TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone off the top of their head remember the name of the gym Missy was going to?TIA

First time poster been lurking a while. I understand that a certain amount of sleuthing is subjective, however if we look at the objective evidence, there is an abundance.
From Brent E. Turvey "Criminal Profiling"
OPPORTUNISTIC ELEMENTS

Opportunistic elements are any unplanned elements that the offender seizes on for inclusion in an offense. They can be an opportunistic victim, an opportunistic offense, an opportunistic weapon, or an opportunistic location – anything that was not planned for but was utilized during the offense. Evidence of opportunistic elements or behavior in an offense does not necessarily imply an unplanned or previously unimagined offense.
In assessing whether a behavior or element (victim, location, etc.) is opportunistic, remember to look for any associated behaviors or elements that indicate planning. These include, but are not limited to,
· Evidence of victim surveillance
· Items brought to the crime scene specific to the crime committed
· Calls to the victim before the attack
· Intimate knowledge of victims residence or personal schedule
Indications that an offense is opportunistic include, but are not limited to,
· The offense occurs during the commission of another offense
· The offense occurs during offender non-criminal activity
· The offense lasts a very short period of time
· The offense is committed hastily – an abundance of easily discoverable evidence is lft at the scene
· The offender uses available materials to disable the victim

The only thing I see opportunistic here is the breaking of the windows.
As sly as the killer thinks they are, they have left a beautiful proverbial foot print for the FBI, I would bet my Chiuauhau they know exactly who this. They left the murder weapon behind. It won't take long.......
Of course this is just my opinion

Does someone off the top of their head remember the name of the gym Missy was going to?TIA

I believe it was Any Time Fitness, but I'm doing that from memory because I can't find the original article. (And I'm not doing too well posting links today.)

Because, there WAS cameras. Perp knew this, and thus, the elaborate costume. We still don't even know if it's a male or female.

I guess that's my point. Why be so thoughtful about an elaborate costume, only to have vehicle caught on camera at SWFA? Unless they were certain that the car on camera couldn't be linked back to them.

Sparky if you google anytime fitness missy bevers a video will come up and you can see her in a training session. JMO

BTW. Did anyone else wonder about MB having another LinkedIn account that nobody knew about? The telecommunications expert that Nancy Grace had on her show last night mentioned that there would be no way the FBI could not know who sent the "scary" messages to MBs account UNLESS she had another account no one knew about.

He said with that SW they should have easily found that information.

JMHO, they had extracted her iPhone and iPad on April 20, so if she had another account, surely it would have been on either of those devices. Also JMHO, the creepy message may not have been as creepy (related to murder) so that could be what LE meant. When something horrible happens we see things in a different light that we do prior. Or what someone else may view as creepy.

I couldn't get your link to open so found the same article at another site:

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160520/NEWS/160529975/?Start=2

"Police are still considering if the attack was random or if Missy may have been targeted, Johnson said. They are also open the idea there may have been another person or people the individual seen on the security footage was working with, Johnson said."

Posted May 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Updated May 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM

In the 5/20 press conference, assistant police chief Johnson was asked by a reporter if police were working from a theory that it was one perp, or could there be more than one perp involved. Johnson replied that they're not committing to any one theory and that they acknowledge there could be more than one person involved.

But in the context of the question, Johnson was just saying that it's possible - not that it's something that police believe. JMHO.

I must be blind, I don't see anything at all inside the car except for the lights. What program did you use to lighten etc?
I didn't lighten anything. I downloaded MrsPC's version of the Altima from thread 20, page 61, into a desktop computer. Then I opened the photo in a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer where I can zoom in and zoom out, and follow small details with my eyes. Once Bill_Carson posted his dashboard photo, the bright light rectangular object is clearly the radio. And 1&2&3 posted the other interior photos. It is that other smaller light that is not really a bright light like the radio face, but more like something white and not reflective - it's not in the correct position to be the ignition - to me it looks like a soft drink cup with a straw. Now can someone tell me what color soft drink cups or maybe coffee cups Whataburger has - are they white or yellow - if they are dark blue or orange or something, then I am all wrong. Still catching up to you all... It might be easy that this is a traveler, worker, family member from hospital, someone just left a bar, just stopping for something to eat. But if you were a drop/pickup accomplice to MB's murder, maybe you want to be able to tell a nosy traffic cop that you were in the vicinity just buying some fast food?

The latter part of your post ties in with what I have theorized over the past week or two. JMO but I think that the killer was someone who didn't know Missy specifically but became aware of her and her schedule.

Or the perp was a hired killer. From out of town or state. Using a hired car/uber too - all my opinion.

With this case as with the Deboer case, LE doesn't have to lay all their cards on the table where LE can know but they have no obligation to tell the public the results. The only reason for a delay would be because they're looking for DNA results to match to specific people rather than antigen results determining whether something is human or some other animal. It's to LE strategic advantage to say they don't know what type of blood something is when in reality they're out trying to get people's DNA to run it against the results in order to DNA match the perp and then arrest them out of the blue once they get a match, like if they're raiding people's trash to get saliva DNA and then waiting weeks for those DNA results to come back.

You just gave me some hope. DNA does take time to get back - there is often a backlog of cases that need to be processed. I hope some evidence it being examined for DNA and we just don't know about it. Wouldn't that be great!? (Well, great if there is a match.)

Edited - for some reason my comment included two quotes instead of just the one I wanted to quote. Not sure why.

I didn't lighten anything. I downloaded MrsPC's version of the Altima from thread 20, page 61, into a desktop computer. Then I opened the photo in a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer where I can zoom in and zoom out, and follow small details with my eyes. Once Bill_Carson posted his dashboard photo, the bright light rectangular object is clearly the radio. And 1&2&3 posted the other interior photos. It is that other smaller light that is not really a bright light like the radio face, but more like something white and not reflective - it's not in the correct position to be the ignition - to me it looks like a soft drink cup with a straw. Now can someone tell me what color soft drink cups or maybe coffee cups Whataburger has - are they white or yellow - if they are dark blue or orange or something, then I am all wrong. Still catching up to you all... It might be easy that this is a traveler, worker, family member from hospital, someone just left a bar, just stopping for something to eat. But if you were a drop/pickup accomplice to MB's murder, maybe you want to be able to tell a nosy traffic cop that you were in the vicinity just buying some fast food?

BBM

They are orange and white.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 348s.jpg
    348s.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 456
As it stands, investigators say all of the leads, generated from residential and commercial cameras, have been exhausted — except one. Police say they’d like to speak to the owner/driver of a vehicle caught on camera.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

“The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They’re seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later,” Johnson said. “We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it’s light in color – possibly silver.”

bbm

In the 5/20 press conference, assistant police chief Johnson was asked by a reporter if police were working from a theory that it was one perp, or could there be more than one perp involved. Johnson replied that they're not committing to any one theory and that they acknowledge there could be more than one person involved.

But in the context of the question, Johnson was just saying that it's possible - not that it's something that police believe. JMHO.

But basically they don't know if there is only one person involved. It seems like they are working more on theory now and less on evidence.

In the 5/20 press conference, assistant police chief Johnson was asked by a reporter if police were working from a theory that it was one perp, or could there be more than one perp involved. Johnson replied that they're not committing to any one theory and that they acknowledge there could be more than one person involved. .

Some interesting stats about the numbers of hitmen/women hired in Texas - 2009 article. Here's the link.

Quote 1: "Undercover investigator xxxx has been hired by more than 60 Texans to off their enemies in the past 20 years."
Quote 2: "
The FBI works undercover on an average of 70 to 90 murder-for-hire cases a year. According to bureau press releases, recent quoted fees have ranged from $25,000 to kill a spouse to $600 to kill a girlfriend."

With the economy the way it is, it might be easier to hire people than usual.

I guess I don't understand how you could deduce that LE has a license plate number. If you're able to isolate something as detailed as a cup and straw from that grainy photo using Paint, wouldn't it follow that you would also be able to isolate the license number yourself? What am I missing?
I did not use Paint to isolate anything. I saved the photo provided here at WS into a desktop computer with standard Windows software (and it's an old computer, but I have 12" screen). I spent hours looking at the Altima photo released (several versions), as well as stock photos, and I read every post here and what everyone thought they could see, their opinions. I was looking for the headrests and at the radio in the dashboard, and the driver shoulder and arm just became apparent (to me only). All my posts are only my opinion, and I did NOT do anything to manipulate the photo in any way. I used Paint to outline what I think I see in case it helps anyone else sort out the puzzle, pattern recognition. Objects inside the care are distorted, but they are solid, 3-D objects, with depth. The license plate is entirely different - many posters have addressed that problem. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow