TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had so desperately hoped for an arrest today. Apparently, my hopes are in vain.:anguish:

I hate the day it but I think we all played right into the killers hands by focusing on the way he/she walks and the size. The walk was on purpose to throw us off and the outfit was to conceal their real size. I don't think they are stocky I think he/she is either fit under all that gear or skinny. There has to be something else that we can zero in on other than the gait and size. I'm getting a sick feeling that this isn't an amateur at all that this was a hit by an experienced person. JMO but it might change...

I had so desperately hoped for an arrest today. Apparently, my hopes are in vain.:anguish:

Or at least some possible <modsnip> from possible locals. I really think the perp is being followed by LE, this is why they don't warn the public is in any danger.

Hopefully they are waiting on some evidence coming back from the lab and lock this person up.

Why haven't they released the 9-1-1 tapes?

Two things:

First, I don't think LE will release the 9-1-1 tapes because they are too graphic & may contain the manner of death (various visible weaponry & wounds).

Second, someone in that town has to remember somebody talking about the Church's surveillance system fairly recently. Someone must remember a slight comment or question. Maybe even making a mockery of the surveillance system (like looking at the warning surveillance sign) & making a snide comment to someone in the know at the Church while subtly waiting for a retort. But this perp didn't get a counter comment like "oh no, our camera system is rigged to an alarm at the Police station" or "oh no, our camera system is state of the art"!

Nope. They may have even offered the perp reason to believe the system was faulty without thinking much of it.

Now this person must dust off their cobwebs, remember the convo & report it to the police. Now.

Personally, I don't think the perp walks like that without that getup on. One of my friends said she put on her husband's shoes and she walked like that. I think the whole getup and posturing done on the video was to do just what it is doing: make people look at everyone who has a waddle instead of those who don't.
that is my theory also. LE is dealing with a passive aggressive crazy person. Probably someone who goes under the radar,people that plan like this usually aren't very spontaneous. non confrontational probably too imo and that is why the resentment and hatred and jealousy builds up

Re: the bloody shirts

If the shirts were worn by the perp, and got blood on them (do we know how much?), then the outer "SWAT" suit would surely have blood on it too. Meaning that the perp either needs to hide or discard it. Why, then, wouldn't the perp just keep the undershirt with the "SWAT" suit and hide/dispose of it all together? Why send anything to the cleaners IF it actually had blood on it from the murder?

Not to mention they said it was blood from a dog fight and if you go on the MIL FB the dog has indeed passed away. However I guess that could be a cover story.

Totally agree though. I would be burning it not trying to get it dry cleaned. How sus would that be!
I don't think the bloody shirt has anything to do with it.

I'm so disappointed that we haven't heard anything today, and more importantly, there were no arrests today. :(

I had thought Missy's vehicle was the truck parked under the awning and that the white van was a police van? Am I mistaken?

You are correct. Here is another picture with showing Missy's gray truck with the door open, under the awning:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
I had thought Missy's vehicle was the truck parked under the awning and that the white van was a police van? Am I mistaken?
No, you are not mistaken. I believe in Thread 5 we discussed this thoroughly with pics on the outside and what the foyer looks like on the inside.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

This is what I get from the 4/18/16 Press Conf I tried to get it exactly as was said, not claiming perfect. I encourage you to back and listen. to what is actually said and not said.

CHIEF CARL SMITH
approx 500 dispatched
When officers arrived "medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female They started a search of the building, to make sure there were no other individuals in the facility , DURING THE SEARCH the officers found evidence force entry into the building indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and no body was found. After that the victim was pronounced deceased by the Ellis County Justice of the Peace....

at 254 mark doesn't know specific time of Suspect arrival, understand Suspect was in building prior to victim arrival according to video
.....he states BDU type pants?
.....a lot of damage done in the building
....video of him walking thru the building all they really see is him walking thru, not what he is doing "to his knowledge"

Captain Spann:

6:47 Captain John Spann starts speaking:
...several doors breached by individuals, went thru several rooms
...camp normally starts at 5

815 mark
once officers got there -prelim search they did determine that there was forced entry into the building, broken glass through out the building --from that determined that it was possibly a burglary that she possibly walked in and interrupted

As to when Suspect first arrived : video in church-- motion activated 10 min before 4am Suspect first shows up on video

He had not seen video *that is going to be released* saw still pictures *** choosing his words
no outside video, a camera is outside but not functioning at the time

1142 mark
Female Reporter: Is Ms Bevers in the video as well?

Captain Spann: " the video that were are going to release is of the Suspect, there is no video of the assault that took place , there is video of Ms Bevers as she first entered the church but don't believe that's with video being released right now, out of respect for the family"

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."

Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assult. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them
*** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Personally, I don't think the perp walks like that without that getup on. One of my friends said she put on her husband's shoes and she walked like that. I think the whole getup and posturing done on the video was to do just what it is doing: make people look at everyone who has a waddle instead of those who don't.
I just threw on my hockey pants and my husband's shoes and I walked very similar to this perp! When my husband is home in the morning I will have him take a video and just crop out my head.

I just threw on my hockey pants and my husband's shoes and I walked very similar to this perp! When my husband is home in the morning I will have him take a video and just crop out my head.

Nooooo! Leave your head in....cover with half mask & put on any helmet you can find. Keep your head slightly tilted forward. Then post, please.
You also have to state your approx age, height, & weight, ok?

:doh:

I had heard that Creekside had their regular church service on that Wednesday. My hubs thought that it probably wasn't in the sanctuary because of that. What do you think of that theory? I have been thinking it was in the sanctuary as well....

Oh good gravy! :doh:

I not sure. They didn't publicize where was at and I say one video where a Pastor or Priest went through and "Blessed ea room"

Two things:

First, I don't think LE will release the 9-1-1 tapes because they are too graphic & may contain the manner of death (various visible weaponry & wounds).

Second, someone in that town has to remember somebody talking about the Church's surveillance system fairly recently. Someone must remember a slight comment or question. Maybe even making a mockery of the surveillance system (like looking at the warning surveillance sign) & making a snide comment to someone in the know at the Church while subtly waiting for a retort. But this perp didn't get a counter comment like "oh no, our camera system is rigged to an alarm at the Police station" or "oh no, our camera system is state of the art"!

Nope. They may have even offered the perp reason to believe the system was faulty without thinking much of it.

Now this person must dust off their cobwebs, remember the convo & report it to the police. Now.
I also think that someone may recognize the 911 callers voice and perhaps put them in danger.

One thing to add, my grandson plays hockey. He is at a healthy slim weight and height, but when he puts on his hockey gear, I do a double take at the transformation. He looks so much bigger and he's only 8. Everything about him is different, his height, demeanour and especially shoulder width are increased.

Do you think maybe he was waiting to see if Missy had a key to the church office? She had a key to the front door. He might have thought she could lead him to the cash if the intention was to make it appear to be a burglary which I don't think it was. My point is if this person is going to kill someone in a church, they wouldn't think twice about stealing money as well.

And while we are waiting on the video from Mountaingazer, here's a real cop wearing "gear":

Notice the "tactical gear" comes in Army Green, Navy Blue and Khaki. This is from a shooting from a robbery early this morning at 3:30 a.m. Don't know why the cops thought 3:30 was a weird or strange hour for a burglary??

police.jpg

He was shot around 3:30 a.m. and died at University Hospital.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...t-frat/ar-BBswqeB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

No, you're not mistaken. The truck can be seen in the video in the link. It's a helicopter aerial view and they pan around and zoom into the awning area. Satchie had been talking about the awning because if I am not mistaken there are two. One in the front and one on the side.

ETA: Sorry for the confusion. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members