TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most certainly he probably can't win either way. That first interview you mention... He spoke for 4 minutes then said he was done and tried to break away. A savy reporter asked one more question, and the interview went on for another 23 MINUTES. Crazy
One of the local tv stations has raw video - don't remember which station, perhaps the NBC - where they have him coming from the house over to them and talking as he is walking before the actual interview starts where he is basically saying to them "if we get this over with now you all can then leave us alone" and after a minute or two (while someone is still setting up) the interview gets started. If he didn't do that the 20 some people there would still be camped there for hours on end at the end of the driveway.

One of the local tv stations has raw video - don't remember which station, perhaps the NBC - where they have him coming from the house over to them and talking as he is walking before the actual interview starts where he is basically saying to them "if we get this over with now you all can then leave us alone" and after a minute or two (while someone is still setting up) the interview gets started. If he didn't do that the 20 some people there would still be camped there for hours on end at the end of the driveway.
He was going to have a bunch of people camped wherever he went and he usually engaged with them anyway.....willingly.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Actually the SWs did not contain any information of an affair... either by MB or BB. The LI SW referenced communications that were "familiar and flirtatious." That can mean many things. The affidavit for the AT&T SW mentioned that the couple was experiencing "martial and financial difficulties." Once again, that can mean many things, and it certainly doesn't point fingers. Out of respect for the victim and her family, the SWs did not detail the nature of those problems. However, both MT and KS have been sure to clarify some of it for us. :facepalm:

Regardless of whether or not the Bevers/Tucker/Stout families were complicit in MB's death, their behavior has been less than ideal. I feel for the three girls.

I feel for all of them. They are victims too. They lost someone they loved. And whenever they speak out, it seems their words get twisted around. Not speaking about you specifically, but just generally. Hopefully an arrest will come soon, because we sure aren't getting any closer to solving it by criticizing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the SW for MB's iPhone and ipad it states on page 6
BBM
" the subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices"

I've never noticed that before that LE has video of SP going through offices.

You don't think they were mainly referring to interior rooms in general? I do.

Any word at all re: missy's parents? Do they see their grandkids? Seems the kids are still in Oregon with the bever family?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey privateaye, when replying to a post, it seems like you are putting your reply in the wrong place. It should start after the "[/QUOTE]", or else the formatting is confusing and looks like your reply is part of what the other poster said rather than your own words.

Assuming this was not spontaneous such as a result of a B&E gone bad, it would have to well planned out.
- Did they know the outside cameras were not working? (Or they got lucky.) In one of the pictures of the church on here I thought I saw at least one camera on the roof aimed toward a parking lot. If I saw that, the killer had to have seen it if they planned ahead and, if so, they didn't seem to be concerned about them if they drove there. (And I believe they did.)
- They wore a disguise that covered their face and could even make their body type or gender difficult to determine. They knew about the cameras inside in advance? That means they did a recon some time before. They could have attended a crowded service like Easter when a stranger would be least likely to draw attention.
- They knew Missy's habits or procedures when the weather was bad and she held the workouts inside. When she arrived, where she parked, etc. Unless it was a camper that arrived early on a previous session, they would have parked somewhere to watch. Where? In the lot? That might have drawn Missy's attention. In the gun store down the road with binoculars? I would hope LE looked at videos from that store for as far back as they could for 0400-0500 on the mornings of the sessions. Or did Missy make the details known via a website? I'm inclined to believe that if they planned it they actually drove there sometime in the 2 months prior.
- The killer is walking around and apparently using the hammer or whatever it is while walking through. No indication of stealing. It just seems to me they were waiting and had nervous energy. Maybe just taking some practice swings with the hammer. It doesn't seem like 'professional' hit. They could've been hired, but they possibly had not killed before. I would think an experienced killer would have already made a recon of the building, knew where/how Missy was entering and already have a spot picked out to wait. Preferably some place outside the view of the camera. Break in and get to that spot quickly to minimize time on the video, but they didn't do it that way. I just believe this was either personal to the killer or it was someone 'hired' cheaply to do this. A 'wannabe' hit man - or woman. But not a 'professional' or experienced killer. Like deer hunting - you scout out the woods, find the deer sign and the morning of the hunt you know just you're going to be based on the wind. No walking around aimlessly.

But this is just my take on it. Others may see it differently.

One thing - Missy went into the building no matter where the workout was. She turned on lights and the bathrooms were available for campers. So moving the camp inside didn't change anything about her routine. She would have gone inside anyway.

In the SW for MB's iPhone and ipad it states on page 6
BBM
" the subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices"

I've never noticed that before that LE has video of SP going through offices.
If they truly have video of SP in the office area they should release that because a camera there would have a larger than life view of SP.

Hey privateaye, when replying to a post, it seems like you are putting your reply in the wrong place. It should start after the "[ / QUOTE]", or else the formatting is confusing and looks like your reply is part of what the other poster said rather than your own words.

What are you talking about? My post was not a reply to anyone. Those were all my original words.

What are you talking about? My post was not a reply to anyone. Those were all my original words.

Never mind - I think it must have been a glitch on my end with the way things were formatted. Looks fine now.

If they truly have video of SP in the office area they should release that because a camera there would have a larger than life view of SP.
LE not showing any more video - wonder why??

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

LE not showing any more video - wonder why??

Obviously, LE must not need help from the public. Clues/evidence being withheld? Cold case already? We, the public, are at LE mercy. We all want this case brought to trial, but that is NOT happening.

Obviously, LE must not need help from the public. Clues/evidence being withheld? Cold case already? We, the public, are at LE mercy. We all want this case brought to trial, but that is NOT happening.
We do want it solved - keep thinking an arrest is imminent but fear it may be a random perp and may never be solved😣

I want to apologize in advance because this post will not get us any closer to finding Missy's killer. However, I need to share with people who will understand. I have a friend who is a CG participant in the Dallas area, and she worked out with AT this past week. AT keeps tagging my friend in pictures so his posts are showing up in my FB newsfeed. I am not even attempting to "stalk" him on Facebook, but he keeps showing up in my feed! It's just peculiar to see my friend standing next to AT. So bizarre and strange.... it truly is a small world.

Justice for Missy.

He would not have activated any cameras in the kitchen area, correct.

-Nin

No, but he would have had to remain in any off-camera location for hours. We know he didn't show up on any footage until 3:50. So for him to demonstrate such knowledge of camera placement and operation that he would remain hidden for all those hours - that assumes a level of intelligence and preparation that I just don't buy, IMHO.

No, but he would have had to remain in any off-camera location for hours. We know he didn't show up on any footage until 3:50. So for him to demonstrate such knowledge of camera placement and operation that he would remain hidden for all those hours - that assumes a level of intelligence and preparation that I just don't buy, IMHO.

He could have stayed in the kitchen area for x amount of hours or minutes, or he could have also left and come back. He could have broken the NE double doors, then left and returned. He could have also already staged everything the evening before, left and returned. We just don't know. That does not mean it didn't happen. Just my opinion.

-Nin

I am wondering, if the perp knew the outside cams were operational or not. Let's say he anticipated the cams were working - he must have noticed the parking lot sign(s), why not stick to the NE doors as entry point? Why still entering via kitchen door, if there might have been the possibility of the outside cams capturing his break-in?

If he did not care due to the fact, that he would be on cams anyway upon entering the church hallways, then this would point to having previous knowledge of such fact IMO. Add to it his whole attire, which may have served several purposes, but definitely but not limited to conceal his or her identity including gender. Thus the perp is at least familiar with the existence of the inside surveillance cameras.
That perp would not just be a random transient burglarizing or vandalizing a church. He has either been to the church before (local church-goer), or he had knowledge about the church (local), or he had insider information ( through local or church-goer/member).

Just same random thoughts. All MO of course.

-Nin

The question is, why did the perp broke the glass of the NE entrance double doors, and yet made their entry through the metal kitchen door, supposedly by breaking in the glass panel and engaging the panic bar by reaching inside according to LE presser? Why was the kitchen door not locked - panic bar disengaged ? Especially, if the church knew of the outside surveillances not properly functioning?

The blood drive in the church's parking lot the day before Missy was murdered may have served as a good "excuse" for forgetting to lock that kitchen door, if that door is usually being kept locked. Or, that door is never being locked. Then again, why not?

Even if the perp pretested, whether the church had an alarm or not, why not entering through the already broken glass doors (NE)?

-Nin

Very good question!!

Very good question!!

Thank you. Further, if he was aware of the church's security system(s) and he planned a break in, how comes he was not aware of the early CG group? If he initially indeed planned a burglary, wouldn't he have researched or observed that particular target? I know I would have.

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member