TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably got a set salary per year (or month), no matter how often he worked. He may easily have been able to do a lot of work at home via phone/computer, it seems to me.

JMO

<modsnip> I don't want to know this poor grieving mans health history but working from home is highly possible.

Don't think the biz p,as I to anything. Small mom and pop distributor. I'm in the biz. Has anyone commented on or figured out what the box in suspects left hand was when pounding the sheet rock with Hammer in right. Suspect entered room across the hall w/out, came back with. Was only in there for seconds. White box black markings.???

Not yet Chuck! I think the jury is still out on what it is. Everyone thinks it's something different. Do you have any thoughts on what it might be?

Welcome to WS by the way! :) I'm sorry my welcome is so late.

Okay. Hubby went on a annual fishing trip while in Chronic pain for a while.

Now was this 5 year annual trip through a actual company that he worked for or ran?

Once again.

Nobody is stating where the chronic pain hubby money was coming from nor which company actually ran this annual trip. Just asking.

Was the annual trip just a boys night out. Or was the annual trip from a company that hubby was a part of. Just asking b

Especially since xyz

Watch him raise his left hand up as he walks in. It does kind of give off the impression of a flash light motion but I am positive he has a head lamp on so I am not sure what he is doing with his left hand here? Sorry it shows up smaller when I post it making it hard to see.
attachment.php

To me, it looks like he is grabbing for that same shoulder like when we thought he had a police radio on his shoulder talking to some one before. If there was an accomplice maybe he is being told she is coming and he is getting into position JMO

How much money was Missy making with Camp Gladiators? She was a successful trainer and I assume she was making a profit.

Not yet Chuck! I think the jury is still out on what it is. Everyone thinks it's something different. Do you have any thoughts on what it might be?

Oh my gosh, you know what it looks like to me is one of those electric knife boxes. My parents to to have one that they always kept in the box. Didn't he come out of the kitchen with it?

Could we all be over-thinking this crime? Should we dumb it down and if so-to what degree? Simple burglary (for money, electronics, copper etc.)?

Love, money or revenge.

I'm going with the first one (today), I just can't decide who was having a fling with who.

I just cannot wrap my head around burglary because the killer had plenty of time to take something and leave.JMO. The way she was killed makes me think the killer was very angry[/QUOTE]

How about 'desperate'?

Bolded by me

<modsnip>I don't want to know this poor grieving mans health history but working from home is highly possible.

<modsnip> Over the last several years he wrote on FB about problems with ulcers (anaphylactic shock from meds with this) and diverticulitis. I know nothing more of his health history.

I wrote something a bit too awful to post about the actual murder - but one of those elements of surprise attack is the advantage of darkness. Missy enters feeling safe, all normal, goes into sanctuary (auditorium) right where the killer is entering, he is waiting in the dark, his eyes are adjusting to the dark. Missy probably has to switch on the lights, inside the doors? and the killer would stop her from doing that to keep the darkness. He could also have that helmet light, or affixed a small flashlight to his vest, turning it on to blind Missy in the dark. jmo stray thoughts

Could we all be over-thinking this crime? Should we dumb it down and if so-to what degree? Simple burglary (for money, electronics, copper etc.)?

YES, Way over. No offense to anyone. I applaud everyone here on what they are doing. I'm new here, and have read every post in every thread. For me it has gone so far from the known facts, and rumor and conjecture has branched into the realm of completely unreasonable and unproductive. I know I'm new, so please don't let me step on anyone's toes here, but may I suggest a reset. Maybe even someone who's not so new here to navigate the direction when it starts to get way into the mystery novel zone. Again, with all due respect, this is no less than bizzare, but what do we actually know. Where, when, who, how, what?

I'm very curious about this incident and I hope we learn a little more about the details. I have come to believe it may be a local, but this is my opinion. They don't do lock downs (even soft lock downs) without good reason. May or may not be related at all but this seems like a pretty peaceful place.

I received an alert since my kids attend the schools that were in lockdown. Don't believe it's related, it was a "disturbance-white male was shooting gun in the air, he was arrested for disorderly conduct without further incident. There was no direct threat to schools, lockdown was initiated out of an abundance of caution." -Stated by MPD

I just cannot wrap my head around burglary because the killer had plenty of time to take something and leave.JMO. The way she was killed makes me think the killer was very angry

How about 'desperate'?

Bolded by me

Maybe. Why do you think it was robbery? What's your theory?

What is the relevance of all of this sleuthing into BB's company? Is it really necessary to subject a victim to this?

I'm no way shape or for am I saying anything. But it might be able to explain the motive. Did someone in the company or someone close to the business have a vendetta against BB or the business? If so was this the reason for the heinous way this was carried out? Did Missy just prove to be the easiest target to get back at the business? We don't know, and since it is relevant in the sense that we have little to go on, it would definitely be an interesting explanation. (If one were to exist)!

I wrote something a bit too awful to post about the actual murder - but one of those elements of surprise attack is the advantage of darkness. Missy enters feeling safe, all normal, goes into sanctuary (auditorium) right where the killer is entering, he is waiting in the dark, his eyes are adjusting to the dark. Missy probably has to switch on the lights, inside the doors? and the killer would stop her from doing that to keep the darkness. He could also have that helmet light, or affixed a small flashlight to his vest, turning it on to blind Missy in the dark. jmo stray thoughts

Not really. My be box of plastic wrap, foil, plastic bags. Generic. Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading here for a long time. Just recently commented.

Oh my gosh, you know what it looks like to me is one of those electric knife boxes. My parents to to have one that they always kept in the box. Didn't he come out of the kitchen with it?

The knives that plug in and move? I remember those from when I was young. I think my grandfather used one on the hams and turkeys during the holidays. Is that what you mean? YIKES. :notgood:

Or, do you mean one of those boxes that you sharpen knives with?

I believe so. That's so odd, but now that you mention it, we had o e to. Not sure , but could be. That's been one of my biggest " what's up with that" moments in the video, along with why suspect is smacking the wall with the hammer. And not really smacking it with any real force. ??

To me going on foot to the airport actually seems the safest. The MPD is a small town police force, so they don't exactly have a lot of resources and would need to have a reason to direct their limited resources to finding footprints in the dirt, which even if they did think they found footprints, those could be old and I don't think they have any K9 scenthounds as there's no mention of any K9s on the force. LE can easily get patrol cars on scene to pull people over in vehicles, but tracking people on foot is a deliberate decision that I don't think the small town force could make without good reason. Eventually LE might get info from the airport, but by the time that comes back the perp is long gone. The proximity of the airport to me undercuts anyone's alibi since whoever did this could have flown in and out of there from another state in a private plane. Neither FIL nor BB appear to have the strength or training to do something like this as it sounds like both strength and skill were involved, but if they did them being out of state wouldn't have stopped them from flying in then flying back out of state as by plane it's not that far and if it's a private plane it's not like there's passenger lists and charges to your credit card that you'd get using a commercial flight, but you can show your subsequent commercial flight home as an alibi to you being out of state during the whole time. There could be other people who were out of state that we don't know about that had reasons for wanting to do Missy in and if these people do exist, the out of state excuse just won't cut it for me as you'd have to have credible witnesses who can cover for the time where you could have gotten into a private plane, done the murder and flown back instead of just showing you were booked into a hotel and your commercial flight records.

Interesting idea, SpanishI. Would think the private airport would have records of take offs and landings, that could be easily verified.

IMHO

Great. Thanks Pim.

I sometimes forget the replies when threads move this fast.

But in all honesty.

Where was BB money coming from while being bed ridden for many months?

Just asking. How many loans did he take out. Or is his fuel business that he invested in just happen to make big bucks.

You're welcome, Dexter. And don't know the answer to your question except to say, just because we don't know the inner workings of their financial situation doesn't mean it can't be aboveboard.

Husbands can have ill health and not be at work for several months (know this from personal experience), but that doesn't mean the money flow coming in to the family must be suspect, illegal, or nonexistent. In all likelihood his business offered not just a health insurance plan, but also had an HR set-up that involved disability pay for if/when the husband was out for an extended period of time due to legitimate illness. With the latter, the husband's pay might not be up to their usual income level (in our experience it pays about 70% of usual salary), but that isn't something they couldn't have ridden out--either with Missy's business, or tapping into vacation days and savings, or both. I would expect, if this is a family-run business, that there is perhaps even a bit more leeway and less threat concerning his salary continuation and financial stability.

My initial thoughts was this was a hit. And I'm still not convinced of any theory really. When hiring a hit you would think the method would be a lot more quick and simple.Plus who in her life would pay or have connections for such a thing. The mannerisms of the killer seem more inexperienced than that of a pro. And who picks a hammer for a hit? Seems risky.

Happening along a burglary makes sense but nothing was taken. Pair that with the overkill outfit and seeming cool collected behavior in the halls, and I can't convince myself of this theory either.

I guess that's leading me down the road that this person is the one who wanted her dead and came up with a hair brained idea that unfortunately has worked.

I received an alert since my kids attend the schools that were in lockdown. Don't believe it's related, it was a "disturbance-white male was shooting gun in the air, he was arrested for disorderly conduct without further incident. There was no direct threat to schools, lockdown was initiated out of an abundance of caution." -Stated by MPD
I noticed they gave no age-range of shooter or the circumstances. I hope LE gives more details on this incident since it affected 3 schools-students and parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member