TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's place nice in the sandbox or Tricia is going to close down our park. :)

I don't know. The bumbling ones seem to get caught pretty quick. Saw in the news tonight where missing Toledo university student body was found and an arrest made within a week.

Toledo isn't Midlothian, TX, though. I think crimes are being committed in Midlothian by outsiders, who know that the MPD is understaffed and not very experienced, and they're counting on that.

Refer to the Easter Sunday carjacking at the Wal-Mart. The lady who was carjacked said that she thought by the way they acted that this was their first carjacking. Over 3 months later, no arrests and no recovered vehicle either despite all of the surveillance video of the two perps and the drop-off vehicle.

Im not Toledo, though. I'm in a town more than double Midlothian but the few murders we get seem to get caught pretty quick . Some crazy, druggy or bf usually. Now the robberies, even on tape, don't seem to get solved as much.

Every time I go back to that first press conference with Chief Smith and Capt. Spann, I cringe. Smith seems so out of his depth. Not just with the way he is handling the media, because I know he was thrust into a spotlight without a lot of practice, which is why Assistant Chief Johnson has taken over subsequent pressers. I'm struck by the fact that he said this was the first murder he had in 9 years. But there had been a murder 4 years ago. How do you get that wrong, when you're the police chief?

I think they are good people and they are trying to solve this case to the best of their abilities. I just think their abilities are limited, which is why we hope and pray that the other agencies who have given support have made some headway.

These are questions about time frame in which to commit crime.

1) targeted hit - someone would have to know exact time MB would arrive. A very narrow window and would have to know that no one else was with her or that another camper came to help her set up. WHO would know and have that info let's say for 9 - 12 hours prior to her death. Too many variables could happen without this knowledge. There had to be a signal that this was a go.

2) B/E - if a simple B/E - SP could have just hit her in the head thinking he knocked her out and took off. There were a few thefts at SWFA during broad daylight in the store that were caught on camera and maybe these videos could shed some light. 2 people were involved possibly husband wife team.

I have a theory on their financial worries fwiw. Working for a small family business I wonder if BB even had health insurance. My guess is Missy had it when she was a teacher. Perhaps like so many young people they didn't have a lot of it, in any event. By the time she had her hysterectomy, I'm thinking they accrued some serious medical bills. Add to that 3 daughters who need things for sports, clothes to be like the other kids, movie money-that sort of thing and the budget can get tight. Add to that a tanking economy, <modsnip> and Missy's new business. BB then finds he is having medical issues himself and needs a colonoscopy (which isn't cheap) and now more medical bills..

Missy was only a teacher for a short time until they had kids. Then she was a stay at home mom making some money from various home based sales jobs.

What makes you say the restrooms are room 15 and 16?

According to my notes, coming into the interior from the canopied space, the doors are numbered on the left side of the hall as follows:

Room 15 (men's) and Room 16 (women's) are placed inside a deeply recessed alcove that is meant to keep some privacy among those entering and exiting the Rest Rooms. A wheelchair is currently parked on the W side when standing inside of the alcove area, with plenty of extra space, without interfering with the members going into or out of the men's Room 15.

Continuing, up the Main Hallway, that is flush with the alcove walls, on the left, is the unnumbered Family Restroom, followed by Room 17 (Library), Room 18 (Office) and Room 20 (Office). Then, the main entrance/exit is located next, on the left.

When entering the Church at the Main Entrance, currently, in what was once the "Cub Room", is now where a receptionist to the immediate right in the Room with a desk and a phone that one would pass by before turning right to go down the Main Hallway toward the Canopied Area Corner of the Church.

The last thing along that NW wall, is the alcove where the men's and women's restrooms are located side by side; not one in front of the other. It is my opinion this alcove is where the SP was lying in wait for Missy's entrance. However, the SP, imho, was vigilantly standing, not crouching, in this hiding space.

:cow:

According to my notes, coming into the interior from the canopied space, the doors are numbered on the left side of the hall as follows:

Room 15 (men's) and Room 16 (women's) are placed inside a deeply recessed alcove that is meant to keep some privacy among those entering and exiting the Rest Rooms. A wheelchair is currently parked on the W side when standing inside of the alcove area, with plenty of extra space, without interfering with the members going into or out of the men's Room 15.

Continuing, up the Main Hallway, that is flush with the alcove walls, on the left, is the unnumbered Family Restroom, followed by Room 17 (Library), Room 18 (Office) and Room 20 (Office). Then, the main entrance/exit is located next, on the left.

When entering the Church at the Main Entrance, currently, in what was once the "Cub Room", is now where a receptionist to the immediate right in the Room with a desk and a phone that one would pass by before turning right to go down the Main Hallway toward the Canopied Area Corner of the Church.

The last thing along that NW wall, is the alcove where the men's and women's restrooms are located side by side; not one in front of the other. It is my opinion this alcove is where the SP was lying in wait for Missy's entrance. However, the SP, imho, was vigilantly standing, not crouching, in this hiding space.

Where are you getting this information?

I have a theory on their financial worries fwiw. Working for a small family business I wonder if BB even had health insurance. My guess is Missy had it when she was a teacher. Perhaps like so many young people they didn't have a lot of it, in any event. By the time she had her hysterectomy, I'm thinking they accrued some serious medical bills. Add to that 3 daughters who need things for sports, clothes to be like the other kids, movie money-that sort of thing and the budget can get tight. Add to that a tanking economy, <modsnip> and Missy's new business. BB then finds he is having medical issues himself and needs a colonoscopy (which isn't cheap) and now more medical bills..

