TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does mention a rental car I believe in his video conferences and it is noted in this article that he did have a rental car at one point on the trip. Now as far as when he rented it or when he left I have no idea. I'm assuming that LE has checked it out and feel like it is on the up and up. IMO

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/missy-bevers-family-backs-pds-decision-to-seize-bloody-shirts/

Thanks, Gwendolyn! I still have questions about bb's rendition of the rental car. Was this part of his explanation of how he got back in record time? Was a SW issued about the rental car?

something that has always bugged me is the head lamp SP wears. It doesn't fit the random burglary/vandalism theory as it could be spotted by a passerby or security guard in the highway, and with the precision in every other aspect of the crime, I think SP would know there would be hallway lighting that was on thru the night. It's hard to connect 4 dots in a row in this case, no matter what angle you approach it from. Ugh

Maybe that was a risk, But, maybe not.

This is the extreme edge of Midlothian. A little bit further east is the Waxahachie jurisdiction, and there are few things for MPD to patrol out there other than the church and SWFA, which are a good ways from the rest of the town. So imo the odds of a routine MPD patrol through that area would be minimal.

In addition, from having driven by there multiple times, it is not uncommon for a car to be parked on the property overnight. So if a cop had driven by in the rain and saw a car parked, they may have just kept right on rolling. And a car behind the church, they might not have ever seen, given the hill and the rain.

I would think a police department would make a point of regularly patrolling a rural location where there is a gun store. And though I agree that a cop might well keep right on rolling if he saw a parked car, the question is how risky the perp thought it would be.

If I'm in the mind of the perp, and I've gone to all this trouble to dress up from head to toe, it would seem incongruous to leave my car parked there for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something that has always bugged me is the head lamp SP wears. It doesn't fit the random burglary/vandalism theory as it could be spotted by a passerby or security guard in the highway, and with the precision in every other aspect of the crime, I think SP would know there would be hallway lighting that was on thru the night. It's hard to connect 4 dots in a row in this case, no matter what angle you approach it from. Ugh

no kidding. No Nancy Grace coverage or any media covering it either. damn. :(

Was there thunder that morning too? Or hail? Or really strong winds? That might cover up the sound of a motorcycle?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

IMO - It would be too dangerous to ride in those conditions.

I would think a police department would make a point of regularly patrolling a rural location where there is a gun store. And though I agree that a cop might well keep right on rolling if he saw a parked car, the question is how risky the perp thought it would be.

If I'm in the mind of the perp, and I've gone to all this trouble to dress up from head to toe, it would seem incongruous to leave my car parked there for any longer than absolutely necessary.

My thoughts exactly. The perp went to trouble to plan the outfit to avoid detection. I think s/he went to trouble to figure out transportation that wouldn't be noticed....and succeeded (thus far).

There is no head lamp, IMHO. Just the church's interior lights reflecting off the helmet.

LE in one of the SW affidavits described the killer's outfit in this way:

"Investigators reviewed the video of the incident which shows a subject wearing a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black gloves, and a black vest..."

No mention of a head lamp.

I thought it was reflection as well, but when I watched the Nancy Grace special on the case they kept saying head lamp. I guess I got "graced"....so to speak.

I thought it was reflection as well, but when I watched the Nancy Grace special on the case they kept saying head lamp. I guess I got "graced"....so to speak.

She also said the LE picked up a burner phone number but couldn't find who bought it. Is it true or is fabricated? Only time will tell.

Dang! Some folks here ought to start their own detective agency. I'm not kidding. Bravo!
Fantastic map! So if MB was killed somewhere in the SW corner of the church, but LE says the perp is not seen after the murder, but they believe they exited the same way they entered, how is this possible to not be seen again on camera? (had they disabled them right before the murder?) just thinking out loud.

There is no head lamp, IMHO. Just the church's interior lights reflecting off the helmet.

LE in one of the SW affidavits described the killer's outfit in this way:

"Investigators reviewed the video of the incident which shows a subject wearing a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black gloves, and a black vest..."

No mention of a head lamp.

Disagree with you on this. There was definitely a headlamp. It shines on the wall and doorway in at least two instances -- turning into the alcove to the auditorium doors across from the Dutch door and exiting Room 12 into the corridor. It's quite obvious that it's an LED headlamp.

Was this part of his explanation of how he got back in record time?

I'm not sure he needed an explanation for his arrival. But what is this idea is of BB driving back in "record time"? It was probably anything but unusual, probably fairly normal drive time.

Driving the 8+ hours from 7 am to 3+ pm, for a distance of 575 miles, he would have averaged 71.xx mph on roads that were mostly 75 mph speed limits. Google says its only an 8 hour trip, and when I drive those interstates (I drive with the flow of the fast lane, which goes a tad faster than the posted limit), I always arrive faster than google says i will. In any event, his trip time was probably quite normal.

Fantastic map! So if MB was killed somewhere in the SW corner of the church, but LE says the perp is not seen after the murder, but they believe they exited the same way they entered, how is this possible to not be seen again on camera? (had they disabled them right before the murder?) just thinking out loud.

It isn't possible. There are conflicting statements from LE on that subject. The police chief stated in the initial presser that he was seen walking back up the hallway afterward and they believe he left thru the metal kitchen door. A later SW affidavit stated that neither Missy not the killer appears on video after Missy is seen approaching the killer's location.

I would think there would have been greater "added risk" in doubling the times entering/exiting the church lot, with that being the easiest way of all to be noticed.

Enter, park out of sight behind church, exit
vs
Enter, drive to some entry point and stop to unload, exit,
then enter again, stop to pick up the perp, exit again

Of course, gotta say that the risk does go up dramatically for having someone take you to a killing. That's another person that knows. So there's that to consider, with the drop-off option.

Obviously, the perp maybe took what they thought was safe way, but not necessarily. They chose what they chose.

Was the gun store that was robbed today the same as the one where the camry was at?

It appears to be around 13-14" or so. My thought has been it's the pry bar he "holstered" a few moments earlier. Below shows a closer detail of the light (shiny?) tip from the glass-breaking sequence that looks like the claw end of a pry bar:

attachment.php

Note the item is still in his thigh pocket in the frame from that sequence. Though this frame doesn't show it, he is also holding the white box in his left hand at the same time, so it cannot be the same item. Another thing that supports my theory that it's the crow bar is the apparent heft of the item. As he walks, it moves and swings independently from his leg, telling me it's heavy for its size.

Bat, you are absolutely correct! I stand corrected. I owe you one. Thank you! Thank you also for measuring the object. Interesting he had a prybar that size and yet did not pry open the door next to the bulletin board. He did not even try. That tapping with the hammer, did he just want to create "pry marks" ? Staging?

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members