Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond denied on Theresa Balboa

Jasper County Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace John Cooper has denied bond on Theresa Raye Balboa, 29, the Houston woman arrested earlier this week in connection with the discovery of the body of a young child in Jasper motel room.

Balboa appeared before Judge Cooper shortly after 8:00 on Thursday morning at the Jasper County Jail where she is being held. After hearing the circumstances surrounding the case, Cooper decided not to allow bond in the case and authorities are now waiting for her transport back to Houston where she faces prosecution. However, when she will be taken to Houston is not known.

Also on Thursday, Judge Cooper said the body of the six year old victim, Samuel Olson had been transferred from the Jefferson County Morgue in Beaumont to the Harris County Morgue in Houston where an autopsy will be peformed as officers from Houston take over the case.

Cooper had on Tuesday signed paperwork requesting the autopsy as he and others attempt to find out where, when and how the death of Olson occurred.

Reliable sources close to investigation have said there was no indication of how the young boy died but it appeared that the child might have been dead for some time.

Bond denied on Theresa Balboa
BBM

Did I miss confirmation that the body is Samuel? I thought we were still waiting for that.

Maybe she went to Cleveland to ask for help in person from this unnamed driver?
Was she afraid this person would refuse if she called or sent a text asking for help?
Was she concerned about DO or LE seeing texts or calls about this trip on her phone?

Hopefully we’ll get more details soon.

Even if it's not confirmed she's right where she should be. A dead child in a tote is enough reason to keep her locked up. Without bond. MOO
If it's like other cases I've followed, the ME will announced COD as homicide but charges won't be filed until the autopy and all foresenics reports are complete. It could be awhile.

jmo

Last edited:
‘I can barely breathe’: Samuel Olson’s father tells KPRC 2 what he would say to his jailed girlfriend Theresa Balboa about his son

June 2, 2021

HOUSTON
– Dalton Olson, the father of Samuel Olson, spoke to KPRC 2 Wednesday, saying he wants “justice for his son.”

“I don’t know what’s going on. I found out what happened last night,” Olsen told KPRC 2′s Vincent Crivelli. “I can barely breathe.”

Asked what he would want to tell Theresa Balboa, his girlfriend who is now charged in the case, he replied with this: “Why? He loved you so much. I do not understand what happened. Why did you, why did you do this?”

I still can’t figure out why he was enrolled in school in the Cyfair School district. For those of you not familiar with Houston, that is very very far from where any of the players were living.

I believe that is where SO lived with his father DO and his grandfather, prior to SO somehow apparently ending up living with TB elsewhere (the Webster apartment).

As a cite, here's a quote from

Last person to see missing 6-year-old boy also missing, family says

"Dalton told FOX 26 that Samuel was sent to quarantine at Teresa’s apartment in Webster to avoid bringing COVID home to Cypress where he lives with his dad and his high-risk grandfather."

Last edited:
I believe that is where SO lived with his father DO and his grandfather, prior to SO somehow apparently ending up living with TD elsewhere (the Webster apartment?).

"Dalton told FOX 26 that Samuel was sent to quarantine at Teresa’s apartment in Webster to avoid bringing COVID home to Cypress where he lives with his dad and his high-risk grandfather."
Thank you. This is the first MSM explanation why SO may not have been noticed missing earlier if Dalton lived apart from the victim.

ETA: report cites Sam was feeling unwell when he went to Webster apartment with TB for quarantine.

Thank you. This is the first MSM explanation why SO may not have been noticed missing earlier if Dalton lived apart from the victim.

ETA: report cites Sam was feeling unwell when he went to Webster apartment with TB for quarantine.
Grrr. They were still him hiding him,and entrusting SO's life with her. I'm not really buying that version of the story anyway. Sorry but it sounds just as believable as the Mom came by with a fake cop story. MOO

Grrr. They were still him hiding him,and entrusting SO's life with her. I'm not really buying that version of the story anyway. Sorry but it sounds just as believable as the Mom came by with a fake cop story. MOO
I don't know if the quaratine thing is true or not, but I definitely want to know when it supposedly started. Do we have that info?

jmo

I believe that is where SO lived with his father DO and his grandfather, prior to SO somehow apparently ending up living with TB elsewhere (the Webster apartment).

Where SO had been unable to find DO and her son Samuel for the past year?
Must have been a well hidden residence or did they move every month or so (with the at risk grandfather) to avoid being found?

Where does his biological mom live? Just wondering how far away she was from where he was living and going to school. Did the paternal grandparents realize he was being kept from her?

UPDATE on Samuel Olson case via Jasper Co. Sheriff's Office: Theresa Balboa has been arraigned on a tampering with evidence charge, in connection w/a child’s body (believed to be Olson) found in a Jasper motel room. No bond set. Authorities unsure when she'll return to Houston.

https://twitter.com/AdamBennettKHOU/status/1400523067676364800

Samuel Olson case: Father’s girlfriend charged after child found dead in Jasper motel room

June 3, 2021

On Wednesday evening, the attorney representing Samuel’s biological mother, Sarah Olson, issued a statement saying that she wants “justice for her baby, Sam” and that she’s “hurting very deeply.”

The attorney, Marco González, also said that the mother did not wish to speak to the media until she’s had a chance to identify the body that was found.

“Since she hasn’t had a chance to identify the child, she’s still coping and trying to get all the information and process things her way right now. She feels like she can’t gather the strength and speak with you now,” González said.

The lawyer stated that Sarah feels like Samuel’s father should also be in custody 100%, saying that “she’s hoping and praying that he is taken into custody.”

The father of a missing 6-year-old is “shocked and devastated” at the turn of events that left his son presumably dead in a Jasper hotel room and his girlfriend charged with tampering with evidence in the case, his attorney said Thursday.

Dalton Olson and his family at first believed girlfriend Theresa Balboa’s account leading up to young Samuel’s disappearance - that on May 27, the child’s mother and a man in a uniform showed up at her house and told her she would go to jail if she didn’t let him take the boy, police said. It wasn’t until days later he realized something was amiss with Balboa, 29.

“It’s been a rollercoaster,” attorney Samuel Veenstra said. “He had no reason to suspect something was off with Theresa, assuming Theresa did this.”

And as Samuel Olson’s mother has blamed the death on not only on Balboa but on her soon-to-be ex-husband,Veenstra further denied that the father had anything to do with the disappearance or apparent death.

“He’s been nothing but devastated through this whole situation,” he said. “To put blame on Dalton, as having responsibility for the death of his son, it’s just absurd.”

Samuel Olson's dad denies involvement in son's apparent death as girlfriend faces charges

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member