TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also congratulate Jethro on the map. Untold hours went into that, and it's impressive.

But I don't agree at all that this perp is a wizard at breaking glass! Nor do I believe that he could intentionally hit glass with just enough strength to crack it without breaking it out.

Everything about the video says to me that this person lacked confidence or experience in what he was doing. His movements are not purposeful. And with all the detailed theory about what he's supposedly trying to do in the East hall, he and the window are not even fully in the frame of that video. How can anyone make an informed opinion about what he's doing when he's only partially in view?
One can make an informed opinion based on knowing that one can break glass intentionally to create a certain perception for investigators, at least initially. It would be another matter if it were stated as fact.

What I noticed, and this is based on the theory that we are seeing the video in order, is that SP passed by at least 4 different entrances to the sanctuary area of the church. Two of them in the very opening sequence. So why was that? And why that door at the end? I have my opinion on that.

I believe that the scene was staged. I believe that the entry and exit was made at the Northeast vestibule. That the Kitchen door was done second - as the MPD stated that SP spent some time in the Kitchen. How would they know that if the entry to there was from outside? Why would they go back to the Kitchen? That was the door they were at when the opening sequence ended. There are maps on the walls in every room, right next to the doors. There are signs on the walls that actually point to where the Church offices are. Why the meandering? Why not go to the place with the likely best payoff? I happen to believe that SP not only knew about the cameras but where they were located. I also happen to believe that SP did not think that they would be partially seen on camera as we see on the end. How did they get in that room without being on camera on the North hallway or even on the East hallway coming toward that camera? How did they get into and out of the room that is next to Room 12 without being on camera? We see the open door. How was their exit from the building, let alone the site of the murder not captured on video?

These are the movements and questions that go into informing my opinion of what I am seeing. You have a different opinion of it. You have a different theory of the case. I think that is great. And, you very well may be right. One day we may actually find out.

Well said. One question remains, why would he "stage" in front of the surveillance cameras? It is too obvious. Is he trying to "rub it in" ?

-Nin

I believe that SP knew where the cameras were before entering that Church that morning. I believe that SP thought they wouldn't be seen considering just where that came is located and the fact that the camera on the North hall looking West (opening sequence from long MPD video) could not see that door or even part of it either.

Well said. One question remains, why would he "stage" in front of the surveillance cameras? It is too obvious. Is he trying to "rub it in" ?

-Nin

Oh, but I didn't address your bigger question. Well, part of my theory of this crime is that in staging the scene to look like a burglary the very first police on scene would be reacting to that situation and it would be a working theory until the camera footage was seen. And, if it weren't for that very last snippet of video, the police might have been much more inclined to pursue an out an out burglary gone wrong case. That would expend much resources chasing a ghost.

I'd h
ave to disagree with it having to do with men solely or hostility towards men. Have you heard of the Dan Markel case? Wife was suspected from the
start but people (family)tried to say it was disgruntled Rabbis. 2 for hire perps have been arrested and police are saying it was murder for hire with ties to the family (ex wife). Took 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just skimmed the Dan Markel case for the first time this past weekend. Isn't there speculation that the family business was used to "employ" fake associates for the purpose of funneling/embezzling money? It's crazy what people are willing to do when they feel things are spiraling out of their control.

Oh boy do i feel silly, sitting here over analyzing it, Googling if she has a tattoo.. it's the watermark on the picture 

Missy has a tattoo on her back right shoulder. It can be seen in one of the photos of her in the gym I believe.

Oh boy do i feel silly, sitting here over analyzing it, Googling if she has a tattoo.. it's the watermark on the picture 
My mistake. it was a video that shows it. On her facebook, May 21, 2014.

Here is a question for you guys- and gals:

If we had not have any video surveillance at the church, what would you think happened at the church that early Monday morning?

-Nin

Perhaps (!) I would think: 2 hired men, one did an idiotic staging of a B&E (broken door windows don't make sense - nothing stolen at all), the other one brutally murdered the victim. They arrived with a silver sedan (surveillance at the gun shop available ;) ) but I don't know if the sedan returned later on and if it was the get-away-car.

Not easy to answer, your question! :) I'm always seeing the SP wandering through church and my brain.

If we had not have any video surveillance at the church, what would you think happened at the church that early Monday morning?

-Nin

With the door broke and a window or 2? smashed I probably think she had interrupted a burglary in progress. jmo idk

-Nin

O.k., now your on the right track. Don't get me wrong, the swat gear adds evidence to be found or connected at some point, if ever found. I dont think the walk helps a lot, as there are too many unknown variables: shoe size, injury, influance of drugs or other, along with the fact that there are no visable identifiers. I think it just leads to a lot of speculation. I think who ever suggested getting into the mind of the perp and you are on the right track about how to look at it.

without the video, I think my opinion would be about what it is now. Not a burglary gone wrong. The suspect didn't take anything. Im not sure, but if there had been desk drawers opened, things scattered about from areas where valuables were held, maybe. If that were the case I think we would have gotten that description from LE. We also would not know how long the perp was in the building, so I guess a burglar being suprised by MB would be somthing i would have considered. Nor would we know that the perp was completly unidentifiable.

We would still know about the creepy text, we would still know of the flirtatious coorispondance with a married man, we would still know about the marital problems because BB stated it in an interview. We would still have the comments from the friend at the gym as to her acting parcular, and the fact that she stopped attending. Its just my opinion, but these are some of the most telling things in this case. Coupled with the manner she was murdered, to me it all points to, infatuated creep, scorned lover, worried lover (as in this has gotten out of hand and now my wifes gonna find out), flirtation gone too far with someone who took it serious, but may not have been recipricated by MB. The information of her exact wherabouts and schedule for that day being posted publicaly. In the beginning, I made referance to this looking like a hit to me. I may have mispoke or should have clarified. If this was a paid hit, it doesn't mean someone hired the most professional person to do it, or even an expreienced one. Even that may be taking it too far. What I think I should have said was calculated. Years ago, I worked with a guy who was having marital troubles. Im not sure how bad or deep they went, or for that matter if they may have just been in his head. He thought she was cheating on him. He said somthing I will never forget. He told me he daydreams about his wife getting in a car wreck and dying. He told me, at leas if she died, I would not have to live knowing she is with someone else. I don't know that he is the type of person that would kill someing, but it takes a pretty twisted mind, to wish someone dead, because it would make your life easier, or at least in his mind. When you start talking about people who could kill another human being, then looking at it from there perspective takes getting down in the ditch at a level that I dont believe is in most people. We have all been mad. Some of us have even wished someone else, dead(most likley empty words and most normal people even if only to themselves would wish they had never even said it). Personaly I asure you all, that I would die for my family. Although, its not somthing i spend a lot of time thinking about, I would without a doubt kill to protect my family. As mad as I've ever been, I can imagine killing someone out of anger, but then I'm pretty normal as people go.

Pic looks to be much older than 2 yrs. If the baby is Missy's youngest in that pic, the child is 8 or 9 yrs old, now. JMO

Yes, my math also! :) MB was a pretty young woman/mother and didn't really need to come in shape much, IMO. I think when she began with fitness she became somewhat addicted as many people do and BB might have been "pi**ed" over time, in particular when MB in addition became a CG trainer. Probably BB married quite another woman than he had at his side (in his home/bed) since her "transformation" (I saw some wedding pics of a pretty, slightly chubby MB).

-Nin

Great question! I think a lot would change for me. I would be more likely to believe the B&E theory, perhaps think it was not as well planned out as indicated on video (tools, etc), be more apt to think it was a male suspect, not know how long SP was there. JMO

Along the same lines I wonder...

What would have happened if a CG camper had not arrived so early? (4:35 I believe)

-- would there have been more staging?
--items taken to point towards B&E?
--video evidence manipulated/removed?

JMO

-Nin

I would think she surprised an intruder. With no physical description of the killer at all, I would assume male, because males are more likely to B&E than females.

In considering whether it might be targeted rather than interrupted B&E, I would ask myself why would the person go to the trouble of breaking in to a church and waiting for her inside, when he could have simply killed her outside the doors? And why use inefficient tools to kill her when he could have shot her instead? And if attempts were going to be made to stage it like a B&E, why not make that case more compelling by actually stealing stuff, either from the church or from Missy?

Some want to argue that this perp had this incredible knowledge of camera placement, of how to break the glass in just the right way, of knowing MB's every move, etc. but I can't shake the fact that much of what he does just seems dumb and not thought out. Which is why what makes the most sense to me is that the person DIDN'T plan it.

-Nin

Given the personal and gruesome nature of MB's death, I don't think that it would change a lot. Her injuries scream targeted hit. I would, however, be very confused about the vandalism. It probably would have taken quite a bit of time, very valuable time, to rule out B&E though.

ETA - Only my opinion.

-Nin

Targeted hit. Husband's family eliminated Missy due to rumors of pending divorce.

-Nin

It would depend on her injuries. IMO that is one of the biggest clues about the motive. Considering that SP could've incapacitated MB and escaped, why kill her, especially in such a horrifying way?

LE might go with the interrupted burglary even more, however, considering they wouldn't know 1) what time SP arrived and 2) what SP was wearing. They would just see the destruction and MB laying there. The fact that nothing important was missing is an important factor, but again, if LE doesn't know what time SP arrived, then they might conclude he didn't have time to grab anything.

GA Peach, we think a lot alike!

Given the personal and gruesome nature of MB's death, I don't think that it would change a lot. Her injuries scream targeted hit. I would, however, be very confused about the vandalism. It probably would have taken quite a bit of time, very valuable time, to rule out B&E though.

We know little to nothing about how personal or gruesome the death appeared to be. Puncture wounds to head and chest - that's it. We don't even know how many wounds. What if perp lashed out in surprise twice, and one of those two blows hit an artery? I'm speculating that, of course... But wouldn't that be pretty far from "personal"?

Remember, we have no idea what the actual ME's report says.

You say her injuries scream targeted hit. But respectfully, that's based on unconfirmed speculation.

Is it verified that a divorce was proceeding? Not that one had begun a year before, but that a divorce was still actively being pursued? Because my understanding is that a divorce proceeding was in the past. They were still living together, and BB commented that they were telling one another "I love you" every day for the past 10 months. And in all of the family interviews, not one has said anything about a pending divorce.

I think the part about a divorce so far was a rumor, a rumor that may have been true, does anyone have a link to that information, that is not a rumor? I saw that in comment sections of the Dallas blog, but not as a news source or verified report. If you have that I would love to see it. There were problems he has alluded/ admitted to that, LE has said there things going on. As far as this, "BB commented that they were telling one another "I love you" every day for the past 10 months", this is not quoted correctly. BB said in his 2 or 3 interview that MB was texting HIM everyday with saying that. He never says he was reciprocating. That is one of this things I found odd when he made his first interviews. No "we" involved. That first long interview outside his house is a good one to revisit if you haven't been there in a while.

-Nin

I would think that MB surprised one or more intruders in the church. The situation escalated, and MB was savagely murdered. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member