TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly amazing work and I personally thank you for all the time and research you put into this. You have an awesome talent and hope one day you can connect with LE forces with your special touches and get some income flow out of it.
Sorry this took so long to answer. In my analysis, the sex of the subject and the body shape was generic from the start. The final animation does not represent my starting point, but rather a final conclusion from the evaluation of the entire video. I outlined my techniques on a previous post, not sure if you saw that. Either way, I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible yet still comprehensive. The short answer is research, external evaluation, knowledge of anatomy, and common sense.

The long answer is actually long, so bear with me. It’s a lot to chew through.

(Skip this paragraph if you already read my previous post on how the animation was done). I tracked the movements of the subject in the video frame by frame, marking the location of joints first in order to determine limb length ratios and joint angulation, etc. Even at that early stage, that framework reveals clues about the sex of the subject. But that isn’t what determined my overall body shape. I made no assumptions about the body beneath the gear at that point. I simply eliminated bulk. Using data points to locate the thinnest areas where the costume hugged the body or shifted/pulled away, I was able to eliminate bulk at each of those points. Those data points then became fixed, meaning they were applied to all other frames in the sequence and that body part was revealed. I used over 100 data points in that brief few second long sequence of frames.

So that’s how the initial frame and body shape started to appear. You’ve asked about the hips, several data points and reference revealed a narrow hip, not wide. So early on it was clear the subject does not have a pear-shaped body.

So the general silhouette is established. From this point the subject can only become thinner than the basic silhouette, not heavier. But there are some places on the body that the costume doesn’t reveal data points to eliminate bulk. Those areas are the back, the upper front torso, and the outer thighs. In order to determine the approximate shape of the body beneath those concealed areas, I have to use other methods:

Research. The subject is wearing an ordinary tactical vest with pouch pockets over a jacket or coat. We know that because we can see evidence of it quite clearly in several segments of the video. I have researched tactical gear exhaustively. I was able to locate a vest very similar to the one subject is wearing after eliminating around 100 similar styles. (see Fig 1) This vest is close in design, with similar pocket locations and other visual clues. It has specific dimensions which I have applied to the subject in the video. The stacked pouch pockets which are around 6.5” x 4” x 2.5”, and darted chest pockets which are 4 x 3 x 1.5” (presumably deeper when full) are my baseline. Including the interfaced flaps and vest (which may also be lined), plus any jacket underneath, the lower pouch pockets would protrude 3-4” minimum, and if full, perhaps more. A vest identical to the one pictured, but with POLICE patches was sold on eBay last October. The vest is just one aspect, and my numbers are just a starting point, but you can see how just a few inches in layers of bulk must be accounted for rather than trusting what the eye sees and assuming "flesh".

Evaluation of the entire video. I start by referring to other frames of the video which are outside the sequence I animated. In these isolated frames, you can see the silhouette outline of the vest, showing the pockets and gaps between. In other frames, it’s clear the vest and/or jacket is either lined/padded or not close-fitting, due to the way it protrudes from the torso when the subject moves his upper body. Using these frames, I used a combination of subtraction of minimum vest dimensions along with the euclidean geometric axiom (applied to general anatomy) to determine the approximate body shape and size beneath the pocketed vest/jacket. This same technique was used for the tac cargo pants with pouch pockets. These single frames (see Fig 2) capture shapes that are not body weight. Why?

Knowledge of anatomy. Body mass cannot not fluctuate or shift significantly over the body frame. A belly won't suddenly slide around to the back. Arms won't be lean one moment then bulging the next. Every data point that eliminated bulk during the first phase became fixed - in other words, that bulk did not get re-added because an earlier or later frame showed a lump or bulge in a place where it was eliminated. In addition to that, flesh sits on the frame in pretty predictable ways. Muscle bulk is predictable. To a lesser degree, fat deposits are predictable. The human body is also predictably symmetrical - if an outer thigh pouch pocket containing a pry bar bulges out to the side, I am going to conclude the bulge on the opposite side isn’t likely muscle or fat. If the tactical vest has a protrusion on one side of the chest and not the other, I’m going to conclude it’s a pouch pocket and not a person with one breast. While anomalies like this do occur (asymmetrical or atypical body shapes, oddly-placed bulges, missing body parts, etc.), I did not create unnecessarily complicated scenarios to accommodate those anomalies. Some might ask “How do you know some of those shapes don’t contain body mass?"

Common sense. Common sense dictates that what we are seeing throughout the entirety of the video is a tactical vest with pouch pockets. The bulk from the tactical vest does not suddenly become body bulk in places where the video isn’t as clear. It remains a tactical vest throughout. And while we don’t know what’s in the pouch pockets of that tactical vest, common sense also dictates that there aren't holes cut through the backs of those pouch pockets to insert breasts, belly fat, etc.

It may be difficult to believe by looking at the video, but I did not arbitrarily remove hips, belly, or chest in order to fit a male shape. Those were determined by scientific methods, not “eyeballing” or “feelings” or even conformation bias. As I stated earlier, the body can be thinner, but not heavier. The one area that is concealed most is the middle torso. It is possible that that area is actually thinner than my animation - more hourglass shaped. So that particular final piece was based on the combination of all other clues put together. The limb length, the upper torso/lower limb ratio, the posture/gait, and my height estimations. All of these clues point to a male, so I declined to arbitrarily narrow the waist. At the request of others, I have created illustrations featuring more female characteristics within the parameters of my data. Long hair, narrow waist, etc. My conclusion is still “male”, even with added artifice. My final conclusion, using everything here, plus my height evaluations, is male and likely on the lean side.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks NIN...I saw that, but "tech challenged"....maybe she quit going to the gym because someone was bothering her. And that someone was also a member of the gym? Maybe that someone handles rejection in a violent manner. I'm sure local PD is looking into members of the gym who have had recent "run-ins" with the law for physical altercations or domestic violence?? Should be pretty easy to find that connection?

Oh, and up thread a brilliant poster mentioned autopsy being done on Tuesday AND THEN the ATF dog being brought in on Wednesday. In my mind, implies the crime scene looked violent....and initially looked like "punture/stab/blows" from the items SP was carrying. But, after the medical examiner started the autopsy might have said, ...."OH NO, we have more than blunt force trauma, puncture and stabbing. I see evidence of a gun shot wound being the initial assault! The other injuries were exacted postmortem in an attempt to mask the true instrument of death."
SwatPerp takes the weapon (gun) with him and leaves the break-in tools behind. Oh my, just thought about something else, that is beginning to "fill in the pieces" of this puzzle. Recently, there were arrests made of former LE who illegally sold "guns that were supposed to have been destroyed.
Wow, wow, wow.....what if the bullet fragment match a weapon used in a previous crime and LE now realizes it was one from their own evidence locker?? Yeah, "weapons from an evidence locker" being used again for crimes....Yep, THAT would bring in ALL the ALPHABET AGENCIES....FBI, ATF, MPD, TXR, DOJ, DEA, Homeland Security.... wow. I think I am seeing the bigger picture...
I've speculated this scenario for a while but I can't come up with connection to MB or motive. Thoughts?

Something hasn't added up on the secretiveness of LE from the get-go. Last night on the news, they announced they are releasing the transcripts from Orlando shootings TODAY--- here we are over TWO MONTHS later and they are sitting on them in this case. And the Orlando one is a more high profile than this one.

Yes, wondered about that myself. Why have the two 911 calls never been released ? ETA is there possibly some mention of the way MB's body was found ? And LE wants to keep that info out of the loop ? Because it gives insight into the killer ? jmo

I've speculated this scenario for a while but I can't come up with connection to MB or motive. Thoughts?

a) MB had found out about the guns

b) She had told someone she was going to LE with this info

c) MB did contact LE with the info,. jmo

Thank you for the kudos. That particular vest was one of a PAIR (one with SWAT, one with POLICE patches) that sold on eBay last October for about 40 bucks. So 20 dollars each plus ship. I have found identical vests on Asian import goods websites for 50-100 dollars. A real police tactical vest, modular with armor would probably be hundreds, for sure. The difference would be most armored vests would not zip up the front like the one SWATPERP wears. So I feel his is just lined or padded, maybe for paintball use or something. Basically a costume, and not an authentic piece of armored gear.

Bat: You are truly amazing, thanks so much, your posts very much appreciated. Shout out to you!!

Hey friends! Just checking in to see if there are any updates? I did a quick Google search but I know sometimes we make big progress here over weekends. I am following the Heather Elvis trial (finally!) so I will check back in when I can over here. Keep up the great work! :grouphug:

If I found out something nefarious regarding guns, the first person I would go to would be my husband. We would contact the police together and my husband would know every detail of what I knew. JMO

If I found out something nefarious regarding guns, the first person I would go to would be my husband. We would contact the police together and my husband would know every detail of what I knew. JMO

That was my thought as well. To go a step further, I would think those committing the crime would assume I told my husband or someone close. I can't imagine they would be willing to go to the lengths of setting up a large, elaborate murder to keep the information from getting out, but make the assumption that MB never told a single person.

IDK what purpose it might serve but it sure looks a lot like this box of plastic wrap to me.

f409ab24e4abd01fb70c640640bef9f5.jpg

Hi-Valu is apparently a company that sells commercial restaurant/food service supplies. Maybe he/she grabbed it from the kitchen area and used the cutting device on the dispenser for some unknown purpose? (Although, I have no idea what purpose it might serve or how helpful it could possibly be.)

Sorry if this object has already been confirmed to be something.

If there is still a chance it is plastic wrap of some sort then I think one possible reason to take that or bring that would be to wrap it around the victims head to suffocate them. Ive seen or heard about other murders where the victims head was wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.

Sorry if discussed before or if its already been determined what object was in the left hand.

Just reading back and trying to understand this case.

I can't get over that the heels of the person in the video almost touch with each step. To me that's what makes the "walk" appear to be awkward and unsteady.

God help them if they drive a light colored Altima with an oval type sticker on their bumper that resembles.... anything.

LOL!
I live 600 miles from Midlothian! LOL

But it is amazing to me just how many ppl walk and move like SP. I've seen him/her everywhere.

Sorry if this object has already been confirmed to be something.

If there is still a chance it is plastic wrap of some sort then I think one possible reason to take that or bring that would be to wrap it around the victims head to suffocate them. Ive seen or heard about other murders where the victims head was wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.

Sorry if discussed before or if its already been determined what object was in the left hand.

Just reading back and trying to understand this case.

I still think it could be this carpentry tool, but no one commented on it earlier when I posted it. So not sure if others see it as I do.

tool.jpg

Important Correction Notification:

I have used this image and in doing so I erroneously credited rodee34 for the mitigation of the SS. That is not correct. NIN is the one who manipulated the image to this state. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96330&stc=1

Image credit belongs to NIN and to NIN only! Thanks!

It remains my opinion that this is a mechanical part. It is not a cardboard box. It is not a tripod. It is not a multi-task tool. It is a machine part to a car or to a particular machinery such as a tractor. At this time, I don't have time to research the exact item but when I do (and that may be on tomorrow) it will be posted and you can decide for yourself if it matches.

Thanks! You guys are certainly doing a marrrrvelous job! :websleuther:

JMO

The image here looks kind of like a car jack. Some car jacks have a screw in type function where the middle part goes up as it is screwed forward.

Since the perp had the other tool in the other hand it does kind of make me wonder if the other tool was also part of a car jack which was the bar to screw the jack down. They sometimes have weird parts to get the hubcaps popped off.

Anyway JMO that if not a gun then a car jack is a possible thing it could be.

I still think it could be this carpentry tool, but no one commented on it earlier when I posted it. So not sure if others see it as I do.

attachment.php

The quality is so poor it's almost impossible for me to identify most of the objects being carried around in the video. I keep leaning towards a box of gallon sized zip lock bags, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it.

That is because LE knows fulk well who the perp is, need to round up others in the know, and put all pieces together, before advancing case details to D.A. IMO.

a) MB had found out about the guns

b) She had told someone she was going to LE with this info

c) MB did contact LE with the info,. jmo

Add steroids in also. I have previously stated n eaier posts about steroids are widely used in the gym/bodybuilding world. The "cop bust" had the illegal guns and steroids.......

This is a link of a car jack style that the blowup image looked like to me. They have so many styles then its possible it was similar to this style. These styles are pretty small about the size of what he looked to be carrying. Just a guess of course.
Other guesses people have are really good too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=car...ei=FwhoV4qjN5-8yAL32rkQ#imgrc=nOEx0V2r3TEsqM:

This looks like the closest thing I have seen so far (besides the door push bar) Interesting! :thinking:

IMO

That is because LE knows fulk well who the perp is, need to round up others in the know, and put all pieces together, before advancing case details to D.A. IMO.

I agree. Others in here have said that no information being shared leads them to believe that the case is going cold. It's the exact opposite for me. I think they know exactly who is responsible and they are building a rock solid case to present.

I know how bad all of us want this case to be solved and justice to be served. I can't imagine how bad LE and the other agencies involved want it solved. The majority of people that I know are passionate about their profession and I can't see anybody working on this case being relaxed or unattached. Odds are they are doing everything within their power to get it solved.

I also think it's a good possibility that they are making sure they have all the evidence they need to bring everybody involved down at the same time.

Thank you so much for putting yourself out, okie. I don't want to be too big of a pain, but I would love to know the exact height of at least one of the doors in the tiled hallway near the bulletin board and also the dutch doors to the nursery. Really, whatever anyone can provide would be a boon. I cannot think of anything else. Perhaps others here have requests.

Thanks again!

My intermediate contact is not wanting to get involved. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to deliver on that offer. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow