TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me run with this line of thinking. You believe this was a highly sophisticated hit person whose every step and breaking of glass was strategic and premeditated. A mastermind hit person. If that is the case, why is a mastermind hit person needed to kill a church lady fitness instructor (?) in a tiny town with less than 20k citizens? Where on earth would someone in Midlothian, Texas find a hitman?

Honesty I would not know where anyone would find one, but until an arrest it just as possible as any other theory. Doesn't mean killer is even from Midlothian TX. MPD has always apparently believed for some reason local residents were not at risk.

If it was vandalism, I might agree. But I think he was just using a burglary tool to gain entrance to various rooms. I haven't seen any evidence that he broke anything unnecessarily. Second, if that guy was under age 50, then he was in really bad shape for his age. I think he is over age 50 or seriously disabled. I wouldn't be surprised is he was a security guard, or unemployed security guard.

This is very possible as well. The reason I went to the young age is because the getup is so fanciful, and what he was doing looks like petty vandalism, something a teenager would do. But maybe the Perp has the mentality of a young teen.

This was a husband though, correct? I think the point was that a hired hit would most likely use a gun which would be "tidier" and quicker....no manual labor required. That sounds callous, but I'm sure you get my point.

Hitman killed her with a hammer

When did they clear virtually every person who knew MB? I remember hearing that those listed on sw’s were “no longer POI’s” at this time. That’s not everyone who virtually knew her. And no one is cleared until the murderer is arrested.

Midlothian PD: No family, friends or coworkers are suspects in Bevers murder

Earlier this month, police released new warrants targeting LinkedIn accounts and over seven weeks of phone records potentially connected to the murder. Several family members, friends and coworkers were named in the warrants.

Johnson on Friday said none of the people named in those warrants are suspects in the case. Family members each have “detailed alibis” that has been “corroborated through independent sources,” he said.

Midlothian PD_ No family, friends or coworkers are suspects in Bevers murder _ WFAA.com.html

Respectfully not all hits are with a gun. There's many threads on WS on this case and the Pros are seeking death penalty

"Teresa Sievers, 46, a holistic physician and mother of two, was found bludgeoned to death in the kitchen of her Bonita Springs home last June. Investigators recovered a hammer with blood and hair on it nearby." http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/2...-in-doctors-murder-including-her-husband.html

And we do not know what the motive is yet as we don't know who did it, yet.

Marital problems and a four million dollar insurance policy. That will do it. But investigators have found nothing like that in this case. You can always find a man bites dog case if you look hard enough, but that doesn't make it likely.

This is very possible as well. The reason I went to the young age is because the getup is so fanciful, and what he was doing looks like petty vandalism, something a teenager would do. But maybe the Perp has the mentality of a young teen.

Even old guys can play cop though. He could be a wannabe cop.

Marital problems and a four million dollar insurance policy. That will do it. But investigators have found nothing like that in this case. You can always find a man bites dog case if you look hard enough, but that doesn't make it likely.

Well SW read even the one Dec 2016 still looking for tools. 2) we do not know about insurance in this case at all 3) wasn't looking for a dog bite case, just one that was recently in news high profile when this murder happened. You made reference that hits don't happen with a hammer. Just showing that they do.

In my opinion this was very definitely a targeted killing. Let's say for a minute that this was an interrupted burglary - SP is dressed like a cop and could easily manipulate the situation, e.g. "I'm going to need you to wait outside ma'am" or something like that. Why in the world would SP dress like a cop and then randomly, unnecessarily kill someone??

Only two reasons why SP didn't use the cop outfit to get out of the situation: either MB recognized SP so she had to be killed, or SP was there to kill MB in the first place. IMO it was the latter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Which posts? Could you give me a hint? There over 700 in this thread alone.
I try to read every post. I check in maybe 2 times a day. I have a general sense of who and how people on this thread think. Respectfully, that's much harder to do than post willy nilly.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

If wet potentially DNA could come off with water? :thinking:
I'm also wondering if there were paper towels or napkins in the kitchen. I'm sure they checked the wastebasket. If there were discarded paper napkins, I'm hoping they saved them.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

bbm
Maybe, the real murderer was hidden the same time, when his accomplice padded easily drunk along the hallways and played with the cameras and unknown double dutch doors.
This🔺
I would not be surprised in the least with this scenario and/or the car at the gun store being part of the plan, both meant to be some sort of diversion.

I see all the speculation about SP having taken tools with them to use to kill MB, in lieu of a gun, and mention that LE is still looking for tools like that, and I feel like it's a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Why did SP have those tools? It was to break in, and to use to access areas that he anticipated might be locked and in need of a hammer, a crowbar, and so on. So logically that's what he happened to be carrying when he encountered MB entering the building, and at the moment of interaction decided (or felt forced) to kill for some reason, rather than simply flee. You bring the tools you need for the reason you are there, and the reason the perp had hammer and crowbar and so on rather than a gun was because his tools were break-in tools, not murder tools.

That hints at "wrong place wrong time" murder, and other things fit too.

The deliberate wandering in the building? Looking for things of value. He thought he had plenty of time. He didn't even know she would be there. He expected to be alone for several more hours. The feeling the walls? It was dark and he was somewhat feeling his way the first time down a hall. Why would he think a church had something of value to steal? The better question is, if they did or didn't, how would he know otherwise. He would only have to THINK they had retained a hefty offering there somewhere (and for all we know, maybe they did) in order to motivate him to break into this very secluded large church in the middle of nowhere on the night after Sunday services.

I've never quite bought the targeted idea because it assumes that someone is motivated to murder over a connection so slight and so unobvious that LE can't even find it. If this was targeted, it was someone who went to great lengths to do so, which infers very strong motivation, not just some aggravation. Sure, it's possible someone can murder for the tiniest of reasons, but that's not a likely occurrence. This was not a video game where someone crosses you so the easy answer is to kill them - people don't jump to murder that easily in real life.

Why did he leave without taking anything? Because his search for value was abruptly interrupted, and the risk of staying and looking further (with a dead body on the ground) was suddenly way too high. And if one person (MB) had come, then maybe more were to follow. Gotta go, and save the robbery for a different place instead.

This was a husband though, correct? I think the point was that a hired hit would most likely use a gun which would be "tidier" and quicker....no manual labor required. That sounds callous, but I'm sure you get my point.

The husband did not physically do the killing, he hired a guy per say.

Agree with this speculation 100%.

However, I do want to thank all of you for the opinions, and being so respectful to my posts. You are all a very nice thread of people, and obviously care about what happened to this lovely gal.

At this point, I would be looking at any potential connections to that gun store, and I would be looking with great scrutiny at any vendors/service providers that work around the church. Petty criminal types with perhaps lower level intellectual capacity.

For those of you who feel strongly this was a premeditated hit, I would look at the obvious social misfits at the gym. She probably rebuffed someone and didn't even know it. Second choice on premeditated would be related to a love interest. But as I said, I'm still voting on the random wacko.

Editing to add an afterthought which won't be a popular opinion, but here goes. I wouldn't be surprised if this were someone quite young....perhaps somehow connected to the church...if only loosely. The getup is juvenile and so are their burglar abilities. This seems more like juvenile vandalism.

Possible planned murder. Possible planned robbery that went sideways. And your scenario above. I can see a possibility for all of them, but the vandalism aspect is what I believe is most likely here.

I see all the speculation about SP having taken tools with them to use to kill MB, in lieu of a gun, and mention that LE is still looking for tools like that, and I feel like it's a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Why did SP have those tools? It was to break in, and to use to access areas that he anticipated might be locked and in need of a hammer, a crowbar, and so on. So logically that's what he happened to be carrying when he encountered MB entering the building, and at the moment of interaction decided (or felt forced) to kill for some reason, rather than simply flee. You bring the tools you need for the reason you are there, and the reason the perp had hammer and crowbar and so on rather than a gun was because his tools were break-in tools, not murder tools.

That hints at "wrong place wrong time" murder, and other things fit too.

The deliberate wandering in the building? Looking for things of value. He thought he had plenty of time. He didn't even know she would be there. He expected to be alone for several more hours. The feeling the walls? It was dark and he was somewhat feeling his way the first time down a hall. Why would he think a church had something of value to steal? The better question is, if they did or didn't, how would he know otherwise. He would only have to THINK they had retained a hefty offering there somewhere (and for all we know, maybe they did) in order to motivate him to break into this very secluded large church in the middle of nowhere on the night after Sunday services.

I've never quite bought the targeted idea because it assumes that someone is motivated to murder over a connection so slight and so unobvious that LE can't even find it. If this was targeted, it was someone who went to great lengths to do so, which infers very strong motivation, not just some aggravation. Sure, it's possible someone can murder for the tiniest of reasons, but that's not a likely occurrence. This was not a video game where someone crosses you so the easy answer is to kill them - people don't jump to murder that easily in real life.

Why did he leave without taking anything? Because his search for value was abruptly interrupted, and the risk of staying and looking further (with a dead body on the ground) was suddenly way too high. And if one person (MB) had come, then maybe more were to follow. Gotta go, and save the robbery for a different place instead.

Along the lines of my thinking. Wrong place, wrong time. I tend to believe it was a vandalism, but the outcome is same - unplanned murder. The reason for the multiple hits is Missy likely wasn't going to stand still while SP took a swing at here. Maybe there are multiple hits because Missy did not go down right away. I tend to believe SP's intention was to incapacitate Missy so he could escape without anyone noting a car description, license plate or direction of travel.

Let me run with this line of thinking. You believe this was a highly sophisticated hit person whose every step and breaking of glass was strategic and premeditated. A mastermind hit person. If that is the case, why is a mastermind hit person needed to kill a church lady fitness instructor (?) in a tiny town with less than 20k citizens? Where on earth would someone in Midlothian, Texas find a hitman?

Perhaps I am wrong in my assumption that a hitman implies a paid hit to kill someone.

My personal POI was not paid. SP did it for selfish reasons. SP is a heretic who played the role of God in judgements and assumptions. SP was killing a perceived threat. SP, in SPs own mind, did it for the betterment of the community and especially for SPs own family.

Perhaps I am wrong in my assumption that a hitman implies a paid hit to kill someone.

My personal POI was not paid. SP did it for selfish reasons. SP is a heretic who played the role of God in judgements and assumptions. SP was killing a perceived threat. SP, in SPs own mind, did it for the betterment of the community and especially for SPs own family.

I agree with this motive. IMO

JMO If targeted then perp wanted it to look like a break in/ burglary so LE and others would think MB was in the wrong place at the wrong time;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also agree with this. I think SP was making it look like a break in- smash this, open this door, oh break this glass too etc. I just don't see how this was an actual burglary gone wrong. Maybe someone with a weird fetish of playing a cop/security guard after hours broke in to play for the cameras, gone wrong but even that is a stretch in my mind. It's just almost impossible for me to believe she interrupted a robbery since nothing was missing and nothing valuable from her (that we know of) was taken. IMO

Just to play Devil's Advocate: *IF* this was a burglary gone wrong- what is the typical profile of a robber? I tried to find something concrete online more than an info graphic. What I found is most robbers are male 25 years and younger who live within 2 miles of the target. -obviously IMO and hearsay since I haven't found a reputable link with the info

IMO

I got a new picture from Creekside yesterday. This is the SW covered awning (porte cochere) entrance, where Missy parked that morning just outside the double doors. I have to admit, it doesn't look like I envisioned. Some thoughts:

1. It's really open. I think I envisioned it being more walled off. Inside the second set of doors is a men's bathroom that is on the same plane as the main doors. Then after that, there is a water fountain with a clock above it. You can't see beyond that, but I am told the women's bathroom is next, followed by classroom 4. So if SP attacked Missy at these bathrooms, he didn't do it from a place of hiding unless he was IN the bathroom.

2. The two surveillance cameras are visible. One is above the Exit sign and the other is on the (8 ft?) drop ceiling. These cameras are not concealed in light fixtures. They're the same cameras in the same locations as 2016.

Does anyone notice anything else?

cache.php

Attachments

• entryway.png
    entryway.png
    139 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online