TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol Daniels?

If so, no arrest as far as I know, I don't follow the case closely though.

I thought she was murdered in Oklahoma? I don't believe her killer has been caught either.

BB said there are private people who also wish to donate reward money. See comment section.

I noticed that comment the other day - why would he post it there instead of just asking the MPD how to go about it? I found that a little strange IMO.

There are probably a whole bunch of us that have never been convinced the suspect is a female. So you'll hear opinions from both sides on this subject.

Are you basing this on the gait and general look of the perp in the video or more? Why could a female NOT be the person in the video? Can you make any estimate of height, weight, shoe size? I really don't know. I suspect a female, so I'd like to know your thoughts as to why male. Thanks! JMO

I noticed that comment the other day - why would he post it there instead of just asking the MPD how to go about it? I found that a little strange IMO.

I saw it too. And I honestly forgot about it. He isn't a stranger to visiting the police and giving info. Why not just ask a detective how to? Weird.

I don't think BB is involved though, so not a huge thing for me to dwell on. Hence me forgetting.

All JMO JMO JMO.

I thought she was murdered in Oklahoma? I don't believe her killer has been caught either.

Yeah Oklahoma, the town is like 4 hours away, that's the only case fitting that description I know of though.

I am local and have no first hand information where MB would have stayed in Austin, but it is my understanding it would have been unusual for it to be a hotel. I have a very good friend that is a Camp Gladiator trainer in the DFW metroplex which attended the Austin event the week prior to MB. My understanding from her is that trainers were expected to attend one of the two weekends for training and recruitment. My friend was hosted by an Austin Camp Gladiator trainer in their private home to keep the cost down for everyone...and it also seems to be part of their "culture" for lack of a better word.

There is a similar training/recruitment event happening in the DFW area beginning this weekend so my local friend is returning the favor ... She has two Camp Gladiator trainers from Austin staying with her.

Thank you for this - it matches my impression of CG. I mentioned waaaaay upthread about a sports/athletic group my DD belonged to that reminds me of CG and the "rah-rah" MLM culture. The sport itself was great, but the culture surrounding it was overwhelming in that it took over my teen's life to an extent I did not approve. I can see how family members who do not share the activity would feel left out and even concerned. They also did "workshops" ALL THE TIME that required travel, staying at people's homes, hosting guests, and pitching in to pay for leaders to travel.

This is not to say it's dangerous....just rather intrusive to anyone who wants to have interests and relationships outside the group. The group I'm familiar with really promotes and rewards total commitment...and soon participants find themselves socializing only with other members and with bringing in new members, and other friends and family soon seem like outsiders.

I have no personal experience with CG, just comparing it to another group that I am familiar with. I do not think the CG is directly related to the murder, though I do think the victim's life was very much involved with the group, and I have a hunch that was a big change in her life.

Just my own observations and opinion.

In the details............TY great post! I have seen this phenomenon happen with different people in my life. Almost cultish. From corporations to churches to sports, etc. It seems healthy and harmless, but there are great pitfalls that adherents can't seem to realize. JMO

You should have seen the Jessica Chambers case. It went for 15 months and 13 threads. Very little new information out of law enforcement. Sleuthers raked suspect after suspect over the coals. People on other forums ripped the victim's mother apart relentlessly. Her dad too. Also the convenience store clerk, people who lived near the crime scene, people on video at the gas station where she was last seen, her ex-boyfriend four states away, his family, and most of the town. FINALLY, law enforcement pieced together some phone information v-e-r-y p-a-i-n-s-t-a-k-i-n-g-l-y and the perp was someone from the town now living in another state whom nobody had brought up. Phone data identified the suspect. Again, after 15 months. Edit: By then, the alleged killer had allegedly killed another young woman.

To be fair; a lot of those fb peeps should have been arrested for the many things they were posting. CPS probably opened at least a couple of investigations of their own. Ah-mazing the lack of common sense, decency of any sort, brazenly flaunting criminal acts, showing pictures of obvious child (toddler) neglect, hygiene issues, underage drinking, drugs and sex... pretty gross stuff. Sad, sad and tragic.

So much was available for sleuthing because of the numerous POIs having criminal records. That tiny town of 500 people offered publicly more than it's share of fodder for discussion. I hope some of them took it to heart and have cleaned up their acts. *We can always hope*

Selfies from prison at 4:50 AM! Who knew that was possible?

So glad someone was finally arrested and it it's shocking to me that it was nobody we'd heard of. He's also suspected in another woman's murder in the other state. I read he just waived extradition to Miss. for Jessica Chambers' murder.

<snip for space>

I have no personal experience with CG, just comparing it to another group that I am familiar with. I do not think the CG is directly related to the murder, though I do think the victim's life was very much involved with the group, and I have a hunch that was a big change in her life.

Just my own observations and opinion.

I MUST add that I do not believe that it had anything to do with Le-Vel (Thrive) either.

Someone negatively commented on another thread about Thrive and it sounded more of a personal vendetta rather than factual basis.

FYI, she was still promoting Thrive. In a photo dated 4/11 on her FB profile, she has a "patch" on her left arm. The other poster made claims that she had stopped promoting.

This isn't the place to bash a company!

Missy was a very beautiful, passionate individual and wanted to help everyone live the life they deserve. Let's not forget that. &#10084;&#65039;

IMO, from the sounds of it (hits to head and chest), I feel that this is a personal thing, not a business thing.

We can easily go chasing squirrels when there haven't been any new releases, but let's try to be factual when we do!

Are you basing this on the gait and general look of the perp in the video or more? Why could a female NOT be the person in the video? Can you make any estimate of height, weight, shoe size? I really don't know. I suspect a female, so I'd like to know your thoughts as to why male. Thanks! JMO

While I cannot answer for this poster- it appears that it could possibly be based on a rumor on FB. JMHO
while I love FB for different reasons, not so much for sleuthing real information. MOO

Could it possibly be that LE has made a deal with the news stations like, "Don't spread rumors & speculate. We will notify you immediately when we have a firm suspect or make an arrest".

Anything is possible I guess. I don't see the local media operating that way in other cases. This one is definitely different.

To be fair; a lot of those fb peeps should have been arrested for the many things they were posting. CPS probably opened at least a couple of investigations of their own. Ah-mazing the lack of common sense, decency of any sort, brazenly flaunting criminal acts, showing pictures of obvious child (toddler) neglect, hygiene issues, underage drinking, drugs and sex... pretty gross stuff. Sad, sad and tragic.

So much was available for sleuthing because of the numerous POIs having criminal records. That tiny town of 500 people offered publicly more than it's share of fodder for discussion. I hope some of them took it to heart and have cleaned up their acts. *We can always hope*

Selfies from prison at 4:50 AM! Who knew that was possible?

So glad someone was finally arrested and it it's shocking to me that it was nobody we'd heard of. He's also suspected in another woman's murder in the other state. I read he just waived extradition to Miss. for Jessica Chambers' murder.

Agree w everything except that I am not convinced that the accused is guilty. After following that case for over a year and a half I'm anxious to witness a trial. But that's another case...............JMO

In my ideal world, someone would walk us through the church via FaceTime so we can see for ourselves and for people like me who literally need a layout laid out, it would help make so much sense of it all.

However, my ideal world does not exist and I'm not brave enough to visit and discover for myself. I have nightmares about Swatperp as it is. :shudder:

I can't even bring myself to drive by the church

While I cannot answer for this poster- it appears that it could possibly be based on a rumor on FB. JMHO
while I love FB for different reasons, not so much for sleuthing real information. MOO

I can't speak for the OP either, but I don't think anything in the video rules out the possibility of the perp being female. Almost everything about the video looks male to me, and it has since square one, but I definitely could be wrong.

The height is really hard to estimate from the videos, as different angles appear to show way different heights (perp at the dutch door looks 6' tall to me, perp at bulletin board looks 5'7" max), but my VERY rough guess is that the perp is 5'9"-5'10", ~180lbs, feet look pretty big like maybe 11 wide (though I also think the boots are either too big for the person or brand new, or both).

I conducted my own evaluation of the video, and simply came to a different conclusion than other folks. I'm a medical and technical illustrator with decades of experience in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology. My opinion is based on my own observational experience and knowledge. Keep in mind, I made no claim that the perp was not a female. I just see nothing whatsoever in the video that convinces me the perp is female. Traits like lax tendons/joints, toe-out, hypermobility... those tend to be more common in women than men, sure. But they aren't exclusive to women.

Edited to include: Yes, I've done my own crude height estimates. I posted them several jumps back but my server maxed out and it's now a broken link, so I'll u/l it. It may be somewhat difficult to tell, but my height estimate was approximately 70-72", based on standard door hardware installation heights of 950-1000mm:

attachment.php

Attachments

• height1.jpg
    height1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 676
I conducted my own evaluation of the video, and simply came to a different conclusion than other folks. I'm a medical and technical illustrator with decades of experience in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology. My opinion is based on my own observational experience and knowledge. Keep in mind, I made no claim that the perp was not a female. I just see nothing whatsoever in the video that convinces me the perp is female. Traits like lax tendons/joints, toe-out, hypermobility... those tend to be more common in women than men, sure. But they aren't exclusive to women.

OK Thanks. I respect your experience and knowledge, which is why I asked. JMO

Anything is possible I guess. I don't see the local media operating that way in other cases. This one is definitely different.

One reason I think this case is different is because everyone from LE to the news outlets & on down to the general public is horrified by the absolute brutality of this murder. Per the video, it's like the killer was actually enjoying himself & savoring the anticipation of the kill. I have always said & continue to say that IMO, the killer is ex-military, has killed before & enjoys it.

One reason I think this case is different is because everyone from LE to the news outlets & on down to the general public is horrified by the absolute brutality of this murder. Per the video, it's like the killer was actually enjoying himself & savoring the anticipation of the kill. I have always said & continue to say that IMO, the killer is ex-military, has killed before & enjoys it.

Especially that they seemed fairly confident, cleared the building, hid well, killed swift and brutal, then disappeared. It seems they needed knowledge and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member