Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Nolte and Greg Gibbs are partners. I was a juror on a murder trial a few years back and they were the defending attorneys.

Yes they cover quite an array of different cases according to their website.
Gibbs actually handles matters of Family Law
(quote)
Family Law Attorney’s at Gibbs, Nolte, Robison, Rose PLLC

Sydney L. Robison
Mark D. Ledbetter
Gregg Gibbs
http://www.mckinneylaw.com/family-law/

I think it's very obvious now why Kent Starr is no longer Mrs Mathews attorney.

With both Mr and Mrs. Mathews attorneys being from the same firm, there is no way that one can make a statement to police without the other attorney knowing exactly what was said. This isn't going to be the possibly "pointing fingers" at one another /opposing sides I thought maybe have been possible before. This is a United front. Her story of being asleep is likely never going to change, and it is likely that Wesley's stories are always going to support that.

My guess is that the main point of the latest statement/interview by Wesley wasn't to give a "true account" of what happened (even if this latest story IS indeed true) but rather the point being to reiterate/confirm again that she was asleep.

I keep seeing this "WM might be taking the blame"....and I just find that so hard to believe. Are there any cases like that between spouses and the murder of a child? It just seems far fetched. My hubby loves me, would undoubtedly put his life down for mine, but taking the fall for causing a child's death? Not in a million years could I see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same over here. His back would turn on me immediately, not take a life sentence for me.

I don't think it was a cup And I don't think it was milk. He admitted that she choked, because the body might show evidence she choked. So he had to make up an excuse for why she choked. But in my opinion, he put something else down her throat in that garage. People drink milk in kitchens. People take three-year-olds into the garage at 3 AM to do horrible things.
My heart just broke in half at the thought. I sincerely hope this is not what really happened.

I think an adult forced her to drink until she choked, and that adult didn't take it seriously until it was too late. This leads me to believe this had done this before, possibly routinely. Maybe the adult forced her to drink milk in the garage because it was easier to clean up, like when she had previously choked and spewed, or threw up. That adult sounds like a bad person.

I keep seeing this "WM might be taking the blame"....and I just find that so hard to believe. Are there any cases like that between spouses and the murder of a child? It just seems far fetched. My hubby loves me, would undoubtedly put his life down for mine, but taking the fall for causing a child's death? Not in a million years could I see that happening.

I don't know if I've ever seen it IRL, but I've definitely seen it on tv. I do know that with some crime shows the writers will use real cases to base their stories on, so I imagine that it has happened before. It also depends on how much they valued their adopted daughter compared to their biological one. The scenario would be that rather than both going to prison over a crime they both took part in, one of them takes the blame to ensure that their biological daughter doesn't lose both of her parents.

You guys are killing me with the citizenship posts lol :scared:

With SM not talking to the police, I could understand if she was upset at them taking the 4 y/o and not wanting to talk at first, when WM's story was that Sherin had just disappeared. However, after hearing that your husband, at the very least, let your other child die, I would think with the help of her attorney and with 2+ weeks of time to think about things, she(IMO) should understand now that removing the 4 y/o was for the 4 y/o's safety and that she and/or her attorney would be making plans to now speak with the police about the night Sherin died.

I just can't see the attorney thinking it was good idea to reiterate that she isn't going to be speaking with/cooperating with the police if she's told the attorney that she really was sleeping and knows absolutely nothing about what happened. I would think in that case he would have said something along the lines of "my client is grieving at the moment, however we are making plans to meet with LE and give them an official statement". The whole "my client is not speaking with the police" statements baffle me. Especially when they should be doing everything possible to ensure that the judge over the custody case with the 4 y/o feels its safe for her to return to her mother.

Im with you!

Here is my guess about what happened...Sherin woke in the middle of the night. Her father got up to assist her. I do believe they gave her "milk" when she awoke. I think Sherin might have started to tantrum. When my children would tantrum, I would walk into another room because a tantrum is no fun if the child doesn't have an audience. Similarly, maybe he put her in the garage to finish her tantrum. She could come in when she finished her milk. I think Sherin continued to tantrum. Dad got more and more angry because a 3 y/o having a tantrum can do that to you, especially at 3 am when you have to work the next day and need sleep. He decided to take matters into his own hands and make her drink her milk. Things went too far (whether she choked or something else) and she died.

Have we ever heard why CPS had contact with this family previous to Sherin's death?

I have a feeling that if we knew about that we'd have a much better understanding of what was going on in that house.

Mom is in a bad spot. One way or the other, she's in tough. Not defending and not accusing. A choice has to be made here, and sooner or later, she has to make it.

We aren't even close to knowing what really happened that night. Unbelievable spun accounts that smell of deception, a wife and mother that apparently is not co-operating with LE, a young child in Foster Care and another dead.

Such a sad and devastating case.

MOO

Agree that there is an ocean of existing information that we are not privy to. And that the things we do know do not look good.

I just want to point out that CPS has fairly broad authority to protect children. IOW, they didn't need to wait for a conviction to move the older child out of the home. It was sufficient that Dad said he put Sherin in danger (3 AM out of supervision, outdoors) and that Mom didn't/couldn't prevent that from happening. And, while a child abuse conviction is certainly going to keep a kid away from at least that parent, it is not a requirement.

I followed an Arkansas case on here that had made a lot of headlines. Many family "supporters" made a big deal out of the fact that there was never a child abuse conviction. In that case there was a likelihood of abuse and a certainty of some risks/dangers in the household, but the evidence of abuse was based on verbal accounts after a good deal of time had elapsed. Not enough for a conviction. But, in family court, that is not necessarily how decisions are made. CPS is tasked with looking at the family environment more broadly to come up with an assessment of how likely it is that harm may come to a child.

So--I have few worries about the older child at this time. And I don't foresee any likelihood of imminent return. That doesn't mean never, however, just that these things move slowly, and in part for good reason. Personally I am glad that Mom has been granted weekly visits (and I am certain that they are supervised) for two reasons. One is because that child needs to know that her Mom still loves her. The other is that supervision also serves to provide data about how the two interact. I am also hoping that CPS is able to approve a move to more familiar surroundings--because this may help to minimize her sense of loss.

Maybe if he even looked sad in his mugshot... but he is so straight faced. No emotion, no sadness seen, no puffy eyes.... You would be able to see the hot mess in me if anything happened to one of my children.....

Ya know didn't someone here post her THEORY that he probably forced the milk down her little throat? this was just before he came out and said all his.... I know someone said this...
maybe he read it here~!

I think several of us have leaned that way. Primarily based on his inclusion of the drinking milk detail in his first account.

I also think that the tree figures in somehow. Either he put her (body) there hoping that coyotes would destroy any evidence of wrong-doing, or he set out to bury her (body) there and thought better of it and drove her away instead.

I think several of us have leaned that way. Primarily based on his inclusion of the drinking milk detail in his first account.

I also think that the tree figures in somehow. Either he put her (body) there hoping that coyotes would destroy any evidence of wrong-doing, or he set out to bury her (body) there and thought better of it and drove her away instead.

The tree does factor in. He put her in the culvert next to the trees

Assuming she slept through the entire incident,

Assuming she did not help try to cover up what happened to Sherin, and

Assuming she never saw or recognized evidence of abuse previously,

WHY would she not speak to LE?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am thinking that her attorney has to help weigh the risk of self-incrimination against any personal gain from sitting down with LE. Even if every answer is "on the advice of my attorney I refuse to answer on the grounds of potential self-incrimination," they can be watching her for reactions, etc. And, of course, nothing that she can tell them will bring Sherin back.

Wow....:( That poor child :(.

Do they have family in the area? Grandparents? Aunts and uncles?

I believe the reporter said CPS is working to get her with family in another county or something.

Exactly. He is very passive in his stories. She didn't return home. She didn't drink her milk. She wouldn't listen to me. She wasn't breathing.

Not to defend the man, but I just want to point out that what we know is filtered through the rather dispassionate reporting of LE.

So, yeah, clearly he didn't admit to pouring it in her mouth and holding her mouth and nose to force her to swallow. But, the information may have been far less glib than it appears. As in, "and then she agreed to drink it but she choked." "Did you 'help' her in any way?" "Well, I held the cup for her, and tipped it into her mouth." "Is that all you did?" "I think so. I mean, that's all I remember, maybe I tipped it too fast, because then she started to cough."

IOW, more like pulling teeth than him presenting something neatly crafted.

Unless he felt differently because it was Sherin & not bio child?
CPS has already been involved with family,maybe (& this is just me trying to make any bit of sense of this all in my head) cPS could have been previously been called for an accusation against SM,& she’s convinced WM to stick by her/cover for her or risk losing bio child to CPS.
I agree,normally this wouldn’t even be considered & is a bit out there but just thinking of all possibilities. ALL MY OPINION.

There’s just nothing straightforward about this case at all that my mind wonders to different possibilities while trying to make any sense I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson