Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
''Detectives and FBI agents searched Mathews’s house midweek, and subsequently announced that someone left in the family’s SUV about 4 a.m. on the day she disappeared, and returned home within the hour.''

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...went-missing-at-3-a-m/?utm_term=.1f981d652c05

Assuming the witness observation is accurate; we could estimate 30 mins to a dump site (Max), 5-15 mins concealing/burying the body, 30 mins returning home.

This places the dump site at a radius of 30 miles from the crime scene (the residence).

If we knew WHO he works for in IT, and WHERE his office is; possible dump sites could be examined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As another poster explained, children learning a new language often have a 'silent' period.

Also, India is a vast & diverse nation. Possibly Mom spoke the language used in Sherin's area of birth, the language she heard in fancy & toddlerhood while Dad did not.

Extra frustrating for Dad...not that I excuse his choices.

Remember the movie Lion. The child Saroo reached the capital of his nation by accident -- and the employees of the train station didn't understand him!

Waiting for your return, little cutie Sherin!

:seeya:

Assuming the witness observation is accurate; we could estimate 30 mins to a dump site (Max), 5-15 mins concealing/burying the body, 30 mins returning home.

This places the dump site at a radius of 30 miles from the crime scene (the residence).

If we knew WHO he works for in IT, and WHERE his office is; possible dump sites could be examined.

I believe the timeframe 4-5am may have come from a neighbor's surveillance camera that saw a SUV "whizz" by during that time frame (see post upthread).

Also upthread was a news article (one interviewing his parents) stating he worked for Citicorp. Another poster volunteered Citicorp in Irving--but no confirmation of that, yet. But if not, there are numerous offices around the country (including NYC) that he might have been involved with.

In my personal opinion he was involved in private investing, whether or not he worked in a particular, local branch of Citicorp.

I've been looking over the satellite map of the location in and around 900 Sunningdale, and my eye keeps coming back to an wooded area in and around,

9500 Walnut St
Dallas, TX 75243

I plotted the direction on the GPS, and it gives me a drive time of 10 minutes.

I got the overwhelming sense last night that with her being so small he could have easily concealed her in a piece of luggage before leaving the house. If 3:00-3:15am was the time of the incident,and the vehicle didn't leave the house until 4am, thats 45 minutes to conceal her in a duffel bag or suitcase, along with some weights or something else heavy. Then, especially if he was driving quickly(whizzing), he could drive east down Buckingham, get to Lake Ray Hubbard, either the hwy 66 or more likely the miller rd bridge(very dark and deserted at night), quickly pull over toss the bag over the side of the bridge and whiz back home within an hour. No need to stop for supplies at the store that way and I don't think it would take more than 60 seconds to pull over, toss the bag, then get back on the road and head straight home. Then he still has from 5am-8am, to clean up any mess and concoct his story before calling 911. Google maps shows it would take 26 minutes to get to either of those bridges from the neighborhood and if he was speeding you could shave off a couple of minutes.

So, theoretically; 15 mins drive time, 10 mins to find the right spot, 20 mins to conceal/bury the body, 15 mins to return home driving the speed limit.

I'd much rather have a route he drives on a regular basis to compare with.

Assuming he didn't just dump the body in a garbage dumpster; just looking at the map with no other information, I would suspect the most rural/wooded area within a time frame associated to the evidence/witness statements.

"9500 Walnut", is ONE possible location out of MANY, MANY possible locations.

I got the overwhelming sense last night that with her being so small he could have easily concealed her in a piece of luggage before leaving the house. If 3:00-3:15am was the time of the incident,and the vehicle didn't leave the house until 4am, thats 45 minutes to conceal her in a duffel bag or suitcase, along with some weights or something else heavy. Then, especially if he was driving quickly(whizzing), he could drive east down Buckingham, get to Lake Ray Hubbard, either the hwy 66 or more likely the miller rd bridge(very dark and deserted at night), quickly pull over toss the bag over the side of the bridge and whiz back home within an hour. No need to stop for supplies at the store that way and I don't think it would take more than 60 seconds to pull over, toss the bag, then get back on the road and head straight home. Then he still has from 5am-8am, to clean up any mess and concoct his story before calling 911. Google maps shows it would take 26 minutes to get to either of those bridges from the neighborhood and if he was speeding you could shave off a couple of minutes.

EXCELLENT theory!! A very realistic and accessible possibility! Unfortunately, this is tough to search for without SCUBA gear. Maybe someone who has SCUBA gear and/or experience could see if they can check it out.

I believe the timeframe 4-5am may have come from a neighbor's surveillance camera that saw a SUV "whizz" by during that time frame (see post upthread).

Also upthread was a news article (one interviewing his parents) stating he worked for Citicorp. Another poster volunteered Citicorp in Irving--but no confirmation of that, yet. But if not, there are numerous offices around the country (including NYC) that he might have been involved with.

In my personal opinion he was involved in private investing, whether or not he worked in a particular, local branch of Citicorp.

Thank you so much for clarifying these details. I must have missed them, my fault for not researching more thoroughly :-(

I really think in this case the lakes nearby need to be searched. The house may not yield much bc numerous church members have been in and out. I have friends who are in the church who went over for support.

Thank you so much for clarifying these details. I must have missed them, my fault for not researching more thoroughly :-(

No problem, and hope I didn't offend. (The device I'm using this morning requires short answers, or the whole response suddenly evaporates and I have to start over again. Lol, probably not a bad thing in my case, in the long run.)

It's very difficult to keep up with the active threads in here, so we keep each other current with updates and reminders in the posts. Not a problem in the least.

