TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know it's NOT her because......

Since you know what DID happen it would be great if you could share!! TIA!

I won't attempt to answer for ardenmost.

Answering for myself, one doesn't have to know what did happen to know that CT could not possibly fit into SP's outfit.

I won't attempt to answer for ardenmost.

Answering for myself, one doesn't have to know what did happen to know that CT could not possibly fit into SP's outfit.

well, little skinny green man sure has pretty eyes....lol

And you know it's NOT her because......

Since you know what DID happen it would be great if you could share!! TIA!

tandem husband /wife.....close to source. Gait, mannerisms, motive.........

Better be careful...I suggested someone needed a nap once and got a 2 day ban!
Yes, I thought better of it after I sent it but before I could change it, I fell back asleep![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If the perp broke a window to see if the church had an alarm, where would he go to wait to see if the police came...
Or typically, churches don't have alarms...?

I agree he/they are acting darn fishy, BUT. LE has him three states away with independent verification. AND No way he fits in that suit.

Verification on from whom? Wife? She could be SP while he stayed in background on video at church! We know nothing of who verified alibi!

just MOO from me, but we who have followed case have to wonder...

If the perp broke a window to see if the church had an alarm, where would he go to wait to see if the police came...
Or typically, churches don't have alarms...?

it has been said no alarms in the church....

Yes it is a huge difference. I'll weigh in. I believe LE's original observation and estimate was pretty accurate. I can't say what they based it on, perhaps it was a cursory guesstimate. In an effort to narrow down the measurements to a more exacting range, they called in a team of video experts to do an independent analysis.

When researching this exact subject, I learned this kind of forensic analysis is much more complex than meets the eye. Height estimation alone requires multiple techniques, at least three different kinds of math, extensive knowledge of perspective and how it relates to and links geometry and videography, and even knowledge of anatomy to some degree. Even if you have access to the scene, and some spiffy tech equipment, you must still know and apply all the above. Measurements - no matter how accurate - are simply not enough.

If you're going to reconstruct the scene with scale items or people of varying heights, you must reconstruction the scene identically. The same cameras and settings in the exact same location, the same items/placement, etc. Being off by a single degree at a distance of 20 feet can throw your measurement off by more than 4 inches.

I truly hope the crack LE team applied all of these techniques. I hope they have this level of knowledge of the subject. I assume they do, but have no way of knowing. Even considering all of this, it's possible there was a miscalculation here or there. I have checked, re-checked, re-re-checked my measurements, as have others. I'm very confident with my numbers and completely baffled at LE's numbers. As I've said before, I hope someday I will learn how they arrived at their numbers.

I am wondering about the autopsy results and specifically about the impact angle of the murder weapon, especially if the murder weapon was possibly secured and identified.

-Nin

You get as many shots as you want, to get an indictment from a grand jury. It's not a one-and-done situation. Although, if they say no, you probably don't have much of a case anyhow, as it's not incredibly hard to get them to indict in the first place.

Should have clarified...one shot to get a conviction, but don't think they'd even take it to GJ without a pretty solid case. I know GJ can review multiple times, as people in my family have served on GJ 5x.

Should have clarified...one shot to get a conviction, but don't think they'd even take it to GJ without a pretty solid case. I know GJ can review multiple times, as people in my family have served on GJ 5x.

What is GJ? Grand Jury?

Who truly knows who the killer is...we'll all probably be wrong if they ever make an arrest. I just pray they will have enough evidence to find some justice for MB and that her case won't go cold/unsolved.

it has been said no alarms in the church....

Hmmm. I was thinking (past tense) that since the perp didn't know whether the church had an alarm or not, that he probably tested it by breaking a window. (I don't think most alarms actually ring, though, but alert the local police station, instead.)
Now I changed my mind, and I don't think the murderer tested for an alarm because it's not the norm for a church to have one.
I FLIP FLOP AS MUCH AS A POLITICIAN.

I work with churches for a living, and most have an alarm, but not necessarily cameras JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff