhaps the collar had the phone number to call if lost as many collars do yet again, nobody picked up the dog and checked.

The dogs then find their way home. The second one wanders for an extra day but finds his way back. How many dogs get lost everyday and aren't able to find their way home? But in this case, they dogs split up instead of staying together, and find their way back home separately. We see so many posts on FB, Nextdoor, flyers looking for a lost pup. I would like to see the distance between his house and his place of disappearance.

Personally I can’t figure out what’s been going on here.

There is either too much tragedy, or too much lying and fabrication.

So many people in one’s circle dying in motorcycle accidents seems preposterous or terrible. Which is it?

So many conflicting stories about Rudy’s age at disappearance. So many conflicting stories about his longtime disappearance, versus the frequent sightings of him by neighbors.

There is definitely someone in a hospital in very poor shape. But what mother would publicize those pictures? Is that even Rudy?

<modsnip>

Many other very suspicious details here, but someone was indeed found and clearly needs help.

Who's that person?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I still stand by dog theory being unlikely. If he was walking the dogs, they most likely had a collar and a leash. I have a hard time believing two dogs with a collar and potentially a leash attached to them would be wandering the streets and nobody would have picked them up (especially the dog that was wandering around for an extra day) or notified the neighborhood of seeing a loose dog. The dogs then find their way home. The second one wanders for an extra day but finds his way back. How many dogs get lost everyday and aren't able to find their way home? But in this case, they dogs split up instead of staying together, and find their way back home separately. We see so many posts on FB, Nextdoor, flyers looking for a lost pup. I would like to see the distance between his house and his place of disappearance.
By place of disappearance, you mean the field where an inhaler was located. Right?

There may be a paywall. Sorry, I am unable to transfer the article text over.

No paywall.

"Representatives from the department didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment nor did they provide updated information regarding the time the meeting was expected to take place. Earlier plans to interview Rudolph "Rudy" Farias IV Monday were postponed and his mother provided a statement at the time saying her son had been "nonverbal.""

I mean we know from the neighbours he's not non-verbal, I wonder how long she's going to keep making stuff up. I also hope HPD is aware of the seriousness of mental abuse and don't just let this go because he's an adult male and she's his mom. Not saying that's what's been going on but statements like that does not come out the mouth of a loving, caring mother, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc