TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of circumstantial vs. concrete evidence, I don't think the DA will try a case unless it's a slam dunk. They've got 1 shot to get this creep, so they want to make sure it's going to get true billed by the grand jury. JMO

You get as many shots as you want, to get an indictment from a grand jury. It's not a one-and-done situation. Although, if they say no, you probably don't have much of a case anyhow, as it's not incredibly hard to get them to indict in the first place.

I know I started this a while back but I am going to revisit. I have spent the last hour searching more charter websites trying to find one that leaves early 5-6am for Chandeleur and I cannot find one. I know some have said BB may have gone with a person with a private boat due to vendor but I find that unlikely and if so that they wouldn't follow the many charters that leave at 12:01am Monday. Safety in numbers. Going 40 miles off coast. Yes did LE check his alibi -yes - but if this were arranged to leave on Mo day 5-6am this is very unusual and should be suspect. JMO

I am not saying BB is SP . Just saying his story about 5-6am does not jive with other charter services.

I'm still debating with myself about whether BB is involved but IMO you don't have enough information to verify the charter information. You need to know:

1. the vendor
2. the charter company
3. whether the vendor purchased an open space for BB on the boat or did the vendor charter the whole boat for as a private charter

none of which we know

I book travel and events including vendor sponsored trips and I'm leaning toward a vendor sponsored private charter.

1. MT said the trip was planned a year in advance and vendor paid. Most charter companies are not going to have their public schedules available a year in advance yet I would be able to charter a whole boat a year ahead. Call a few charters and check for yourself.

2. There wasn't bad whether in Mississippi. A publically available charter would have left on schedule. There was bad weather in TX that caused BB's flight to be delayed. If a vendor has a private charter they can dictate when the boat departs as they have paid for the boat for a specified period and amount of time. If my clients' flights were being delayed due to weather I would want the boat to leave as soon as reasonably possible and been on phone with the charter company with updates and making arrangements.

3. You are just not going to find information on a specific private charter online they way you can find about a public charter.

I'm hopeful that LE verified each aspect of BB's alibi starting with the vendor and charter company.

Now, what would make BB more a POI in my mind is

1. He had a year to plan
2. His alibi is very tidy

that's more fishy IMO

You get as many shots as you want, to get an indictment from a grand jury. It's not a one-and-done situation. Although, if they say no, you probably don't have much of a case anyhow, as it's not incredibly hard to get them to indict in the first place.

Yeah, I was on grand jury before. You feel like a pawn of the prosecutor because you don't really know the law that well. I would say it's easy to indict, EXCEPT if it's a police officer...

Batbrat, I've admired your extensive research and knowledge in this area, along with your graphic representations. Please remind me again what your height estimation was. TIA.

Thank you! I have consistently arrived at 71" - 73" or slightly higher, based on a an 84" door installation. Subtracting shoes and helmet, my estimation without gear is between 5'8.5"- 5'11".

another couple right eyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

and I have hundreds more. It is really difficult to get both eyes in the very same frame due to lighting/shadows/the garb the killer is wearing, etc. There are several shots where the killer is squinting her eyes and there's even a shot where she is walking to that last alcove where she is looking straight up and looks as if she is praying or crying. I emailed several to police today. I still believe it's CT.

Hi MrsPC

I believe that SP is CT too. I just cannot wrap my head around how she could have left her house and returned without anyone noticing. What are your thought????

Hi MrsPC

I believe that SP is CT too. I just cannot wrap my head around how she could have left her house and returned without anyone noticing. What are your thought????

Just theorizing...if AJ left for his own CG training and the kids were sleeping over at nana's (?), then perhaps it wouldn't be that difficult. Yes, I remember reading that here (kids not home), but no, I don't know if I could find it again.

I think MB drove up about 4:16, possibly unloaded one or two items by the SW portico door (we saw unloaded stuff in photo in earlier threads by her gray car, though I suppose that could've been LE equipment) - then entered by the W (main) doors at about 4:18, turned right, and ...

You're trying to get the various statements by LE to fit, in relation to MB. That makes sense. But in so doing, you can't ignore the one where they clarified the confusion for us, and said explicitly she entered via the SW entrance.

LE has told us
1 MB entered SW
2 was seen going (N) "down the main hallway"
3 where cam stopped recording her
4 attacked sometime after that, attack unseen, so spot unknown and off cam.
5 found in that general vicinity where she was last seen by cam, so last seen by cam in SW somewhere.
6 but where she was found obviously in an off-camera spot not far away
7 perp was able to exit the building (assumed by LE via kitchen door) from where body was left, without being seen on cam.

I have posted a theory that fits. Haven't yet seen another that doesn't contradict one or more of what LE has told us. But who knows?

Just theorizing...if AJ left for his own CG training and the kids were sleeping over at nana's (?), then perhaps it wouldn't be that difficult. Yes, I remember reading that here (kids not home), but no, I don't know if I could find it again.

But wouldn't she have had to leave before AT to have had the time to drive to the church and then commit the break in? And what about her neighbors? It would be such a risk. This is the only part of the puzzle for me that I can't seem to fit! JMO

MAIN ENTRANCE/ What did Midlothian Mirror consider it?!
The midlothian mirror posted this on 4/21 and updated it 4/25:
"the church door and window boarded up after the attack are on the OPPOSITE side of church, near the dumpster, from the MAIN ENTRANCE covered BY A CARPORT where a grey truck matching the description of Bevers vehicle was parked on Monday during the investigation. BBM. Thread 32 #52

But wouldn't she have had to leave before AT to have had the time to drive to the church and then commit the break in? And what about her neighbors? It would be such a risk. This is the only part of the puzzle for me that I can't seem to fit! JMO

We really don't know how early AT left for his first CG camp that morning. I would imagine he left really early simply since it was his first official camp. Per Google maps the Creekside church is 24 minutes from their home. Kids could have been asleep,at grandma's or heck - they could have been left in the vehicle. CT would have had to leave their home by about 3:30am since the perp was first seen at the church 3:50am. And as far as neighbors, I truly doubt many of them would be up or notice anything at that time of the day. Edited to add...we don't really know if CT was at home the night of 4/17/16. I mean, if the kids were at grandma's - CT could have been out with a friend for a girls night out...

We really don't know how early AT left for his first CG camp that morning. I would imagine he left really early simply since it was his first official camp. Per Google maps the Creekside church is 24 minutes from their home. Kids could have been asleep,at grandma's or heck - they could have been left in the vehicle. CT would have had to leave their home by about 3:30am since the perp was first seen at the church 3:50am. And as far as neighbors, I truly doubt many of them would be up or notice anything at that time of the day. Edited to add...we don't really know if CT was at home the night of 4/17/16. I mean, if the kids were at grandma's - CT could have been out with a friend for a girls night out...

Do we know if CT attended AT's first camp?

We really don't know how early AT left for his first CG camp that morning. I would imagine he left really early simply since it was his first official camp. Per Google maps the Creekside church is 24 minutes from their home. Kids could have been asleep,at grandma's or heck - they could have been left in the vehicle. CT would have had to leave their home by about 3:30am since the perp was first seen at the church 3:50am.

I think she would of had to leave her house a lot earlier though. In the darkness and rain, it would have taken quite a bit of time to bust those locks off the doors and break all the windows. Or maybe not, I have never had to do that before. I have a few ideas that I have tossed around but without any information, it's just that - ideas. Hopefully this will all make sense soon. JMO

Thank you! I have consistently arrived at 71" - 73" or slightly higher, based on a an 84" door installation. Subtracting shoes and helmet, my estimation without gear is between 5'8.5"- 5'11".

I haven't been banned, despite my best efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-First, how tall is CT?
-Is she capable of back door break-in? Or have a male assist? It wasn't so easy.
-Did the kids stay at her parents home on Sun night?
-Where did she stay that night? Home with AJ, parents, brothers, friend, hotel, church?
-If was her, did she dress this way to make MB think she was AJ goofing off?

I don't think it's her, but open to all. Sounds like she has potential motive. Height is critical factor.

Okay, you guys are gonna think I'm crazy and maybe I am. :ufo:

BUT...have you noticed all the similarities between this case and the Baton Rouge shooter? The balaclava (I'd never even heard that word before this case), the silver Nissan with Texas plates, the fact that GL was known to be in Dallas recently, his fascination with fitness and nutrition (called himself a lifestyle coach).

Obviously, GL is not SP. The skin tone and body type don't match. But...what if he rented the car in Dallas and found the balaclava in it? :thinking:
No, I don't think you're crazy. No crazier than I felt when I read that the Dallas shooter scrawled "RB" on the wall in his own blood before he died. I guess you know, without asking, what I was thinking

Purely speculation here...If kids are at grandma's, she could have told hubby she was staying over at grandma's too for whatever reason. Then she told grandma that she was returning home to hubby. Actually, she was neither place. This would account for how she got out of the house in time to be at CCofC by 3:50 a.m.

Yes it is a huge difference. I'll weigh in. I believe LE's original observation and estimate was pretty accurate. I can't say what they based it on, perhaps it was a cursory guesstimate. In an effort to narrow down the measurements to a more exacting range, they called in a team of video experts to do an independent analysis.

When researching this exact subject, I learned this kind of forensic analysis is much more complex than meets the eye. Height estimation alone requires multiple techniques, at least three different kinds of math, extensive knowledge of perspective and how it relates to and links geometry and videography, and even knowledge of anatomy to some degree. Even if you have access to the scene, and some spiffy tech equipment, you must still know and apply all the above. Measurements - no matter how accurate - are simply not enough.

If you're going to reconstruct the scene with scale items or people of varying heights, you must reconstruction the scene identically. The same cameras and settings in the exact same location, the same items/placement, etc. Being off by a single degree at a distance of 20 feet can throw your measurement off by more than 4 inches.

I truly hope the crack LE team applied all of these techniques. I hope they have this level of knowledge of the subject. I assume they do, but have no way of knowing. Even considering all of this, it's possible there was a miscalculation here or there. I have checked, re-checked, re-re-checked my measurements, as have others. I'm very confident with my numbers and completely baffled at LE's numbers. As I've said before, I hope someday I will learn how they arrived at their numbers.
Were you ever able to make contact the Tarrant County District Attorney's office and talk with anyone in their investigative unit about how they got the numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff