TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kaaboom, hey, if I could answer my own questions I wouldn't be here! So do you think that Missy went up to him and tried to identify him/challenge him, bearing in mind that she would not have been able to assess his age, strength etc? Having had quite a few tussles with men over the years! I think most men can pretty easily overpower most women unless the man is very impaired and/or the woman has some martial arts training which utilises skill rather than strength.

Certainly possible that this is some random violent, drugged up/inebriated wacko burglar but he has gone to great lengths to not only disguise himself but also to protect himself as if he expects a fight, and wants to prevent any victim gathering dna through scratches or hairpulling. And apparently no sexual assault as far as I know? All he's achieved is a brutal killing which will attract enormous attention to him.

Interesting that Brandon Bevers is talking again, suggests things are on the move possibly, especially with him involving his children. I am not in the US, can't see the interview on any website yet, does anyone have a link please? Thank you.

He certainly looked impaired to me, in the video. I don't know what martial arts training MB might have had. It wouldn't surprise me if she had some type of self defence training. The whole Gladiator Camp training thing, seems to me to be somewhat self defence oriented, in a subliminal way. Whatever motivated her, she lost.

Wow. Occams razor and the whole shoe fitting thing.

I hope LE checked out all the car rental agencies near Waxahachie for any white sedan rentals on the days surrounding MB's murder. There is a pretty clear video of a car that could be the perps vehicle. If LE could match up a similar white car rental then they may be able to match it up to a person even if name was faked on rental. Rentals usually require a credit card of some sort to rent one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqVA-79F8c

Thanks friends!! It's been awhile since I checked in and I had no idea that there was a specific person looked at this hard whose name was publicized.

That record certainly makes him seem like a good prospect.

Thanks friends!! It's been awhile since I checked in and I had no idea that there was a specific person looked at this hard whose name was publicized.

That record certainly makes him seem like a good prospect.

MPD has said that he is no longer a focus of the investigation. But you know how that goes. Like they said on the CrimeOnline podcast, their investigative strategy and their media response are two different things. Just like with the Altima vs. the dark SUV.

JMO
Whats really upsetting is it sounds like he got preferential treatment and either no sentence or lesser sentences just because he was at one time a peace officer. And then he becomes a habitual offender and still more favoritism.

In the 2003 incident it sounds like all he had to do was give up his peace officer license when a general public person would have probably got jail term. They make it sound like that was a real punishment giving up his license.

Its one thing to give favoritism if it is due the person and they show hopes of not doing bad things again but that apparently is not what we see here. We see favoritism for the sole reason he may have had ties to LE and then he goes aheads and still commits similar acts in the future.

Im sorry but I have seen so many examples of LE or ex-LE get favorable sentences or not guilty verdicts for no good reason other than their ties to LE. It should not be a free ticket to commit crimes just because one is employed or was emplyed in the past as a LE officer.

JMO
Whats really upsetting is it sounds like he got preferential treatment and either no sentence or lesser sentences just because he was at one time a peace officer. And then he becomes a habitual offender and still more favoritism.

In the 2003 incident it sounds like all he had to do was give up his peace officer license when a general public person would have probably got jail term. They make it sound like that was a real punishment giving up his license.

Its one thing to give favoritism if it is due the person and they show hopes of not doing bad things again but that apparently is not what we see here. We see favoritism for the sole reason he may have had ties to LE and then he goes aheads and still commits similar acts in the future.

Im sorry but I have seen so many examples of LE or ex-LE get favorable sentences or not guilty verdicts for no good reason other than their ties to LE. It should not be a free ticket to commit crimes just because one is employed or was emplyed in the past as a LE officer.

It's unfortunate but it's a reality in the real world. I wonder how those 1996 jurors feel now, if they know that he went on to re-offend in 2003 with exactly the same modus operandi? And that in his position as LE, possibly there could have been unreported offenses that occurred between 1996 and 2003 that no one knows about?

The acquittal in 1996 is mind-blowing. Not only did the victim (his wife's sister) testify against him, but so did his own stepmother, alleging two very similar offenses that occurred years before and showed a pattern of behavior. Juries give great weight to police officer testimony on the stand, which is why so many of us lose in court when we try to fight a speeding ticket and the officer shows up in full uniform.

