TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condolences to the family.

I also don’t think it was targeted. The actions to me speak of someone who isn’t expecting anyone to show up.

Smashing glass, walking around with a headlamp on shows that they didn’t think someone was coming any minute.

The murder weapon used, and the attempt of clean up also to me suggests that it wasn’t planned.

Even the way the perp walks past the glass doors and does not even glance outside to see if the poor victim was around. This was someone familiar with breaking into places and was not expecting anyone to arrive.

It is also odd to me for a muderer to spend so much time in a place with cameras before committing a murder, as the persons height, ethnicity, gait or mannerisms can be determined.

And the unique disguise would appear to be easily traceable with online purchases or credit credit card statements in a murder investigation, so potentially be a poor choice to have show up on CCTV.

The fact that there has so far been no arrest would also lend to this being a random, non-targeted, tragic killing.

The only thing that makes me doubt my thoughts is that why didn’t the perp simply run away when the victim showed up?

Could have been cornered (the alcove/bathroom theory). Might have even take helmet and balaclava off in the bathroom and, having been seen by her, didn't want to leave an identifying witness behind.

Could have been cornered (the alcove/bathroom theory). Might have even take helmet and balaclava off in the bathroom and, having been seen by her, didn't want to leave an identifying witness behind.

The SW did mention that the victim actually walked down the hallway to where the perp was (not the other way round) so potentially the perp did get trapped/suprised.

On the big question of whether this was targeted or not, I think the big answer lies in: Are there any other similar incidences (12 months before or after), in that area, breaking windows and doors (exterior and interior) at 2-5 a.m. IF this was un targeted,it is not an isolated case. One doesn’t get up willy-nilly one night and put on a police tactical uniform and brazenly B/E a building with a hammer just once. People have a modis operandi. There is a pattern of escalation or similarities. In a less densely populated area such as this, LE will be aware that there is a nut-job operating out there with X patterns far before it gets to this extreme.

And we haven’t heard much of anything and they don’t seem to be looking that direction. This looks way more like a single targeted individual, and we’ve seen nothing before or after to indicate otherwise.

I agree these type of nut jobs have a pattern and repeat the behavior over and over.

I am also wondering if his "costume" was indeed a costume. Meaning, he was playing out some online game in his mind. Some police drama. I'm getting "nut job" flags all over this case. People know this guy is "off". Weird Uncle that everyone keeps their kids away from.

I agree that pilfering could have been one of the motives, although I think it was secondary. If I read right, he did a lot of smashing of windows, destruction etc. I think the destruction was the primary interest. Probably gives him some sense of power, or maybe a release of some sort.

I agree he could be working, or has worked as a security guard; probably working the night shift to avoid human interaction as much as possible. In my amateur profile he is far too unstable and weird to be in LE.

Unlike fire starters who like to watch the aftermath, I think this guy probably moved from the area. I'd look at that angle too. Probably still lived with mama, or in some relatives basement.

Why do you think destruction is the primary interest? I know a lot of people have the idea that SP is walking around destroying stuff in that video, but IMO he isn't. It's all about getting into rooms. If a door is unlocked - even if the door has one of those narrow glass windows on it - he opens it and checks inside. He doesn't break the glass and he doesn't make pry marks to make it look like that room had been locked.

If he encounters a door that is locked and that has a narrow glass window, he breaks the glass. But that is so he can reach inside and unlock the door. He isn't breaking the glass just to break it.

When a door is locked and has no window, we see him half-heartedly try to pry it open but then he quickly gives up on that.

We can speculate on whether he's just clearing the building, or whether he's trying to prevent his victim from hiding from him later. But as far as wanton destruction - there isn't any, at least not in the footage that we see.

The SW did mention that the victim actually walked down the hallway to where the perp was (not the other way round) so potentially the perp did get trapped/suprised.

I think that is exactly what happened. Which leads me to another thought.
I would check who has committed suicide within a rational geo range since this attack occurred.

Why do you think destruction is the primary interest? I know a lot of people have the idea that SP is walking around destroying stuff in that video, but IMO he isn't. It's all about getting into rooms. If a door is unlocked - even if the door has one of those narrow glass windows on it - he opens it and checks inside. He doesn't break the glass and he doesn't make pry marks to make it look like that room had been locked.

If he encounters a door that is locked and that has a narrow glass window, he breaks the glass. But that is so he can reach inside and unlock the door. He isn't breaking the glass just to break it.

When a door is locked and has no window, we see him half-heartedly try to pry it open but then he quickly gives up on that.

We can speculate on whether he's just clearing the building, or whether he's trying to prevent his victim from hiding from him later. But as far as wanton destruction - there isn't any, at least not in the footage that we see.

You could certainly be right. I interpreted the video and the little I read differently. I am picking up on some juvenile enjoyment of his acts. I don't see the typical swift in and out maneuvers of a "traditional" thief. There seems to be more of an enjoyable, leisurely pace to his movements.
Just one person's interpretation of course.

He's probably a wanna be cop; a security guard or bouncer, and an overzealous one. Probably has attended police led civilian briefings, or gone on ride-a-longs etc. He might have even attempted to apply for a police job and didn't pass the psychological testing. I think it would be obvious that he is a bit "off".

While destroying property is his main thing, maybe a fire setter too, he might even be an amateur hacker. Probably plays a lot of police type games online.

That thought did strike me when I first viewed the Altima footage. Some wannabe cop/role player cruising around on patrol looking for ‘suspicious behaviour’.

I still mostly think it’s a tired traveller looking for a place to have a nap - then realising it’s impossible to fall asleep in a car (notice how the front seat is all the way back which looks like an attempt to try to get some rest).

It is odd they circled the whole building though

I find it particularly odd watching the beginning of the video where he is leisurely walking down the hall running his hand along the wall. That is what you see a kid do at school......that's a kid thing to do.

The last part of the video shows his shoes pretty well, although I can't tell if they are black athletic shoes or black steel toe boots like cops/security/mechanics wear. Can anyone tell?

On the big question of whether this was targeted or not, I think the big answer lies in: Are there any other similar incidences (12 months before or after), in that area, breaking windows and doors (exterior and interior) at 2-5 a.m. IF this was un targeted,it is not an isolated case. One doesn’t get up willy-nilly one night and put on a police tactical uniform and brazenly B/E a building with a hammer just once. People have a modis operandi. There is a pattern of escalation or similarities. In a less densely populated area such as this, LE will be aware that there is a nut-job operating out there with X patterns far before it gets to this extreme.

There may not be a big history of behaviour if there had only been a recent catalyst

Wouldn’t suprise me of the person has not even entered as a person of interest.

You’d have to be pretty jacked up in the head to think murdering someone (and someday getting caught) is worth not getting charged with breaking in somewhere. I don’t understand the logic of people thinking it wasn’t personal, but that’s JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d have to be pretty jacked up in the head to think murdering someone (and someday getting caught) is worth not getting charged with breaking in somewhere. I don’t understand the logic of people thinking it wasn’t personal, but that’s JMO.

The logic is that it was a vandal/thief who was caught off guard, startled, and lashed out. That conclusion is based on the movements and deameanor displayed in the video. Thieving gone bad with victim at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Amateur analysis, of course.

That's because you're a rational person sitting calmly at a keyboard and not in a high stress situation. People who are committing lesser crimes end up killing people all the time. It happens in a split second. There is no time to weigh the pros and cons - their action is taken instantaneously, instinctually and while in a panic.

Yes and they took nothing. Nothing from the church, not MBs jewelry, not her gun, not her IPad, not her truck. Nothing was taken. Perp overdressed in police gear, waits until nearly dawn to leave, MPD states early on perp did what they wanted to do to whom they wanted to do it to, LE releases that MB is having personal problems including marital, received creepy msg, stopped going to her gym several weeks prior. LE releases target list of individuals who had recently had phone contact with her prior to her death. Why would they care who’d talked to her if they thought she was the victim of a random break in/burglary. The loved ones of MB are not begging for tips, hitting up media pleading for tips etc. More points to targeted than untargeted IMHO.

Can someone fill me in on the outcome of the Dec 2016 search warrant for BWH? TYIA

That's because you're a rational person sitting calmly at a keyboard and not in a high stress situation. People who are committing lesser crimes end up killing people all the time. It happens in a split second. There is no time to weigh the pros and cons - their action is taken instantaneously, instinctually and while in a panic.

.....except they went to extreme length to wear an unusual & bulky outfit.....very specific....and seemed like they had all the time in the world to commit a B & E? Nope....doesn’t add up.

Burglars are cat-like, quick, skittish. They usually wear unidentifiable, dark, & comfortable clothing. They usually are repeat offenders; they keep stealing & May create a pattern.

Therefore, IMO this was no burglar or commonplace intruder. This was a premeditated & highly planned murder.

You could certainly be right. I interpreted the video and the little I read differently. I am picking up on some juvenile enjoyment of his acts. I don't see the typical swift in and out maneuvers of a "traditional" thief. There seems to be more of an enjoyable, leisurely pace to his movements.
Just one person's interpretation of course.

Agree with you totally on the "jaunty", "king of the cops" nature of this person. Makes him even more chilling to me. He looks like he's had a few drinks or something else to pep himself up. I still lean strongly toward a targeted murder, I think he was looking forward to what he was going to do. And a simple burglary with someone having all that time to wander about before and yet nothing being taken is never going to fly for me. A burglar is going to be in and out, not mess about.

That being said, if I was going to murder someone and wanted to make it look like a burglary, I'd make sure I took something? So the possiblity of this being some nutter who likes to dress up, or someone who had some grudge against or motive to target this church doesn't seem totally impossible to me. Someone this weird/ill, or on drugs (or not enough!) could behave very unpredictably.

Having said that though, if someone was planning to murder Missy this was probably one of the very few opportunities that they would get. They can't attack her in her home, as she has children, and there's a high chance of being seen going in or out. She also was a busy person, a social person, my sister is like this and tbh, is hardly ever alone. For someone who knew her routine well, the early morning at the church would be the one of the few times she would be vulnerable.

Regarding the risk of someone arriving with her, the person must have known, maybe even asked her or her children maybe about her procedure at the church. I used to work in a public building, we would enter, re-lock the doors while we were setting up, then re-open them at opening time. This was a large building and I think most women on their own would not leave the doors open while they knew they were alone. The other thing I wondered was maybe whether Missy arrived quite so early was maybe did she do a bit of a workout on her own before class?, I know some fitness instructors do. I'm pretty sure also that inside or outside, women at an exercise class would need access to the loos so I think it likely that people close to Missy would know that she would be opening up the church for that reason at the very least.

Just a question, I have never seen or read any comment from Missy's family (rather than the Bevers) apart from her sister-in-law. Are her parents around? Unless they are just don't feel able to deal with the media and that's certainly understandable, I would have thought that silence or maybe a lack of contact with Brandon Bevers is rather telling?

.....except they went to extreme length to wear an unusual & bulky outfit.....very specific....and seemed like they had all the time in the world to commit a B & E? Nope....doesn’t add up.

Burglars are cat-like, quick, skittish. They usually wear unidentifiable, dark, & comfortable clothing. They usually are repeat offenders; they keep stealing & May create a pattern.

Therefore, IMO this was no burglar or commonplace intruder. This was a premeditated & highly planned murder.

I agree that the choice of attire is extremely important. I think this is someone not functioning in a normal state of reality, who was attempting to live out some odd fantasy that went awry. But I agree that attire is key, and will most likely help lead LE to him.

I agree that the choice of attire is extremely important. I think this is someone not functioning in a normal state of reality, who was attempting to live out some odd fantasy that went awry. But I agree that attire is key, and will most likely help lead LE to him.

If this SP is mentally crazed, then he is working under a “disorganized” mind & would’ve already been apprehended in all likelihood.

What I see with SP is an organized mind & there are no coincidences. Every part of his atrocity was committed with precision right down to B.B. being out of state, the weather, the planned distraction of the odd Altima (a co-conspirator of SP perhaps), and perhaps some other things too. SP has killed before & was long gone before anyone knew what was going on—he’s a pro & he’s no kid, IMO.

Highly “organized” murderer.

I get the rational part..but, too many things in this case (that I won’t rehash for 100th time [emoji23]) that just don’t add up to it being a random thing. JMO

Also looking at the list of items seized from BWH (post #340) does the knee brace mean that he has a known mobility problem? And not sure what exactly what "dvd camera in a box" means? Does it mean just the box it came in, or is it possible that it's some sort of bodycam type thing? I know some people think the murder was filmed. I know police have them sometimes but I've never seen them in person so don't know if this would be identifiable on the video footage of the suspect? Do security guards wear them routinely also?
And does anyone know what the legal documents seized were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member