TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly, but not always, 'down' means away from one, 'up' means toward. From stackexchange.com
Well, there you go. My interpretation was opposite. I guess that's what keeps it interesting.

Long time lurker here--sorry if my question's already been answered somewhere. What do you think SP did with the tactical gear afterwards? Buried it? Do you think he/she found a dumpster without cameras nearby? Is that type of clothing very easy to burn? Or is it stashed in someone's house/vehicle?

He probably had hours after the murder, and quite possibly traveled hundreds of miles during that time. It could have been stashed anywhere but I doubt it's stashed anywhere nearby. I really hadn't thought about the idea of burning or otherwise destroying it, but that's something to consider.

2032463ec55fe8b7d399636f986587ef.png

After reading everyone's thoughts about MB's point of entry into the building, I believe she entered through the W side of the building. In the picture, I think we can all agree (or agree to disagree) that the W side entrance has a small awning. The PC is more of a covered patio entrance. I have never seen a side-door ever referred to as a "main entrance." Didn't Jethro (sp??) mention it took x amount of ft. before the cameras engaged- stands to reason coming up that main hallway a bit, it caught her entry. Also, "location was only discovered after campers entered (likely W side) as well- (maybe even confused why the side door wasn't opened yet) and were looking for her. I think this point is worthy of discussion. This is really the only scenario that makes sense to me. MB exercised in rain, sleet, snow and hail- so, this strong dedicated woman parked where it would be easiest to unload once she propped open the door closest to her vehicle. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Photo shared by NIN

There are two entrances, the W and SW, with overhangs. Why would the porte-cochere even be considered an awning? The term used to described the structure outside of the SW doors is porte-cochere. On the other hand an awning is a "rooflike structure extending over a doorway."

Does the picture below look like an awning?

attachment.php

It doesn't to me. It looks like an extension of the actual structure as opposed to an awning. JMO

ETA - Try doing a Google image search for "awning." Then do an image search for "porte-cochere." The structure outside of the SW entrance is a PC, not an awning. IMO

If I took the entire first page of results for a Google awning image search and inserted the picture above and asked, "Which of these is not like the others?" the answer would clearly be the image of CCoC.

I just used the word awning so I would not have to type out Porte-Cochere. Sorry I didn't realize that I should be so careful with my wordings. 😳

But that's still where I think Missy parked her truck

JMO 🐮

There are two major exceptions to the warrant requirement. First, if you consent to a search, then the police can search within the scope of your consent.2 That’s why it is usually better to not consent to a search.
Second, if police have probable cause to believe there is incriminating evidence in the house or on an electronic device that is under immediate threat of destruction, they can immediately search it without a warrant.3

Ker v. California, 374 U.S. 23, 39 (1963)
from eff.org

so does anyone think LE has done this and we the public do not know and that they may have a lead(s)

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

This made me smile a bit. I'm a middle aged Southern woman (New Orleans) and I never heard the term Porte Cochere until Missy's case. I learn something new everyday.

Cannonball "I will say that whether or not LE knows these things with certainty is debatable; it's hard to know what they know, when they aren't telling us much"

Really? We are debating where MB's body was found, and which entrance LE meant. No question they know both of those with absolute certainty. We are also debating which room is room 10, and again that is not a mystery to (or important to) anyone but us. We are debating which video surveillance image was taken where, and those things are known with certainty from camera placement that is part of the system and would have been open to LE to any extent they felt it mattered. Everything pertaining to church layout and perp movement, they know, and they have added info to work with we don't even have.

It's a curiosity and a time-waster to us, and nothing wrong with spending time in those ways, but it is accurate that knowing those won't advance the case.

Batbrat "There is a possibility people can be identified or eliminated based on the minutiae of exploring the building layout to compare it to the video evidence."

The layout details we are still debating - for example, knowing which is room 10 in a sunday school class picture - are truly meaningless to the case. Idle curiosities, but nothing more. The problem is, how can us knowing whether he took a videoed step exactly here rather than there, distinguish one costumed perp from another? It can't. I know we'll still discuss them ad nauseum, me included, but let's not kid ourselves, they really don't matter to solving the case.

ETA - Let me make it clear, in the wake of all the reactions to a prior post, that I'm not trying to tell anyone how to post or what to talk about! As I mentioned, I talk about these things too. I'm just commenting on MY OWN OPINION on the relative value of the information we're pursuing, in relation to solving the case ...my opinion, nothing more, and not meant to bother anyone. If anyone felt they were being criticized somehow, it was not intended, and my apologies in advance!!

I log off a lot of times and go for a walk or do something else instead of typing what I'm really thinking. This case has got us all frazzled, frustrated and furious at times. MOO.

Not so sure. I live in Southeast Texas and port cochere is very common. I moved from New York and was like, "ohhh. car port, okay!"
I've never heard the term in my life (port cochere) and I've lived in Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Michigan. I've heard it called an awning, a car port, and a canopy. I'm sure it all depends on where you're from regionally.

Ok, so if Missy entered in the main doors (SW) under the big awning. Which way do you think she was walking when the LE says, we saw her enter the building and start walking to where the Perp was? In other words where in the building do you think the murder occurred?

The main doors are not the SW doors. The main doors are on the west side of the building, and the covered patio and covered porte cochere are on the SW corner. If she entered the main doors (W), she likely turned and started walking south toward the porte cochere (SW), where the motion detector on the camera at the south end of that hallway picked her up and began recording. As she approached the SW corner - either just west of the vestibule doorways or in/near the bathroom hallway - she reached the camera blind spot and the cameras turned off. I believe that's where she was attacked.

I've never heard the term in my life (port cochere) and I've lived in Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Michigan. I've heard it called an awning, a car port, and a canopy. I'm sure it all depends on where you're from regionally.

I can't say, what I thought the first time I heard it. I thought it was something religious..:shame:

-Nin

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

Haha!

Well picking nits, a car port is definitely different where I come from. And an awning is also different. Porte cochere may not be common use in rural TX, especially if you don't often see them or use them. But it's common elsewhere, especially in the south, bigger cities, and places with old homes. It's a specific thing - a covered drive-thru driveway near an building's entrance, where you can load/unload cars (originally carriages) protected from the weather. Hospitals, airports, hotels, etc., have them.

I hope this source is acceptable:
http://m.midlothianmirror.com/article/20160421/NEWS/160429858

"The church door and window boarded up after the attack are on the opposite side of church, near the dumpsters, from the main entrance covered by a carport where a grey truck matching the description of Bevers vehicle was parked on Monday during the investigation."

While this is far from a definitive answer, this appears to be a local paper, so this may reflect local consensus as to which entrance is the main entrance. While the structure in question is not what I would consider an awning, I do think it's plausible that someone would use that word to describe it.

back to the killer/murderer/boogey man or woman --

I still continue to study enhanced/enlarged eye images from the surveillance video. And I've studied eye pictures of all individuals on the "target interest" list, all MB FB friends and campers, etc. for comparison. It's still my humble opinion that the eyes from the video most closely resemble CT's eyes.

This made me smile a bit. I'm a middle aged Southern woman (New Orleans) and I never heard the term Porte Cochere until Missy's case. I learn something new everyday.

Elle'Bee - Hmm. I thought Porte Cochere was a NOLA thing but only for the uptown houses, for everyone else is is a carport.

I still continue to study enhanced/enlarged eye images from the surveillance video. And I've studied eye pictures of all individuals on the "target interest" list, all MB FB friends and campers, etc. for comparison. It's still my humble opinion that the eyes from the video most closely resemble CT's eyes.
Did you see Inside Edition's guest artist's enhanced headshot image? I'm on an iPad, or I'd post the link for you. You can make out the eyebrows, and the eye shape looks different to me. (My opinion..)

Elle'Bee - Hmm. I thought Porte Cochere was a NOLA thing but only for the uptown houses, for everyone else is is a carport.

Growing up in SCour house had a single carport. We used the term for houses specifically.

I just quizzed my wife, who is Texas born and raised. She doesn't follow the Missy Bevers case and knows nothing about he church.

I said if you went to a church that had a big covered entrance that you drove under to let people out, what would you call that?

She said in Texas, we call that an awning.

I am right there with you MrsPC!

There are two entrances, the W and SW, with overhangs. Why would the porte-cochere even be considered an awning? The term used to described the structure outside of the SW doors is porte-cochere. On the other hand an awning is a "rooflike structure extending over a doorway."

Does the picture below look like an awning?

attachment.php

It doesn't to me. It looks like an extension of the actual structure as opposed to an awning. JMO

ETA - Try doing a Google image search for "awning." Then do an image search for "porte-cochere." The structure outside of the SW entrance is a PC, not an awning. IMO

If I took the entire first page of results for a Google awning image search and inserted the picture above and asked, "Which of these is not like the others?" the answer would clearly be the image of CCoC.

On March 9th it was raining, and Missy posted the "If it's raining we're still training meme" to her FB page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...571350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&theater

She said "Good Morning CG MIDLO....you know your training is never put on hold, no matter what the weather! We are under the awning at Creekside Church of Christ. See you soon!!"

I think we could safely assume she meant they were training in the porte cochere area, not that they were training under the awning of the west entrance as it wouldn't cover too many people! So there's one person who would call that porte cochere area an awning.....

Did you see Inside Edition's guest artist's enhanced headshot image? I'm on an iPad, or I'd post the link for you. You can make out the eyebrows, and the eye shape looks different to me. (My opinion..)

Not sure if you got a screen grab, but I think we would all benefit from seeing the enhanced image. Please share, if able/willing. I'm not usually a late poster- but this, I would wait up for.

On March 9th it was raining, and Missy posted the "If it's raining we're still training meme" to her FB page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...571350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&theater

She said "Good Morning CG MIDLO....you know your training is never put on hold, no matter what the weather! We are under the awning at Creekside Church of Christ. See you soon!!"

I think we could safely assume she meant they were training in the porte cochere area, not that they were training under the awning of the west entrance as it wouldn't cover too many people! So there's one person who would call that porte cochere area an awning.....

Great catch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member