Also, TXDOT has traffic cameras along the major hwys that take pictures every few minutes, I'm sure TXDOT stores those snapshots somewhere, so I don't think he would have gotten on any of them without police knowing by now. NTTA has full video cameras, so I don't think he got on the tollway either.

Oh my god, I just looked at the area in and around "Lake Ray Hubbard", that lake is HUGE. You would need a team of divers for a week to search just the area near the bridge lol!

However, that lake needs to be searched. But, WITHOUT a confirmed lead, LE agencies are VERY reluctant to pay for man hours searching large areas such as this.

This may take awhile to locate her, ugh. Very disheartening.

I've been looking over the satellite map of the location in and around 900 Sunningdale, and my eye keeps coming back to an wooded area in and around,

9500 Walnut St
Dallas, TX 75243

I plotted the direction on the GPS, and it gives me a drive time of 10 minutes.

Ten minutes at the most. That's right by Richland College. This whole part of Dallas/Richardson has a fair amount of creek-fed wooded patches due to the proximity of White Rock Lake. I do wish they'd organize searches--even if LE think she may be deceased.

Oh my god, I just looked at the area in and around "Lake Ray Hubbard", that lake is HUGE.

Yes it is, back in 2011 we had a pretty bad drought, the lakes in the area got scary low and they found a car at the bottom of a heavily used boat ramp off LRH in Rowlett with skeletal remains inside, it had possibly been there for years. And that was a busy section of the lake.

I think within 10 minute drive. Creeks or wooded area. Again, I think this was done in haste and I think he was just trying to put her somewhere outside the house. Places close to there church or park they may have frequented possibly? Not sure if church has been identified. Maybe near a nearby church.
For some reason I'm not feeling dumpster just because I feel that there is guilt associated and that would be too cruel. ( to his wife especially).

If he took the fastest route, I-635 (LBJ) to I-30, it'd be about 16-17 miles and a 20-25 minute drive. Closer/faster than I'd thought...it's a sad possibility.

ETA: oh, you're saying TXDOT has cameras on LBJ and I-30? Did not know that. Makes sense, of course. So...going by a backroad route would be a bit more challenging, timewise, maybe.

Unless I am looking at the address wrong(900 block of Sunningdale), they are pretty close to me, I am just barely on the Garland side, in between Buckingham and Beltine rd. He wouldn't need to get on a major hwy to get to LRH. Going down to 635 then to 30, would take longer than just taking Buckingham east, it turns into Country Club Rd, then a left turn puts him on 66, he could stay on 66 or go down Rowlett rd, then turn onto Miller rd. At 4am there would be no traffic. Its less than 12 miles.

attachment.php

Attachments

• drvie.jpg
    drvie.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 386
OMG. He was punishing her for "not eating her meal" riiiiight. At 3 am while Mommy was sleeping. Ewwwww eewwwwwwwww. Good Lord what was he doing to that poor little angel?

Also, TXDOT has traffic cameras along the major hwys that take pictures every few minutes, I'm sure TXDOT stores those snapshots somewhere, so I don't think he would have gotten on any of them without police knowing by now. NTTA has full video cameras, so I don't think he got on the tollway either.

When LE put out the public request for video footage, they remarked that traffic cams would be of no help because they run on a live feed.

IIRC most highway cams are set to really only pick up license plates with alerts (stolen, amber alert, etc.) on them in real time.

Unless I am looking at the address wrong(900 block of Sunningdale), they are pretty close to me, I am just barely on the Garland side, in between Buckingham and Beltine rd. He wouldn't need to get on a major hwy to get to LRH. Going down to 635 then to 30, would take longer than just taking Buckingham east, it turns into Country Club Rd, then a left turn puts him on 66, he could stay on 66 or go down Rowlett rd, then turn onto Miller rd. At 4am there would be no traffic. Its less than 12 miles.

Yeah, that's why I just deleted the post...I was confusing things more. I agree, if he went to Lake Ray Hubbard, he'd have been wise to avoid major roads. And it's a possibility. But...I'm also wondering, with the abundance of closer, wooded creek areas with no shortage of culverts and hiding places, if he'd be more likely to stay closer to home.

If this wasn't a meet-up and hand-off with someone (not sure yet), then I agree with poster(s) who've said she may have been left at a place somewhat familiar to him, but one not so familiar that it'd be the first place LE would look. That's why I wanted to check the park/creek area close to the hospital yesterday. (Though I can't be certain she was actually taken to that hospital, of course.)

While I believe there is a strong possibility that WM had contacts within Citicorp and might have even worked for them (employee or contract work), I am not convinced yet that WM *had* a 'regular route to work' each day, so that's not a search area as high on my list, personally. (I am leaning toward the idea that he did much if not all of his work from home, via computer.) JMO.

Exactly. I would rake him over the coals. Even if what he says is true about leaving her out by a tree, at 3:00. ( which is a load of manuere).I would be livid. I wouldn't even bother packing my stuff, I would just ghost him, and leave him to deal with the cops. So it makes zero sense for her to not speak to the investigators, and then get a lawyer for herself.
This little baby girl is/ was so helpless, and dependant upon two people, and two people only. She is the victim here, she deserves better than stonewalling the investigation.

Families and trauma are both complex. It can be very difficult to accept that one's loved one has harmed one's child. Eveln more difficult to act on that acceptance. We are wired to go to a lot of coulda/shoulda/wouldas in the face of tragedy--what if I didn't ... Even if those things make little sense.

Easy for us to look in from the outside and prescribe actions that someone should take. We need to remember that regardless of how anything transpired, this family has been traumatized. Denial is a human protection against pain. And it is incredibly powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member