Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing neither the mother nor Rudy want their locations known at this time. The mother probably wants to steer clear of the press, the public and LE. And Rudy probably wants to steer clear of the press, the public and his mother.

I also doubt LE will push an abuse/assault case against the mother unless Rudy wants to press charges. If he doesn't want to testify against her/recants what he's supposedly already said, then it's hard to see how they'd have much of a case.

Re the mother wasting taxpayer money on a bogus search and collecting donations for a bogus search, I would like to know an estimate of how much money that was in total. Just curious.

But there, too, if Rudy doesn't want her to get in trouble as he's said, what if he just said he was missing for longer than originally stated after all? I don't think the police can do much unless Rudy wants them to. Otherwise, it comes down to the police coercing a probable traumatized victim to testify against his probable abuser when he doesn't want to, which is not ideal either.

All MOO.

Last edited:
JUL 7, 2023
[...]

Records also show Santana has been married multiple times. At least one of those marriages was voided because an ex claimed she was married to at least two other people at the same time. KPRC 2 Legal Analyst Brian Wice said that is illegal, but likely won’t play a factor in her son’s case.

“This investigation is a marathon, it’s not a sprint. The investigation is a search for truth, not rush to judgment,” said Wice.

Detectives said no charges have been filed at this time, pending a full investigation. Santana is also not charged at this time for filing fake reports or providing fake names

“At the end of the day, those are misdemeanors and yes it matters but the district attorney’s office made the judgment call that it wasn’t appropriate to file those charges, I agree with that, but that doesn’t mean that mom is out of the woods yet,” said Wice.

HPD said the case is active and ongoing.

Rudy’s Aunt, Pauline Sanchez, hugged Rudy for the first time on Thursday since he had been reported as a missing person in 2015. Sanchez says the two had some time to talk.

"He basically didn’t tell me verbally, but he looked at me in the eye, and he she some tears and cried with me. He cried about it. I did mention to Quanell, I said what you told Quanell, is it the same? He said ‘yeah.’"

Retired HPD detective weighs in, stating "Quanell's involvement could be detrimental to an already complex case and could make filing charges for the abuse impossible if the allegations are proven to be accurate."

And he " believes the focus of the investigation could shift to fraud that Farias' mother is being accused of surrounding his disappearance. He also thinks investigators will look into whether Farias himself was involved inde it."

JUL 7, 2023
[...]

“Everything he says is true,” Sanchez Rodriguez said Friday on “CUOMO.”

She grew suspicious of Santana, her half-sister, when she would go to Santana’s house to visit her mother, who was living there before she died.

“It looked suspicious because it would take her about 20 minutes or a little bit more for her to answer the door. It takes like maybe three seconds to get to the door,” Sanchez Rodriguez said. “I feel that she was hiding my nephew Rudy. … I had to go with my gut feeling and my heart. … When you’re sixth sense starts talking to you, you need to start watching out and paying attention to it.”

Sanchez Rodriguez also said her mother repeatedly told the family that Farias was living inside the house, but Santana cast the elder woman as senile.

“When my mom was alive she would even tell us, mention that he was sexually getting assaulted. So, that much I did hear from my mom, hearing that he was in the house all the time,” Sanchez Rodriguez said.

[...]

Another private investigator speaks about figuring out Rudy's disappearance was a scam. Janie came up with a "lead" that Rudy was being held captive in Mexico. When the PI contacted the woman in Mexico who was apparently the captor, she indicated Janie was trying to pull her into the scam and she wanted nothing to do with it.

Link is to a News Nation clip.

Oh my, lots in here including possible Munchausen, confirmation of wrong birth date (he was 18, not 17 when he went missing), CPS was previously involved, etc.

I'm typically a "let LE do their job" kind of person. But in this particular case, if a well-known figure like QX had not gotten involved and spoken out publicly, would Rudy have just continued living with Janie in (very likely) horrific circumstances? If she has a psychological hold on him due to grooming, threats, Stockholm syndrome, etc., it seems possible the story would've been "He's an adult and has chosen to remain with his mother" and faded from the headlines pretty quickly - to the benefit of Janie (and even HPD, to an extent) but to the likely detriment of Rudy.

Sure, it's important to protect an investigation, but in this case, it seems more important to get him away from his abuser. He seems unable to do that on his own, so an advocate was needed. Without knowing what Janie can be criminally accused of (mainly due to Rudy's age), I think public outcry may have been the best way to help him.

Oh my, lots in here including possible Munchausen, confirmation of wrong birth date (he was 18, not 17 when he went missing), CPS was previously involved, etc.

Glad this info is finally making it to MSM. From the link above:

"Ms Santana operated several pages under her own name and aliases, and used photos of attractive younger women that appeared to have been taken from the internet."

"Another perplexing detail came when Ms Paradise learned that his mother had given an incorrect date of birth for her son." (Me: I looked up birth records, which are public. Rudy was born in 1996. He was 18 when he was reported missing. I think that is significant as he would be legal age and "disappearing" would mean Mom could control any assets, should he have inheritance, etc. imo, while at the same time not be taken as seriously by LE as a child who went missing.)

"In 2012, Ms Santana insisted on taking her son into hospital for brain scans, Ms Paradise said. During the visit Child Protective Services separated the pair and questioned Mr Farias." (Me: The photos Mom posted after Rudy's "discovery" were actually photos from his 2012 hospital stay, according to the aunt.)

The mom tried to raise money to help with Rudy's "cancer," but he "had never been seriously unwell, didn’t have asthma, or cancer, as his mother had claimed."

The web of LIES is incredible.

Imagine the damage to a child growing up with lies as reality.

jmo

Glad this info is finally making it to MSM. From the link above:

"Ms Santana operated several pages under her own name and aliases, and used photos of attractive younger women that appeared to have been taken from the internet."

"Another perplexing detail came when Ms Paradise learned that his mother had given an incorrect date of birth for her son." (Me: I looked up birth records, which are public. Rudy was born in 1996. He was 18 when he was reported missing. I think that is significant as he would be legal age and "disappearing" would mean Mom could control any assets, should he have inheritance, etc. imo, while at the same time not be taken as seriously by LE as a child who went missing.)

"In 2012, Ms Santana insisted on taking her son into hospital for brain scans, Ms Paradise said. During the visit Child Protective Services separated the pair and questioned Mr Farias." (Me: The photos Mom posted after Rudy's "discovery" were actually photos from his 2012 hospital stay, according to the aunt.)

The mom tried to raise money to help with Rudy's "cancer," but he "had never been seriously unwell, didn’t have asthma, or cancer, as his mother had claimed."

The web of LIES is incredible.

Imagine the damage to a child growing up with lies as reality.

jmo
I wonder if this PI, or the other PIs who found discrepancies with JS, reported their findings to HPD. If not, why? (Not snark) If so, that could tell a lot about HPD and their seriousness with the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member