Found Deceased TX - Shawtyeria Waites, 21, celebrating her birthday, Houston, 27 Jul 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was flashing large sums of cash yet he has no vehicle? He has no means of communications but he has a pattern of communicating with women online? Interesting.

Seems like cops knew who this guy was from the beginning but they didn't start going after him hard until they had a body.

Guessing her girlfriends smelled something fishy but she didn't, or wanted the money enough to take the risk. It's a business of calculated risk.

Could have been the reverse though, "I only want to play enough for one of you. You other two come back later". Net result is the same though.

As far as sex trafficking goes, she's too old and too established to be a prime target. Those kind of girls get got when they're 15 and the only friends they have are other girls who are in it with them.

Suspect Charged, Wanted in Woman's Death at 8950 Chimney Rock Road

Anyone with information in this case or on the whereabouts of Jordan Potts is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

nr210830-5a.jpg

Wanted - Jordan Potts

nr210830-5b.jpg

Tattoos on Potts' Right Arm

damn sohe killed her literally right after she arrived, sick, why?

Pure evil, IMO...beyond horrific.

College Student Who Vanished After Birthday Night Out with Friends Is Found Slain, Suspect at Large

Waites was last seen alive at a Houston apartment complex on the night of July 25, according to police. She had been dropped off by her friends at the complex to meet a man, who police believe to be Potts. After about an hour, Waites' friend was unable to get ahold of her.

College Student Who Vanished After Birthday Night Out with Friends Is Found Slain, Suspect at Large

It's unclear whether Waites and Potts had met on a dating app before the encounter. Lt. Meeler warned other women to be careful since Potts remains at large.

"We're asking the public's help in finding him. Look at this individual, if you see him, if he tries to communicate — it looks like this is a pattern of his, trying to communicate with females in this manner," Meeler said. "So what I'd like to say is be careful with who you deal with out there on social media, through dating apps, et cetera."

A pattern of his? That’s frightening & horrific! Has he done something to this nature before??!!

Must of missed the new posts this past week, just tuned in to learn that Shawtyera was murdered soon after arriving at the apt.
Terribly sad at any time, but on a girl's 21st birthday, it is really hard to stomach.
The suspect does not even look as i imagined he would, had expected an older, flashy, chubby sort of guy, with lots of gold chains around his neck, but instead it is just a homeless punk with mean, soulless, reptilian eyes, imo, speculation.

...suspect reportedly arrested in Oregon after midnight on September 1, 2021...strange, though, why this would not have been all over the news, IMO. Can someone cross-check (for lack of a better word) in some way? I don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

This is an official link to the Multnomah County Sheriff Arrest information. A look-up under the menu for inmates lists a Jordan Potts, fugitive, in custody, with mugshot. It does appear to be the suspect out of Houston, but clean-shaven and with a haircut.

https://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1522090

(Mods, etc: If not allowed, due to rules, please remove, I'm always a little confused on what is allowed/disallowed. Thanks!)

...suspect reportedly arrested in Oregon after midnight on September 1, 2021...strange, though, why this would not have been all over the news, IMO. Can someone cross-check (for lack of a better word) in some way? I don't want to get everyone's hopes up.

This is an official link to the Multnomah County Sheriff Arrest information. A look-up under the menu for inmates lists a Jordan Potts, fugitive, in custody, with mugshot. It does appear to be the suspect out of Houston, but clean-shaven and with a haircut.

(Mods, etc: If not allowed, due to rules, please remove, I'm always a little confused on what is allowed/disallowed. Thanks!)
I do think he's the one who is accused of her murder - nicely done!

its him

SWAT team arrests Texas murder suspect in Gresham | KOIN.com
jordan-potts-09012021.jpg

A booking photo of Jordan Curtis Potts, Sept. 1, 2021. (MCSO)

''Gresham detectives carried out surveillance after learning Potts was staying at a local apartment complex, police said.

A SWAT team was dispatched once authorities confirmed Potts’ location and he was taken into custody peacefully, according to police. Potts was booked Wednesday into the Multnomah County Jail on a warrant out of Harris County, Texas.''

I would like to know how he got to Oregon, how he afforded the trip, who the apartment belonged to (where he was 'hiding out'),etc etc etc. Basically, who, if anyone, was helping him and what,if anything,
did they know?

Just glad he's caught.

"Houston homicide suspect arrested in Gresham
September 2, 2021

In late August 2021, detectives from the Houston Police Department requested assistance from Gresham Police related to the murder of 20-year-old Shawtyeria Waites of New Mexico. Information provided by Houston Police suggested that the suspect, 27-year-old Jordan Potts, was hiding in the Gresham area. Gresham Police detectives determined that Mr. Potts was staying at a local apartment complex and conducted surveillance. After confirming that Mr. Potts was inside the apartment, the department’s Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit was activated. Mr. Potts was later taken into custody without incident and is being held on a warrant out of Harris County, Texas.

Houston homicide suspect arrested in Gresham | City of Gresham

A couple of weeks ago I went onto NAMUS to see if Shawtyeria was entered. At the time she wasn't (though she now is). However, I did find a listing for a woman named Shawntell Waites who disappeared from Albuquerque in 2006 when she was 29 years old. Shawtyeria is originally from NM and I think I read that her family still lives there.
Might be nothing more than a coincidence of last name and location but I thought it was worth posting.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She is her mom. I saw on a FB live her cousin was discussing her murder and her mother's 15 years disappearance. So sad.

"SHAWTYERIA WAITES cousin, Carlton speaks out about her homicide and
Mother, Shawntell Monique Waites 15
year disappearance"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members