Found Deceased TX - Shawtyeria Waites, 21, celebrating her birthday, Houston, 27 Jul 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a fear that LE won't take it as seriously because she was in the sex industry. I pray I'm wrong.
They unfortunately probably won't. Given that she was involved with prostitution I am wondering if this was something of a pimp snatch (not sure what to call it) type of thing.

When I briefly worked as a cocktail waitress at a shady strip club in NYC, it was not uncommon for a pimp to take another pimps lady, by force or willingly, if she was a good money maker. Not saying this is necessarily the case, but one night stuck in my mind where a pimp literally carried away a girl from another pimp after the club had closed and threw her in his car. If the guy whose apartment they left her at did something like this she could be anywhere, especially if his crew travels a lot.

MISSING: Shawtyeria Waites – Houston, Texas (7/27/21)

Shawtyeria Waites was last seen in Houston, Texas on July 27, 2021. Shawtyeria was wearing a pink dress, pink sandals, and a long, black, and curly hair wig.

If you have seen Shawtyeria Waites since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Shawtyeria’s disappearance, please call the Houston Police Department at (832) 394-1840 or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

Last edited:
I'm loosing hope that she's alive. And I'm starting to think the friends she was with are lying about their involvement.
Have been hoping that since SW is pretty, young, and does not look like she is messed up on booze or drugs- she would be worth more alive than dead if indeed a pimp abducted her.
Hoping the birthday soiree was not a set up...
speculation, imo.

A couple of weeks ago I went onto NAMUS to see if Shawtyeria was entered. At the time she wasn't (though she now is). However, I did find a listing for a woman named Shawntell Waites who disappeared from Albuquerque in 2006 when she was 29 years old. Shawtyeria is originally from NM and I think I read that her family still lives there.
Might be nothing more than a coincidence of last name and location but I thought it was worth posting.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A couple of weeks ago I went onto NAMUS to see if Shawtyeria was entered. At the time she wasn't (though she now is). However, I did find a listing for a woman named Shawntell Waites who disappeared from Albuquerque in 2006 when she was 29 years old. Shawtyeria is originally from NM and I think I read that her family still lives there.
Might be nothing more than a coincidence of last name and location but I thought it was worth posting.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Interesting, noting from link on the off chance the two missing women encountered the same people, or maybe even have similar tattoos, or it is some kind of i.d. mess up, relative? ... speculation, imo.

Age 29
Last contact January 1, 2006
''Tattoo of a woman on upper right leg; Unknown tattoos on both upper arms; Unknown tattoo on back; Unknown tattoo on ankle (unknown which ankle)''
''Shawntell was last seen in Albuquerque, NM sometime during 2006. She has never been heard from again. Shawntell is one of over a dozen women who were reported missing in the Albuquerque area since 2001.''

There will be a 2 pm press conference with an update live streamed at the link provided by @EveningSolace above.

The murder suspect (Potts) is still at large according to reports, but has an active warrant out for his arrest.

edit: sorry to repeat info, my post crossed paths with the ETA above. My apologies!

Oh, no. :(
I don't know why I felt strongly that trafficking was involved, probably wanting a situation where she was alive.
So I'm wondering if her two friends were able to give info pointing to this "man" or can positively ID him.
WHY ?? Why bring violence on her?? She did not deserve any of this.

Important to note,
"Potts has been charged with murder. He is currently not in custody. "

Here’s an additional link.

WANTED: Man charged with murder, accused of killing Houston woman who went missing while celebrating her birthday

Jordan Potts, 26, is accused in the death of Shawtyeria Waites, 21.

Police are actively searching for Potts, whose whereabouts remain unknown.

Earlier that night, she had been celebrating her birthday with two friends. While at a club, the women met a man, later identified as Potts, who invited them to his apartment complex in southwest Houston.

On Aug. 13, investigators found evidence of foul play regarding Waites’ disappearance, and the case was assigned to the HPD Homicide Division. Homicide detectives determined Waites was killed inside Potts’ apartment, according to an HPD release. Waites’ body was placed in the trunk of Potts’ vehicle and transported from the location.

On Friday, Aug. 27, police located Waites’ remains in Brookshire.

Formal identification is pending, though physical evidence indicated the remains are those of Waites, police said.

From the press conference re: the killer ..he may have cut his hair,.he has no vehicle or means of communication, so he could be living in a park or homeless.shelter.

Eta - he is originally from Oregon and may have ties to Montana.

They said that this looks like a pattern for him, communicating / meeting women online and they remind people / women to be careful (not just in this case but always).

Last edited:
How in the heck did he convince these women to go to his apartment? He doesn't even own a vehicle and might be living in a park or homeless shelter?!? o_O Where'd he get all that money he was flashing around.

This is so sad. :( I'll be praying for all who love Shawtyeria. May she rest in peace.

How in the heck did he convince these women to go to his apartment? He doesn't even own a vehicle and might be living in a park or homeless shelter?!? o_O Where'd he get all that money he was flashing around.

This is so sad. :( I'll be praying for all who love Shawtyeria. May she rest in peace.

They said that they (LE) still have his car so that's why no transportation (her body was moved in the trunk :( ). As for the homeless / park comment, they said 'he is not at home where we would expect him to be' and essentially that he is on the run. I will try to go back and transcribe some of the main points, I apologize for not giving a more complete recap of their presser. Major brain fog today.

Hopefully the public will come through quickly and get this guy off the streets.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back