Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a post by nbcdfw.com from 10/14/17 that says police have been to a neighbor’s house 5 times. They asked the neighbor not to say what they’ve seen on his video surveillance system. Other video evidence has been turned over and the police are going through it. I read the search radius is now 15 miles.

I watched the video the news says 15-20 mile radius.
Doesn’t say anything about the neighbor. Maybe it is a different video than this one.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ve...isappearance-Richardson-Police-450693353.html

Do you remember which story it was? I’ll keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a random piece of info....Most homes in Texas for whatever reason, especially in that area, this home included, the front of the house is not where the garage is. The garage is behind the home, and that is where the garage opens into an alley and all the neighbors backyards and alleys face each other. Just how they do it there. They have alleys behind their houses.

If you watch this video of the house you will notice you dont see the garage because they are in front of the house. Dont know if this is helpful but thought Id share. When I moved to Texas it was one of those things I wasnt used to.
You do see the garage right away in the video at the 6-9 second mark when they show the back of the house.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If that house is 2 story, they are basically all built the same. Master suite downstairs, all other bedrooms upstairs.
It's not a 2 story. It's a one story 3/2 with 2300-2400 square feet. However many houses like that do separate the master from the rest of the bedrooms. We just don't have a layout. It was sold in 2007 (all information from Howard county GIS using property address).

Unless that house was built different than the rest of the neighborhood, the walls are so thin. You can hear everything, even with a fan on your nightstand. I would think they may have a baby monitor as well, if Sherin was developmentally delayed. I'm not sure if she is, but I would assume if someone woke her up to give her a nutritional drink, they'd care to have some kind of monitor. Pure assumption on my end, of course.
I've known several nurses, and those who do shift work often learn to sleep through anything at any time of day, often using background noise makers to help.

My husband is in another field but does shift work, and on certain days he sleeps in a different room so that we are not woken by each other's alarms.

I don't know that she does shift work but it's a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder how far the church they attend is from their home? Wonder if there have been any searches done around where the church is for Sherin? Seeing as the father would be familiar with that area.

Here it is! The video of the gentleman/neighbor who had authorities visit him 5x about his footage.

https://youtu.be/wEUg3u1wAzU
1:35 min mark

(Had to repost this. Tried to make an edit/spelling correction and somehow deleted my entire post again)

I seem to remember another video where the person says they were asked not to reveal what was on their footage. I will keep digging. I remember seeing it but don't remember if it was the same gentleman as the video I just reposted or another gentleman.

Makes me ill just thinking about it. Otherwise why tell that house not to say a thing about what they witnessed?

I don't think it's odd that LE is asking the neighbor to be quiet about the video. It is evidence and will be presented in the court (should someone be charged). LE wants to remain in control of the investigation and keep info closely held. I understand that (even though I want to know what's on the tape!). Asking the neighbor to be quiet doesn't give us any clues about what's on the tape - it could simply be a car driving by.

We don't know yet what is on that tape, but I bet eventually we will.

jmopinion

I don't think it's odd that LE is asking the neighbor to be quiet about the video. It is evidence and will be presented in the court (should someone be charged). LE wants to remain in control of the investigation and keep info closely held. I understand that (even though I want to know what's on the tape!). Asking the neighbor to be quiet doesn't give us any clues about what's on the tape - it could simply be a car driving by.

We don't know yet what is on that tape, but I bet eventually we will.

jmopinion

As we have already been told they are looking for tape showing that SUV driving to or from that house, I think that the way they worded it, that they asked that specific neighbour to not reveal what was recorded on his tape, makes it sound a little more than just the car driving by. I agree that it might just be the car but I think that's why it's made everyone edgy. Or that's at least why it's made me edgy anyway.

Wo. I just looked up out my office window and saw a maroon Acura parked right outside. Obviously means nothing but everywhere I look I think of Sherin and this case.

Would the pedestrian bridge area, off of E. Mockingbird Ln, be patrolled that well at 4-5 a.m.? Or would it be possible, at that same time of day, to stop very briefly on Mockingbird, where it crosses White Rock Lake, to drop something over the edge? I was thinking about it being early on the 7th, a Saturday morning, so traffic would probably be lighter.

Hi rsd, the park's official hours are from 5am to midnight, so it would be less trafficked between 4:15-4:45 (time he'd likely make the drop). While I've been to this park more than once, I've never been on that pedestrian bridge, and it's been awhile since I've driven across the northern tip on E Mockingbird. Judging by the google map, it looks like it'd be feasible to drop something from either bridge, but I can't say for sure how likely that might be. Because they've had problems with breaking and entering cars in the parking lots, they *may* have security cams installed by now, too--but again, I don't know for sure.

Wo. I just looked up out my office window and saw a maroon Acura parked right outside. Obviously means nothing but everywhere I look I think of Sherin and this case.
Checking in today to see if there is any word on this baby! The Father was arrested for child endangerment, am I correct and they have not tied him or anyone else to her disappearance yet? Sending prayers for her safety.

Checking in today to see if there is any word on this baby! The Father was arrested for child endangerment, am I correct and they have not tied him or anyone else to her disappearance yet? Sending prayers for her safety.

Not yet. But I'm confident time will tell.

It does. It leaves me, and I'm sure everyone here, with a lot of questions.

I wonder if Sherin can be seen on that video.
It's pretty standard for le to ask witnesses not to reveal what they know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Makes me ill just thinking about it. Otherwise why tell that house not to say a thing about what they witnessed?
That's what they tell every witness, usually, in my experience.

It's pretty standard for le to ask witnesses not to reveal what they know.

I know. I think, as I said in a earlier post, it was just the way it was worded that made me feel it was something more than just the car in that recording. I think I'm just a bag of nerves on this one!

You do see the garage right away in the video at the 6-9 second mark when they show the back of the house.

Yep. Just trying to picture the layout of where the garage is for others since its normally in the front :)

It's not a 2 story. It's a one story 3/2 with 2300-2400 square feet. However many houses like that do separate the master from the rest of the bedrooms. We just don't have a layout. It was sold in 2007 (all information from Howard county GIS using property address).

Well if its only one floor then it would be much easier to hear whatever is happening.

On twitter someone who knows the family is posting old pics of her before her adoption.

I just can't imagine what the father in this case was thinking to place Sherin in an alley at 3am.? It definitely sounds like something else probably happened that is being covered up IMO. I don't think this will end well unless he handed Sherin off to someone else and she is okay somewhere, which is doubtful. A little girl that age doesn't just disappear and nowhere to be found unless something nefarious happened to her. Too many of these missing child cases where people seem to get away with whatever they have done to the poor little ones that are missing. It's just horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member