TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much farther back I posted how the killer's tool looked like a halligan. The halligan comes in many sizes, usually 30", but there are short 12"-15" versions. It is used by firefighters to pry open doors. I've seen the short versions as a part of an LE's equipment in the trunk of their car.

This is exactly what I was wondering what the pry tool was: a firefighter's halligan tool.

attachment.php

Attachments

• halligan.jpg
    halligan.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 411
But it still infuriates me that a woman, who was not his wife, checked via FB to make sure he made it ok.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

RSBM. I've followed along mostly behind the scenes and never gotten in the thick of this case really. Can you tell me what this statement is referring to? Never heard this tidbit before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I was wondering what the pry tool was: a firefighter's halligan tool.

attachment.php

Wow, I see what you mean! Very similar to what the perp has in his hand in the pick.

One of the search warrants said she had puncture wounds, I'm pretty sure. I'm sure a regular hammer could make puncture wounds, too, but these styles of hammers/tools seem to be far more likely what the killer used.

RSBM. I've followed along mostly behind the scenes and never gotten in the thick of this case really. Can you tell me what this statement is referring to? Never heard this tidbit before.

I have a screenshot that someone sent me a while ago but can't use it here.

This person was in the original SW.
It may mean absolutely nothing
but IMO it was highly inappropriate.

I never can tell what is ok or not regarding FB, so this may end up deleted. From what I recall there was a comment on a post or a check-in of BB's FB that was from a female friend of his.

I took the time to compose the details of the SW corner of CCoC. The last time a member stated my directions were erroneous. Thusly, the detailed description follows:

Entering where MB parked under the Porte Cochere, at the covered area, of the SW Corner, you will pass a small open area on the immediate left. That area is for wheelchairs, folded wheelchairs, as it is fairly narrow.

The wall beside the wheelchair area is a wall that encompasses the left side wall of the alcove. In other words, that wall for the wheelchairs is a shared wall with the alcove. Left side is where wheelchairs are placed the other side of the wall forms a portion of the alcove area. There is no bulletin board on the left side at all.

When passing the open, narrow area of the wheelchair wall, is a section of wall that runs parallel to the hallway. It may be 5' wide. Then, there is an open gap appx 4' wide. No door. It is where you enter the alcove. Thus, there is a 5' wall then, a 3' - 4' gap then another 5' section of wall on the right that forms the alcove. The right side of the alcove shares a wall with the Family Restroom.

When you walk, from the entry at the PC, where Missy entered, she would walk past the alcove. Assuming she needed to go to the Ladies Restroom, she would enter the alcove where the Ladies Restroom is on the left and the Men's Restroom is on the right. You cannot enter those restrooms without going through the alcove.

The alcove is rather deep. It held two upholstered chairs and a small table when I visited.

If you don't enter the alcove, the next door on your left, flush with the wall, is the Family Restroom. I did not enter it but assumed it had a place for changing baby diapers and possibly handicapped bathrooms.

All of the cameras are inside the round light fixtures in the ceiling. There is not a camera at nor in the alcove. There is one outside where MB parked that was troublesome as the Church said it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't lately (At the TOD).

When, in the cctv, the SP leaves the Dutch door and walks further down the hall, SP seems to disappear - he entered a room is what happened - then, suddenly SP appears way down the hallway, to begin walking up the hall toward the Dutch doors and stops in the area across from the Dutch doors.

When watching the cctv, you will notice, during that scene, the floor casts a purplish blue color onto the floors. That is the security camera being activated. Any purplish or blue you see on the floors or near the edge of the floor where it meets the wall is all due to security camera activation. This is true even during the daytime as the purplish blue light was triggered on while I was walking the halls of the Church.

The cameras are never zoomed in during the final scene. The cameras are placed in the hallway ceilings where the round shaped lights are installed.

Cameras did not zoom in and out. SP merely activated them or was closer to them. IE, when SP activates, by motion, the camera to record, even if SP leaves the hallway the camera continues to record for a few seconds longer.

When SP enters the last scene, coming from the auditorium area, into the hallway, the light is already on in the hallway. It always perplexed me that the camera was on when SP opens the door before he begins swinging his hammer to break the glass.

The reason the light was already on, is because SP had been in the hallway and entered the door further down the hall (you can see that door is still open) so when he pops out of the door, at the final scene, the camera did not have time to cut the recording before he exits the door in the last scene. Thus, the SPs movement was swift and kept the cameras from having time to shut off, when he exits the room, entering the hallway, to bang on the glass window.

Many thought he looked wimpy or as a female. That is not true. He was tapping the glass gently so he could pull it into the hallway as if it appeared to be broken while standing outside.

For Missy to be trapped, either she entered the alcove to go to the restroom or as she walked past the alcove, SP was able to attack from behind but, at the same time, he would need to drag her quickly into the alcove so it would not be on cctv.

Keep in mind that the dark blue walls forming the alcove are solid pieces of a material sort of like marble but not that expensive. So, those alcove walls can be washed down to remove any tissue and are not made of a material that requires painting. They are not sheetrock walls.

In fact, the alcove walls that are along the left side of the hallway do not go all the way to the ceiling. They may be 8' or even 7' tall as the alcove walls are not as tall as the ceiling.

As you leave out of the Restrooms, into the alcove, you would be facing the chairs. It was a sweet touch, as I could imagine a gentleman sitting while his wife powdered her nose.

Incidentally, the way the Church sits on the hill, it appears that the Porte Cochere is truly facing the west even though on the map it is marked as South. It can be confusing. All you really need to know, is that MBs vehicle was within 20', give or take, from where she died.

When I mentioned the interior doors were propped open in the SW corner, no one suggested a purpose for this. The interior glass doors in the SW corner, at least one of them is seen, when SP heads to the Dutch Door.

Someone propped those doors open with intention. It is my firm belief that SP exited the SW doors. When he left the alcove area, dashed through the propped open door and when reaching the exterior sliding doors, they automatically opened because they are being opened automatically when approached from within the interior of the Church.

SP could run along, past Missy's vehicle and continue along the South side of the exterior to the parking lot where the vehicle was parked in the SE corner. SWFA has a camera aimed at the Porte Cochere.

Could the SWFA camera pick up MB at the PC? Possibly but, it was raining and SWFA cameras had minimal condensation on them that we see when the white Altima does the drive through.

Could SWFA camera see SPs vehicle? Perhaps, but that corner of the CCoC parking lot has a tree that may interfere with the camera completely being able to capture the vehicle on cctv.

Given what I know about the layout, SP leaving where MB parked is the best option. It also explains why the exterior camera was not working. SP needed that camera to not be operational.

I have not been able to 100% conclude SPs ability to dart from the alcove back to the Kitchen without being caught on cctv.

Entering where MB parked under the Porte Cochere, at the covered area, of the SW Corner, you will pass a small open area on the immediate left. That area is for wheelchairs, folded wheelchairs, as it is fairly narrow.

The wall beside the wheelchair area is a wall that encompasses the left side wall of the alcove. In other words, that wall for the wheelchairs is a shared wall with the alcove. Left side is where wheelchairs are placed the other side of the wall forms a portion of the alcove area. There is no bulletin board on the left side at all.

When passing the open, narrow area of the wheelchair wall, is a section of wall that runs parallel to the hallway. It may be 5' wide. Then, there is an open gap appx 4' wide. No door. It is where you enter the alcove. Thus, there is a 5' wall then, a 3' - 4' gap then another 5' section of wall on the right that forms the alcove. The right side of the alcove shares a wall with the Family Restroom.

When you walk, from the entry at the PC, where Missy entered, she would walk past the alcove. Assuming she needed to go to the Ladies Restroom, she would enter the alcove where the Ladies Restroom is on the left and the Men's Restroom is on the right. You cannot enter those restrooms without going through the alcove.

The alcove is rather deep. It held two upholstered chairs and a small table when I visited.

If you don't enter the alcove, the next door on your left, flush with the wall, is the Family Restroom. I did not enter it but assumed it had a place for changing baby diapers and possibly handicapped bathrooms.

All of the cameras are inside the round light fixtures in the ceiling. There is not a camera at nor in the alcove. There is one outside where MB parked that was troublesome as the Church said it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't lately (At the TOD).

When, in the cctv, the SP leaves the Dutch door and walks further down the hall, SP seems to disappear - he entered a room is what happened - then, suddenly SP appears way down the hallway, to begin walking up the hall toward the Dutch doors and stops in the area across from the Dutch doors.

When watching the cctv, you will notice, during that scene, the floor casts a purplish blue color onto the floors. That is the security camera being activated. Any purplish or blue you see on the floors or near the edge of the floor where it meets the wall is all due to security camera activation. This is true even during the daytime as the purplish blue light was triggered on while I was walking the halls of the Church.

The cameras are never zoomed in during the final scene. The cameras are placed in the hallway ceilings where the round shaped lights are installed.

Cameras did not zoom in and out. SP merely activated them or was closer to them. IE, when SP activates, by motion, the camera to record, even if SP leaves the hallway the camera continues to record for a few seconds longer.

When SP enters the last scene, coming from the auditorium area, into the hallway, the light is already on in the hallway. It always perplexed me that the camera was on when SP opens the door before he begins swinging his hammer to break the glass.

The reason the light was already on, is because SP had been in the hallway and entered the door further down the hall (you can see that door is still open) so when he pops out of the door, at the final scene, the camera did not have time to cut the recording before he exits the door in the last scene. Thus, the SPs movement was swift and kept the cameras from having time to shut off, when he exits the room, entering the hallway, to bang on the glass window.

Many thought he looked wimpy or as a female. That is not true. He was tapping the glass gently so he could pull it into the hallway as if it appeared to be broken while standing outside.

For Missy to be trapped, either she entered the alcove to go to the restroom or as she walked past the alcove, SP was able to attack from behind but, at the same time, he would need to drag her quickly into the alcove so it would not be on cctv.

Keep in mind that the dark blue walls forming the alcove are solid pieces of a material sort of like marble but not that expensive. So, those alcove walls can be washed down to remove any tissue and are not made of a material that requires painting. They are not sheetrock walls.

In fact, the alcove walls that are along the left side of the hallway do not go all the way to the ceiling. They may be 8' or even 7' tall as the alcove walls are not as tall as the ceiling.

As you leave out of the Restrooms, into the alcove, you would be facing the chairs. It was a sweet touch, as I could imagine a gentleman sitting while his wife powdered her nose.

Incidentally, the way the Church sits on the hill, it appears that the Porte Cochere is truly facing the west even though on the map it is marked as South. It can be confusing. All you really need to know, is that MBs vehicle was within 20', give or take, from where she died.

When I mentioned the interior doors were propped open in the SW corner, no one suggested a purpose for this. The interior glass doors in the SW corner, at least one of them is seen, when SP heads to the Dutch Door.

Someone propped those doors open with intention. It is my firm belief that SP exited the SW doors. When he left the alcove area, dashed through the propped open door and when reaching the exterior sliding doors, they automatically opened because they are being opened automatically when approached from within the interior of the Church.

SP could run along, past Missy's vehicle and continue along the South side of the exterior to the parking lot where the vehicle was parked in the SE corner. SWFA has a camera aimed at the Porte Cochere.

Could the SWFA camera pick up MB at the PC? Possibly but, it was raining and SWFA cameras had minimal condensation on them that we see when the white Altima does the drive through.

Could SWFA camera see SPs vehicle? Perhaps, but that corner of the CCoC parking lot has a tree that may interfere with the camera completely being able to capture the vehicle on cctv.

Given what I know about the layout, SP leaving where MB parked is the best option. It also explains why the exterior camera was not working. SP needed that camera to not be operational.

I have not been able to 100% conclude SPs ability to dart from the alcove back to the Kitchen without being caught on cctv.
Sounds very plausible but have you seen the blown up pictures of the main church lobby (Arkansas Mimi and someone else provided) on the later morning of MB's murder? If not, you should view them. It isn't totally clear but it appears there are EMTs there working at evidence collection. If I am incorrect on this or I'm dreaming, someone please correct me.

I thought a user here had already confirmed with MPD via a Facebook message that they saw Missy's truck in the church's parking lot from an SWFA camera?

Did somebody say that someone had recreated the SP's walk without the SWAT gear on? Can you link me to that? Thanks.

DeDee I know you and I have discussed some of this, but I still don't understand some aspects of your reasoning. Help me understand.

bbm

I agree on the murder scene. I’ve always looked at the alcove/bathroom area as being the location where it all went down. I think it’s possible that SP was actually inside one of the bathrooms when Missy walked into the bathroom, and the sudden confrontation in a confined space is what led to murder. I don’t think SP cared about being on camera doing the murder, since he didn’t care about being on camera any other time.

I continue to think it’s contrary to the murderer’s nature to go out in the way that the victim came in. He doesn’t know what’s out there. Elsewhere you have assigned a lot of cunning and intelligence to SP with regard to his planning of the event – so why would he go out by a way that he has not previously cleared, rather than go back the way he came and go out a door and directly to his car? He doesn’t know if another camper has arrived or if Missy had someone sitting in the truck. If he goes out that way, he is exposed to the unknown for the length of time it takes to get to where his car is. And I question why you think the car is parked in the SE corner? To me, it’s got to be N near the kitchen door by which he entered, or else around the corner to the NE. As secluded from the road as possible, and nearest to what we understand to be his entry point into the building. The SE puts him far away from anything resembling an exit point.

It also explains why the exterior camera was not working. SP needed that camera to not be operational.
MPD has always said that they don’t believe any cameras were tampered with. They also said that the exterior cameras worked intermittently, so I don’t see how SP could count on it to NOT be working, and yet not tamper with it.

You mentioned elsewhere in your post the following regarding the motion-activated camera:

So, we already see a lag in the camera picking up SP inbetween leaving the Dutch doors and starting to return from the other end of the hallway. And that is with SP moving in a very casual, unhurried manner. So to me it seems reasonable that in rushing to leave, SP would move faster than a camera could pick him up. Again, I don’t think he is thinking or caring about the camera picking him up. I think it’s just what ended up happening, and the recorded video of empty hallway, perhaps doors swinging shut, etc is what led MPD to say that he isn’t seen on camera but they presume left the same way he entered.

Is there a link to the full December 2016 SW that was unsealed mid-January? I recall Cannonball had a snippet of it in a Dropbox link a few months ago. If no link, can a layperson like me request a copy, or do you have to be in the legal profession? Thanks!

Did somebody say that someone had recreated the SP's walk without the SWAT gear on? Can you link me to that? Thanks.
A WebSluether, Batbrat, did the recreation. If someone has it readily available, would you link it, please.

If not, you'll need to go through each thread and highlight "Batbrat" in the search. It will bring up all Bratbats responses and hopefully the recreation.

Someone other than the killer has to know, I cannot imagine this killer did this all by himself w/o help perhaps from his wife. Whomever this person is I hope and pray they will open their heart and let it out, get it off their chest, do the right thing. The truth will set them free. I really do believe in this proverbial saying.. Remember in criminal law the early bird gets the worm. In other words if you are 1st to make it to the DA before other co-defendants do then you get the best deal maybe even total immunity ! I have seen some very sweet deals made by defendants who were very smart and had excellent lawyers. Please if you know something about this crime get a lawyer and bring an end to this horrific tragedy.

Just for reference, here is a real Texas SWAT officer:

[video=twitter;932422274107326464]https://twitter.com/BackTheCops/status/932422274107326464[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7