TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This crime and case are complicated enough without the added game of "I know something you don't know!"

Thanks for posting this! I also came across another term from Abigail and Liberty's thread - hatchet pack (I think). I definitely agree that SP has some sort of "pack" on the front of the body.

In watching that CCTV footage again, SP seems very surprised when he opens the dutch door - which I believed was described as the "nursery" room. I do believe he had some familiarity with the church, but was not familiar with all of the church's floor plan.

I have full confidence LE would have searched the attic for SP. However, it does niggle me when I think about SP being able to murder MB and clean up and join the rest of the Campers before MB was discovered. But, surely ALL vehicles were searched before being allowed to leave the crime scene just as the entire building was searched? If LE thought at first it was just a surprised burglar would they have allowed people to leave without inspecting their vehicle?
I've learned from following murder cases for decades not to assume that LE have conducted what should have been basic investigation practice. Many cases have been to trial where we learn that what would be assumed as being done during the investigation was never done.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Bootsctr said:
I have full confidence LE would have searched the attic for SP. However, it does niggle me when I think about SP being able to murder MB and clean up and join the rest of the Campers before MB was discovered. But, surely ALL vehicles were searched before being allowed to leave the crime scene just as the entire building was searched? If LE thought at first it was just a surprised burglar would they have allowed people to leave without inspecting their vehicle?

I've learned from following murder cases for decades not to assume that LE have conducted what should have been basic investigation practice. Many cases have been to trial where we learn that what would be assumed as being done during the investigation was never done.

Whichever the case is, as to whether they searched for someone hiding in the building or in a car, you can't unring that bell now. It's not as if we can now go search the attic (or other hiding spots in the building), or the cars, if those weren't done.

And if we do find they searched, or didn't, that still tells us nothing. If they searched, they found nothing. If they didn't, we can't say there was anyone to find.

But we really haven't narrowed anything down hardly at all anyhow. We don't even know the sex of the perp. We don't know if he/she knew MB or was there for another reason. We don't know if there was an accomplice, a conspiracy, or a killer acting alone. There's a lot of guesses, but that's all they are, and what we know with any certainty is very little. Frustrating truth.

Do we know if POI mentioned in Dec 2016 SWs has been cleared? If not, I don't see why the doc can't be posted. I just received it after putting in an open records request and the details are fascinating. Want to make sure I am following the rules here.

Do we know if POI mentioned in Dec 2016 SWs has been cleared? If not, I don't see why the doc can't be posted. I just received it after putting in an open records request and the details are fascinating. Want to make sure I am following the rules here.

Haven't we posted other search warrants before? I think maybe the name has to be blacked out and any personal info.....address, phone numbers, etc.
Can't wait to see it! And thanks!

I have pondered (and posted) about the possibility of the perpetrator going into the attic of the building and remaining there for some time after the crime. There was a lot of chaos and confusion that would have permitted someone to come down from the attic in another area, later, without detection...and possibly while the cameras were down as earlier footage was retrieved.

I dunno why im stuck on the guy having escaped out the back and through that field to the residential roads behind the church, it just looks like the safest exit to me. I would think this perp would have so much blood and DNA all over him unless he had time to shower and change clothes it would be easy to find him or evidence of him by the blood trail.. just my 3 cents..

That's the thing. This was a morning (rainy, stormy) that was unlike most mornings. SP knew she would be inside, the time she'd be there and possibly the time the first camper would arrive. (SP didn't count on one arriving so early, however). SP either personally knew the drill of MB's routine or someone alerted him/her
the night before. And why on such a stormy morning when so many things could go wrong? It had to be done that morning. Why? Was it because the man who would normally be considered a prime suspect, be out of town that day?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

She went inside the building every morning. They had access to the restrooms.

I dunno why im stuck on the guy having escaped out the back and through that field to the residential roads behind the church, it just looks like the safest exit to me. I would think this perp would have so much blood and DNA all over him unless he had time to shower and change clothes it would be easy to find him or evidence of him by the blood trail.. just my 3 cents..

The best way to be 5 miles away from the crime scene before anyone discovers the crime isn't to spend the 1st 5 minutes trying to cross a creek and rough terrain in bulky gear in a rain storm, but using those minutes to drive 70 mph down the highway. (And if we say he exited at about 4:30 and didn't expect anyone until 5:00 when the class was to begin, he could have been looking at being 30 MILES away when things were discovered.)

And if he gets in a car and drives away, there's no blood trail.

All the above assumes he had made plans focusing on MB and her schedule. But we don't know that, so there's that as well. It may have been that he just fled the fastest way possible, with no knowledge, in which case the same truths (that vehicle is far far faster way to flee) still apply.

She went inside the building every morning. They had access to the restrooms.
If I recall correctly, the restrooms were right there in the SW corner. She didn't need to travel all the way down the hall to the place where she was eventually murdered.

But again, why would SP take such a chance on such a stormy morning?

If I recall correctly, the restrooms were right there in the SW corner. She didn't need to travel all the way down the hall to the place where she was eventually murdered.

Respectfully, the simple truth is, we don't really KNOW exactly what SP did (other than the generic "kill MB"), nor the process, path, and so on. Nor who SP was and their probable motivation for being there, and going wherever they fled to. So how can we know why?

Not to be negative. But we are only sitting here where
1 each makes our own assumptions and guesses as to events,
2 then each makes up our own details to fit, and
3 then each of us fits in "why's" that match - or maybe we even start with our own why's, and then create/assume whatever crime details that would match

Unfortunately, it's guesses layered on assumptions layered on biases layered on some sparse morsels of fact. We know almost nothing at all.

And beyond the circular reasoning of using our own assumptions and why's to determine details and why's, if some SP choices were made unthinkingly, just randomly or in a panic or in a hurried reaction here and there, maybe there isn't even a logical "why" at all.

Respectfully, the simple truth is, we don't really KNOW exactly what SP did (other than the generic "kill MB"), nor the process, path, and so on. Nor who SP was and their probable motivation for being there, and going wherever they fled to. So how can we know why?

Not to be negative. But we are only sitting here where
1 each makes our own assumptions and guesses as to events,
2 then each makes up our own details to fit, and
3 then each of us fits in "why's" that match - or maybe we even start with our own why's, and then create/assume whatever crime details that would match

Unfortunately, it's guesses layered on assumptions layered on biases layered on some sparse morsels of fact. We know almost nothing at all.

And beyond the circular reasoning of using our own assumptions and why's to determine details and why's, if some SP choices were made unthinkingly, just randomly or in a panic or in a hurried reaction here and there, maybe there isn't even a logical "why" at all.
Good post Steve. I do have strong assumptions but I try to base them on logic. Maybe that's the problem. I am biased. And I'm forcing my logic to fit my scenario. And there may be no logic here, anyway.

I want this to be solved. (Like everybody else). But I'm now thinking
LE is back to Square 1. Which is where I need to go back to.

The best way to be 5 miles away from the crime scene before anyone discovers the crime isn't to spend the 1st 5 minutes trying to cross a creek and rough terrain in bulky gear in a rain storm, but using those minutes to drive 70 mph down the highway. (And if we say he exited at about 4:30 and didn't expect anyone until 5:00 when the class was to begin, he could have been looking at being 30 MILES away when things were discovered.)

And if he gets in a car and drives away, there's no blood trail.

All the above assumes he had made plans focusing on MB and her schedule. But we don't know that, so there's that as well. It may have been that he just fled the fastest way possible, with no knowledge, in which case the same truths (that vehicle is far far faster way to flee) still apply.

If he rode a motorcycle I would not think it would be that hard. I have seen the area in daylight and its not that bad. I lived in Midlothian for 33 years I remember before this church was built and most of the houses built after 1982. This area is a dirt bike trail and small pond. One thing that urks me is someone close to the case wanted to grid off that area and the cops were just not interested. I think the entire church was cleard within 3 days if I recall correctly. If he had a bike already parked out back and someone dropped him off it would IMO be the best way to escape w/o being seen on a major road. How did he know she would be alone? How did he know what time she got there? How was he able to escape w/o leaving a huge blood trail to follow? I realize it was raining cats and dogs that night but still it baffles me..

I have to add that I do see why LE would not put too much time looking at the rear of the church since it was raining so hard, im sure even if there was a blood trail and dirt bike tracks they would be gone pretty quick with the rain.

If he rode a motorcycle I would not think it would be that hard. I have seen the area in daylight and its not that bad. I lived in Midlothian for 33 years I remember before this church was built and most of the houses built after 1982. This area is a dirt bike trail and small pond. One thing that urks me is someone close to the case wanted to grid off that area and the cops were just not interested. I think the entire church was cleard within 3 days if I recall correctly. If he had a bike already parked out back and someone dropped him off it would IMO be the best way to escape w/o being seen on a major road. How did he know she would be alone? How did he know what time she got there? How was he able to escape w/o leaving a huge blood trail to follow? I realize it was raining cats and dogs that night but still it baffles me..

I have to add that I do see why LE would not put too much time looking at the rear of the church since it was raining so hard, im sure even if there was a blood trail and dirt bike tracks they would be gone pretty quick with the rain.

Who rides a dirt bike in the rain in the dark? That would probably be the single worst way of trying to get away from a crime scene.

Did MB go to the kitchen? I know there has been some discussion that perhaps she would go to the kitchen. If she did go to the kitchen she more than likely saw the mess created by SP with the broken glass, holes in the wall, etc. There has been speculation that SP even called out to MB.

I tend to lean toward the rain actually helped the SW with this crime, in so much as it could have washed away tracks.

Who rides a dirt bike in the rain in the dark? That would probably be the single worst way of trying to get away from a crime scene.

Not to mention how loud it would be. He might as well carry a big sign saying, "I murdered MB. Please catch me."

Did MB go to the kitchen? I know there has been some discussion that perhaps she would go to the kitchen. If she did go to the kitchen she more than likely saw the mess created by SP with the broken glass, holes in the wall, etc. There has been speculation that SP even called out to MB.

I tend to lean toward the rain actually helped the SW with this crime, in so much as it could have washed away tracks.
Hey Bootsctr: Could be. I just don't know.

If one starts at the very beginning and watches the SP video (and with no preconceived notions) other than the height 5'2" to 5'7 and/or 5'9" and Batbrat's incredible rendition of SP walking with no clothes, what do you see?

I see young eyes....almost feminine.
The walk may have been altered by the Swat outfit. The slouch? Maybe because the front pouch was heavy.

Skinny and not terribly shapely.

Ease with the tools? None from my view. In fact, it almost looks as if SP had been coached. "Now, what you need to do is walk around and pretend to pry open doors. Take some of the tools out of the front pack and "use" them. Open some of the doors and go inside. Don't make too much of a mess. There are cameras throughout but don't worry. No one will be able to identify you with the Swat outfit. The kill needs to take place in the main entryway. It's dark and there are no cameras. Don't leave anything behind.
I'll be right outside waiting for you in the car. Stay cool."

A younger person perhaps? A teen,
maybe. The "coach" outside is older. Someone SP trusts. No phone trail as they live together.

Have we ever seriously considered a younger person? (But under the guidance of an older person)?

Any young people around whose behavoir has changed? In school, or with friends?

The above is purely a product of my rather vivid imagination and nothing more.

Hiya Razz! I can see someone coaching as the way you describe it. I like the idea of a younger SP too. True there would be no phone trail if these people lived together. Wow! Okay. That made me sit up and take notice. Hadn't thought about that before. I'm sure that whomever committed this murder did think about that though.

someone who thought the cops might be all over 287 so he plans to take 1387 or 663 which would be void of any LE

No, it's the best way he could be far away in a matter of seconds and that rain would wash any evidence on him by the time he got home, I would not be surprised if he lived back there off one of those roads, they are rual and some are on large acre lots

What puzzles me is the absence of footprints or blood evidence on the inside. The nature of the injuries should have resulted in blood splatter and the murderer should have been covered with blood.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member