TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see SP removing the white box at 00:17 or any time in the main hallway. To my eyes, it looks like an object that resembles a hammer. I'm assuming that's the same item SP carries throughout the video, though it's much harder to tell in the last two scenes -- SP walking "back up" the SW hallway with the helmet light, and the final clip in the NE corner.

What I do see is some kind of white object in SP's right pocket. I can't tell if it was there prior to 00:17, but it does appear to still be in SP's right pocket in the final clip. That leads me to believe that it is *not* the white box in SP's left hand in the final clip. I've lurked most of the threads, but I definitely could've missed something!

I've always wondered if the last two clips are in reverse order. It looks like there *may* be some kind of white object in SP's back left pocket -- maybe the object that was in their left hand in the NE corner -- as they approach the sanctuary door across from the dutch doors... but it's so subtle that I can't really justify coming to that conclusion. I can't even see it without inverting the colors, and I don't want to draw too much from such a low resolution video.

One thing I noticed was the perspective from on the ground, filming the cars driving past from a low angle. I am going to assume they were filming license plates. So either they wanted to double check all cars which were Altimas or Dark SUVs. Which makes me suspect they do have a full or partial license plate visible on video surveillance footage.

I haven't sleuthed far enough into this case to really know what I'm looking for, as far as clues that might pertain to the investigation, but I can offer this:

That low angle perspective in the last few scenes can be utilized by a videographer for several reasons. Here's a couple that spring to mind:
To provide a more varied/creative composition
To avoid showing any identifiable characteristics of the folks in the vehicles
To avoid showing actual license plate numbers. In the next to last shot of cars driving away from the camera, the videographer was able to capture a long line of cars without showing individual license plates.(at least I can't make out any tag numbers: my isp has been very slow tonight, so the low quality video may play a part if others can see license plates when watching the video)

The way this scene is shot reminds me of the anonymous "stock" crowd footage you see when news outlets need a visual to talk about things like obesity: they generally "chop off" the heads or creatively blur some elements in the scene. It also has all the earmarks of "B Roll," which is generic footage that provides the viewer something to watch during a voice over. Minus the hearse in the beginning, this footage reminds me of what you might see during stories about traffic, vehicle safety, road construction, etc.

All My opinion, based on experience in graphic design, photography and production. :moo:

Okay whoa, DeeDee, I realize now what you were going on about. Stupid me, I only watched the top video. Didn't even realize there was more footage down below.

So who is the man with the lanyard? The videographer seems to be concentrating on his walk, his feet etc. Also interesting is his arm movements. But doesn't he seem a bit too heavy around the torso?

Yes, the height does not jive w what MPD told us after the crime scene reconstruction. Max height 5’7”. So if Lanyard Guy is possibly the SwatPerp how can we make the height statement work? JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for what it's worth, i think 0:19 on this video is the same guy:
[video=youtube;CfRpvZfTG5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRpvZfTG5k&index=2&list=PLDJzaim_YzN-Q8YE-E_3-6jJL_Q5pqRUV[/video]

wish i could see the bottom of the shoes in the SP video... walk is similar.

Okay whoa, DeeDee, I realize now what you were going on about. Stupid me, I only watched the top video. Didn't even realize there was more footage down below.

So who is the man with the lanyard? The videographer seems to be concentrating on his walk, his feet etc. Also interesting is his arm movements. But doesn't he seem a bit too heavy around the torso?

ZoriahNZ, you are brilliant. It is very rare to find someone on WS who is stupid. However, I remember a FB commenter who said: "Those folks over at Websleuths have it all figured out but I'm too stupid to know what they're saying!"

My theory is that MPD had a heavy influence. CCoC followed their lead.

The SP may have worn a corset? Spanx, maybe. I don't know. A girdle? SP did everything possible to secret SPs ID. Maybe a tightly fitted plated vest.

Yes, the height does not jive w what MPD told us after the crime scene reconstruction. Max height 5’7”. So if Lanyard Guy is possibly the SwatPerp how can we make the height statement work? JMHO

ezrah, I don't recall a MPD reenactment of the crime; however, I'm operating on sleep depravity and not all of my memory has been fully restored yet.

Yes, we do have a dilemma on the height. Even BatBrat's green man doesn't fit Lanyard Guy.

However, I recall Jethro4WS would not agree about the height due to something particular about the floor tiles cobbled with the camera angles. I will augment that statement, by saying, that Jethro4WS quite possibly has the highest IQ of any member on WS that I have worked with. I've worked with him on 4 or more other major cases. His mind is like that of a computer.

In my spare time, which I do not have anytime, soon, I'll search Jethro's posts during the discussion about the floor tiles and camera angles. It became quite the debate for quite a while. So, if anyone wants to help search that out for us, much obliged. It would likely be between May - December 2016 so, that narrows that down a wee bit.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see SP removing the white box at 00:17 or any time in the main hallway. To my eyes, it looks like an object that resembles a hammer. I'm assuming that's the same item SP carries throughout the video, though it's much harder to tell in the last two scenes -- SP walking "back up" the SW hallway with the helmet light, and the final clip in the NE corner.

What I do see is some kind of white object in SP's right pocket. I can't tell if it was there prior to 00:17, but it does appear to still be in SP's right pocket in the final clip. That leads me to believe that it is *not* the white box in SP's left hand in the final clip. I've lurked most of the threads, but I definitely could've missed something!

I've always wondered if the last two clips are in reverse order. It looks like there *may* be some kind of white object in SP's back left pocket -- maybe the object that was in their left hand in the NE corner -- as they approach the sanctuary door across from the dutch doors... but it's so subtle that I can't really justify coming to that conclusion. I can't even see it without inverting the colors, and I don't want to draw too much from such a low resolution video.

My error. I must have hit the 1 instead of the 2.

It is closer to the 00:27-28 mark when SP brings the white rectangular object out of the closet.

Did you click on the attachments so they would appear larger. If not, please do.

for what it's worth, i think 0:19 on this video is the same guy:
[video=youtube;CfRpvZfTG5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRpvZfTG5k&index=2&list=PLDJzaim_YzN-Q8YE-E_3-6jJL_Q5pqRUV[/video]

wish i could see the bottom of the shoes in the SP video... walk is similar.

Yes, the same shoes as in the other video at the Memorial Service.

SP shoes/boots have false bottoms. The right shoe/boot is not glued properly. When he takes a step toward the Dutch doors, the sole stays on the floor!

Remember MIL's letters she says "in your boots that are too big". I think the soles are too big for the shoes since SP certainly didn't wish to leave an exact shoe size anywhere during the crime. Watch it in slo-mo, for best results, of seeing the right sole that stays on the floor when he walks to the Dutch door.

MB SP Shoes.jpg

Attachments

• CoC SP with white box.jpg
    CoC SP with white box.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 52
ezrah, I don't recall a MPD reenactment of the crime; however, I'm operating on sleep depravity and not all of my memory has been fully restored yet.

Yes, we do have a dilemma on the height. Even BatBrat's green man doesn't fit Lanyard Guy.

However, I recall Jethro4WS would not agree about the height due to something particular about the floor tiles cobbled with the camera angles. I will augment that statement, by saying, that Jethro4WS quite possibly has the highest IQ of any member on WS that I have worked with. I've worked with him on 4 or more other major cases. His mind is like that of a computer.

In my spare time, which I do not have anytime, soon, I'll search Jethro's posts during the discussion about the floor tiles and camera angles. It became quite the debate for quite a while. So, if anyone wants to help search that out for us, much obliged. It would likely be between May - December 2016 so, that narrows that down a wee bit.

I should have called it a video reconstruction. It was conducted by Tarrant Cty. Here’s a MSM article for reference. I’ll find the height reference later and post but it was a range of 5’2-5’7”.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Reconstruction-Team-Working-on-Bevers-Case-379279921.html
ETA: “Deputy Chief Kevin Johnson said Friday that experts believe the suspect is between 5 feet 2 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall. However, no other distinguishing characteristics could be gleaned from the analysis.”
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fo...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-380275011.html

You're not alone, ZoriahNZ! Yikes! I totally missed the second video on that page, too! What kind of a "sleuther" am I, LOL? :blushing:

Other than the recent important snippets Cannonball has provided this is the most important link posted in October. As one last effort for others to find understanding, here it is again. While watching Missy's Memorial Service, stand in the videographer's shoes.
Finally I opened my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MPDs statement on height range has always bothered me. I understand that LE can be dodgy w release of public statements, however outright lying is not the norm. imo SP roaming the halls looks taller than 5’7” to my untrained eye;) It’s no surprise to those who’ve followed here from early on that imo there are at least 2 perps in the COC that morning. That’s how I can make the height range statement work. I could be wrong.

MPDs statement on height range has always bothered me. I understand that LE can be dodgy w release of public statements, however outright lying is not the norm. imo SP roaming the halls looks taller than 5’7” to my untrained eye;) It’s no surprise to those who’ve followed here from early on that imo there are at least 2 perps in the COC that morning. That’s how I can make the height range statement work. I could be wrong.

If there is more than one perp in the building, that would contradict what MPD has put in a sworn affidavit before a judge.

From the Dec 2016 SW probable cause affidavit: "the unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri "Missy" Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers."

If there is more than one perp in the building, that would contradict what MPD has put in a sworn affidavit before a judge.

From the Dec 2016 SW probable cause affidavit: "the unknown suspect is the only person detected within the building during a period of approximately thirty (30) minutes when the victim and decedent, Terri "Missy" Leann Bevers, was murdered, and it is reasonably believed that the said unknown suspect is responsible in part or in full for murdering Ms. Bevers."

bbm
The only person but "in part" responsible - in which way is this possible?

In past threads the mods said lanyard guy was LE and not to be sleuthed. They were very adamant about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In past threads the mods said lanyard guy was LE and not to be sleuthed. They were very adamant about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

He is not LE. But you're right that he is not to be sleuthed/discussed here. He has not been named publicly as a POI.

I think it's just legal-speak. They want to be as specific as they can be, but also as inclusive as they can be, to cover all the bases.

That is legal speak for let’s leave the door wide open to the possibility of more than one perp. lol JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members