Wow! Gross. So he was even at the funeral? You know how it's often said a killer will show up at the funeral for some reason? And interesting that the media zoned in on him
and his gait.

His gait seems indentical. So does his build. It fits perfectly to me with the fact that some thought the perp could be female. He has sort of an effeminate body and gait IMO.

Too many coincidences for me.

He worked the funeral because he was a licensed security guard (after giving up his peace officer license, he worked in Security for Marriott from 2005 to 2013). The probable cause affidavit from the December 2016 SW refers to him being "hired" by Creekside and also to him "volunteering". So it's unclear who reached out to whom.

Wow! Gross. So he was even at the funeral? You know how it's often said a killer will show up at the funeral for some reason? And interesting that the media zoned in on him
and his gait.

His gait seems indentical. So does his build. It fits perfectly to me with the fact that some thought the perp could be female. He has sort of an effeminate body and gait IMO.

Too many coincidences for me.

The news piece (the YouTube link) does say that he he passed a poly, his alibi checked out, and he was cleared though

So he had a connection to the church? And what about his supposed alibi?

The news piece (the YouTube link) does say that he he passed a poly, his alibi checked out, and he was cleared though

Maybe he's good at passing polygraphs. His alibi is literally that he was at his house. Was his wife truly awake during the time period in question? She's the only other person that could corroborate. And MPD has said that until there is a suspect, no one is truly cleared.

So he had a connection to the church? And what about his supposed alibi?

He worked at Cowboy Church for a time in some kind of custodial/janitorial type of role, I believe. He worked and attended there, according to the probable cause affidavit in his SW. Interestingly, the affidavit talks about their interview with him and the information that they got from him. They make it clear that he did NOT tell them he worked at and attended the same church as the Bevers. They had to find that out on their own.
attachment.php

Attachments

• BWH interview.jpg
    BWH interview.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 239
It's unfortunate but it's a reality in the real world. I wonder how those 1996 jurors feel now, if they know that he went on to re-offend in 2003 with exactly the same modus operandi? And that in his position as LE, possibly there could have been unreported offenses that occurred between 1996 and 2003 that no one knows about?

The acquittal in 1996 is mind-blowing. Not only did the victim (his wife's sister) testify against him, but so did his own stepmother, alleging two very similar offenses that occurred years before and showed a pattern of behavior. Juries give great weight to police officer testimony on the stand, which is why so many of us lose in court when we try to fight a speeding ticket and the officer shows up in full uniform.

JMO
You are so right that it is the reality of what occurs and I have finally and sadly accepted that it will likely always be this way.

As an example there was another fairly recent case I followed where a LE officer at the time had shot and killed the boyfriend of his daughter because he didnt like who she was hanging out with. I followed the case very closely and all indications were he drove over and killed the unarmed boy in a fit of rage. He drives over there hops out and shoots him dead in the street and then rushes home to hide the weapon for a few days which his wife helped hide. All evidence supported that and there were 3 mistrials because of hung juries and finally on the 4th attempt a guilty verdict because of a darn good DA who knew the person was guilty and kept trying to prosecute him.

The jury finally only convicted him of manslaughter and could not bring themselves to convict on the cold blooded murder it was. That 4th trial was the first time they had the lower offense option of manslaughter and it gave the jury the out they needed to still give him a little favoritism and yet still convict him of something because the evidence showed he did what he was being accused of.

http://ktul.com/news/local/closing-arguments-underway-in-shannon-keplers-4th-murder-trial

It also says they honed in on him because he walked with a limp and had access to equipment similar to the killer. Is that all? There must be some sort of connection between him and the church or Missy as well. Otherwise I'm sure thousands of people have limps and also access to such equipment.

Also, the report also inferred that he was held in jail for weeks until he was ultimately cleared due to passing a polygraph and having an alibi check out. But apparnrlty he was arrested for child *advertiser censored*. Unrelated to the murder. So he was not arrested due to suspicion by LE that he is connected to the murders.

So I am not impressed with the report's accuracy.

