TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the source of the information about her always using the bathroom first?
Oh, I forgot to put possible scenario. Actually the whole thing is. I tried do a reenactment of sorts.
JMO
Plus, lots of women do check out the bathroom...the hair, etc.

My leanings today is stalker. A poster earlier today mentioned her creepy msg, her flirtatious LI texts, her acting different the last few times at the gym. I guess I'm cycling back to my original thought.... Stalker. JMOT just my opinion today
The known info from SW, etc pretty much confirmed who the "familiar and flirtatious" messages on LinkedIn was with but there still hasn't been any confirmation that there was this "creepy" one that a "friend" supposedly saw. I'm not convinced there even was one. If so, they were able to track it digitally and aren't releasing the info. If not, then I'd be looking into the statement further. Pretty convenient the person couldn't remember a name that went with it.

I agree with this. MT gives the impression that MB was the only parent being unfaithful and even if that was true, it is a terrible thing to let the grand-daughters find out. IMHO MT is a real piece of work...
I would consider someone more of "a piece of work" that wouldn't realize that the kids were going to find out thru these reports anyway and just to allow that vs telling them before that happened. When you have media and rumors involved you don't have any control of time frame or how things are put our to the public. MT could've possibly nor been aware of both being involved with others when she said that.

Exactly!! On top of that, this is from the People Magazine article:

It helps them to hear that their dad "loved her no matter what," Tucker adds. "Whatever happened in the past, he still loved her."

Like WHY wouldn't she say that MB loved BB? Not just that BB loved her... JMO but I believe that she is the one trying to tarnish those memories, trying to get the girls on BBs side so if he ever is connected to her murder that they'll still believe their dad wasn't.. JMO but I believe that if she doesn't know if BB is involved or not but it doesn't matter cause a mother will always defend their child ESPECIALLY if they believe they are a part of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's pretty simple why she would say "he loved her no matter what happened in the past"...... because she knew there would be people convicting him without anything to go on and they would be hearing it daily. Maybe....just maybe she really believes he didn't have anything to do with this.

Which is perfectly fine. It's the right thing not to hold back from the police, but they have run their mouths to the press every time they got the chance! That's not ok! Not taking issue with you..just can't believe what a 'caring' way MT has about her

It is OK to be running to the press as much as they have if it keeps people talking and MB''s story out there in the forefront. I'd do the same thing. Holly Bobo's family did. Jacque Waller's family did. Lacy Peterson's family did. Is it only OK to do it as long as the public feels the entire family wasn't in on it?

I'm not following your reasoning. Why and how would he have done any of that? He would have had to know that exterior cameras only worked intermittently and that somehow they would not be working when he needed them to.

The longer he spent there, and the more times he went there and left and came back again, he would have increased his risk.

The individual may have broken the NE doors and then left in wait to see, if police would be dispatched. Or he was an insider to the church and has prepped his point of entry hours prior to the actual break in. Or he was not a church insider, but had knowledge about the interior cameras and stayed in the kitchen area to for example dry up or to change into his outfit. All MO

-Nin

You are working from the assumption that the panic bar was NOT disengaged, and asking questions that follow that theory. But I think the evidence clearly says exactly the opposite - ie, the panic bar didn't provide access. And while I trust the professional investigators have appropriate evidence to support which door the perp ultimately entered, afaik they haven't said (and don't really know) which door perp might have attacked first, or when.

It was reported the perp broke the glass panel and reached inside to open the door. Yes, I assume therefore the panic bar was unlocked, unless there is an additional lock system, which again would have been to be unlocked.

-Nin

Is this accurately reported? If so, it sounds to me like she had been alone at CCoC between 4 and 5 in the morning all the time, 3 days every week, and some other location at those same wee hours 2 days a week. And if that's the case, in retrospect this seems like an attack ripe and waiting to happen, in a way, and I can even better understand why BB mentioned he had been so concerned.
Do we know if classes are still held at CCoC?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

STALKER SCENARIO. (Amateur re-enactment of sorts).
I wasn't there lol
He really 'likes' her. Never seen anyone like her. Rejected !!!
He's been following her on facebook and knows where her class is and when its held. He also knows (from stalking her) when she gets to the church. She's so predictable. He tests the alarm by breaking a window, then drives around a while to see if the police come. No police! No alarm! He parks far away from building. The weather is bad so he's not worried about the cameras, and anyways he put fake plates on.
Next step: breach a door. He's very pleased that he got in so easy.
Next he sees the cameras, no, not worried. His outfit was well worth the expense. It will hide his identity, his DNA, and the bullet proof vest just might be needed. Time to make it look like a burglary. Good enough.
Ok...here's car headlights. Is it her? Yes.
Since he knows Missy always goes to the bathroom first when she gets to the gym, he hides in the men's bathtoom. He'll hear her steps.
Done.
The problem I have with the stalker scenario is that, and I'm not sure about this mind you, but I believe they usually try to assault their victims sexually. Even if you say okay he ran out of time or something like that it doesn't make sense he would be completely within a SWAT uniform and can't assault her or that he would have chosen a place with video cameras where he can't assault her. I'm not saying 100% of the time that is what stalkers do, but I believe that is the general MO. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The problem I have with the stalker scenario is that, and I'm not sure about this mind you, but I believe they usually try to assault their victims sexually. Even if you say okay he ran out of time or something like that it doesn't make sense he would be completely within a SWAT uniform and can't assault her or that he would have chosen a place with video cameras where he can't assault her. I'm not saying 100% of the time that is what stalkers do, but I believe that is the general MO. Just my opinion.

I haven't looked up statistics on this, but I'm not sure that the general MO of a stalker would be sexual assault. If the assumption is that the perp was a stalker and that he was infatuated with her, I would agree. But she may have been stalked by a killer who just likes to torture and kill, like BTK. He killed both men and women, and it wasn't about sex.

I haven't looked up statistics on this, but I'm not sure that the general MO of a stalker would be sexual assault. If the assumption is that the perp was a stalker and that he was infatuated with her, I would agree. But she may have been stalked by a killer who just likes to torture and kill, like BTK. He killed both men and women, and it wasn't about sex.

True, if it was for some psychotic reason vice sexual. But to me it seems this person was angry, was there to kill her, not assault.

The known info from SW, etc pretty much confirmed who the "familiar and flirtatious" messages on LinkedIn was with but there still hasn't been any confirmation that there was this "creepy" one that a "friend" supposedly saw. I'm not convinced there even was one. If so, they were able to track it digitally and aren't releasing the info. If not, then I'd be looking into the statement further. Pretty convenient the person couldn't remember a name that went with it.
LE should try hypnotizing the friend to see if s/he can recall any additional details. I know if my friend showed me a 'creepy' message, I would remember it! Especially one that was just days old... Just sayin'.

Seems to me, the dogs would have detected the trail of where SP went after the murder. S/he would have been covered with dna. If the armor was hidden in the creek for example, one of those dogs would have followed the trail out back.

I believe the "ghost" Altima played a huge role in this case.

Seems to me, the dogs would have detected the trail of where SP went after the murder. S/he would have been covered with dna. If the armor was hidden in the creek for example, one of those dogs would have followed the trail out back.

I think that the rain would have an negative effect on the dogs ability to follow a scent trail. JMO

LE stated that they knew a vehicle left the parking lot shortly after her murder, but they stated they could not identify a make or model. If the killer left via a car, the dog is only going to go as far as where the car was parked. (If that were case, though, it would at least give LE reason to believe the vehicle they knew left the lot likely carried the killer away from the scene.)

I wonder if LE did get any DNA off Missy? But by choosing to kill her with blunt force or knife or whatever caused the 'puncture' wounds, the murderer will definitely have evidence on what they were wearing.

I think that the rain would have an negative effect on the dogs ability to follow a scent trail. JMO

I have no experience with SAR dogs, but I do know that deer hounds are not affected that much by the rain when tracking a scent. We have a couple of SAR experts on WS and they might be able to shed more light on that point.

I'm still really 50/50 on the B&E vs. planned murder. The thoughts I keep coming back to are:

If the murder was a planned attack, the ideal murder weapon was not brought along. We have no indication of a firearm being used - puncture wound is not how you describe gun-shot wounds. If it was a planned attack, and indeed a gun was not used, there is a reason for that - zero gun experience, a felony, small house/children where hiding a gun might be difficult, unable to use existing guns in the household for some reason, unable to purchase a gun without being noticed, unable to get far enough away from home to purchase a gun unnoticed. This is Texas - where gun culture is pervasive and it's not uncommon for most households to own at least one firearm. Therefore, I'm looking for suspects who are unlikely to have access to a firearm in a situation where a firearm would be literally (or subjectively) most efficient.

If this is a B&E, it's not a regular burglary. I see a relaxed, "show-boating" attitude, sauntering around, having their way in an empty building. Doesn't look like SP cares too much about any "target" in the building. I'm not trying to weave some tale, but this looks like it could be a "thrill" b&e ritual. SP dresses up like this and breaks into buildings from time to time. Sometimes destroying property, sometimes stealing something opportunistically, sometimes making a sandwich. SP thinks they are stealthy and they have a late night secret. Like a cat burglar. SP thinks he/she is smart by having their "go-costume" that over time they've put together to be perfect. In this scenario we have a surprise confrontation on the other side of the building between MB and SP where a chase occurs (back toward the SW side of the building) where SP freaks out and kills her. This is the first time someone has interrupted them on one of their late-night rituals.

I walked in on a burglary in progress in my home in February. I came within about 5 feet of the guy and while he swung his giant wrench/break-in tool at me and ran after me as I tried to escape my house he ran directly past me and out into the alley to his car. Burglars down't want to get caught. They want to get out. They engage only if prevented from escaping or if it's a heist way beyond a home/church burglary.

Weirdo cat burglars who have this late-night power trip secret would want to neutralize someone who could bring everything crashing down.

I'm still really 50/50 on the B&E vs. planned murder. The thoughts I keep coming back to are:

If the murder was a planned attack, the ideal murder weapon was not brought along. We have no indication of a firearm being used - puncture wound is not how you describe gun-shot wounds. If it was a planned attack, and indeed a gun was not used, there is a reason for that - zero gun experience, a felony, small house/children where hiding a gun might be difficult, unable to use existing guns in the household for some reason, unable to purchase a gun without being noticed, unable to get far enough away from home to purchase a gun unnoticed. This is Texas - where gun culture is pervasive and it's not uncommon for most households to own at least one firearm. Therefore, I'm looking for suspects who are unlikely to have access to a firearm in a situation where a firearm would be literally (or subjectively) most efficient.

If this is a B&E, it's not a regular burglary. I see a relaxed, "show-boating" attitude, sauntering around, having their way in an empty building. Doesn't look like SP cares too much about any "target" in the building. I'm not trying to weave some tale, but this looks like it could be a "thrill" b&e ritual. SP dresses up like this and breaks into buildings from time to time. Sometimes destroying property, sometimes stealing something opportunistically, sometimes making a sandwich. SP thinks they are stealthy and they have a late night secret. Like a cat burglar. SP thinks he/she is smart by having their "go-costume" that over time they've put together to be perfect. In this scenario we have a surprise confrontation on the other side of the building between MB and SP where a chase occurs (back toward the SW side of the building) where SP freaks out and kills her. This is the first time someone has interrupted them on one of their late-night rituals.

I walked in on a burglary in progress in my home in February. I came within about 5 feet of the guy and while he swung his giant wrench/break-in tool at me and ran after me as I tried to escape my house he ran directly past me and out into the alley to his car. Burglars down't want to get caught. They want to get out. They engage only if prevented from escaping or if it's a heist way beyond a home/church burglary.

Weirdo cat burglars who have this late-night power trip secret would want to neutralize someone who could bring everything crashing down.

I tend to believe it was a planned murder, but your point about the ideal weapon, a gun, not being used causes me to have some doubts as well. Unless there is something more definitive that LE has and isn't sharing, I imagine they are struggling with a motive here as well.

I tend to believe it was a planned murder, but your point about the ideal weapon, a gun, not being used causes me to have some doubts as well. Unless there is something more definitive that LE has and isn't sharing, I imagine they are struggling with a motive here as well.
Traceability might be a reason not to want to use a gun. Also, a claw hammer is much more personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member