Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you mlhenn-If that is the case I am so scared for this little guy. Hope he is found safe soon but I am so scared this is not going to end well.
My gut feeling is that both parents love him dearly, and wouldn't want to harm him...although they were messing up by having such a contentious custody fight---sad that they couldn't come to an agreement.

But I have less faith in the others involved here...:confused:

that press conference was incredibly pointed, it was so clear already the direction this is going :(
So much of this is unbelievable. I'm sitting on my hands, I'm angry and would prefer to vent about it, but I need to stop making the poor mods clean up after me :oops:

ETA: how would mom have full custody and not know that her child was not in school for 4 weeks?

Not caught up on the thread, but last verified sighting at school was April 30th, but fiance/girlfriend says she was about to take him to school. Is school still in session? I find this odd. Why about to take him to school on the day he goes missing but he has not been there in a month? Very odd.JMO

Doesn't the school call if the child is absent? Who was supposed to pick him up after school? This is crazy. I fear for the boy.

I find it interesting the girlfriend puts herself as the last person to see the child and that she was taking him to school after he's been absent for a month. This is a mirror of the Vegas case and has a sprinkle of Casey Anthony in there. If both parents had equal custody, why wasn't the little guy in school for a month? JMO

It the first few seconds of this interview LE says they received a call around 6pm that he was missing. If a fake officer and the mother came in at 7:30am and took the child why so long to call LE?
Last KNOWN siting was 4/30 by the school.
I foresee many arrests in this, <modsnip>. IMO

One other thing I picked up during the press conference. If we set what parties have stated to the media to the side and go with the words of the LE Officer “the biological mom and the biological father each have joint custody and each has time with child and so that’s what we know by court records at this point and I haven’t been given any updates on that” Quote from the 3:35 mark.

Media Briefing on Search for Missing 6-Year-Old Last seen at school a month ago. I feel LE anger. MOO
I had a sinking feeling this would be the case. This case reminds me of little Amari Nicholson's case in Las Vegas. He was also reported taken by someone who came to the door and demanded him.

Now knowing Samuel hasn't been to school since April, I wonder if someone read about Amari and thought it sounded like a good idea. Total speculation on my part of course. Not pointing a finger at anyone in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing I picked up during the press conference. If we set what parties have stated to the media to the side and go with the words of the LE Officer “the biological mom and the biological father each have joint custody and each has time with child and so that’s what we know by court records at this point and I haven’t been given any updates on that” Quote from the 3:35 mark.
<modsnip> The school hasn't seen Samuel since 4/30. So if this is a joint custody issue, doesn't seem very joint to me. IMO

My gut feeling is that both parents love him dearly, and wouldn't want to harm him...although they were messing up by having such a contentious custody fight---sad that they couldn't come to an agreement.

I would agree however now we are finding out he wasn't in school for the month of May yet the G/F said she was getting him ready for school when the fake cop showed up.

MAY 31, 2021
5-year-old Samuel Olson missing from Houston | khou.com
[...]

Texas EquuSearch volunteers have now joined the search for Samuel, and on Monday, the group searched an area near the Gulf Freeway and Dixie Farm Road in the Webster area.

Within walking distance from that area, Houston police were searching the Gateway at Ellington apartment complex after they said they received reports that it was the last known location Samuel was seen.

The apartment complex is being rented by an acquaintance of Samuel's dad's girlfriend.

[...]

According to investigators, Samuel was reported missing on May 27 by an individual who claimed he was taken by another individual.

[...]

Investigators said they have very little information to go on, but what they do know is that the last time anyone outside of Samuel’s family saw him was on April 30 when the boy was at school in northeast Houston.

[...]

8800 McAvoy Dr (Sam taken) to Gateway at Ellington Apts (Sam's last known location) to Gulf Fwy & Dixie Farm Rd (Tim’s 5/31 search area) to Northeast Houston (Sam’s school) – Google Maps

Thank you mlhenn-If that is the case I am so scared for this little guy. Hope he is found safe soon but I am so scared this is not going to end well.

<modsnip>

Tim Miller: “I sure as h*!! Don’t think we’re gonna have a happy ending”

That says it all. I don’t think little Sam has been alive since April 30.
Agreed. I can come up with some really strange scenarios that might explain some of the oddities we're hearing about this case but, based simply on that fact that this young boy hasn't been seen at school for weeks, combined with the details being presented by dad & his gf's story, I have to think LE should forget about investigating this supposed male subject said to have impersonated an officer while abducting little Sam. Instead LE should focus on locating a body. I do pray that I am wrong though and that we eventually find Sam in a safe place somewhere. MOO
(EBM to rephrase so that no direct blame was cast upon anyone.)

Last edited:
This is a poop storm to the extreme!!!!! If this little one hasn’t been since in weeks, that’s a lot of time to cover tracks. Coincidental that it was his birthday a couple days ago, couldn’t hide he was gone any longer when others want to see or talk to him for his sixth birthday! moo
Bingo.

I had a sinking feeling this would be the case. This case reminds me of little Amari Nicholson's case in Las Vegas. He was also reported taken by someone who came to the door and demanded him.

Now knowing Samuel hasn't been to school since April, I wonder if someone read about Amari and thought it sounded like a good idea. Total speculation on my part of course. Not pointing a finger at anyone in particular.
That's what I suspect too, about the Amari story playing a role.

If the school questioned Samuel's absence, I would guess it could be explained by, "his mother has him now."

If gf was at her mom's house, I would assume her mom would notice when a child was there and when he wasn't. Since he just celebrated a birthday, are there pictures of the cake, birthday boy, etc?

I do think the Amari case was an inspiration for the cop story. In Amari's case, it was a bio-dad's sister who was said to have shown up to take the child (that was a lie), and it made sense since the boyfriend knew there was a sister but not what she looked like. In this case, the gf "had" to give up the child because she doesn't have any legal claim to have him - so thought she would get a pass for not questioning the cop and pins the blame on someone else. Speculation.

In both cases, the lie is easily disputed. Duh.

But....where is Samuel?! Someone knows.

jmo

Sometimes, bio-moms and bio-dads legally share joint custody, but in reality the child lives with one or the other, or with a grandparent or grandparents. That way, there is no court-ordered child support. IMO there was no custody battle going on here, but it was getting ready to be awkward when there were no birthday pictures to show. I am so mad and sad right now.

Mod Note:
Social Media comments being made by someone stating to be a family advocate are not an approved source, unless it is specified in MSM or by LE that this individual is in fact a designated spokesperson or advocate on the family’s behalf.

As you come across individuals or groups stating to be advocates, please reach out to the Admin/Mod team so the individual or group can be looked into further before sharing links or comments from said sources.

History shows that families can be taken advantage of, especially in early phases of these unfortunate circumstances, so we want to be cautious of sources we promote or permit on WS.

Thanks for your understanding,
Tiff

This is so sad. I wonder what the paternal grandmother TO is thinking now. She described Samuel’s missing and loose tooth in detail like she had seen him fairly recently and really cared about him. I wonder when she last saw Samuel. She also said in one interview that we don’t know what happened but we just need him back, which made me think she was already doubting some reports. I think grandma TO could be crucial to cracking this case. If she can get some alone time with her son. JMO.

The article has been updated with some additional info:
Search warrant executed for missing 6-year-old boy from Webster

WEBSTER, Texas – Houston police detectives and members of the forensic crime scene unit are executing a search warrant at an apartment where six-year-old Samuel Olson was staying for some period of time over the last few weeks. They are looking for any clues that would lead them to the whereabouts of the missing child.

“”

According to court documents, Balboa, 29, was charged with Assault of a Family Member – Impeding Breathing in Nov. 2020. Balboa is accused of “impeding the normal breathing and circulation of the blood of [Olson] by applying pressure to [Olson’s] throat and by applying pressure to [Olson’s] neck,” according to the charging document, dated Nov. 29, 2020. A judge issued Olson an emergency protective order against Balboa for the alleged incident. According to the order, Balboa was forbidden from “communicating directly with a member of the family or household or with the protected individual.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova