Found Deceased TX - Shawtyeria Waites, 21, celebrating her birthday, Houston, 27 Jul 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So just kicking some things around.
How did the perp know that unit was vacant??
Are they residents there or working with someone in the leasing office??

I questioned the vacant apartment earlier on..but my confusion was it was stated the friends saw SW enter into the complex, but when they returned they were unsure the apartment she went into...but then it was shared they believe it to be vacant.
So did the friends actually see her enter into an apartment or not?
Do they know which apartment it was in order to know whether it was vacant or not?

Surely since LE knows the actually club the women and this man were at before leaving for the apartment, that any surveillance video has been reviewed, right??

And if there is video that captured this man, I would think LE would share a photo of him to see if anyone recognizes him or if they were at the same club that night whether they remember anything.
It’s been shared that this guy was flashing large amounts of money at the club so I’d think he would possibly stand out to others around. I mean I’ve never been to a strip club so maybe there are lots of people throwing money around, idk...but surely someone remembers something!

Random thought: What if this guy wasn’t visiting this particular club that night, but rather he owned it or worked there?

They haven’t shared the name of the club (unless I missed it). First, it was referred to as a club they were at, then eventually a club where the women were dancing around in, and eventually referred to as a strip club...almost like info just slowly trickles out concerning this case, IMO.

Moo...the person .. logically is familiar with apartments there.....could be they actually live in one of the units or they have visited and know there is an empty apartment...or maybe they have viewed apartment if it is up for rent....moo

So are there new kids in town to takeover from this less than savory bunch? speculation, imo. rbbm.
June 1 2021
Suspected Houston sex traffickers face federal charges in case triggered by HISD student's outcry
''Chambers is accused of recruiting the 15-year-old at a party in Irvington attended by pimps and young girls. The student told the school psychologist she had earned $400 to $500 a week for sex acts in cars and motels around Bissonnet and she gave most of that money to Chambers. She also told school staff she had recruited other female schoolmates to work for Chambers.''

February 22, 2019
Human Trafficking in Houston, Texas: #1 Worst City in the U.S.
''While Houston is #1 among cities, Texas as a whole ranks #2 among all 50 states in terms of human trafficking rates (after California), according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
The human trafficking statistics in Texas are really quite staggering.''

Sex trafficking in Houston | khou.com
''You have to remember that sex traffickers, unfortunately, are an advanced criminal network. They operate like a business,” Mankarious said.
A business that has focused its sights on Houston.''

Moo....local sex trafficking ... is mostly under age..it is where the money is...over 18 a person is worth less. They are all street wise girls...the other girls should be able to give a very detailed description of him. Moo

So are there new kids in town to takeover from this less than savory bunch? speculation, imo. rbbm.
June 1 2021
Suspected Houston sex traffickers face federal charges in case triggered by HISD student's outcry
''Chambers is accused of recruiting the 15-year-old at a party in Irvington attended by pimps and young girls. The student told the school psychologist she had earned $400 to $500 a week for sex acts in cars and motels around Bissonnet and she gave most of that money to Chambers. She also told school staff she had recruited other female schoolmates to work for Chambers.''

February 22, 2019
Human Trafficking in Houston, Texas: #1 Worst City in the U.S.
''While Houston is #1 among cities, Texas as a whole ranks #2 among all 50 states in terms of human trafficking rates (after California), according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
The human trafficking statistics in Texas are really quite staggering.''

Sex trafficking in Houston | khou.com
''You have to remember that sex traffickers, unfortunately, are an advanced criminal network. They operate like a business,” Mankarious said.
A business that has focused its sights on Houston.''

Right in the midst of Houston’s most prominent open air sex market is Best Elementary School - day and night at the “Bissonnet Track”. It’s shocking.
JMO

Shawtyeria Waites: Last Seen At Houston Apartment Complex

This article was published 2 weeks ago, when very little information had been shared in the media...but this article did share the following:
Shawtyeria was last at the Chimney Rock Apartments in Houston, Texas in Building H.

Moo...the person .. logically is familiar with apartments there.....could be they actually live in one of the units or they have visited and know there is an empty apartment...or maybe they have viewed apartment if it is up for rent....moo

The following is from apartments. Com . BBM re: self guided tours. Sounds like someone could easily scout an empty unit out. Or just give that address out as their own. Also, the community page says there are 970 units in the complex. That makes for a lot of residents that this man could have visited to become familiar with the apartment, and a lot of residents for LE to contact.

Self-Guided Tours Available

This community supports self-guided tours that offer prospective residents the ability to enter, tour, and exit the property without staff assistance. Contact the property for more details.

Personal Online Tours

Many properties are now offering LIVE tours via FaceTime and other streaming apps.

Young Houston woman vanishes after meeting man at strip club | khou.com

Court documents confirm Waites was involved in the sex industry, something that Quanell X says could have played a part in her disappearance.

He said her family is devastated.
I found the court record under Harris County Court Records website. Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records No fee to view records but you do have to provide a name and email so they can email you a password to set up your account. I found one recent arrest for prostitution. 235857001010 - The State of Texas vs. WAITES, SHAWTYERIA. She was booked May 14 of this year and the last (criminal) court activity was June 11, 2021 when her bond was revoked. If you read the "activities" page in the records when the bond was revoked you will see the code SNU 998. In "court speak" that means a second warrant for her arrest was issued.

Last edited:
I found the court record under Harris County Court Records website. Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records No fee to view records but you do have to provide a name and email so they can email you a password to set up your account. I found one recent arrest for prostitution. 235857001010 - The State of Texas vs. WAITES, SHAWTYERIA. She was booked May 14 of this year and the last (criminal) court activity was June 11, 2021 when her bond was revoked. If you read the "activities" page in the records when the bond was revoked you will see the code SNU 998. In "court speak" that means a second warrant for her arrest was issued.

Bond was revoked for a prostitution arrest?

Moo ...self guided tours...that would simplify life for some not so honest people..I would never of thought of that. :(

So. According to newer more accurate reports, The apartment complex was not the one I referenced and instead is Villages of Meyerland. Their apartments. Com page does NOT say that they do unguided tours (good for them, I guess?). However looking across various review sites, the complex has a reputation for being seedy and dangerous. 711 units.

Villages at Meyerland Apartments - Houston, TX | Apartments.com

So. According to newer more accurate reports, The apartment complex was not the one I referenced and instead is Villages of Meyerland. Their apartments. Com page does NOT say that they do unguided tours (good for them, I guess?). However looking across various review sites, the complex has a reputation for being seedy and dangerous. 711 units.

Villages at Meyerland Apartments - Houston, TX | Apartments.com
The area is iffy. And it’s not far to Bissonnet Street.
I wonder if there was a picture from that night showing her outfit? Especially since they were partying to celebrate her birthday, if they could include that picture - might help to show people in the area and at the apartment complex.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky