TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be two pieces of video from two separate cameras (one from each) spliced together.

Missy would first appear on a video from the SW camera that looks east (looks down the south hall) as it is the only camera that shows the doors at the SW. In this video she would appear at the right of the view and cross the view to the left (heading north) - a distance of 20 feet or so. Once she went out of range of that camera at the left of the view she would then appear on a video from the SW camera that looks north (shows the west hall) before going out of range of that camera - she would be seen from behind in this video. Those two videos would have to be spliced together to make one video sequence to show Missy enter and continue on to the north and then out of view.

This two camera sequence is most likely.

For completeness, if Missy only appeared on one camera there are 4 scenarios.

1. She only appears on the SW camera looking north (shows the west hall). This would be least likely because all the various descriptions mention seeing Missy entering the church and it is physically impossible for this camera to show her entering the church since it is looking in the opposite direction of the doors she entered and it would only show her from behind walking north.

2. She only appears on the SW camera looking east (shows the south hall). Missy crosses from left to right and goes out of view. This would mean that the SW camera looking north is no longer functioning.

3. She only appears on the SW camera looking east (shows the south hall). Missy heads to the alcove at the SW doors of the auditorium where we last saw SP in the South hall and goes out of view.

4. She only appears on the SW camera looking east (shows the south hall). Missy heads down the south hall until she goes out of range of the camera.

Those 5 scenarios are the entirety of the video possibilities showing Missy.

For those reading along that have trouble with the directions/halls/etc. I have attached two images.

The first image shows the view that the first camera has - Missy almost certainly appears on video from this camera.
The second image shows the view that the second camera has - Missy should have appeared on video from this camera as well.
Hi Jethro
Thanks for this posting. I have 2 questions,
1- would she have been seen by the SW cameras if she were closer to the restrooms which appear directly under the SW cameras?
2- in the past threads wasn’t there measurements done that concluded how far someone would have to be (ex: walking north on the west hall) before the cameras motion stopped?

Hi Jethro
1- would she have been seen by the SW cameras if she were closer to the restrooms which appear directly under the SW cameras?
2- in the past threads wasn’t there measurements done that concluded how far someone would have to be (ex: walking north on the west hall) before the cameras motion stopped?

Mistree, I am not Jethro, but the cut off point for the SW cam seems to be right there, where SP first appears on the W hallway.

ALL IMO

-Nin

The first image shows the view that the first camera has - Missy almost certainly appears on video from this camera.
The second image shows the view that the second camera has - Missy should have appeared on video from this camera as well.

RSBM

Thank you for sharing those pictures. I know that I have seen them before, but I saw them in a different light today. And the image of the camera looking down the west hallway reminds me that SP left the door to room #2 open!

Mistree, I think that MB could have avoided the camera looking east if she entered using the door(s) closer to the restroom. However, I don't recall if the set of doors on the left (heading north) were locked. You can use the tiles as a frame of reference (the east facing camera captures about half of the west hallway).

Last edited:
Hi Jethro
The distance where motion is detected with respect to SP when SP is coming south in the west hall (toward the camera) is approximately 38-40 feet.

The point where motion ceases to be detected and the camera stops recording when moving away from that camera (i.e. north) is likely to be a little further based on how I believe the cameras work so perhaps up to 45 feet.

Hi Jethro
There is no way to enter at the SW and avoid the camera that has those doors in view. If you look at the image you can see at the left corner that strip of white. That white strip separates the doors from the windows further right. It is the reciprocal of what you see on the left side (toward the top right of the image). So the entirety of the entrance doors are in view.

One could come into the building and be seen by that camera and then go off camera by going toward the bathrooms and then not appear on camera again until you are within the view of the camera looking north.

The distance where motion is detected with respect to SP when SP is coming south in the west hall (toward the camera) is approximately 38-40 feet.

The point where motion ceases to be detected and the camera stops recording when moving away from that camera (i.e. north) is likely to be a little further based on how I believe the cameras work so perhaps up to 45 feet.
Thanks Jethro

There is no way to enter at the SW and avoid the camera that has those doors in view. If you look at the image you can see at the left corner that strip of white. That white strip separates the doors from the windows further right. It is the reciprocal of what you see on the left side (toward the top right of the image). So the entirety of the entrance doors are in view.

One could come into the building and be seen by that camera and then go off camera by going toward the bathrooms and then not appear on camera again until you are within the view of the camera looking north.
Thanks Jethro, your second paragraph is what I was most specifically interested in.

Does anyone have a picture from the west hallway looking back at the SW entrance?

If you mean from main (west) hall looking toward entrance where Missy came in, the only ones I've seen are stills from original videos of SP snooping around and the sw doors are barely visible. jmo

Random thought this morning: Could the SWFA video time be off an hour due to not changing time for Daylight Savings Time? I was thinking about a time years ago when I lived above a store that got burglarized. The cops were perplexed because both me and my neigbor said the time we heard a noise was 8 but the store's security system recorded 9 as the time of break-in.
(Note: I haven't analyzed this deeply but felt compelled to share this question. Most recently, I thought the SWFA video car ws just a lovers' search for a private spot.)

My guess is that SP KNEW that Missy would recognize her, thus the ridiculous unisex get-up. (Always makes me laugh, when I see SP because I'm reminded of "Pat" from SNL, lol.) jmo
I thought that the outfit was also to get Missy to stop. When we see authority, we don't normally think "danger." I wish that Missy could have pulled off her helmet!

Random thought this morning: Could the SWFA video time be off an hour due to not changing time for Daylight Savings Time? I was thinking about a time years ago when I lived above a store that got burglarized. The cops were perplexed because both me and my neigbor said the time we heard a noise was 8 but the store's security system recorded 9 as the time of break-in.
(Note: I haven't analyzed this deeply but felt compelled to share this question. Most recently, I thought the SWFA video car ws just a lovers' search for a private spot.)
Good thinking, but seems almost certain that wouldn't be an unresolved issue.

LE are professionals, and I'd wager a clock verification would be standard procedure when using video with a time stamp. And it would have been simple to verify - just look at the system clock in real time, and observe if something is clearly amiss in the time stamp.

In addition, MB had every reason to be there as late as possible (with kids being left home alone), which fits with her arrival on cams at about 4:15-4:20. Putting her there at 3:15 just doesn't fit anything we know.

BWH who was the prime person of interest for the first 1-1/2 years of the investigation, was a former military AND former police officer.

Given that BWH checked so many boxes and was first interviewed May 6, one has to wonder how thorough police were in investigating others such as CW. There are at least two other police officers that have been mentioned in social media with peripheral connections to Missy. I won’t give their initials because they’ve never been named in either public documents or in MSM.
Do you think that SP is a male or a female? Forgive me, if you have already answered this question.

Good thinking, but seems almost certain that wouldn't be an unresolved issue.

LE are professionals, and I'd wager a clock verification would be standard procedure when using video with a time stamp. And it would have been simple to verify - just look at the system clock in real time, and observe if something is clearly amiss in the time stamp.

In addition, MB had every reason to be there as late as possible (with kids being left home alone), which fits with her arrival on cams at about 4:15-4:20. Putting her there at 3:15 just doesn't fit anything we know.
I think that @scoodyboo was talking about the SWFA cameras and that instead of it being 1:58 AM to 2:04 AM that if there was a time issue it would be 2:58 to 3:04 AM instead.

But I would think LE would verify the timestamp accuracy.

Did MPD ever say anything in regards to that video related to time? Or are the time references coming from media speaking with SWFA? We know that SWFA released it on their own and it was out there several weeks before the media was pointed to it to get stories going. I can't recall what MPD had to say about that video in terms of any specifics.

I asked the owner of SWFA about this. He said there were no time stamp inaccuracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member