Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*jaw drops* *blinks*

Uh. Wowza. I'm not sure what part is making my brain explode the most. THREE motorcycle accidents?!? Neighbors saying he's been living there (but how have they not seen the billboards or anything in the news/posters....maybe they've only lived there for a few years?). A PI says he and his wife were hired by her for a few months after he "disappeared" and says they got repeated tips that never panned out.

If this is a scam, I am FURIOUS that she would abuse Texas Equusearch's time and resources like that.

JUL 4, 2023
[...]

Kisha Ross and her family were shocked to find out Rudolph "Rudy" Farias was found because they never knew he was reported missing. Civil court records reveal his mother lives on the same street in northeast Houston.

"He used to come in my garage, chill with my cousin, son, and daughter," Ross said. "That boy has never been missing."

Ross' cousin, Broderick Conley, said they would hang out often.

"Laughing good times," Conley said.

"Sometimes he would go to the park by himself," Ross added.

They know him as Dolph, short for his given name Rudolph. They said he goes to their home often, but they haven't seen him in the last few weeks.

[...]

*jaw drops* *blinks*

Uh. Wowza. I'm not sure what part is making my brain explode the most. THREE motorcycle accidents?!? Neighbors saying he's been living there (but how have they not seen the billboards or anything in the news/posters....maybe they've only lived there for a few years?). A PI says he and his wife were hired by her for a few months after he "disappeared" and says they got repeated tips that never panned out.

If this is a scam, I am FURIOUS that she would abuse Texas Equusearch's time and resources like that.
Well, at least one of the accidents seems likely to be real….

At the time of Farias' disappearance, his mother told officials that he suffered from depression and PTSD since his brother died in a motorcycle accident in 2011, something neighbors say he spoke about.

"He said he had lost a brother in a motorcycle accident," Ross said. "I know when he was thinking about his brother, he wouldn't come to hang out; he would go and sit there in the back in the woods by himself."'

('Ross' is one of the neighbors from the above link, who said he’s been talking to the “missing' 'Dolph' for years.)

When I was a kid, my cousins moved from WA to Guam. They lived there about 10 years and when they moved back, they were literally unrecognizable. The one cousin that was a year older than me had deep crowsfeet wrinkles, and looked around 40 years old, lol (he was 17). He also had super dark skin, and he's as Scottish as the day is long.

Point being, spending ample time in the sun will most definitely change the way you look in a really short period of time.

Is it possible this young man has been outside the majority of his time missing?
Agreed. Some NYC chronic homeless people are fairly crispy... sometimes also caked with dirt.

JUL 4, 2023
[...]

Kisha Ross and her family were shocked to find out Rudolph "Rudy" Farias was found because they never knew he was reported missing. Civil court records reveal his mother lives on the same street in northeast Houston.

"He used to come in my garage, chill with my cousin, son, and daughter," Ross said. "That boy has never been missing."

Ross' cousin, Broderick Conley, said they would hang out often.

"Laughing good times," Conley said.

"Sometimes he would go to the park by himself," Ross added.

They know him as Dolph, short for his given name Rudolph. They said he goes to their home often, but they haven't seen him in the last few weeks.

[...]
I'm relieved that this has all come out so quickly in MSM. I know we all want a happy ending, but it was clear from the beginning that this wasn't one.

Various neighbours said they had hung out with "Dolph" who lived with Rudy's mum.
Mum said they were mistaken and "Dolph" was her nephew, but when the neighbours saw a picture of the nephew they said it wasn't the "Dolph" they'd met.
They seemed pretty shocked and don't believe Rudy was ever missing.

eta: Should be an article soon but that was from the abc13 live.
Thank you! But, seriously….. Omg, what is going on.

7.4.2023 updated an hour ago

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Neighbors are questioning whether a 25-year-old man found alive after he was reported missing eight years ago was really ever missing.

Houston Police tweets location where Rudy was found:
Rudy Farias was found about 10 p.m. last Thurs (June 29) outside a church on 76th St. at Ave. L.

HPD missing persons investigators plan to speak with Rudy & his family on Weds to determine his whereabouts since he was reported missing in 2015.

Any updates will be posted here.

Really curious about what has transpired here. Poor Rudy. It will be interesting to hear what Houston Police post after speaking with Rudy and his family. MOO

I'm completely baffled at why no one in the street would recognise him going in and out of his home and hanging around the area .
From records online, his mother bought a new house in 2019, so in the recent years it’s likely the current neighbors didn’t know anything about the family. It seems like his network was quite limited in general.

Given that the photo on flyers was apparently Rudy at 14, even though he went missing at 17/18, he likely looked very different in his 20s especially after neglect and abuse.

As far as extended family having some awareness he was there the whole time—unclear what this is about. A few family members have mentioned this or have been cited as witnessing him. IMO I gather some messy family dynamics and various uses of leverage, and possible other unsavory activities. We do know there was at least one report to police that he was sighted, but police were apparently unable to locate him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members