Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An article was posted on this thread that told the exact regions each was from. We had a rather long discussion about Asia at the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I guess that's my point, for all we know she moved to America as a baby and only speaks English now. I don't believe there's confirmation either way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How far in the culvert was Sherin found? I actually don't think she was in there very far at all. I did read an article where it stated LE searched around that area initially, but if it wasn't for the time that had elapsed since then, and the K9 recently picking up the scent of decomp. then maybe she wouldn't have been found when she was either. The dog handler said he wasn't going toward the culvert but let the dog take the lead when she was alerting to go to that area.
And i think it was the FBI recovery team that was able to recover Sherin from the culvert without too much difficulty or i think maybe it would of been stated it was a very difficult task to get her out of the culvert? All IMO.
I think all we got was a vague statement like, "she was a ways in," or something of that nature. With the length of that culvert, it could mean anything.

OK here's a thought. Among nagging questions. One of the pieces of evidence removed from the Acura was something like the sliding sunroof cover. I can picture what that is, but wouldn't have thought it was removable and certainly couldn't figure out why it might be important as evidence. but suppose it could easily be snapped out, it might be about the the right size to serve as sort of a sled, or spatula to slide a body far enough into the culvert to not be noticed, and then slide back out again.

What say you all?

I have an Acura MDX at my disposal.. Ill check it out . I work in a body shop and I’m also going to ask a tech about it.

However I am leaning more towards something more nefarious.. he put the baby’s head through the sunroof and closed it around her neck to restrain her. You can clean the glass easily but not the cover.

Here’s photos of the slider cover, it is not easily taken out by a layman and makes no sense to use it as a pushing tool.
a894125e1cdf3386302a215ad84fbaed.jpg

c0d634e28d8a766ec2043b6ae0688176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. But I'm unclear why you think this is fiction or that it matters much regarding WM calling the orphanage. For me, it doesn't really change anything because whether he was excited or not about adopting Sherin initially (and I think he was, by the looks of the adoption video), it doesn't really change my view of what happened in the end. Many people are excited about having children, and then it ends up being harder than they ever imagined.

Maybe there is some other way you are viewing this, as it ties into the case, than I am.

I think that from it being stated that it was only WM that talked to Sherin on the phone before her migration to America, people have been alluding to her adoptive mother SM perhaps not being too thrilled about receiving the little girl into her care, or even wanting to care for her as WM was perhaps her primary caregiver? In trying to paint a picture of why Sherin possibly came to such a tragic ending.

I thought only dad spoke it. He was the one who called to speak to Sherin in India.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There are lots of different languages in India. Coming from Kerala I imagine that the mother spoke Malayalam whereas the father must have also spoken Hindi, Bihari or Hindi Bihari to communicate with Sherin initially.

I have an Acura MDX at my disposal.. Ill check it out . I work in a body shop and I’m also going to ask a tech about it.

However I am leaning more towards something more nefarious.. he put the baby’s head through the sunroof and closed it around her neck to restrain her. You can clean the glass easily but not the cover.

Here’s photos of the slider cover, it is not easily taken out by a layman and makes no sense to use it as a pushing tool.
a894125e1cdf3386302a215ad84fbaed.jpg

c0d634e28d8a766ec2043b6ae0688176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought there was something splattered on the cover - like ensure.

To slide a little 3 year old child into a culvert on a board or something similar you would have to get enough momentum into a narrow area to get the object with said child on top of it into the culvert to any depth. And the board or whatever would have to be tethered to a rope and then flip the child off of it and then pull the board back out, IMO.

I guess that's my point, for all we know she moved to America as a baby and only speaks English now. I don't believe there's confirmation either way.

I misspoke, then. There is a post saying where each was from. This was likely brought up to explain why WM knew a language that SM did not know. I have no idea where she "grew up," and it's subjective anyway in terms of how long you need to spend part of your childhood (and what period of that childhood) somewhere in order to say you've "grown up there."

But I'm not sure what that has to do with my explanation of why he spoke a language she did not speak, which was what the original question was about, I believe.

Is that really that common? I've just never known anyone who lived somewhere that the HOA took care of yard work except for condo situations. I'm sure this happens, but I still wonder how common it is.

Where we live the H.O.A has rules about grass height and general yard tidiness but it is up to the individual home owner to do their own yard maintenance or to employ a gardening service.

I think that from it being stated that it was only WM that talked to Sherin on the phone before her migration to America, people have been alluding to her adoptive mother SM perhaps not being too thrilled about receiving the little girl into her care, or even wanting to care for her as WM was perhaps her primary caregiver? In trying to paint a picture of why Sherin possibly came to such a tragic ending.
Which is why we discussed the fact that he spoke her language and Sini apparently did not. It explains that. So there's little to be gleaned from the fact that she did not ask to speak to Sherin on the phone. Although, one could argue that a "conversation" with one so young could also be more about the child getting used to hearing your voice. I mean, I had "conversations" with nieces and nephews over the phone when they were too young to understand or speak.

Which is why we discussed the fact that he spoke her language and Sini apparently did not. It explains that. So there's little to be gleaned from the fact that she did not ask to speak to Sherin on the phone. Although, one could argue that a "conversation" with one so young could also be more about the child getting used to hearing your voice. I mean, I had "conversations" with nieces and nephews over the phone when they were too young to understand or speak.

Yes i understand that, but my initial question was about where the info. about SM not talking to Sherin at all on the phone came from, and was it a reliable source?

You quoted my post where i was talking about the adoptive parents might not have grown up in India. I wasn't talking about Sherin.

My post was MSM confirmation that the parents came from Kerala.

Yes i understand that, but my initial question was about where the info. about SM not talking to Sherin at all on the phone came from, and was it a reliable source?
I'm not sure if this is the only source but the way I read this implies that he may have initiated the call but both spoke to her.

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...n-mathews-the-child-had-no-problems/485815072

During a conversation with WFAA, Kumari said the Mathews couple appeared "loving." Before they were united, she said Wesley called often for updates and even "requested me to put a phone up to Sherin's ear." Kumari elaborated that this was so that Sherin could hear their voice over the phone.

And http://time.com/5000488/sherin-mathews-found-dead/

Kumari said the Mathews’ raised no red flags at the orphanage when they adopted Sherin. After their first visit to see the girl, they called regularly from the United States.

“They wanted to hear her voice over the phone. They seemed to love her. The follow up reports from America were also good.”

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Did that neighborhood not have an HOA that handed "yard work".
Sure seems like it would!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Even then usually the fenced in back yard thats private wouldn't generally be maintained would it? But, I think it was Omair, in one video showed that the front hadn't been mowed or maintained since Sherin had gone missing and the neighbours was cut, so it was looking quite shaggy in front and if you are paying HOA whether they like you or not, they can't deny you the services...

My post was MSM confirmation that the parents came from Kerala.

Okay, so they were both from Kerala, so they would in that case speak the same language then i would imagine?
WM & SM could have been both born in India and at some stage their parents could of migrated to the United States where they both grew up? That would still mean they were from Kerala but became American citizens if that were the case. But i don't think we know exactly when either of them came to live and work in America?

Okay, so they were both from Kerala, so they would in that case speak the same language then i would imagine?
WM & SM could have been both born in India and at some stage their parents could of migrated to the United States where they both grew up? That would still mean they were from Kerala but became American citizens if that were the case. But i don't think we know exactly when either of them came to live and work in America?
Perhaps this person remembers where s/he got more detailed information.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13720762

They have been quoted as a Kerala-American couple who adopted Sherin. It has also been said that WM was from Qatar and Sini from UAE.

"[FONT=&amp]The nationality by birth of the father, Wesley Mathews, is Qatari and that of the mother, Sini Mathews, is UAE. They are both US citizens."

[/FONT]
https://www.outlookindia.com/newssc...-adjusting-well-but-had-eating-issues/1175180

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member