TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who truly knows who the killer is...we'll all probably be wrong if they ever make an arrest. I just pray they will have enough evidence to find some justice for MB and that her case won't go cold/unsolved.
all of us who are following here on WS are privy to the same information, but our interpretations/theories are our own. having said that, everyone should feel that it's okay to post what we feel could be pertinent/useful information or opinion providing we adhere to tos. jmo

Does/would LE ever provide false info to the public to protect the investigation and/or to provide a false sense of security to the suspected perp(s)? We know LE withholds info, but would they lie to the public? Examples:

-"Their alibis have been independently corroborated"
-"The person is 5'2"-5'7""
-"Family, friends, etc etc are not the focus of this investigation"

You're trying to get the various statements by LE to fit, in relation to MB. That makes sense. But in so doing, you can't ignore the one where they clarified the confusion for us, and said explicitly she entered via the SW entrance.

LE has told us
1 MB entered SW
2 was seen going (N) "down the main hallway"
3 where cam stopped recording her
4 attacked sometime after that, attack unseen, so spot unknown and off cam.
5 found in that general vicinity where she was last seen by cam, so last seen by cam in SW somewhere.
6 but where she was found obviously in an off-camera spot not far away
7 perp was able to exit the building (assumed by LE via kitchen door) from where body was left, without being seen on cam.

I have posted a theory that fits. Haven't yet seen another that doesn't contradict one or more of what LE has told us. But who knows?

You were thinking the murder took place in the kids room...Just past the bathrooms?

What's that old idiom? You can't get a quart into a pint pot? CT's curves would not fit into SP's pants - at least not around the date in question. Additionally, her upper torso and arms are too short to be the subject in the video.

Who truly knows who the killer is...we'll all probably be wrong if they ever make an arrest. I just pray they will have enough evidence to find some justice for MB and that her case won't go cold/unsolved.
On this, we agree!

CT is 5'8".
As for height accuracy, it seems like all LE had to do was dress up varying heights of LE in swat gear and send them into the church and stand where SP stood and be able to get an EXACT height. It baffles me that they aren't within 5" on the height.

Just a random thought, but wondering if LE made a search of camper's vehicles while they were at the church? Does anyone know how many were there when Missy was found?

You were thinking the murder took place in the kids room...Just past the bathrooms?

attachment.php

Perhaps. Or maybe in the SW corner of the auditorium.

Attachments

• perp exit.png
    perp exit.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 504
Just a random thought, but wondering if LE made a search of camper's vehicles while they were at the church? Does anyone know how many were there when Missy was found?

I don't know if they searched, but I certainly hope so, although I don't suspect any of them. I just want fewer doubts when/if it goes in front of a jury.

I've never heard of how many campers were there. Would love to know. I would assume all cars were searched , but maybe in the hysteria of the situation and the fact it was the first murder in midlo in 10 years, they didn't. But I'm sure they did the next day if not the day of.

I work with churches for a living, and most have an alarm, but not necessarily cameras JMO

Thx for your response... Is it usually alarms that you can actually hear, or one that goes into the police station?

Verification on from whom? Wife? She could be SP while he stayed in background on video at church! We know nothing of who verified alibi!
We've been pretty explicitly told by the Midlothian Police Department that husband (In OR now from what I hear, right? Let's make sure we're on the same page) has been independently verified (or whatever the proper term is) to have been in CA at the time of the murder. Was Mrs. Perp verified? Don't know. Let's assume not since no mention was made of it. I'd think you'd do a two-fer-one when verifying but let's not assume anything. If LE can't even verify someone is three states away, they probably should be looking for another line of work. He probably irritated me as much as you with the smugness and games (bloody shirt). But let's get the right guy.

CT is 5'8".
As for height accuracy, it seems like all LE had to do was dress up varying heights of LE in swat gear and send them into the church and stand where SP stood and be able to get an EXACT height. It baffles me that they aren't within 5" on the height.

where did you find her height?

So, are you insinuating that only eye witness and actual video of a crime being committed are the only possible pieces of direct evidence? If you are, that is not correct. If that's not what you are saying, then I apologize.

Bolded by me for emphasis.

I respectfully suggest that you are mixing apples and oranges. We are talking about evidence that proves that a certain person committed a crime, not that a crime was committed. For the instant argument, a body, hog tied with blood stained rope bearing the marks of being sliced by a knife, which also has a huge blow- out bullet wound to the skull and an ear to ear pre-mortem slit throat floating in the bathtub of an abandoned house where no knives or guns are found may be direct evidence that a crime was committed but does not prove who did it.

We are discussing whether LE has DIRECT evidence to solve the mystery of the identity of the killer of MB, not whether there is direct evidence that she a victim of homicide. Her body proves it was not an accident or a suicide, the cause of death are the injuries apparent on her body so it is not 'unknown' and therefore there is only one option remaining, homicide.

I have given the definitions of the 2 types of evidence from Black's and alpine has given the definitions from Wikipedia. The Wikipedia ones are easier to understand. Perhaps you would review alpine's Wikipedia definitions and then suggest an example of direct evidence, other than eye witness testimony or a video of the murder in which both the victim and the perp can be identified, which would prove - without inference, presumption or proof of another fact in issue - the ultimate fact to be proven, that a certain identified person committed the homicide in question.

I am very interested to read what you propose and eager to get schooled on evidence. No apologies are necessary, we are simply having a lively and entertaining discussion during an information drought and all in good nature.

Thx for your response... Is it usually alarms that you can actually hear, or one that goes into the police station?
All kind of systems. The nicer ones will call/text the building head and he/she can look up on their smartphone/online the video coverage to see who set it off.

Thank you! I have consistently arrived at 71" - 73" or slightly higher, based on a an 84" door installation. Subtracting shoes and helmet, my estimation without gear is between 5'8.5"- 5'11".

Is it possible the SP is wearing lifts in the boots that look too big? Lifts might also add to the odd gait.

You are correct that we do not have the info you stated.
1. the vendor
2. the charter company
3. whether the vendor purchased an open space for BB on the boat or did the vendor charter the whole boat for as a private charter

even though we do not know that info my point is that there is not one charter that leaves early AM (5-6am) - ALL LEAVE at 12:01am. They all leave at the same time as I believe there is safety in numbers going that far off coast - plus the charter companies want the fisherman there by morning so they can fish. I don't just look for times and dates I read about the trips they offer. BB got in at 8:30pm to the restaurant pretty sure the boat would still have left at 12:01am or thereabouts. Yes, vendors do a lot for their customers and some extravagantly - from what I have read this was a friend of his that paid for him to go due to his health problems. BB never mentions a friend or family member going fishing with him. A detail he conveniently left out - since he basically was telling everyone on FB since that Friday where he was at hospital, on my way to airport, here at restaurant, never says arrived at hotel (does he?) - getting on the boat (does he?) - strange that he said his charter was suppose to leave between 5-6am yet he was still at his hotel (hmmmm) - maybe he was waiting on that phone call. I am just blabbing take it as you will.

It's just my opinion - that all is too convenient. (Again - SP is not BB) not being Snarky. :)

not being Snarky, I'm curious. Do you believe LE didn't fully investigate BB's alibi? Are you thinking he just went to Mississippi to have an alibi but didn't plan on going on a fishing charter?

I’ve always considered alibi as a key element of ruling CT in or out of the candidate pool. I guess her four kids were at gramma’s? And we haven’t heard anything else. Except LE saying they are not finding a love triangle.
Height isn’t really relevant here. We’ve got LE starting with someone about 6 feet, Batbrat says he/she’s is 5’11 to 6’1 and LE (after bringing in experts and re-measuring says s/he is 5’2 to 5’7. So we’ve just about covered 75%+ of thespecies.
Just looking at photos (relative to other people) I’m going to say 5’4 to 5’6. Not short, not tall for a woman.
I did experience what several of you did, where it was kind of an epiphany experience(worked the pictures, worked the pictures, stared at them a while and had ana-ha where the photo momentarily became clear enough to draw that line) I’m usually a more analytic guy so having just that is troublesome to me.
One person mentioned from one angle, it seemed S\he was praying or crying. The word that came to me was vulnerability. Almost looked scared. All this of course is MOO.

Let us stop a rumor now and several have been posted today but not by you. :rumor:

CTs children were NOT at grandma's the night before the murder of Missy Bevers. That FB post of CTs was from a totally different time period and NOT from that weekend leading to the murder.

Oh, WannaB. My apologies; however, I must disagree. This SP was NOT vulnerable. SP is a highly dangerous, very cold and calculating, and an above average intelligent individual. Look at all of the intense planning and immense effort they went to not to get caught. Vulnerable people do not make good killers. Vulnerable people are usually the prey; not the psychopath who zeroes in on vulnerable, trusting, unsuspecting victims when they arrive for work. I refuse to show or share any empathy toward this vicious killer of this successful business woman with three young beloved daughters now left without their precious mother's tender care.

:cow:

Jethroe or anyone - Do we know how high the ceilings are? If this has been already answered sorry in advance I did not see the answer. Thank you.
I can only offer my opinion but, to me, the ceilings appear to be 12 feet high in most rooms. The heights in the hallways appear 12ft high. At the west main entry the ceiling seems at least 18 ft high from the doors to the sanctuary wall, though the ceiling there is peaked so the ceiling gets taller and taller to the center from each side so maybe 30ft in the center. In the sanctuary it is taller still. Maybe 50 to 60 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff