Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, he’s making stuff up to cover-up what he really did.

What really happened is going to be even worse. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that the "stand by the tree" story is true....
It may be that when this little girl got up, she put her shoes on as habit. Perhaps this was a controlling environment, where everything was done JUST SO, and any deviation from expectations was met with punishment.
Also possible that the father thought (sickly and wrongly) that he was doing the right thing by trying to teach her. So even though he was punishing her in a way that is cruel and unjust, he took the care to put her shoes on so her feet wouldn't hurt.
And finally, possible that this was such a common occurrence, this punishment, that she put her shoes on as they went out the door.

What a horrid parenting idea, to take a child who would likely have serious abandonment/attachment issues from her first year of life, and then USE ABANDONMENT as a form of punishment. Sick.

This little one was in an orphanage in India when she was adopted by this family 2 years ago. Who knows what her life was like, what her prenatal care was like. But at the very least, institutionalization for the first year would have significant impacts on her development and social skills. IMO she came with the non-verbal, and has not moved out of it in two years. Perhaps there is more that institutional developmental delay. I spent time today researching the impact of orphanages on infants. Really just so tragic.
Yes, very tragic. However, the biggest factor in recovery from early trauma is a safe, nurturing caregiver and environment. So theoretically, 2 years of love, support, care, etc would have a great impact on undoing the developmental delay by reprogramming the brain. During the first 3 years the brain is very malleable and there is a lot of hope for babies to recover, even when they have experienced trauma in utero and during the first year institutionalized.

My guess is, she did not have that type of environment. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There’s no mention of a blood trail. A coyote can’t take a little girl without her screaming and a blood trail left on the ground

There was no 3am milk refusal.

There was no 3am standing by the tree punishment.

There was no coyote snatch.

Stop trying to make sense of his story, you can't.

He is lying.

It was hard falling asleep last night. I think tonight will be much harder. :(

Yes, that's my thought as a possibility as well. Especially since the description seemed to be clothing vs pajamas.

Or

It's (sadly) a regularly used punishment and "put your sandals/shoes on" is always the first step in the punishment.

Or

It's an inaccurate description and she did not have any shoes.

Does anyone think trafficking could be possible with this type of situation? I keep reading comments in social media, but have never actually thought about it.

By our son's 3rd birthday, he wasn't speaking sentences. He knew his ABC's, could count to 100, knew which NBA team that apx players belonged to, and could show you on a globe all of the continents and oceans, but he just couldn't put together sentences. He spoke few words. We got him in speech therapy, and now a year and a half later, he is nearly caught up to his peers. Wish we had started him earlier, but we just figured that since he was so smart otherwise, the language would come along when he was ready. Just wanted to put this out here for anyone else who has little ones with language delays. Every child is different and matures differently, and speech/language delays are not the end of the world (although it may seem like that at times).

And when they first adopted her, it might not have been known she would would end up being nonverbal...

Poor sweetie, wish I could hug her right now, and comfort her.

I suspect he usually made her put her shoes on in case a neighbor saw her. He could quickly make up a “she wandered outside” or “we were playing and she ran off and hid behind the tree” story. I also think he used her non-verbal status to his benefit, knowing she wouldn’t contradict whatever story he made up. MOO

Does anyone think trafficking could be possible with this type of situation? I keep reading comments in social media, but have never actually thought about it.
I haven't seen anything at all that would suggest trafficking. Jmo.

Yes, very tragic. However, the biggest factor in recovery from early trauma is a safe, nurturing caregiver and environment. So theoretically, 2 years of love, support, care, etc would have a great impact on undoing the developmental delay by reprogramming the brain. During the first 3 years the brain is very malleable and there is a lot of hope for babies to recover, even when they have experienced trauma in utero and during the first year institutionalized.

My guess is, she did not have that type of environment. Jmo.

I've known people who adopted very small children, including as young as 2 mo, who were later diagnosed with RAD. Many kids adopted as toddlers really still suffer from attachment issues for a very long time even with a loving home and loads of therapy.

No, I don't. JMO

There was no 3am milk refusal.

There was no 3am standing by the tree punishment.

There was no coyote snatch.

Stop trying to make sense of his story, you can't.

He is lying.

:thinking: Agreeing with you 100%

I've known people who adopted very small children, including as young as 2 mo, who were later diagnosed with RAD. Many kids adopted as toddlers really still suffer from attachment issues for a very long time even with a loving home and loads of therapy.
Absolutely. But without that type of environment, they are nearly destined to meet criteria for RAD (which, personally I have a lot of problems with as a diagnosis and rarely use). Attachment problems can begin in utero and certainly during the first months of life. The impact of substance use and maternal stress in utero also plays a large role, of course.

The earlier a child is removed from the environment, the better chance they have to live healthy lives as children and adults. After 3, and even more so after 6, the progress is not as substantial. The first 3 years have the most potential for impacting brain development negatively but also positively.

With the very limited information we have on this family, I'm making a pretty broad assumption that her home life may not have been very nurturing and could have further exacerbated her remaining mute or even caused it. I've worked with elementary age children who had traumatic experiences and were nonverbal. Once safety was established and they worked through their trauma, they were able to speak. Without speech therapy. I cannot say that is the case here, but it does make me wonder. Jmo.

As dumb as he seems to be with his story I wouldn't be surprised if she is hidden in that house.

I'm curious why the biological child hasn't been removed from the home (at least temporarily) to make sure she isn't being abused too. Or was little Sherin punished to such extremes because she was adopted?

I'm curious why the biological child hasn't been removed from the home (at least temporarily) to make sure she isn't being abused too. Or was little Sherin punished to such extremes because she was adopted?
Do we know that she hasn't? It could be that she was placed with relatives as part of a safety plan, which wouldn't be public record. Or, that through questioning of Mom and with Dad behind bars, they do not feel she is in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member