Has LE stated that he was "cleared" or that he has an established alibi?

I find it very suspicious that this man was at Missy Bevers funeral and that he was apparently a security guard for the church where she was murdered. That is considering his body and gait are a match, his access to police gear is a match, and he has a background that matched menacing women, sending weird messages and sexually abusing them in some way. (Missy apparently received scary messages and even if she wasn't sexually assaulted there could be many reasons for that, which still allow for a sexually motivated perp).

When ypu add his intimate knowledge of the church and its layout...hmmm.

He worked at Cowboy Church for a time in some kind of custodial/janitorial type of role, I believe. He worked and attended there, according to the probable cause affidavit in his SW. Interestingly, the affidavit talks about their interview with him and the information that they got from him. They make it clear that he did NOT tell them he worked at and attended the same church as the Bevers. They had to find that out on their own.
attachment.php

Very creepy.

RBBM,
As far as the 1996 Jury, they did their job for the case they were presented. It is not their job to think what may happen in the future. That is with any jury. And since this case is followed by some locals, or prev locals, chances could be a juror from then could be reading. It was not their fault for anything that came from their jury verdict. It falls on the Pros to present the case and convince them beyond a reasonable doubt. For whatever reason they weren't.

It also says they honed in on him because he walked with a limp and had access to equipment similar to the killer. Is that all? There must be some sort of connection between him and the church or Missy as well. Otherwise I'm sure thousands of people have limps and also access to such equipment.

Also, the report also inferred that he was held in jail for weeks until he was ultimately cleared due to passing a polygraph and having an alibi check out. But apparnrlty he was arrested for child *advertiser censored*. Unrelated to the murder. So he was not arrested due to suspicion by LE that he is connected to the murders.

So I am not impressed with the report's accuracy.

Has LE stated that he was "cleared" or that he has an established alibi?

I find it very suspicious that this man was at Missy Bevers funeral and that he was apparently a security guard for the church where she was murdered. That is considering his body and gait are a match, his access to police gear is a match, and he has a background that matched menacing women, sending weird messages and sexually abusing them in some way. (Missy apparently received scary messages and even if she wasn't sexually assaulted there could be many reasons for that, which still allow for a sexually motivated perp).

When ypu add his intimate knowledge of the church and its layout...hmmm.

He did not work at Creekside church where she was murdered (other than working the memorial service). He worked at and attended Cowboy Church, the church the Bevers family attended.

One very important detail that LE thought tied him in - a passerby reported seeing a small, dark SUV leave the Creekside parking lot at 4:30 am. BWH owns a small, dark SUV.

He did not work at Creekside church where she was murdered (other than working the memorial service). He worked at and attended Cowboy Church, the church the Bevers family attended.

One very important detail that LE thought tied him in - a passerby reported seeing a small, dark SUV leave the Creekside parking lot at 4:30 am. BWH owns a small, dark SUV.

Oh ok. Hmm. In a sense, even worse. He went to the same church as the victim, (and am I correct that he also stated he did not know her) didn't offer up that info and then somehow ended up as security guard for HER funeral at the church where she was murdered?

And the SUV stuff. There's a lot of coincidences.

Did LE say he was cleared?

Did LE say he had an ironclad alibi?

RBBM,
As far as the 1996 Jury, they did their job for the case they were presented. It is not their job to think what may happen in the future. That is with any jury. And since this case is followed by some locals, or prev locals, chances could be a juror from then could be reading. It was not their fault for anything that came from their jury verdict. It falls on the Pros to present the case and convince them beyond a reasonable doubt. For whatever reason they weren't.

I'm guessing the defense came up with some sort of angle that these were disgruntled women wanting to hurt him somehow with false accusations. And he was believed.

But I would definitely think what may happen in the future if i was a juror. I mean isn't that one of the major points of criminal prosecutions? To prevent future criminal activity by punishing and/or locking up the bad guy?

But if they didn't believe the victims and witnesses, well, here we are. However if they believed him over them due to his position at the time, then I could see how they would look back at the case and ponder if they made a mistake. I would if I had been on that jury. I would wonder if I had believed the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff