TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take this a step further and call the hammer a Rock Pick Hammer. This specific tool was used to lead astray LE; thereby, misleading us. When the CCTV was first released, people saw the "wimpy" manner in which SP breaks the glass when SP was tapping glass gently so it could be pulled inside the building. Yet folks stated it had to be a female which offered LE a way to agree. LE was savvy with their claim. LE was making SP think they were not sure of the gender. Bah.

SP intentionally impersonated not only SWAT Police but certain potential POIs. SP is very clever. He is no fool but SP wants to fool us into believing he is the "i" word, idiot when SP is far from being one.

attachment.php

attachment.php
bbm
IMHO, it's a claw hammer. I'm attaching a zoomed in version of the second screenshot you posted. I've inserted images of a rock pick hammer and a claw hammer.

Notice that a rock pick hammer is not equidistant along the top. To anyone who has seen the movie Alien, the creature's head is a lot like a rock pick hammer - it tapers to a point in back.

A claw hammer, on the other hand, IS equidistant along the top. It forms a "T" along the top.

When I look at the object in SP's hand, I note that the front part of the head is flared out a little larger, and it's skinnier as you move back from that striking surface toward the center. That to me is more like a claw hammer (wider front surface because you're typically hammering nails) than a rock pick hammer, in which you don't need a wider front because you're not hitting smaller nail heads, you're hitting a rock surface that is often wider than the hammer itself).

And to your theory about breaking the glass and pulling it gently into the building, a rock pick hammer doesn't seem to me to be as good at that kind of move as a claw hammer. The rock pick hammer's finely tapered point is good for punching a hole, but not so much for pulling the pieces back. The curved claw of a claw hammer would do a better job of pulling the pieces out toward you, IMHO.

I also think the angle of a typical claw hammer's handle is a better match for what we see SP holding.

attachment.php

Attachments

• hammer compare.PNG
    hammer compare.PNG
    776.4 KB · Views: 391
I'd take this a step further and call the hammer a Rock Pick Hammer. This specific tool was used to lead astray LE; thereby, misleading us. When the CCTV was first released, people saw the "wimpy" manner in which SP breaks the glass when SP was tapping glass gently so it could be pulled inside the building. Yet folks stated it had to be a female which offered LE a way to agree. LE was savvy with their claim. LE was making SP think they were not sure of the gender. Bah.

SP intentionally impersonated not only SWAT Police but certain potential POIs. SP is very clever. He is no fool but SP wants to fool us into believing he is the "i" word, idiot when SP is far from being one.

View attachment 128154

View attachment 128153

Your Rock Pick theory is pure conjecture, correct? I have found no mention of this tool by LE or MSM.

As for the suspect "pulling glass into the building" I don't think we ever see an exterior window broken in the video. My impression is that all damage we see done is to interior church features.

I still think it is a woman based on the choice of weapon used.

This person wanted missy to feel pain and to suffer imo.

Jmo

Another thing about the hammer. I managed to capture this shot toward the end of the video as SP brings the hammer up to strike his first blow against the glass. It's pretty clear, IMHO, that this is a hammer that has the traditional "T" shape of a claw hammer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• hammerglass.jpg
    hammerglass.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 57
  • hammerglass.jpg
    hammerglass.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 368
Just thinking out loud, my hope would be that someone intimately familiar with churches would recognize the object but the fact that no one has yet may be a clue, as in maybe it is not an object traditionally associated with a church environment?

From what I have seen in evangelical type protestant churches, there are no specialized worship objects. Rather, with the exception of bibles, a wall type cross, and say, a donation box, there is no difference from their supplies and that of a small office. In short, the object is probably just an office supply item.

Still can’t get on board with random burglary. I think this perp was extremely skilled and had to act as if they didn’t know what they’re doing to avoid giving any hints as to their true identity. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can’t get on board with random burglary. I think this perp was extremely skilled and had to act as if they didn’t know what they’re doing to avoid giving any hints as to their true identity. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, and why would a burglar who was dressed to be completely unidentifiable hammer a small woman to death who was no threat to him when he could easily have just pushed her to ground, concussed her or tied her up to give him time to escape? Strong as she was I doubt Missy was trying to make a citizen's arrest when she was attacked. She would have just got out of his way.

I also find it hard to believe that another woman would take the risk of attacking such a fit person as Missy even if she would have the element of surprise. Highly risky that it could all go wrong and your victim could get the weapon off you. Even with a vicious weapon you would still need considerable strength to actually kill someone in this way. I think this crime shows considerable planning, but with a fatal flaw. Yes the murderer is heavily disguised but I think most people who have a distinctive gait aren't that aware of it themselves, it's other people who find it strange. I'm pinching someone else's phrase (apologies I have forgotten who), but if something looks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it probably is a duck....

In other ways I think the perp has covered their path well enough so LE feel they don't have enough of a case. I hope they find a way to make one.

attachment.php
bbm
IMHO, it's a claw hammer. I'm attaching a zoomed in version of the second screenshot you posted. I've inserted images of a rock pick hammer and a claw hammer.

Notice that a rock pick hammer is not equidistant along the top. To anyone who has seen the movie Alien, the creature's head is a lot like a rock pick hammer - it tapers to a point in back.

A claw hammer, on the other hand, IS equidistant along the top. It forms a "T" along the top.

When I look at the object in SP's hand, I note that the front part of the head is flared out a little larger, and it's skinnier as you move back from that striking surface toward the center. That to me is more like a claw hammer (wider front surface because you're typically hammering nails) than a rock pick hammer, in which you don't need a wider front because you're not hitting smaller nail heads, you're hitting a rock surface that is often wider than the hammer itself).

And to your theory about breaking the glass and pulling it gently into the building, a rock pick hammer doesn't seem to me to be as good at that kind of move as a claw hammer. The rock pick hammer's finely tapered point is good for punching a hole, but not so much for pulling the pieces back. The curved claw of a claw hammer would do a better job of pulling the pieces out toward you, IMHO.

I also think the angle of a typical claw hammer's handle is a better match for what we see SP holding.

attachment.php
Breaching or entry hammer would explain the outward more pointed taper of the "claw".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171226-202951.jpg
    Screenshot_20171226-202951.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 211
I agree, and why would a burglar who was dressed to be completely unidentifiable hammer a small woman to death who was no threat to him when he could easily have just pushed her to ground, concussed her or tied her up to give him time to escape? Strong as she was I doubt Missy was trying to make a citizen's arrest when she was attacked. She would have just got out of his way.

I also find it hard to believe that another woman would take the risk of attacking such a fit person as Missy even if she would have the element of surprise. Highly risky that it could all go wrong and your victim could get the weapon off you. Even with a vicious weapon you would still need considerable strength to actually kill someone in this way. I think this crime shows considerable planning, but with a fatal flaw. Yes the murderer is heavily disguised but I think most people who have a distinctive gait aren't that aware of it themselves, it's other people who find it strange. I'm pinching someone else's phrase (apologies I have forgotten who), but if something looks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it probably is a duck....

In other ways I think the perp has covered their path well enough so LE feel they don't have enough of a case. I hope they find a way to make one.

You just answered your own question, "Strong as she was". She was stronger then he was. The perpetrator was not even walking very well. All indications are that MB was a lot more physically fit then he was. Even if she wasn't a physical threat to him, which she probably was. She was at very least a threat to his freedom, if she identified him.

Haven't really followed this thread much, so I spent some time watching the sureveillance video. Really taken by the penguin walk this person has and surprised that in a small town, no one has recognized this person's walk.

Found the following article very interesting and maybe someone out there knows a person in that area with a diagnosis such as these.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3437904/Waddling-sign-disease-walk-reveals-health.html

You are assuming that he is from that town. He could be from anywhere. He could easily be a drifter, who just happened into that town that night.

You are assuming that he is from that town. He could be from anywhere. He could easily be a drifter, who just happened into that town that night.

Very true. Or someone from the next town over like the Seminole Heights killer.

Another thing about the hammer. I managed to capture this shot toward the end of the video as SP brings the hammer up to strike his first blow against the glass. It's pretty clear, IMHO, that this is a hammer that has the traditional "T" shape of a claw hammer.

attachment.php

Does anyone have an opinion on what looks like a distinctive white stripe just above the grip on the hammer?

bbm

attachment.php

This pleases me so very much. Thank you, Cannonball.

Ths SS on Post #144 is amazingly clear. Jolly Good Job!

ocgrad! Oh, yes! SP had more than one hammer. This is great work team!

Just think it was this time last year(well 3 days from now ) that Ezrah told me about the SWFA video on Youtube! Makes me kinda laugh all the foolish stuff "SEEN" that is not there.

This pleases me so very much. Thank you, Cannonball.

Ths SS on Post #144 is amazingly clear. Jolly Good Job!

ocgrad! Oh, yes! SP had more than one hammer. This is great work team!

IMHO, SP had one hammer. A hammer is a wieldy device and it would be very uncomfortable for SP to haul around two different hammers in a tactical vest.

The pic in post 144 has some blur because of SP's movement at the time. So it's hard to say definitively that it's a claw hammer, but it sure looks like one to me. I think to go beyond claw hammer to specialized breaching tools is not in keeping with Occam's Razor, which I heartily believe in.

I'm much more interested in that white stripe. Is it painted into the design? Is it white tape? Is it a price sticker? (that last one is doubtful, because a price sticker wrapped around a small diameter like that is not going to be scannable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413