I agree with your general summary. Even in a household where both husband and wife are working, one or two medical incidents, especially with health insurance deductibles increasing, coupled with kids extracurricular, unexpected car repairs, house repairs, etc., it can easily get overwhelming. Personally, my husband and I are upper middle class and a health crisis late last year has left us still playing "catch-up". It is normal and it happens. I do not put too much "motive" behind marital and/or financial struggles because I think we have all been there (more than once).... JMO

No, I didn't look up the Texas code on it. Didn't mean it in the strict legal sense. Meant to convey what the avg person would interpret manslaughter to be, which is a person killing another without the intention of killing him/her.

I certainly hope he gets the needle.

It seems likely they intended to kill her, but even if they didn't they've killed someone during the commission of a felony, making it first degree murder. If it can be shown they actually intended to kill her (level of brutality) and that it wasn't incidental or accidental, that's a capital crime in Texas.

Every time I go back to that first press conference with Chief Smith and Capt. Spann, I cringe. Smith seems so out of his depth. Not just with the way he is handling the media, because I know he was thrust into a spotlight without a lot of practice, which is why Assistant Chief Johnson has taken over subsequent pressers. I'm struck by the fact that he said this was the first murder he had in 9 years. But there had been a murder 4 years ago. How do you get that wrong, when you're the police chief?

I think they are good people and they are trying to solve this case to the best of their abilities. I just think their abilities are limited, which is why we hope and pray that the other agencies who have given support have made some headway.

I was concerned how fast the LE let the crime scene go back to the public. I think even before the big agencies got involved...
in the hit in pike cty OH this year. I think it was 8 family members, 4 locations. I thought LE actually confiscated the whole trailer and moved it iirc.

I was concerned how fast the LE let the crime scene go back to the public. I think even before the big agencies got involved...
in the hit in pike cty OH this year. I think it was 8 family members, 4 locations. I thought LE actually confiscated the whole trailer and moved it iirc.

That has been my concern, too. I felt a bit better after realizing that MPD called in the Ellis Co. Sheriff's Dept to process the crime scene (mentioned in either 1st or 2nd presser). They have a lot more experience with that than MPD does.

Still, 7 hours was unusually fast. I read something from a veteran detective with decades of experience - he said typically the range is 8 hours to 20 hours.

Looking at MB's FB over the past two years, she got two new vehicles over that time. If you've sleuthed their address, they seem to have a nice house with a good bit of land. If you've sleuthed the company BB is listed as VP of, you're talking about significant revenue and few employees (I know his business is off limits so I'll stop there). Vacation to Montana last year (a month after the hysterectomy), went to Disney the year before. I don't really see a lot of evidence of financial problems. Besides, "financial problems" is a catch-all term covering a wide range of issues from serious to not so much. We don't know if they were headed to bankruptcy and foreclosure, or if they just were maxed out on their lines of credit and had to borrow from family temporarily. We don't know if they owed money to the IRS. We don't know if they were being sued for a lot of money by someone. So without details it's hard to draw many conclusions.

your back!!! We missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Marking my spot

MIMI!!!!!!!!!!! MIMI!!!!!!!!! MIMI!!!!!!!!

You have been missed greatly&#8252;&#65039;

Welcome Back &#127881;

Someone needs to provide an acceptable link to BB having a son. They need to do so now or this thread needs some serious cleanup. If there is none then all speculation about a son needs to end immediately. This is how rumors grow legs.

Well, according to your map, there are bathrooms west of the kitchen. (right before entering the NW hallway). Maybe SP stopped in there to check out if his/her face was covered enough
or if the helmet was situated properly. Maybe SP needed to use the facilities. That easily could have taken 5 minutes.

Maybe there was a lot to look at in the NW main hallway. SP may have stopped to look out the West entrance doors at the traffic or the rain.

We never saw SP open that one door before he/she got to the door where he/she "attempted" to use tools to open the door next to the bullentin board.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
There should be cameras in the NW area that are set up very much like we had seen with the cameras in the SW. That is there should be one looking South and one looking East. If those cameras were not working MPD has not said so. If MPD has video from those cameras they have not released it. Otherwise, SP had to move very specifically to avoid both of those cameras - there is a way to do so. In fact, two of them.

If MPD has video from those cameras I have no idea why they wouldn't release them. Especially the camera that would have been looking East at the NW corner because that one would have SP walking right toward that camera and we would could possibly have a much better look at their face area.

There should also have been video from a camera that should be right in the middle of that West hallway looking West toward the main entry doors since that area can't be seen from any hallway cameras (physically impossible due to the walls being in the way).

Keep in mind that for every camera we have seen where SP either is entering or leaving the range of motion detection (3 of the 4 camera we have seen) they are not more than 50 feet from the camera and more likely than not the range of motion detection with respect to entering the range of detection (rather than exiting the range) is actually in the range of 40-45 feet from the camera. Without cameras elsewhere the vast majority of the hallways have no coverage whatsoever and I highly doubt that is the case.

As for that door in the main hall they didn't open - it is very likely a closet of some sort. With the tools in their possession that door could easily have been opened, I believe they were only interested in leaving tool marks.

I agree with your general summary. Even in a household where both husband and wife are working, one or two medical incidents, especially with health insurance deductibles increasing, coupled with kids extracurricular, unexpected car repairs, house repairs, etc., it can easily get overwhelming. Personally, my husband and I are upper middle class and a health crisis late last year has left us still playing "catch-up". It is normal and it happens. I do not put too much "motive" behind marital and/or financial struggles because I think we have all been there (more than once).... JMO
Yes, that was exactly my point. I don't read anything nefarious into their financial problems. Kids are expensive critters..add medical bills and cha-ching!

Can you indicate these room numbers on a diagram? I'm having trouble following your description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow