TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is processing the crime evidence has a real challenge. So far LE has said they know a vehicle left the lot not long after the murder, but they stated they can't ID a make and model.

What LE said was that a camera captured a vehicle in the distance. They didn't say that the vehicle was moving, and they didn't specify a timeframe whether before or after the murder. They didn't even specify whether the vehicle was in the parking lot or whether the camera that picked it up was the church's or an off-site camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kitchen door tells a story

You are explaining that the metal door on the East Side of the Bldg leads to the Kitchen?

"... why they would say "reached and opened"..."

SP used the NE doors near the dumpster and not the East Side metal door is why Spann said they "reached and opened" to gain entry into the Church. The NE double doors at the top of the exterior stairs are equipped with glass doors and panic bars. Thus, SP broke the glass, reached into the inside of the door and pressed the handle or panic bar to enter. To SPs immediate Lt that turns the corner for the S Wall is Door 7 for the Kitchen. Room 8 is on SP right hand side looking S along the E wall when standing at the entry point from the SE stairs from the Parking Lot.

I'm not sure what your exact point is. From the context of that LE statement being referenced (Apr 18 presser), and also in the context of the post of mine you quoted, both LE and us are definitely talking about the door near the kitchen, on the N side of the church. Neither LE originally, nor those of us conversing about it here, are talking about the NE doors.

Yes there was also damage to the NE doors. But LE doesn't think he entered there.

Why don't they think perp entered the NE instead? They didn't tell us their analysis, but my guess is that there is physical and/or security-lock evidence to support that.

As for your thinking that entering via the NE should have been easy, imo the evidence says exactly the opposite. We have seen the damage to the kitchen door, which implies its panic bar was disabled but that the perp continued to labor to enter there. But it would stand to reason that perp would have preferred to enter NE via a panic bar if he could have, rather than having to wrestle with a lock on the kitchen door. Yet he had to pry off that kitchen door lock. I'd conclude that if one panic bar was turned off, all of them would have been, and especially the ones with so much glass.

IMO the damage to more than one door is evidence that the perp discovered that truth, that all the panic bars were disabled, via the hard way, and ultimately he had to pry off a lock to get in.

I have been looking into where the "Kitchen as the entry point" came into existence. I went through all of the transcripts of MPD on the media thread and there isn't even the mention of the word Kitchen. Maybe I missed it. I searched Google and the earliest mention of Kitchen in relation to the church that I found was a Fox 4 story that stated BB was told by MPD, among other things, that SP spent time in the Kitchen before MIssy was murdered. Does anyone have a source or is this something that grew legs on its own simply from what the outer kitchen door looked like?

That said I do have a series of posts coming on the Northeast doors and the Kitchen. Just fair warning to those not interested.

Just when the SW/ Main not main door porte cochere/awning got sorted out. I recall only reading that the NE door was the one used by SP, to enter and exit. Maybe I missed something too Jethro4WS?:please:

If I were MB I would want WS members to sleuth the heck out of my life and find out who did this to me.
This would be info we may not be able to say here in this forum but may yield info that could be useful to LE.

10 months prior to her murder.
2-3 weeks
look closely at pics for the past year
SM sites they may not know she had (special Camp Gladiator sites she may have put up on different SM platforms)

I know a lot of WS members have done this but now is the time to dig deep - go undercover and be stealthy so to speak.

Yes - I am sure LE has done this but fresh eyes never hurt. All it takes is one strand of the thread to unravel the
Crime.

The Mary Kay convention started yesterday in Dallas........anyone getting a new look for the festivities?

I have been looking into where the "Kitchen as the entry point" came into existence. I went through all of the transcripts of MPD on the media thread and there isn't even the mention of the word Kitchen. Maybe I missed it. I searched Google and the earliest mention of Kitchen in relation to the church that I found was a Fox 4 story that stated BB was told by MPD, among other things, that SP spent time in the Kitchen before MIssy was murdered. Does anyone have a source or is this something that grew legs on its own simply from what the outer kitchen door looked like?

That said I do have a series of posts coming on the Northeast doors and the Kitchen. Just fair warning to those not interested.
If you look at the 1st round of video, it appears SP is coming out a door that appears to be the kitchen? And then SP appears to head west to the main hallway. Also, there was an animated reproduction of what happened via the door and it was, I believe, a single door. So, who knows. The kitchen entry may have grown legs but it's the only thing that makes sense. However, I am finding that what makes sense is not always what is.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

If you look at the 1st round of video, it appears SP is coming out a door that appears to be the kitchen? And then SP appears to head west to the main hallway. Also, there was an animated reproduction of what happened via the door and it was, I believe, a single door. So, who knows. The kitchen entry may have grown legs but it's the only thing that makes sense. However, I am finding that what makes sense is not always what is.

If he went into the kitchen, I think it was to get that industrial size box of Saran Wrap IMO.
But let me ask (sorry, I tune out most door talk), ppl think he went into the kitchen before the murder, right? Because the P.D. says there is no video after the murder. Right?

Ok, if PD does NOT know who killed MB then how do they know that no one else is in danger, why aren't they asking for the publics help? I am concerned about Missy's daughters!

There is an alternative that could make sense. Coming soon. As for that animation, if that is that outfit out of Taiwan I wouldn't put all that much stock in it. As for where they are when the video begins they are seen just to the right of the western most door to Room 8. What has always troubled me about that is the fact that the door there would open toward the right, that is, toward where they are which seems like it would be a bit awkward to have opened that door and then went around it (eastward) before going west.

If I were MB I would want WS members to sleuth the heck out of my life and find out who did this to me.
This would be info we may not be able to say here in this forum but may yield info that could be useful to LE.

10 months prior to her murder.
2-3 weeks
look closely at pics for the past year
SM sites they may not know she had (special Camp Gladiator sites she may have put up on different SM platforms)

I know a lot of WS members have done this but now is the time to dig deep - go undercover and be stealthy so to speak.

Yes - I am sure LE has done this but fresh eyes never hurt. All it takes is one strand of the thread to unravel the
Crime.

Problem is, when I scroll through her FB Friends, I see potential murderers while they're probably just innocent acquaintances of MB. I even counted up which of them still had their Candles/Justice For Missy profile pics still up and I wasn't satisfied because there aren't that many.

Female Reporter: And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

From Galadriel's transcript of the initial press conference.

If he went into the kitchen, I think it was to get that industrial size box of Saran Wrap IMO.
But let me ask (sorry, I tune out most door talk), ppl think he went into the kitchen before the murder, right? Because the P.D. says there is no video after the murder. Right?
I happen to believe they went into the Kitchen at the end of the opening video sequence. If we take MPD at its word SP was first seen on camera at around 3:50 (could have been a little before or after). If we look at the time stamped video that was released we see SP in the Main Hall (west) at right about 3:58am. That means SP was off camera for a decent amount of time. I believe that period of time was spent in the kitchen. BB said that MPD told him that SP spent time in the kitchen before Missy was murdered. They know that somehow.

Female Reporter: And is he seen fleeing? Is he seen after the assault?

Captain John Spann: Again, we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the way he came in, which was through a metal door that had a glass window that was broken out. And, again, this is all speculation on our part that he broke the window and reached inside to open the door, but we also have a second and third windows [sic] that were broken, but we don't have any evidence that anybody ever went through them. They were just broken.

From Galadriel's transcript of the initial press conference.
But that doesn't necessarily mean the kitchen. There were two doors with windows where the window was broken and one window that was broken. That can mean either of those doors.

I had read that, searched it, could not find any mention of kitchen whatsoever. Nor in any other transcript.

"... why they would say "reached and opened"..."

Probably misquoted. I'm guessing he said "breached and opened". Breaching is something you do to a locked/bolted door with a tool other than a key.

If SP went into the kitchen to get Saran Wrap I hope he had better luck with it than I do, it just ends up a twisted mess, surely he would have had to remove his gloves to do anything with it, leaving fingerprints. He or she could have taken it with them though.

I guess I should get started.

The first entry is the overview of the church itself and the areas that will be visited through the rest of the entries. The image below shows the satellite view of the church with the areas noted as well as information from the Ellis County Appraisal District concerning the property, in particular the dimensions of the covered areas that are part of this information.

The key part of the tax information is the two 132 sqft areas. These are the NE and SE entrances on the East side of the building. After much effort, using as many photos or video captures as possible I believe those entrances to be 12 feet wide and 11 feet deep.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NEDoorsOverview1.jpg
    NEDoorsOverview1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 265
The second entry shows the Northeast entry area from a frame grabbed from one of the drive by videos. This video was taken after the doors had been repaired. What is important to note is that there is plenty of covered space before you even get to the doors. It would be a great place to not only be out of the rain but also to possibly put on or remove tactical gear, for example. There is, of course, no visibility from any passing traffic on 287 and only limited visibility into the area itself due to its height from the ground with the best visibility being if you drove around the church counter-clockwise.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NEDoorsOverview2.png
    NEDoorsOverview2.png
    301.1 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors