TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Midlothian PD has a new post on its FB page. I don't know how to share it here, but some very interesting observations are posted there..

I just checked and didn't see anything, what are you referring to Camerabug? TIA

2 days behind in this thread, but I wanted to say that you are definitely NOT in the minority. Most people still think the perp is a woman.

I have my doubts, because I can't imagine a woman having the physical strength to do to a door what the perp did, to get in. And the killing with a hammer, an act of physical domination and damage, to me seems way more masculine in nature as well.

This raises an interesting point that may help us separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of what is true versus possibly not true, with respect to LE statements. In Exhibit A to the search warrant labelled “Search Warrant.pdf” in post #3 of thread #10, the affiant states: “At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the building.” Although not 100% unambiguous, I read the above to say the murder was not captured on video. But an affiant – law enforcement or not – cannot lie in an affidavit without risking a charge of perjury. Thus, I think the surveillance video does not show the crime. By contrast, I'm sure there are many LE statements we are aware of that were not included in any affidavits.

"But an affiant – law enforcement or not – cannot lie in an affidavit without risking a charge of perjury."

Thank you so much for mentioning this. This fact - so often overlooked, or even ignored, in these forums - is extremely significant in relation to understanding the evidence we have access to. The idea that LE is somehow playing games, or trying to mislead, in affidavits is incredibly off base, because they have their own neck on the line if they lie, plus they have to answer to a court and credibility issues if and when a perp is brought to trial.

Batbrat, I am really impressed by your work, and thank you so much for dedicating your time to help solve MB's murder.

I have read your explanation about how you arrived at SP's body shape. If one is to talk about anatomy, males and females have very difference upper bodies. If you measured a lean man's chest (chest circumference), his measurements are going to go down in a somewhat linear pattern to his waist. In between his chest and stomach, there will be bones and flesh. However, in women, there is going to be a large jump (technically a decrease) in measurements immediately below her chest. In effect if you drew a straight line from the widest part of a woman's chest to her waist (assuming she is lean), there is going to be an air pocket. The tactical vest would obscure this anatomical difference, I think. How did you determine that there was actually flesh under the vest (male) as opposed to an air pocket (female)? I hope that this makes sense.

Thank you again.

Thanks for asking. I did answer that same question previously, but it was buried in a very long-winded post. Here's a shorter version of that answer:

The one area that is concealed most is the middle torso. It is possible that that area is actually thinner than my animation - more hourglass shaped. So that particular final determination was based on the overall combination of all other clues put together. The limb length, the upper torso/lower body ratio, the posture, length of stride, gait, etc., plus my own height estimations. The combination of those clues pointed to male, so I declined to arbitrarily narrow the waist further.

At the request of others, I have created multiple illustrations and animations featuring more female characteristics within the parameters of my data. Long hair, narrow waist, etc. My conclusion is still male, even with added artifice in an attempt to make the subject "appear" female.

In other words, the Euclidean axiom (shortest distance between data points) applied to general anatomy. The subject could very well be thinner in the area that you mentioned. I simply didn't arbitrarily subtract body mass there, based on other anatomical clues.

I've been watching the Heather Elvis trial all week and most of the expert witnesses had LE backgrounds and had worked with/for FBI (1 or 2 even taught at Quantico) and that reminded me that maybe we have FBI involment to help extract data from electronic devices? I'm talking phones, computers, deleted space in computers and phones as well as video surveillance experts. Just a thought I had during my time away. Carry on :)

As promised, another animated sequence of the footage with-to-without gear:

attachment.php

Nice work Batbrat!! Thank you :great:

SP movements look extremely jerky to me.

Interesting gait information on this link: http://www.my-ms.org/symptoms_movement_disorders.htm

I have my doubts, because I can't imagine a woman having the physical strength to do to a door what the perp did, to get in. And the killing with a hammer, an act of physical domination and damage, to me seems way more masculine in nature as well.

agreed - that is why I believe SP had help. The REAL Killer of MB. I believe SP let Killer in those SW doors before MB arrived. I also believe this is why SP is so calm. SP job was distraction so LE and everyone looking at video would be looking for that person and not thinking there was another person. JMO

because the one who planned it didn't want to have to view it when shown by police. That would send him over the top.
The style of the attacks could have provided some minimal insight in particular if a specific style was used as in martial arts or any of the other specific fight styles like knock out, etc.

Do we know if she was killed with the hammer? I've seen several people post that and thought maybe I missed something. I thought LE said something like "tool consistent with what the murderer was carrying," but weren't there several tools in the video?

Two options: An average sized person wearing a jacket and tactical vest or a fat person wearing no tactical gear.

According to my estimates and measuring, I don't believe it can reasonably be both. So it must only be one or the other. I'm not trying to bend your mind - just trying to determine what people believe. If you're saying both fat and vest, where does the fat go when the vest is worn over it?
I see a lean and fit male 25-45 age range. I attribute all the bulk to be dress related. If you look at calves you can see muscle, not jiggly fat. Could have shin covers on or even kneepads.

Do we know if she was killed with the hammer? I've seen several people post that and thought maybe I missed something. I thought LE said something like "tool consistent with what the murderer was carrying," but weren't there several tools in the video?
You answered your own question very observantly. Many have assumed a hammer because that's pretty obviously what he/she was carrying, but an strict interpretation of LE's statement allows for other tools to have been used. It was an assumption, but we don't know for sure that it was done with a hammer.

Does anyone know if a person calls forward their cell phone does it show up on their call list or on the phone it was forwarded to or both with maybe a notation that it was a forwarded call. I looked it up but answers are all over the place. No I am not trying to keep someone from finding out something but wondering if someone could be in one place and call forward their phone but when answered show they were in another place. Hope this makes sense.

Two options: An average sized person wearing a jacket and tactical vest or a fat person wearing no tactical gear.

According to my estimates and measuring, I don't believe it can reasonably be both. So it must only be one or the other. I'm not trying to bend your mind - just trying to determine what people believe. If you're saying both fat and vest, where does the fat go when the vest is worn over it?

I believe the monster is a male, between 45 to 60ish yrs old, 5'8 to 5'11, within normal weight range, not fit, and perhaps out of shape.

Thanks to you and batbrat for animations! I believe definitely male. Based on length of torso. (Husband built similar ��)

As promised, another animated sequence of the footage with-to-without gear:
attachment.php

Holy Smokes Batman!!!
You never cease to amaze me with your skill and ability. This is incredible and very helpful. Many thanks for all the time and effort this took; we all appreciate it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member