TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine whoever the perp is would drive their own vehicle. They've done a pretty good job at disguising themselves. I wonder if the sticker on the car was placed to throw people off. Possibly switch plates too.

Haven't said much in the past few days but I have been in awe of the wonderful forensic work some of you have done! Wow! All done without the high powered equipment the FBI has too! That tells me they may have already known what we have learned from all you impressive sleuths. I believe there is a psychological reason for LE releasing the car info.

It looks like there are two people, at least, involved if this car is indeed part of the crime. Two people kind of takes it out of the personal realm. It reminds me of a Sopranos episode. Could it be a mob hit? If so why? What is the mob involved in? Drugs? Gun running?

One other, and far out, motive for two people could be if two women were jealous of her because of of her having been involved with BOTH of their husbands? This past winter I read of two women who were getting together to discuss a certain woman who had affairs with both of their husbands and then they conspired against her.

When two people are involved it's risky as there is always the risk of one of the two talking to someone.

I am leaning towards a highly organized crime group. The car may have been "a throw-away" I hope I am wrong because if that is the case this crime may never be solved.

JMO

rsbm

Yes, definitely all they have is circumstantial, since there was no witness, and the murder itself wasn't caught on camera. That's not a huge problem -- circumstantial evidence (things like DNA, fingerprints, etc.) are the basis for convictions every day.

DNA and fingerprints are considered physical (real) evidence by prosecutors and LE.

I've wondered about the possibility of a serial killer, especially with the unsolved case of Pastor Carol Daniels in OK. The only thing hedging me there is that there's been no public notification made linking them or warning to be careful. Idk if LE would do that tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3RD EDIT: Yep. The Driver's right hand is reaching to the console into an opened up light colored paper wrapper like maybe they have french fries laid there, and I think the white paper cup with straw is in a holder attached to or near the low right side of the driver's seat near or in the center console. (I certainly think they got a license plate number!) MOO

I guess I don't understand how you could deduce that LE has a license plate number. If you're able to isolate something as detailed as a cup and straw from that grainy photo using Paint, wouldn't it follow that you would also be able to isolate the license number yourself? What am I missing?

We don't know that the perp stopped at Whataburger or anywhere else before the murder. It is possible, but we need to make sure to state if something is an opinion or a fact. Most Whataburger locations are open 24 hours, but I don't know if they all are. All of the locations near me are open 24 hours. Maybe a local can confirm if the location on 287 in Midlothian is open 24 hours.

I was (partially) joking, since this is as good a guess as any at this point. Head spinning. :scared:

I guess I don't understand how you could deduce that LE has a license plate number. If you're able to isolate something as detailed as a cup and straw from that grainy photo using Paint, wouldn't it follow that you would also be able to isolate the license number yourself? What am I missing?

If LE blotted out the license plate, it's extremely unlikely that any of us would be able to take that edited photo and "uncover" what's underneath digitally. JMO.

As for the cup and straw, I also find it unlikely that anyone can see that from the quality of the video, IMHO. No offense to the other poster. I just think that sometimes we see what we want to see - like finding the face of Jesus in a tree stump.

Yeah I'll be honest, I don't see anything inside the car either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this, Bill! The round ignition switch light certainly looks to be about right - but am I the only one who thinks that upper rounded-edged rectangle is the rear view mirror reflecting the light from the parking lot light directly behind the car (same direct angle as camera?)

View attachment 95233 View attachment 95234 View attachment 95235

The rectangle in your car photo is sharp, narrower, and about level with the ignition light.

I'm thinking while perp's ignition was certainly on, his radio likely wasn't, and that the upper rectangle is still rear view mirror. JMO, IMO....

========
Great pics! So, it looks like the car was parked behind the gun store - hidden. Huge lot, could have parked anywhere. In fact- would have pulled in facing church if surveilling site before did crime. But, no they chose to park in back.

***Was this where the driver parked after dropping off, then picking up Swatperps? Or was this the SPs pick up spot if they traveled last 1/2 mile trek back to car by foot? Why park at gun store with all the cameras? Did they need the internet access? Or want to be seen or not concerned if in disguise with stolen car or plates?
***Did they have way to communicate to alert driver -cell, walkie talkie, or use MB phone?
***Did car have stolen or purchased plates? Will sticker give the car away? Was this stolen car?
***I would assume SPs didn't put on full gear (extra padding, helmet?) until in church, so can LE identify them if they got out of car at gun store?
***Did they have key to get into church, and just made it look like broke in back entrances? Wouldn't they be soaked if outside church long time breaking in? Leaving footprints? If no tracks, then walked in front door.

I have been glued to this thread since day one and attempting to be a productive citizen in real life, not easy. So many posters with a variety of skills and insights. My opinion remains that this crime was very personal. I initially thought this murder had to be carried out by one person alone because like Snowflower has mentioned it wouldn't seem that a personal crime would envolve an accomplice. I have now changed my opinion. I think that this perpetrator had an accomplice. I believe the accomplice was most likely a family member such as a parent or sibling. I suspect that this family member has a military background. I continue to suspect that Missy was killed by a woman.

It scares me to even write in this thread because it is read by so many. My gut tells me Missy was murdered by a father/daughter duo, with the daughter being SP and her father being the accomplice. This of course is only my opinion.

If LE blotted out the license plate, it's extremely unlikely that any of us would be able to take that edited photo and "uncover" what's underneath digitally. JMO.

I see what you're saying. I guess I don't understand why LE would request the public's assistance if they have a make and model and plate number. Why not just use DMV records?

I see what you're saying. I guess I don't understand why LE would request the public's assistance if they have a make and model and plate number. Why not just use DMV records?

Stolen or purchased generic plates. So, hope someone will recognize car. Or maybe they are trying to upset SPs! Maybe one will break and turn on all involved.

Missy worked as a special-ed teacher for a few years before she had children of her own. Her oldest child is now a teenager, which means Missy hasn't worked in special-ed for many years. I don't see a connection between her murder and her former profession.

Now, is there a connection with Missy current line of work? That's what I'm wondering....

JMOpinion

FWIW, Missy was a substitute teacher the spring of 2014.

Just a reminder that Texas Rangers and FBI are also involved. From what I've seen in the past, they are extremely tight lipped when on a case.

I'd be willing to bet they have POI and car owner but building their case and we won't know until an arrest is made. They also get in no hurry because they want to seal the deal without wiggle room.

BTW. Did anyone else wonder about MB having another LinkedIn account that nobody knew about? The telecommunications expert that Nancy Grace had on her show last night mentioned that there would be no way the FBI could not know who sent the "scary" messages to MBs account UNLESS she had another account no one knew about.

He said with that SW they should have easily found that information.

I can think of a few possible reasons. Maybe LE already knows who it belongs to, and released the photo to try and flush out the perp. If they come forward to LE, that's a good sign of non-involvement. If they try to sell the vehicle right now, that's suspicious.

Or it could be that the car had stolen plates and that LE really doesn't know who the car actually belongs to. LE wouldn't want to show us the plate if it belongs to an innocent person who had their plates stolen.

And then of course there is the possibility that the glare from streetlights reflecting off pools of rainwater (or whatever) obscured the plate from the camera. Maybe a letter or two was visible but not enough to help. In which case LE might have just blotted out the whole thing to keep sleuthers from mis-identification.

There is a Hertz Car Rental place at the airport.

Stolen or purchased generic plates. So, hope someone will recognize car. Or maybe they are trying to upset SPs! Maybe one will break and turn on all involved.
I can think of a few possible reasons. Maybe LE already knows who it belongs to, and released the photo to try and flush out the perp. If they come forward to LE, that's a good sign of non-involvement. If they try to sell the vehicle right now, that's suspicious.

Or it could be that the car had stolen plates and that LE really doesn't know who the car actually belongs to. LE wouldn't want to show us the plate if it belongs to an innocent person who had their plates stolen.

And then of course there is the possibility that the glare from streetlights reflecting off pools of rainwater (or whatever) obscured the plate from the camera. Maybe a letter or two was visible but not enough to help. In which case LE might have just blotted out the whole thing to keep sleuthers from mis-identification.

Gotcha. All this makes sense. Thanks!

Between being gone from their home between approximately 3:30 and 5:30-6:00 in the morning and wearing police tactical gear, this killer almost has to be living alone or their significant other or family was not in town. Otherwise, there is someone else out there that was not involved but suspects something.

Of course, they could have told their family that they were out of town on business or they had to go into work early. But even that might cause suspicion.

Thanks for the suggestion TeaTime. I found it difficult to isolate frames where you could see the elbow and the waist clearly. So I decided to just pick one good elbow frame and create a "body scan" type image, where I stripped the outer clothing off and approximated the frame underneath. Note: the actual weight may be inaccurate, this is just to illustrate my approximation of a body frame:

attachment.php

I don't know what most people's idea of a man's actual waist is, so I googled it: "at the hip bones just below the belly button". So that's where I drew the waistline.

BatBrat - you amaze me with your skills. The distance from ankle to knee and knee to groin are equal in people, so this photo shop of yours is on target. Great job!

But, considering this is a camera shot from above, with a fish eye lens, distortions are rampant. What happens if we superimpose a photo shop purple woman onto the image, using the elbow as the natural waist? What happens to the leg lengths? If you have time I would like to see what you come up with.

I am going to review the videos again to see if I can capture a move (bending motion) at the waist.

Your newest addition here may make me change my mind about the gender of SWATPERP. Oh no!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member