TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I respect everyone's views but I just can't wrap my head around the targeted theory.

If targeted, why not kill Missy at her house, or close to her house? If targeted, they'd know her hubs was out of town. If targeted, they'd know the reason Missy was going to the church: to lead an exercise class i.e. they'd know several people were going to be there.

I can't find the images now, but I remember when this case was more fresh, someone mapped out the route from Missy's home to the church using Google street view. So many quiet, near-desolate spots along the way from her house to he church, where she could've been ambushed easily. I just can't make sense of the plan being to ambush Missy at the church that morning. I mean, even killing her in the church parking lot would make (slightly) more sense than smashing out a ton of glass and wandering around inside the church waiting for her.

I respect everyone's views but I just can't wrap my head around the targeted theory.

If targeted, why not kill Missy at her house, or close to her house? If targeted, they'd know her hubs was out of town. If targeted, they'd know the reason Missy was going to the church: to lead an exercise class i.e. they'd know several people were going to be there.

I can't find the images now, but I remember when this case was more fresh, someone mapped out the route from Missy's home to the church using Google street view. So many quiet, near-desolate spots along the way from her house to he church, where she could've been ambushed easily. I just can't make sense of the plan being to ambush Missy at the church that morning. I mean, even killing her in the church parking lot would make (slightly) more sense than smashing out a ton of glass and wandering around inside the church waiting for her.
I'm not really married to either theory, but it is possible to target someone and not know where they live or personal where abouts of their family. It honestly could have been someone from the yoga class or previous member of the yoga class. It could have been someone mad at the church and Missy was collateral damage. The only thing standing in the way of me being completely on board with untargeted attack is the disguise. It's a little above and beyond for just a burglary or ransack. A balaclava a grungy clothes probably would suffice for a trespass and ransack of a church. JMO

I'm not really married to either theory, but it is possible to target someone and not know where they live or personal where abouts of their family. It honestly could have been someone from the yoga class or previous member of the yoga class. It could have been someone mad at the church and Missy was collateral damage. The only thing standing in the way of me being completely on board with untargeted attack is the disguise. It's a little above and beyond for just a burglary or ransack. A balaclava a grungy clothes probably would suffice for a trespass and ransack of a church. JMO
I agree with not being particularly married to any one idea in this case. For me, I’m leaning toward against the idea this was an untargeted attack because missy said in the weeks prior she felt like she was being stalked or watched. MOO for now since I don’t have a quick link ready.

Missy was, afaik, stalked at her gym and therefore felt unsafe there and wasn't herself the last time, she worked out (owners said so, as far as I remember). She got a creepy message on LinkedIn, which frightened her and which she showed to her friend. Her husband feared for her safety at the camps and bought her or bought with her a gun for self-defense.
It isn't useful to know, but I just today was thinking, whether she went (with BB?) to the SFWA, where during the night of her murder a Nissan Altima (?) was aimlessly cruising around. Does someone know, when it was, that Missy got her gun?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28
Back