TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I have trouble getting behind the 'she knew something' scenario, is because like you say, drug use is common. Drug abuse is a problem in all communities. It's not big enough of a deal to me - IMO. But folks have killed for less. I don't think the perps knew this would blow up like it has, capturing so much interest. People Magazine!?
I just have trouble going to the place that says, I'm going to commit a much more heinous crime in order to prevent the knowledge of my lesser crime from going public. Too risky.

If illegal drugs have a part in this (I think they may), then it would likely be far more involved than just SP killing MIssy because she found out he used drugs. In my scenario, it's because that knowledge leads to new knowledge about who supplied him with those drugs...and how important that person was at the local level (trusted community leader?) and rampant such a drug operation might be. A large-scale corruption involving community leaders and/or dirty cops - one that possibly was county-wide or even involving multiple counties- would be a scenario for a hush-up hit, IMO.

Purely hypothetical scenario:

What if MB 'discovered' drug use by a minor she knew, maybe even ran into frequently at the gym. What if she knew minor well enough in that small town that she approaced him privately about what she knew, about her concerns about his drug use. What if she promised not to tell his folks or the authorities on the condition that he stop using (eg. if she saw or was aware of transactions at the gym). What if minor and/or suppliers knew she was deeply bothered by this recent discovery (possibly because she discovered after talking to minor that he wasn't the only minor using, that trusted officials were involved and supplying, endorsing, or at least agreeing to look the other way, etc.). What if this was why she'd seemed more 'quiet' lately and had stopped attending the gym.

This then becomes a community corruption scenario...not just a single person using drugs. This 'community corruption' scenario is what I personally theorize was the motive in all this (given my observations concerning the recent Ellis County news stories and otherwise). Not just drug use by a single person, but something that, when brought to light, would snowball enormously.

I fell behind from this morning. Did anyone answer the question of whether the church has an alarm system, and if so, did the perp disable or disarm it?

To me this is a critical thing to know. If an alarm was present and he disarmed, then it's obvious targeting. If he disabled it, it could still be targeting but could also be B&E by a seasoned burglar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The April 18 PR last page Capt Spann says there is not an alarm permit on file for the church, which lead him to believe there is no alarm.

Good point! Though to be exact, this tells me that LE knows where SP was last seen on video as MB was walking down the hall. He could have been hiding there since 4:15 or even earlier for all we know, and so they maybe wouldn't have him on video at 4:18.

JMO but here's the scenario I envision: I think MB drove up about 4:16, possibly unloaded one or two items by the SW portico door (we saw unloaded stuff in photo in earlier threads by her gray car, though I suppose that could've been LE equipment) - then entered by the W (main) doors at about 4:18, turned right, and walked down the hallway directly towards the SW corner camera until out of view (in the vestibule) where she'd planned to open up the exterior doors for her equipment. That vestibule was also where perp was hiding off camera for however many minutes as he lay in wait--(I'm guessing at least since he spotted her headlights entering that driveway about 4:16am--though maybe earlier if he had an accomplice tipping him off as to her precise movements.) He ambushed her there quickly, then pressed the horizontal panic bar hardware and exited the exterior doors. Due to panic hardware design (discussed extensively in prior threads), no need for key or interior unlocking after main entrance has been entered, though access from outside would still be locked.

That would explain:

1. the attack being off-camera (vestibule was out of camera range) but still in the SW interior corner of the building

2. her being 'in plain view' of the campers - who likely saw her through the glass doors but (due to exterior-locked panic hardware) still had to enter the front unlocked doors to reach her

3. Swatperp not being seen again on camera (he exited the exterior SW portico doors).

The hallway or restroom area is tempting to contemplate, and I may be wrong, but I've ruled it out for two reasons:

1. If SP was, as LE has described, laying in wait for her ambush-style, he could be 100% sure she'd walk into that vestibule (as opposed to the restroom which would be more of a maybe, however likely)

2. If SP attacked her in the restroom or hallway outside of the restroom, he would at some point be captured on motion-activated cameras making his way out of the building (unless tunneling out or breaking through the brick walls). Breakage of that glass table in the hallway would also have been caught on camera as we see that table in camera footage. It is 'in range.' Therefore, the attack wasn't near the table or it'd have been caught on camera.

3. The inner vestibule doors and stationary windows alongside them would quite likely be broken in a vestibule attack involving a gun if perp attacks her as she enters the vestibule. (Okay, the gun is just my pet theory for reasons outlined many thread-moons ago ;)...but again, there IS plenty of glass breakage possible in a vestibule-with-glass-doors murder scene, whether with hammer or gun.)

JMO, but 25+ threads later, that is still the only scenario to me that fits with all three of these statements we've been given.
I hate to be the one to tell you but a WS in the last thread asked the MPD FB directly if MB entered under the awning where she was parked. The answer was ,
"That's correct."

However, I am really having a hard time imagining it anywhere else. I'm tempted to ask again but I'm chicken. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Why did it take missy 4 minutes to go from car into church?

Another source states she entered building at 4:18. (Discussed discrepancy in earlier threads to no conclusion.)

Regardless, if there was a delay of 2-4 minutes, it might have been due to her unloading a few items prior to running around to unlock the main entrance. There was an early photo from the crime scene with her gray truck there by the portico, front passenger door ajar, and large items (speakers??) on the concrete there by the glass entrance. This scenario seems plausible, at least, to me.

Another source states she entered building at 4:18. (Discussed discrepancy in earlier threads to no conclusion.)

Regardless, if there was a delay of 2-4 minutes, it might have been due to her unloading a few items prior to running around to unlock the main entrance. There was an early photo from the crime scene with her gray truck there by the portico, front passenger door ajar, and large items (speakers??) on the concrete there by the glass entrance. This scenario seems plausible, at least, to me.
Go to the beginning of Thread 32. That was the beginning of the big debate. I didn't find the screen capture, however of the
FB reply from MPD. But we all saw it.

I hate to be the one to tell you but a WS in the last thread asked the MPD FB directly if MB entered under the awning where she was parked. The answer was ,
"That's correct."

However, I am really having a hard time imagining it anywhere else. I'm tempted to ask again but I'm chicken. [emoji15]

Wouldn't you know it, miss one thread, and something happens. :o

Thanks, Razz. I'll check it out.

Playing with scenarios, now. So, if she entered the building at 4:18 (or 4:20) by the SW portico door, she could've been caught walking on camera the opposite direction, towards the kitchen - where she could've been killed off-camera, and perp then 'left by the way he entered' (kitchen door, which has been iffy to me due to the LE comment "presumably"). But this would be a second scenario whereby the camera could record her "walking down the hall toward the suspect's location," but attack not on camera, nor perp's exit on camera. Missy would've been 'in plain sight' to campers once they entered the kitchen, then. (Though not as readily seen, so I'm wondering about that prompt call at 5 AM to 911.) But presumably the campers would enter the building a few minutes early to be ready to start for class, so it might work. Like someone posted upthread, maybe Missy had concocted that juicing recipe (mentioned on the FBK post) and brought it to the kitchen to share prior to their workout. Maybe the campers knew it would be there; maybe that was a part of their arrival routine, while waiting for all the campers.

The reason I have trouble getting behind the 'she knew something' scenario, is because like you say, drug use is common. Drug abuse is a problem in all communities. It's not big enough of a deal to me - IMO. But folks have killed for less. I don't think the perps knew this would blow up like it has, capturing so much interest. People Magazine!?
I just have trouble going to the place that says, I'm going to commit a much more heinous crime in order to prevent the knowledge of my lesser crime from going public. Too risky.

In OH 8 family members were killed in 4 locations (same day) over a suspected drugs...marijuana farming.
pike county

Apropos of nothing being discussed now---since it took me so darn long to find these images on my laptop---but since some have wondered if SP could have crossed or followed the creek behind Creekside to walk away from the church, I figured I'd share these images to show how a Texas creek might be traversable on dry days and become quite the opposite during Texas's rainy season.

Note: The creek shown here is NOT the creek behind Creekside. It is, however, in North Central Texas.

I removed two people from the first photo. The last photo was taken during a brief break in a week of heavy storms, similar to what the region was experiencing in mid-April this year.

The "dry" photos show a view of the area from the right. The little creek is not visible in the "dry" photos. The bridge in the background does allow pedestrians to cross it. The "rainy" photo shows a view of the same area from the left.

And FWIW, these are my personal photos not random images downloaded from the Internet. Again, this is not the creek behind Creekside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Creek.2.jpg
    Creek.2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Creek.1.jpg
    Creek.1.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 4741_1157459225462_4549455_n.jpg
    4741_1157459225462_4549455_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 297
I read up a bit on it, and I know maybe a naive question, but did they pawn the guns for "monies" sake? For the money? seems so odd to me. Lose all credibility for greed. MOO

This is about the corrupt police gun theft in Midlothian. Sorry not caught up on it. Anyone? I can't even remember if I happened before or after Missy was killed...

Just like any organization, the quality of work varies from person to person, location to location. I have considered that if I were the defense attorney on this one, I'd take one of their height announcements that was farthest away from the perps actual height and hammer at it. "If the height's not right, you must requite"

Yeah! Lol

Now I'm gonna act out the role of a hit man... starting at the church pkg lot:
OK! Here I am in the church parking lot and ready to go! Got the alarm tested, and no cops came. All right! Now I'd better hurry. It's gettin late. I think I'll try the back doors since they're outta sight. No way! I can't get in. Will I get in in time? Side door looks easier. Ok, got it open. I'm drenched. Gotta run back to the car and grab my duffle bag full of swat clothes. Better hurry. Where will I change? This first room looks perfect. Ok, changed and ready to check out the church. Now that I'm in, I can relax a bit but I still gotta hurry a bit or Missy might see me in the hallway breakin stuff. Where's the cameras? Ok. Now for some B&E staging.
Missy will be here at X o'clock and she's never late I'm told. Gotta find a place where I know she will definitely walk to and its gotta be off camera. I don't want something to go wrong and my identity gets revealed. Hmmm, and it's got to be near the door where she comes in at or I could miss her. Ok, looks like Location X will work. I see car lights. Gotta get out of sight before she sees me.....
Done. Outta here. Should be ok, though, since I have half an hr before its time for the campers to get here.
Feasible?
A stalker would probably be similar to this, but different motive.

In your scenario I see SP in a hurry. SP was anything but in a hurry. Like I stated before if SP is the actual killer I will drink a beer and I HATE beer.

This is about the corrupt police gun theft in Midlothian. Sorry not caught up on it. Anyone? I can't even remember if I happened before or after Missy was killed...
Ellis Co deputy was busted when guns were taken to a local pawn shop and the owner turned him in. He was in custody when MB was murdered. Investigation showed it to be much bigger than a couple of guns pawned by one guy and a second arrest happened just a week or 2 after the murder.

Good point! Though to be exact, this tells me that LE knows where SP was last seen on video as MB was walking down the hall. He could have been hiding there since 4:15 or even earlier for all we know, and so they maybe wouldn't have him on video at 4:18.

JMO but here's the scenario I envision: I think MB drove up about 4:16, possibly unloaded one or two items by the SW portico door (we saw unloaded stuff in photo in earlier threads by her gray car, though I suppose that could've been LE equipment) - then entered by the W (main) doors at about 4:18, turned right, and walked down the hallway directly towards the SW corner camera until out of view (in the vestibule) where she'd planned to open up the exterior doors for her equipment. That vestibule was also where perp was hiding off camera for however many minutes as he lay in wait--(I'm guessing at least since he spotted her headlights entering that driveway about 4:16am--though maybe earlier if he had an accomplice tipping him off as to her precise movements.) He ambushed her there quickly, then pressed the horizontal panic bar hardware and exited the exterior doors. Due to panic hardware design (discussed extensively in prior threads), no need for key or interior unlocking after main entrance has been entered, though access from outside would still be locked.

That would explain:

1. the attack being off-camera (vestibule was out of camera range) but still in the SW interior corner of the building

2. her being 'in plain view' of the campers - who likely saw her through the glass doors but (due to exterior-locked panic hardware) still had to enter the front unlocked doors to reach her

3. Swatperp not being seen again on camera (he exited the exterior SW portico doors).

The hallway or restroom area is tempting to contemplate, and I may be wrong, but I've ruled it out for two reasons:

1. If SP was, as LE has described, laying in wait for her ambush-style, he could be 100% sure she'd walk into that vestibule (as opposed to the restroom which would be more of a maybe, however likely)

2. If SP attacked her in the restroom or hallway outside of the restroom, he would at some point be captured on motion-activated cameras making his way out of the building (unless tunneling out or breaking through the brick walls). Breakage of that glass table in the hallway would also have been caught on camera as we see that table in camera footage. It is 'in range.' Therefore, the attack wasn't near the table or it'd have been caught on camera.

3. The inner vestibule doors and stationary windows alongside them would quite likely be broken in a vestibule attack involving a gun if perp attacks her as she enters the vestibule. (Okay, the gun is just my pet theory for reasons outlined many thread-moons ago ;)...but again, there IS plenty of glass breakage possible in a vestibule-with-glass-doors murder scene, whether with hammer or gun.)

JMO, but 25+ threads later, that is still the only scenario to me that fits with all three of these statements we've been given.

But earlier this week, it was said on this thread that LE confirmed that Missy entered SW doors.

snipped by me

I truly hope the crack LE team applied all of these techniques. I hope they have this level of knowledge of the subject. I assume they do, but have no way of knowing. Even considering all of this, it's possible there was a miscalculation here or there. I have checked, re-checked, re-re-checked my measurements, as have others. I'm very confident with my numbers and completely baffled at LE's numbers. As I've said before, I hope someday I will learn how they arrived at their numbers.

Batbrat, I've admired your extensive research and knowledge in this area, along with your graphic representations. Please remind me again what your height estimation was. TIA.

If illegal drugs have a part in this (I think they may), then it would likely be far more involved than just SP killing MIssy because she found out he used drugs. In my scenario, it's because that knowledge leads to new knowledge about who supplied him with those drugs...and how important that person was at the local level (trusted community leader?) and rampant such a drug operation might be. A large-scale corruption involving community leaders and/or dirty cops - one that possibly was county-wide or even involving multiple counties- would be a scenario for a hush-up hit, IMO.

Purely hypothetical scenario:

What if MB 'discovered' drug use by a minor she knew, maybe even ran into frequently at the gym. What if she knew minor well enough in that small town that she approaced him privately about what she knew, about her concerns about his drug use. What if she promised not to tell his folks or the authorities on the condition that he stop using (eg. if she saw or was aware of transactions at the gym). What if minor and/or suppliers knew she was deeply bothered by this recent discovery (possibly because she discovered after talking to minor that he wasn't the only minor using, that trusted officials were involved and supplying, endorsing, or at least agreeing to look the other way, etc.). What if this was why she'd seemed more 'quiet' lately and had stopped attending the gym.

This then becomes a community corruption scenario...not just a single person using drugs. This 'community corruption' scenario is what I personally theorize was the motive in all this (given my observations concerning the recent Ellis County news stories and otherwise). Not just drug use by a single person, but something that, when brought to light, would snowball enormously.

and/or a guy offered her drugs and she declined, and then knew too much.

just a few pics of the eyes - from screen captures from the MPD surveillance video

left eyes first:

left eye 1.02.png

left eye after prying door.png

left eye.png

right eyes:

right eye 1.04.png

right eye 1.05A.png

will post more right eyes next post as forum only allows 5 at a time

another couple right eyes:

right eye 1.05C.png

evil right eye 1.04B.png

and I have hundreds more. It is really difficult to get both eyes in the very same frame due to lighting/shadows/the garb the killer is wearing, etc. There are several shots where the killer is squinting her eyes and there's even a shot where she is walking to that last alcove where she is looking straight up and looks as if she is praying or crying. I emailed several to police today. I still believe it's CT.

I laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you got me laughing. Well, he was just carrying tools. He wanted to upgrade. Lol
This comment is in answer to cannonball's finding MY comment about the perp (going to the gun shop because he wanted a gun because he didn't have one) humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow