TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I saw that capeless Lord Vader approaching me in an empty church, I'd be running away, without waiting for him turning around.

Exactly! Except the perp looks more like Dark Helmet than Darth Vader, IMHO. LOL.

Hey all- I was obsessing a little too much about this case- constantly checking for news throughout the day- and being a local, I am more than a little freaked out. I took a step back for a couple of days, but I stayed up way too late last night catching up on this post.

There is just one thing that I want to mention, because I keep coming back to it. Does anybody else feel like there had to have been a catalyst for Missy's murder? Even if it was premediated (which it was, in my opinion), I feel like something happened (or was perceived to have happened) that caused the murderer to act on their plans. So what happened in the days and weeks leading up to her murder? IMOO, something happened during the Austin CG trip and the murderer decided now was the time to act. I just keep thinking back on this and something that happened in those days in Austin was the catalyst. I am just kind of thinking aloud here, I guess....

That being said, I can think of many different reasons for motive- Glammie mentioned quite a few of them in a previous post on the last page and I agree with her on all of them.

Agreed. I keep thinking maybe something happened in Austin.

:goodpost:

Video does sort of remind me of the FPS games where the player wanders around a place and fiddles with stuff, looking around for targets. Watch a few FPS game walk throughs on YT and lmk if you see a similarity.

Was he wearing a headlamp or was it a reflection on the face shield?

If it was a lamp was he wearing it the whole time or just in some clips?

Was he wearing a GoPro?

Could the "Saran Wrap box" be the silver cover of the door closer at the top of the doors? Like this one in the picture? Just a thought.

attachment.php

That could be a possibility. The box seems much smaller in length of a saran wrap container or dispenser. It could be a hand held saran or foil dispenser that the suspect picked up from the kitchen area. But, after looking at the footage again, their entire hand almost takes up the length of the object. Could this be a large white office stapler? Some large office staplers can be really heavy. Back in the late 90's, I worked in an insurance office and a co-worker brought in her large red Swingline stapler (just like from the movie, "Office Space") and we joked that it could seriously injure someone because it was so HEAVY!

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.07.39 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.07.52 AM.png

THANK YOU!!!! I detest NG ;) but that was interesting.

This stood out to me:

ANDREW GREENSTEIN, KRLD NEWSRADIO (via telephone): Well, number one, we don`t know why he was there at 4:00 o`clock in the morning, Nancy. To

answer your first question, he had broken into the church. He had smashed out a thin pane of glass on an exterior door, and that`s how he was able to

make entry into the church.

GRACE: Andrew Greenstein joining me, KRLD. I know he broke through a door, but isn`t it true, Andrew, he also broke through several windows,

several window panes he couldn`t possibly have gotten through. He couldn`t get in through the window panes, so why break the windows? That`s my

question.

[20:05:03]GREENSTEIN: Well, why break through the windows? Obviously, you`ll have to ask the suspect. But there were other doors that had been -

- that had been compromised inside the building. And police have said that he broke into the church at about -- he broke in before the victim, Missy

Bevers -- before she arrived at the church. So he was already there.

>>>>>>>

I wonder if he broke that Kitchen window first , to see if an alarm would set off? Or maybe the door/s on the end (there are 2 a double sets like that that at the rear of the building. One set by the dumpster ... same side as the propane tank) and another at rear, on opposite side of building) both are at end of hallways. One would be hallway where Kitchen is, the other would be end of hallway that Dutch doors are on or near there but at rear of building.

Maybe after breaking into that exterior door to kitchen, then realized it didnt go straight into church, that may be why busted the doors at end of hallway. Other door leading into the kitchen still has door knob on and doesn't appear to be compromised.
attachment.php

I know, I know...I feel the same way. LOL. I am NOT a fan of hers either but this was the easiest transcript to follow and she did have a certified guest so thats why I pulled this particular transcript.

Is <modsnip>considered name calling? That's certainly not how I intended it when I used it, sorry!

I agree about the timing of the Austin trip being questionable but I find it more odd that the murder happened while BB was out of town on a well planned (in advance) trip. IMO, It wasn't something last minute that he decided to just up and go on. This leads me to believe (along with the costume and staged break in) that this was pre-planned for this specific time. JMO

Two quick thoughts...

1. In the video that looks like the perp is trying to rig the door open... I wonder if he was actually rigging the door to shut. I.e. Placing something in the door or bending hardware so it would stay shut regardless if it was unlocked.

2. If the perp did not have a gun (or maybe if he did), I can't help but wonder if MB would have fled to the sanctuary, if that would have kept the perp from killing her by her endurance of having more room to flee until other campers arrived.

So many things could have gone wrong for the perp, no matter how well it was planned...
The hindsight is heartbreaking.

Which end? I mean if facing the Dutch doors. would it be to the left end or the other side of the glass doors? opposite side of the hall ?

Looked like a C first letter lol but then again my eyes and bifocals never know lol View attachment 93467

Darnit almost end of this thread!

Walking straight through those doors will take you down the hall to past the nursery and to the foyer where the come as you are sign is.

Good point. Ponder this: The police finger some suspect, completely unrelated to the family. Evidence is circumstantial at best. If police didn't test the FIL dry-cleaning shirt, the defense would point to it as possible evidence pointing to family involvement, thereby attempting to raise reasonable doubt that the accused did it.

Of course
the police have to test the blood on the shirt, for many reasons. Even if they're positive beyond any doubt that the FIL had no involvement at all.

This! A thousand times this! Thank you, Sonjay.

And I think we are not supposed to discuss other cases, but I'm making a point about the MB murder investigation---in the Michael Morton case (a notorious Texas wrongful conviction of a husband for the murder of his wife), the husband spent 24 years in prison because (IIRC) police didn't bother to test a bandana found behind the victim's house for DNA, and didn't tell the defense about that item. Yes, the police have to jump through all the hoops, even if they know the person could not have committed the murder.

Hey all- I was obsessing a little too much about this case- constantly checking for news throughout the day- and being a local, I am more than a little freaked out. I took a step back for a couple of days, but I stayed up way too late last night catching up on this post.

There is just one thing that I want to mention, because I keep coming back to it. Does anybody else feel like there had to have been a catalyst for Missy's murder? Even if it was premediated (which it was, in my opinion), I feel like something happened (or was perceived to have happened) that caused the murderer to act on their plans. So what happened in the days and weeks leading up to her murder? IMOO, something happened during the Austin CG trip and the murderer decided now was the time to act. I just keep thinking back on this and something that happened in those days in Austin was the catalyst. I am just kind of thinking aloud here, I guess....

That being said, I can think of many different reasons for motive- Glammie mentioned quite a few of them in a previous post on the last page and I agree with her on all of them.

Maybe, but ISTM that the planning that it must have taken to do this job would have taken more than a day or two. And someone would have to be familiar with MB's routine.

Fwiw, I think the idea of the FIL as perp is way off. I would be hard put to find any man in his age group that walked perfect. I know some are put off by his grin. I have a friend hat actually looks much like FIL and he always has that smile on his face, happy, mad, sad etc. It's his affectation and he cannot control it. As to the bloody shirt, if there was guilt it would have been disposed of, not brought to the local cleaners. Also I feel so sad for this family. Grieving the loss of the DIL, hurting for their son and grandkids, and then losing their beloved dog. What a horror.
I think BB doth protest too much though. I never considered his complicity. But the constant talking. Good grief, he's not making it easy for me. I have just climbed the very uncomfortable fence here, where I will sit, on my hands, until the day we know more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In the interview about the shirt, BB says that they are doing DNA tests and that could takes weeks. The test for human vs. animal blood is not a DNA test. That test is called is called: RSID (rapid stain identification) Test for human blood.

From what im reading it seems like a much simpler test than a DNA analysis. But with Backlogs these days, who knows, it could take weeks to perform.

Half of a mile, to be precise. And there is quite busy road, yet nobody saw a person in a SWAT gear strolling in the hood.
No No No. I said it before and will say it again. The area is actually more rural than most think and that road is ASBSOLUTELY NOT CROWDED BEFORE 5AM, period and end of story.

Video does sort of remind me of the FPS games where the player wanders around a place and fiddles with stuff, looking around for targets. Watch a few FPS game walk throughs on YT and lmk if you see a similarity.

Was he wearing a GoPro?

Wow, about the GoPro! I think that's entirely possible!

Was he wearing a GoPro?
Omg. A GoPro. You may be onto something.

they weren't travelling?

it was RB and Mrs B whos shirts got to the drycleaners, locally iirc?

so the XXL womans the media has focused on is Mrs B's but there is another shirt that RB said was still at the dry cleaenrs. Obvously this is not true Police would have both. Maybe they regularly take shirts in and there was only a tiny amount from the dog death anyway. I remember the dog I saved barely bleeding at all and I thought theyd killed him.

Actually the claim they were traveling (California) and they live in Austin so by definition if they indeed came from Cali to Midlothian upon hearing the news they are traveling.

Fwiw, I think the idea of the FIL as perp is way off. I would be hard put to find any man in his age group that walked perfect. I know some are put off by his grin. I have a friend hat actually looks much like FIL and he always has that smile on his face, happy, mad, sad etc. It's his affectation and he cannot control it. As to the bloody shirt, if there was guilt it would have been disposed of, not brought to the local cleaners. Also I feel so sad for this family. Grieving the loss of the DIL, hurting for their son and grandkids, and then losing their beloved dog. What a horror.
I think BB doth protest too much though. I never considered his complicity. But the constant talking. Good grief, he's not making it easy for me. I have just climbed the very uncomfortable fence here, where I will sit, on my hands, until the day we know more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the shirt was to test the waters and see if LE was still investigating any family.

Maybe this has been discussed before (love how fast the threads are moving but having trouble keeping up) but has there been any mention of the police checking video footage of the church in the days/weeks leading up to Terri's murder? I would imagine that the murderer cased the church/did a walk-through beforehand. Even if they were familiar with the church because they attended services there or took fitness classes there, I'd still think they would have spent some time wandering the facility alone planning for that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879