TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this article from 2016 re criteria FBI

FBI rewards at discretion of field office

By Alex Jacks
Email the author
Published 6:38 pm Saturday, March 19, 2016

The FBI offers rewards in some cases, including the recent murder of an 85-year-old in Jackson. But the agency hasn’t offered a reward to help solve one of Brookhaven’s violent crimes — the murder of Bridget London Hall.

Hall, 43, was shot multiple times at close range in her home on Vivian Merritt Street on July 6. So why have other cases prompted the FBI to offer a reward when this one hasn’t?

According to Jackson FBI Supervisory Special Agent Jason Pack, the special agent or field office over a case determines whether a reward amount should be requested. “The decision regarding the existence of a reward is also at the discretion of the investigator,” Pack said. “Each case is evaluated on its own set of facts and circumstances. The key factor is that the agent and management believe that the publicity generated by the reward will result in intelligence and new leads.” more at link http://www.dailyleader.com/2016/03/19/fbi-rewards-at-discretion-of-field-office/

:silly: Being a Criminal Minds (show) lover! I so want Hotch and the group to show up. Dr Spencer Reid and Baby Girl Garcia, could have it solved in no time. "Its time to present the Profile...." I want to hear those words!!!! But in the real world :

The BAU receives requests for services from federal, state, local, and international law enforcement agencies. Responses to these requests for BAU assistance are facilitated through the network of field NCAVC coordinators. BAU services can consist of on-site case consultations, telephone conference calls, and/or consultations held at the BAU with case investigators.

BAU assistance to law enforcement agencies is provided through the process of "criminal investigative analysis". Criminal investigative analysis is a process of reviewing crimes from both a behavioral and investigative perspective. It involves reviewing and assessing the facts of a criminal act, interpreting offender behavior, and interaction with the victim, as exhibited during the commission of the crime, or as displayed in the crime scene. BAU staff conduct detailed analyses of crimes for the purpose of providing two or more of the following services: crime analysis, investigative suggestions, profiles of unknown offenders, threat analysis, critical incident analysis, interview strategies, major case management, search warrant assistance, prosecutive and trial strategies, and expert testimony.[6] In addition to the above services, the BAU staff produced the Child Abduction Response Plan to assist investigators faced with these investigations. Recently, the BAU released "The School Shooter: A Threat Assessment Perspective" report to guide school administrators, teachers, parents, and law enforcement in identifying and evaluating threats in schools. The BAU maintains a reference file for experts in various forensic disciplines such as odontology, anthropology, entomology, or pathology.[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_Analysis_Unit

In my 30+ years of life...I never knew murder was justified? Regardless of what choices one deems poor in another persons life, it's never ok. I own it, I can be judgmental too at times and then I'm reminded to take the plank out of my own eye before I look at the speck in someone else's. Regardless of motive, past behaviors, etc...murder is NEVER ok and NEVER deserved. JMO

ETA: Not justifying behaviors I disagree with, but that's not my business. This is in response to the post that will probably be deleted above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The primary goal of criminal investigative analysis is to examine all of the behavioral information and provide advice to the requesting agency, rather than become involved in the actual investigative process. Occasionally a criminal investigative analyst or team will go out to the field and assist in the process or testify, but the investigation is left for the law enforcement agency that requested the assistance. The FBI does not come in and take over the case; rather, assistance is provided to an agency in its investigation.

If a homicide or other violent crime occurs, and your agency has exhausted all investigative leads, you may think it wise to seek behavioral analysis assistance. But, do you know what kind of help would prove most beneficial?

Often, the initial thought is to request a behavioral profile of the unknown offender. But, perhaps, a service other than a list of traits and characteristics of your likely offender would be most valuable. What may help the investigation more is a list of strategies to help narrow down your suspect pool, followed by possible search warrant affidavit assistance. Then, once you have a likely suspect, following up with the criminal investigative analyst for interview strategies would be most helpful. Later, if the case goes to court, a range of behavioral investigative strategies (e.g., jury selection advice, prosecutorial trial strategies, case presentation, or expert testimony) may assist with a successful prosecution. https://leb.fbi.gov/2014/june/crimi...is-practicioner-perspectives-part-one-of-four

It's always REALLY bothered me that this happened when BB was out of town.
Because it sounds like he's not regularly out of town and it's a big deal "once a year" type thing when he is.

Please correct me if that is incorrect.

My impression of him from TV after the incident is that he is decent. A good guy with proper values.
My impression of his extended family- sister, dad etc are that they are decent and have a strong value system.
Also just impressions from brief TV / news glimpses etc.

My first impression of the VERY overtly and obvious absence of B.B. on that fateful morning was the possibility of contracting this - but my heart and gut tell me that's WAY off base.
Speculation on this thread by WS contributors is that there would have been much easier ways to do her in if contracted.

Maybe I'm giving him way too much credit because there is apparently evidence of infidelities that ran both ways. But I don't think he's the greater philanderer.

Men are usually not as complicated as the ladies are. The good ones want to hold on to their marriages. Some will do almost anything to save a marriage even if they have been cuckolded/ cheated on etc.

I'm speaking from a situation of a close friend when I affirm that men sometimes "marry down" and when a woman years later gets very involved in "the fitness craze" there can be a narcissistic emphasis put on "hard bodies" and cuddling up to them. It's a strange scene and a decadent one with regards to the overlooking of marriage vows on both sides.

Please forgive this complete IMHO speculation as I do not wish to throw salt in anyone's wounds or to speak ugly about MB who cannot defend herself or her reputation.

I'm simply speculating as this case is weighing on my heart and brain and I'm sad there hasn't been justice for Missy.
There needs to be.

Is there a secretary or anyone from BBs work who has had a deep unrequited crush on him?

Is the killer someone deeply in love with BB or so deeply devoted to him that they planned this at a time when he would be 101% RULED OUT as a suspect?

Is there ANYONE who truly adored him from near or far and wanted MB out of the picture?

It's very hard for me to look at BBs absence as COMPLETE COINCIDENCE. But truth is often stranger than fiction.

Some of you may be on the right track with the wife of one of MBs "hard bodies." This seems plausible.
Maybe the culprit empathized with BB but had their own very personal motivation for their act.

Have investigators looked at
1) any woman seriously devoted to BB?
2) any possible "masculine" woman who herself was in love with MB and jilted?
3) any "small town" police department/ swat connections in Waxahachie/ Maypearl & all surrounding little towns?
Access to the clothing in the video? Is the police jacket "LEGIT" in any surrounding small town?

*last thoughts for now-
Some of you have asked why there isn't an FBI reward etc. and honestly NO COMPARISON to this case and the case in Delphi.
Not going to call it "*advertiser censored* shaming" but IMHO I believe MANY think that MBs actions ultimately brought her own demise. It's hard to think of this bazaar case as a total "wrong place/wrong time" scenario like the sweet girls in Delphi but it still may be.
Ultimately it's hard to garner support for "rewarding" bad behavior. This case involves bad behavior even if that behavior is proven ultimately to be completely unrelated to this crime.
They aren't gonna be showing anyone the $$$ IMHO

It's very very unfair to accuse BB and family of "laying low" here. Until you walk in those shoes of losing someone you love to a violent/ senseless act you can't judge here. This is a pain that never ends and often too hard to keep hammering on. BB and fam are victims too. They may have been told by law enforcement or other authority to stay out of the spotlight.
Certainly for concern and the best semblance possible of "normalcy" for the children - allowing the investigation to continue without making waves is very understandable IMHO.

Kudos to Midlothian police dept & investigators- don't listen to the haters. You guys are working hard on this perplexing case and your work will pay off. YOU ARE THE GOOD GUYS and we are putting our faith in you to lock this Swatperp up.

My first impression of Scott Peterson was a great decent guy. Good values. My first impression of O J Simpson was an All American nice guy. Well, we all know that's not the truth! What impressed me about Laci's Peterson's mom.. she just lost her daughter and grandson and never stopped fighting for justice! What still impresses me about Ronald Goldmans dad is that he has walked in Brandon shoes . His son was murdered and he never once stopped fighting for Justice!!!! What I'm not impressed with is your comments about Missy! No one knows what went on in that marriage and who had the most affairs! Everyone deserves justice ! Three girls lost their mother and no one needs to stay out of the spot light !!! Get in the spot light and find out who did this so the girls can have peace in their lives.

Deep breath everybody. Let's all play nice now.

Reading some posts from the past day or so, I'd like to point out a few things:

1. There isn't evidence of philandering going "both ways"between the Bevers. And that is not meant to Missy-bash either. But let's be clear on what we know and what we don't. We know MB had at least emotional entanglements if not physical ones. That comes from SWs. No documentation of BB doing likewise. That doesn't mean he didn't, but in the absence of documentation to the contrary, it isn't fair to him to state there were dalliances on both sides. Personally, I believe the thought process that drives this narrative is "BB is a guy, and most guys cheat. Plus, stats indicate it's usually the husband when a woman is murdered, so I'll throw shade on BB no matter how much LE says they're not looking at him."

2. Reward amounts are not indicators of how someone lived her life or how regarded she was in her community.

3. IMHO, BB's family never "threw shade" at MB. They answered questions that were directly asked of them by reporters. Many have focused not on the positive things they said about MB but the answers they gave when put on the spot. And so they shut up, and now they are vilified for not speaking.

Let us keep in mind the very real possibility that MB's death had absolutely nothing to do with her life OR BB's.

1. There isn't evidence of philandering going "both ways"between the Bevers. And that is not meant to Missy-bash either. But let's be clear on what we know and what we don't. We know MB had at least emotional entanglements if not physical ones. That comes from SWs. No documentation of BB doing likewise. That doesn't mean he didn't, but in the absence of documentation to the contrary, it isn't fair to him to state there were dalliances on both sides. Personally, I believe the thought process that drives this narrative is "BB is a guy, and most guys cheat. Plus, stats indicate it's usually the husband when a woman is murdered, so I'll throw shade on BB no matter how much LE says they're not looking at him."

2. Reward amounts are not indicators of how someone lived her life or how regarded she was in her community.

3. IMHO, BB's family never "threw shade" at MB. They answered questions that were directly asked of them by reporters. Many have focused not on the positive things they said about MB but the answers they gave when put on the spot. And so they shut up, and now they are vilified for not speaking.

Let us keep in mind the very real possibility that MB's death had absolutely nothing to do with her life OR BB's.

How is it you know most men cheat? If you're laying down that type of accusation, you'd better have the facts to back you up. 😲

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

How is it you know most men cheat? If you're laying down that type of accusation, you'd better have the facts to back you up. [emoji44]

Not what I said, Razzy-poo.

Ok canape-poo. Then who's thought process says most men cheat?

You're asking me to name names? Is this really something that you doubt is a common mindset? I mean, I'm not even trying to prove or disprove the underlying premise. Just stating that it is a commonly-held belief. I would think we could stipulate to that, but guess not.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cosm...mp48469/ask-logan-married-men-cheat-on-wives/

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/why-do-men-cheat/1406633/

Or this lovely nugget:

“There is a natural tendency that is pretty hardwired in us as a species that suggests putting your seed in as many places as possible. It’s what got humanity to this point in history,” says Louanne Cole Weston, PhD, a marriage and family therapist and board-certified sex therapist in Fair Oaks, California. “That non-monogamous urge persists in many men — though many manage serial monogamy despite that urge.”
http://www.webmd.com/men/features/our-cheating-hearts

BBM This post from M.A. is victim bashing at its best (worst)! Poster should go on FB where name-calling and victim bashing is permitted! Horrific bad-mouthing in this post is hopefully going to lead WS "family" to put up a fair fight here! Wow! I cannot believe this infidelity to the hard-working posters here who want to find Missy's true adversary!!!!

Wow. That's harsh.
I thought this was a forum for thoughts and ideas.
Mine have offended some of you which was not my intention.
I hope the mods will please remove my post if inappropriate.
Not happy being bullied. Some of you are VERY MEAN. No wonder you drive some of us away.

(snip)

Argh, I wrote a mid-sized response, got logged out and lost it. Not going to recreate it all but in brief, I think the MIL raised questions about Missy's character -- in spite of good things she also said about her -- in letter #2 to the killer, in which she talked about the killer possibly being pleased that people are learning that Missy's life wasn't perfect. She also commented to media that it was hard for Brandon to lose his wife to murder and then find out about her flirtations with other men, and I believe the SIL referred to a previous affair.

These comments were unnecessary, even if based on facts, and didn't exactly raise the public's perception of Missy. The family didn't have to answer reporters' questions about alleged dalliances, and I don't remember another case when a victim's family said these sorts of things, at least not early in the case. Perhaps they were just in shock, didn't have strong filters and didn't realize how their comments would sound.

You're asking me to name names? Is this really something that you doubt is a common mindset? I mean, I'm not even trying to prove or disprove the underlying premise. Just stating that it is a commonly-held belief. I would think we could stipulate to that, but guess not.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cosm...mp48469/ask-logan-married-men-cheat-on-wives/

https://www.elitedaily.com/dating/why-do-men-cheat/1406633/

Or this lovely nugget:

“There is a natural tendency that is pretty hardwired in us as a species that suggests putting your seed in as many places as possible. It’s what got humanity to this point in history,” says Louanne Cole Weston, PhD, a marriage and family therapist and board-certified sex therapist in Fair Oaks, California. “That non-monogamous urge persists in many men — though many manage serial monogamy despite that urge.”
http://www.webmd.com/men/features/our-cheating-hearts

I'm going to have to agree with you. I've seen it happen with so many couple friends ...however, women cheat all the time too! I think it's always been accepted as a "man thing" and women are trashed. Doesn't make it right but that's just how it is in our society.

Marie, I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh, but this is a victim-friendly site, and essentially calling the victim a loose woman who may not be worthy of a reward to find her murderer is not victim-friendly. It's OK to throw around ideas, but not to smear the victim.

Argh, I wrote a mid-sized response, got logged out and lost it. Not going to recreate it all but in brief, I think the MIL raised questions about Missy's character -- in spite of good things she also said about her -- in letter #2 to the killer, in which she talked about the killer possibly being pleased that people are learning that Missy's life wasn't perfect. She also commented to media that it was hard for Brandon to lose his wife to murder and then find out about her flirtations with other men, and I believe the SIL referred to a previous affair.

These comments were unnecessary, even if based on facts, and didn't exactly raise the public's perception of Missy. The family didn't have to answer reporters' questions about alleged dalliances, and I don't remember another case when a victim's family said these sorts of things, at least not early in the case. Perhaps they were just in shock, didn't have strong filters and didn't realize how their comments would sound.

I'm familiar with all the comments made. I remember the context in which they were said. Respectfully I don't share your belief that the comments threw shade. These were people who recently lost a loved one in terrible fashion. And they had zero experience with media or public speaking. We're supposed to be victim-friendly here, but it seems we pick and choose which victims to be friendly to. Until you've walked a mile in their shoes...

Wow. That's harsh.
I thought this was a forum for thoughts and ideas.
Mine have offended some of you which was not my intention.
I hope the mods will please remove my post if inappropriate.
Not happy being bullied. Some of you are VERY MEAN. No wonder you drive some of us away.

I think there were some over-reactions to your post. You said some things I agree with and others that I don't, and maybe some things could have been worded better. You did say that there are many who THINK that the way MB lived her life may have contributed to how she died (or words to that effect). I think you are right that there are people who think that. I'm not one of them because I think she was killed by a stranger.

Anyway, hang in there and keep posting. I don't think anyone intended to make you feel bullied. It's just that it's Friday night, and we're all lit.

if you think a post violates TOS, alert on it and then scroll

do not quote it umpteen times and comment on it repeatedly

it's actually against TOS to do that too

Please remember that Missy is dead and cannot speak for herself and her family has apparently chosen not to speak on her behalf. We, at WS, are her only voice!

I definitely think there's a way to say things, and it was a far extreme..thus the responses. We've all been frustrated with this and I'm sure had a long week in our own personal lives. Point is, we all want justice for Missy REGARDLESS of how she lived her life. No bullying intended.

ETA: I've seen same thing with gym affairs, but doesn't mean they "married down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member