TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Missy would need to be there 45 minutes before class? Surely doesn't take that long to set up, I wonder if she typically arrived 45 mins before each session. Maybe she planned to do some exercise of her own before class started. Maybe she arranged to meet one of the campers there a little earlier. Hmmmm.

I'm always early to class so I can do stretches, gossip with my friends and just unwind before I do a sweaty workout.

Missy had a lot of equipment to unload and with the rain, she probably had to move things around in the room to set up and be prepared. Looks like she was putting her 100% into this like it has been said. Fitness was a big part of her life

We would need to know Missy's normal patterns with getting her classes ready to know if she normally arrived so early. According to this link, she was still unloading her truck when she was killed.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

Also knowing if it was normal for that early camper to arrive so early. The perp could have been surprised by someone showing up almost half an hour early and fled, leaving their tools behind as they hadn't budgeted that event into their schedule.

My hunch (and it's only a hunch) is that the vest came with the word POLICE on it. I think the entire outfit was pieced together from a mishmash of items, but I don't think anything was homemade.

JMO.

I've been thinking about this too. We know hubby says it was a mishmash, and maybe he's right, or maybe he's lying to distract from the real perp so LE can close in on him or her, or her and him, or him and him, or her and her. I have 2 pair of pants that are nurse scrubs and they have a lot of pockets and loops for holding stuff and things. I wore a pair today and I noticed they looked sort of swatty-esque. Regarding gait-gate, I also started walking funny and found a teeny tiny rock in my neon pink and gray Nikes that I did not put there (think princess and the pea - HA). I think the vest the perp is wearing is for real. It was like a magician's hat he/she pulled so many "tools" out of it.

:tyou: to all the websleuthers who are sleuthing this case! It's great to see so many GREAT minds at work in one place for Missy Bevers! :loveyou:

P.S.: Maybe the perp was trying to bully the church into hiring a private security firm? <modsnip> :twocents:

For all we know, MB interrupted a burglary or vandalism, she ran after or away from the perp, slipped, hit her head on the concrete floor and died. Perp runs off. Maybe there was no murder at all.

What video are you referring too? I haven't seen the footage where the suspect looks directly at the camera or slows down to read a bulletin. The video I watched was the official one released by the police Dept and only shows the person walking, an attempt to jimmy a lock and that's it. Thanks.

The video of the killer. There are 3 videos released (IIRC) but the one we are talking about in ref to the picture linked is where the church wall says "holy grounds" and you can clearly tell it's the same wall/floor inside the church in the video. As far as the bulletin board reading, I saw it in one of the videos as well. Maybe the last one released.

ETA Link: [video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

For all we know, MB interrupted a burglary or vandalism, she ran after or away from the perp, slipped, hit her head on the concrete floor and died. Perp runs off. Maybe there was no murder at all.

Yes, this could be felony murder. Actually in the video you can see a glass table, which she could have fallen and hit her head on that, shatter the glass table and killing her. However, given the involvement of ATF and US Marshals, I think this was actual murder where a gun was used, though a firearm may not be the actual COD.

Oh goodness.

Yes, that is another good point.

Missy seems like the type to arrive early and be ready before her students arrived. That seems in character.

But, that wouldn't be a "given" for anyone to know - that seems like insider information to know that the trainer shows up very early.

JMOPINION.

Exactly! These classes are normally for an hour, so to have to set up 45 mins before seems excessive. That said the perp arrived at 3:50am, so maybe they knew she was an early person. I just get the feeling her killer knew she was gonna be there, alone, long enough to kill her and get away in good time. So who would know that?

People seem to ask in almost every case if LE has issued a warning to the public, but I have very rarely heard of that happening in any case I've followed. I think it's very unusual for police to issue that kind of warning unless there's an active shooter situation happening or something similar.

Fair point.

I've been thinking about this too. We know hubby says it was a mishmash, and maybe he's right, or maybe he's lying to distract from the real perp so LE can close in on him or her, or her and him, or him and him, or her and her. I have 2 pair of pants that are nurse scrubs and they have a lot of pockets and loops for holding stuff and things. I wore a pair today and I noticed they looked sort of swatty-esque. Regarding gait-gate, I also started walking funny and found a teeny tiny rock in my neon pink and gray Nikes that I did not put there (think princess and the pea - HA). I think the vest the perp is wearing is for real. It was like a magician's hat he/she pulled so many "tools" out of it.

:tyou: to all the websleuthers who are sleuthing this case! It's great to see so many GREAT minds at work in one place for Missy Bevers! :loveyou:

P.S.: Maybe the perp was trying to bully the church into hiring a private security firm? Clearly, he/she made a point of shooting the middle finger at the cameras inside the building. <modsnip> :twocents:

A disgruntled church employee has murdered before. http://www.delawareonline.com/story...re-pays-settle-suit-workers-killing/28305559/

Exactly! These classes are normally for an hour, so to have to set up 45 mins before seems excessive. That said the perp arrived at 3:50am, so maybe they knew she was an early person. I just get the feeling her killer knew she was gonna be there, alone, long enough to kill her and get away in good time. So who would know that?

Anyone who looked at her very public Facebook page. They wouldn't even have to be a Facebook friend of hers. Since her posts were set to "public", they were viewable to anyone and everyone who wanted to see. :frown:

I cannot find the LE statement but it alluded to the perp maybe needing to "talk" to someone? Does anyone recall exact wording? IMO that could be a tell that the perp is a minor, which complicates this whole thing, and might further explain LE not releasing any further info?

Yes, this could be felony murder. Actually in the video you can see a glass table, which she could have fallen and hit her head on that, shatter the glass table and killing her. However, given the involvement of ATF and US Marshals, I think this was actual murder where a gun was used, though a firearm may not be the actual COD.

If it had been that particular glass table, then it should have been captured on video and other students arriving early could have plainly seen MB lying the floor.

But yeah, the point is that we are making a BUNCH of assumption based upon partial information.

I still wish they would release the 9-1-1 tapes. They must have told the persons who found MB not to reveal what they saw because then it would reveal COD, which they are obviously wanting to keep under wraps. And maybe the 9-1-1 tapes would reveal that, too.

I'm just so tired of saying MAYBE.

MOOOC

Anyone who looked at her very public Facebook page. They wouldn't even have to be a Facebook friend of hers. Since her posts were set to "public", they were viewable to anyone and everyone who wanted to see.

True, but it would have to be someone looking at her page, ykwim? While Missy's FB page was indeed set to public, someone looking at her page had a reason to look at her page, whether it was because it was someone interested in her classes or interested in stalking her, or some other reason. It wasn't as if people are randomly clicking around FB to find someone to murder.

JMO

Do we know if the campers that found MB and called 911 stayed on the scene for LE to arrive?

I am sure they did. I can't imagine calling 911 and then leaving her there I actually think that is a crime

Since LE states Missy was in the process of unloading her equipment when she was killed, and if the killer took her by surprise, IMO that would tend to indicate the killer watched and then hid in the room where the exercise would take place and the murder took place in that room. Or, the killer already knew which room was used when exercise was held indoors.

Slowest non chalant burglar vs the quickest killing and escape artists; gives more hints at what they were really there to do. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff